Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOVEMBER ALREADY!

+11
Kristen
Tscadden
tweetie462
Mari7779
Chaycethedogs
mythreesons
RobbieandLexisMommy
eileen bauer
rocknrollmommy616
Kim
PolloLoco75
15 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

NOVEMBER ALREADY! - Page 8 Empty Re: NOVEMBER ALREADY!

Post by tweetie462 Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:52 pm

Okay - so yesterday DD had her ENT appt to check the tube in her ear - the tube is out and there is some fluid, but the doc wants to wait to do anything (yeah - no surgery right now) until he sees her again in 2 months. We get home, everything seems to be okay - DD is complaining that her tummy hurts, but DH & I think she has to poop so we try to get her to poop in the potty - nothing -- bedtime comes, she goes to bed - no prob - then around 10pm - she throws up all over her bed and room. Get all that cleaned up, get her bathed quickly since it got in her hair, and back into clean pjs and back to bed - she goes back to sleep only to wake up at 1am (right after we get Logan all settled into his snuggle nest) because she threw up again - this time not so bad because there's not much left in there - get her bed changed (again) and this time DH stays in her bed with her so we would both be able to sleep a little easier - but then Logan wakes up so he ends up sleeping on me because by 2am, I just want to sleep - 5am rolls around - she threw up again (this time only water), get DH & DD settled back and Logan is up again - this time he wants to eat - feed him, get him back to sleep (on me again) and then the alarm goes off at 6:30 - i am so dragging this morning!!

And i still haven't gotten the results from my sugar test - don't know if that's good, bad or normal...i figure i'll give it a week and then i'll call if i haven't heard.

Today is the LONGEST day so far - it feels like it should be about 4pm, and it's not even noon!!! AHHHH!!!!

Hope everyone else is having a better day.....

I just remembered -- on the upside for yesterday - Logan pooped on his own!! It was still hard at first, but at least I didn't have to stimulate him first!! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:39 pm

Oh No Elise what an awful night! *HUGE HUGS* I hope your DD feels better and you get some rest!!!

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:56 pm

Update on the mouth sore and consitpation

UG! so now the doctor wants us to get off of the enfamil AR
(which Daniel is NOT spitting up all over me) and put him back on teh soy which he WAS spitting up all over me. She doesn't want me giving him laxative. So I am to give him the other formula and then if the spitting up persistes we will get him some kind of medication for reflux. The AR is working so well but if it is stopping him up ug. does anyone else have the spitting up the whole darn bottle problem? It is so frustrating it is a cycle he spits up, he is fussy becasue he is hungry he eats like every hour becasue of it and i get nothing done and spend all day feeding him and he is grumpy because he is hungry I mean I hate it. so REALLY hoping it isn't like that all this weekend. anyone else deal with this?

As for the sore the doctor said it is not infected and is not looking like thrush or anything so to just leave it alone and it will go away.

Okay TMI alert but I was so excited to get the go ahead to use tampons since my periode started yesturday only to discover I still need pads becasue I am leaking thorugh in 2 hours! I was like WTF? but it is better than nothing for sure. I get to get the mirena tomorrow hopefully Doctor said you have to be on your periode so that is good. Last thing I need is to be prego...lol
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" alt="" />
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:18 pm

Eileen -
I am supposed to get the Mirena too - but get this - they just ordered mine and AF came yesterday so if it doesn't come in by the time AF is over I have to wait another month!!!! GRRR!!! I was excited to use tampons too LOL - I was sooo tired of pads.

Why doesn't Dr. want him on the AR if he was doing well on it? A lot of kiddos have issues with Soy and Constipation - my son did so I refuse to put Lexi on it../.

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:34 pm

Um, if your supposed to get the Mirena while on your period then why did my doc tell me he wanted to wait until after it was over?Ugh...male OB's make me nuts!I had my AF when I went in at my 6 week check up and he said he wanted to wait until 8 weeks when I didnt have it....I don't want to get preggo again... Evil or Very Mad
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:52 pm

omg eileen - I started my period two days ago and usually its the first day that really sucks, but it only just got bad in the middle of the night last night. Like that gotta go to the bathroom because its that bad, kinda crampy.

Also, I'm getting my Mirena put in tomorrow! I will let you girls know how that goes. also, not moving to NJ anymore because of complications and things, but looking to move to Tulsa, OK. It's super cheap to live there! It's like 600 or less for a 2 bed 2 bath in some places! It's not EVER like that here! Anyways, just thought I'd update yall. Smile
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:00 pm

I can't believe you guys are already getting AF!!! I'm STILL bleeding and sometimes it's massive. The dr told me that sometimes it goes for a long while...I'm starting to get worried. I mean I've bled thru to the carpet before and that was just a few days ago. When did ya'll stop your postpartum bleeding????

Bekah - my mom lives in Tulsa! It's far different than the DFW area...have you ever been there??? Sorry it's not working out moving to NJ. I lived on the east coast for about 2 years right before college and I really liked it except for the cost of living....way too high for a single person!
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:09 pm

I think she wants him off the AR for the constipation becasue the doctor kept saying hte constipation is the priority problem andthe spitting up and possible reflux are secondary. We shall see...

Wow good luck on the moving you should come look at leander or cedar park texas...lol i love it up here. Close to austin but got enough going on up here to keep you busy.

Ug we did a bottle of soy and it went okay so far i am still putting the rice cereal in the bottle tonight though no way are we going back to every hour or two!...lol

eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:10 pm

Chayce- I had postpartum bleeding constant for like 2-3 weeks but then from week 3 to 4 It was here and there. I mean would have a clean pad for hours so I would take it off and think YAY finally give my cookie a break from the constant irritation of a pad and then I would bleed a little more so then would have to put a pad on again.. Am wondering though how long before AF visits me as Jeremiah is almost 7 weeks old.Not that I miss it........just hopefully it doesn't visit until after I go for my check up next tuesday..because my dr won't do the check up.

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:58 am

Chayce - I only had 2 1/2 weeks of bleeding. The first 5 days were heavy and then it was really light the rest of the time with a little spotting the last couple of days. That could be because of the C-section and I hear you dont bleed as long with them. I am sorry you are having so much.

Bekah - Sorry to hear NJ didnt work out. DH lived in Jersey for a couple of years. The cost of living was much higher than TX. Getting an apartment etc - way more expensive. Tulsa should be better with that.

Kim - Sounds like you had a big day yesterday. It also sounds like a fun day. I hope you had a good time going out with DH. My mom keeps calling and asking me if we are ever going to go on a date so she can watch the baby. Hopefully soon!

Shannon - Calzones! YUMMM! I am jealous. More carrot sticks please! I hear you on the schedule. We just kind of fell into ours. Its nice because I now kind of know how the day is going to go - or at least an outline of how the day should go. Wink

Elise - Oh my goodness what a night you had. Try to hang in there girl. I hope your DD feels better. How awful to be throwing up all night for her and not sleeping and cleaning up puke all night for you and your DH.

Elise - Nate would spit up almost a whole bottle until we switched to Soy formula and added Mylicon to every bottle. That seems to at least keep the formula down. Now we cant get him to poop more than one really hard grape size poopy a day. Poor guy. He has all that food going in and nothing coming out. I am calling the pediatrician back today.

AFM - I had my 6 week check up and I am good to resume all normal activities. cheers I was also put on the pill for BC. I didnt want the mirena because we may want to start trying for another baby with in the next year or 2 and I didnt want to have to go back into the doctor for them to remove it. I like just being able to stop taking the pills and wait on my own. Now I just have to remember to take them. Neutral
Other than that not much is new. I am going to go and get me some breakfast because I am starving! Then again - I am always starving these days...

Take Care Ladies!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:15 am

Elise- so sorry you had such a rough night!!! I hope that she is feeling better and you were able to get some rest.

Shannon- that is really weird your Dr. said that, all I have ever heard is that it gets put in during AF.

AFM- we left at 1:30 yesterday and didn't get home until 8:30pm...it was a lot of running around but we got everything done, I just have a couple of small things to get and stocking stuffers. I was so tired, it was kind of hard to enjoy dinner, I thought I was going to fall asleep.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:38 am

Chayce - I had about 2 weeks of bleeding. I think I got lucky because of the c-section. I didn't bleed much with my last child either.

Bekah - We want you to stay closer to TX anyhow Wink Because the closer you are the better chance we can meet up someday!

Kim - I too got some of my xmas shopping done yesterday. We decided to just by lots of little things since money is so tight. So far I got like 9 presents for $30..woo hoo

Shannon - How nice to have found a routine. I'm hoping my will kick in here once I have to go back to work.. ugh!

Elise - Eek.. what a night.. hope you can sneek a nap today and your DD is feeling better.

Elieen- That's strange they want you to switch back.. ugh. Glad the sore is nothing serious though. I would have through thrush too.

General Disscusion... I'm not sure if I updated about Dominic's sickness. Not scarlet fever thank goodness.. just a nasty cold and lots of eczema.

Poop.. (maybe we should start a poop only thread..haha) Well he is really funny about this.. he usually only poops about once a week. This had me so freaked out. But it doesn't seem to be hurting him and the doc said the Bmilk could just be so nutritionally fit to his needs that he doesn't have any waste. As long as he's not scrunching in pain, passing hard stools and having wet diapers it's fine.. still seems weird though. When I do suppliment though he gets Soy. It makes lots of stinky toots, but doesnt' seem to stop him up.

AFM - I had my 6 week check up yesterday. I got my Merina and it wasn't too bad. I hadn't had an AF yet and that didn't seem to matter. It did make me start to bleed within about an hour or two though. I'm just glad to get it because we have been DTD since about week 3 and I certianly didn't want to get pg again.

i have also had the most swing drama.. i'll have too fill that in later,, DS is crying and DD needs to get ready for school.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:34 am

Well kit and me are off to a great start this morning. He slept for five hours last night after completely draining his favorite breast and then gulping, I kid you not for about ten min on the other side put him down he fussed a little but didn’t cry I went to bed next thing I know its six am and he Is crying in his little polite cry of please I’m hunger mother if you wouldn’t mind just a bit of food you know. Got him cuddled him fed him he drank and went down and I slept till almost nine. He ate again and is now resting. I even got to make an omelet this morning for breakfast it’s rather nice I’m wondering how long it will last.. My DH gave me two breaks yesterday too well three I suppose sort of. I fed the baby for like 40 min and he was still fussy and crying but not really drinking till I tried to take him off. So DH after talking with the nurse decided to take the baby and keep him while I went and napped. Kept him for an hour fed him went back to sleep for another hour it was so nice to sleep in the bed instead of sitting up in the recliner holding him.
Later that night he sent me to Wal-Mart without him or the baby (to get something he wanted but still.. freedom seriously) I guess me feeling better is making the baby better .. I’m awake more when I feed him and such.. I donno but he is doing fine and I’m hoping this lasts all day we have a lot to do today. DH has a pot luck at work and I need to bath myself the child dress us bother bake the green bean casserole and get us all and our friends wife to the Training readiness center for pot luck.. Then we are off to get photos made and go to a dr appointment…
At least with the baby things seem to be going swell .. With the husband.. we are kind of in a silent fight I was attempting to talk to him about our issues the other night and he popped off with “well at least I’m not fat” he has never gone there before he has always been supportive and nice to me told me I was attractive to him and so on but he was tiring to hurt me and well. He did. We went to our marriage counseling the next day and such but I donno.. he is trying to pretend It didn’t happen and he did say he was sorry but it had no weight to it and I know he probably is sorry it’s just I’m tired of the immaturity of our marriage ..
But I’m defiantly not letting him see me naked or do any of the couplish things we use to do… it’s not out of spite really it’s just protecting myself I’m tired of him using the intimacy he has with me to hurt me when he feels like it. And I realize its going to take while to fix anything so there is no point in being mean to him just.. Living.. I am leaving for my moms early December but his family is flying in for thanksgiving and they are very excited to see us and the baby his mother in a sigh of truce is planning me a birthday party (she hates me but she’s going to “be adult about it” now that there are little eyes) they have spent a lot of money on airline tickets and hotel and such with a lot of fore planning so I’m trying to be respectful. I also have no intention of letting them know we are having issues that is Andres choice if he wants to, I’m not telling my family either I’m just visiting my mom for the holidays she is super excited she seems to think there needs to be some big to do since this is his first Christmas .. Not like he will know the difference though.. but off to shower annnd wash my hair! What a luxury lol
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:38 pm

Michelle- I hope Dominic is feeling better soon...do fill us in on all the goings on when you can.

Jessi- You seem to be in a really good place about a lot of things today. Sorry things are still rough with Dh, but I think you have a good head on your shoulders and are trying...sometimes there is a point when enough is enough and you will know when that it is, I just hope he comes around before that. I can't believe he said something about your weight...If I were a man I wouldn't even say something to a normally skinny person after they jst had a baby...shit I would never address weight at all with a woman if I were a man...unless of course I was looking to getting my teeth kicked in...LOL
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:36 pm

Jessi - keep up the positive attitude - it makes all the difference!! And yes, the baby will respond to your moods, so the better yours is, the better his is!

Bekah - too bad about NJ, but at least you have a new plan!

Chayce - the worst bleeding I had was after ODS and i think that only lasted about 4 weeks (probably wouldn't been less if I hadn't been so mobile the first week)...after DD and Logan, the bleeding wasn't bad at all, but those were my C-section babies. I didn't get AF until about a month after I stopped bfing with the other two, so I'm hoping that'll be the case this time 'round too! Smile

AFM: DD is better (THANK GOODNESS) so she went to school today...too bad Logan didn't have the best night...he was up at 3am and again at 5am and only wanted to be held after eating...not the best way to sleep...and for some unknown reason, DH was in with DD most of the night, so I had NO help in the middle of the night...and then ODS comes in at 6:40am all upset because the tooth fairy hadn't appeared...so, now I have to write a note from the tooth fairy (like i've done when it hasn't appeared in the past) because i know as soon as he gets home from school he'll run upstairs to check. I didn't even know that he had lost a tooth!! I so yelled at DH for that one...and to top it all off, he left the house at 5:15am this morning to go into work because there was a problem with a switch failing so I was on my own to get everything done this morning, after hardly sleeping!! ARGH!!! At least it's Friday, and we have NO big plans for tomorrow (except for cleaning the house since I've having thanksgiving here) - so maybe I'll get some sleep, or at least a nap tomorrow 'cause Sunday I have to start cooking for Thursday.....

Ok - vent over..time to play tooth fairy and maybe even grab lunch before Logan wakes up...have a good weekend ladies - don't know if I'll make it back on today..
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:08 pm

Lexi is refusing to eat again. Please pray for us. I will update when I can.

Heather

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:29 pm

Well had my 6 week appt today and kind of got my mirena. I was so mad apparently according to my doctor in his 25 years I am in the top 5 for ilusive cervixes great! so he finaly found it and got the mirena in, but it is not in all the way so i have to go back in a month and see if it worked it's way up to the correct place. Apparently it is supposed to be at the top of your uterus and mine is half way there. so still got to use other means of protection although with AF here with a vengence there won't be much going on. Then the nurse really ticked me off I am on AF I say I am on AF and the nurse says "whoa you are really bleeding!" I am like duh I said I was on my periode. I was so mad and embarrased. I stained my only pair of jeans that fit right now so all I have are maternity pants or PJ pants to wear hopefully I can get the blood out of the jeans. I am not used to heavy AF like this! Ug this is all I need AF, the mirena thing, and dealing with poor Daniel.

As for daniel his constipation is gone so the doc said we could go back to enfamil AR thank GOD!!! after 24 hours of spitting EVERYTHING up and no sleep I was ready to commit myself. Poor little guy was so tired adn fussy and you can tell the rflux is bothering him. The doctor gave me a perscription for Daniel for zantac to try. So we shall see but he does well on the AR.

Sorry so negative just not my day. Think I will go take a nap and 4 Ibuprofen...lol Hope everyone else is feeling better than me!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:28 pm

Eileen- I'm sorry your Mirena appointment went bad. Sad If its any consolation, when she tied mine to my cervix, I wanted to die, it hurt so bad!

So, I went to my doc to get Mirena today. Luckily, DF didn't go into work til 3:30 and my appointment was at 11:15. So, alone I go to the doctor today! My nurse was like, "just you today?" I was all, "yes, thankfully Cory didn't have to work til 3:30, so I didn't have to tote anyone along." lol Anyways, so My AF was sooo bad that I was all ooged out cuz I was getting blood on the paper the put on the exam table... eek. So the doc came in, she tried to distract me while she was putting in the Mirena because she knew I would cramp up. It hurt sooo bad! I thought it would be a little cramp, but when she went to clamp my cervix, it pinched and made me cramp horribly! So I was laying there after she was done, trying not to cry.. Sad it hurt so bad you guys... And she sent the nurse to get me some Advil liquid gels. well I just heard her say to get me Advil liquid. Anyways, we get done and she says after you get dressed, talk to Christie(her nurse) and she will give you a card that says the day you need to have it taken out. So I get up and go to that bar across from the exam table and i see two packages of Advil liquid gels, a big cup of water, and a small medicine cup of orangey/pink liquid. So I take the little medicine cup and drink it's contents. Well it tasted just awful! And I thought, man, you'd think if they gave you medicine in a liquid form that it wouldn't taste this nasty! so I'm like, Well this must be why she gave me all this water! so I drink the water, and the taste does NOT get any better. So I get dressed and walk out and I see the nurse. So I asked, "what is that stuff you gave me in that cup?" And she says, "In this cup?" and picks up the cup that had water in it, "it was just water." And I said, "no no, the little cup with the orangey stuff in it. It tasted awful, like soap!" And she goes, "oh no." and walks into the next room and comes back and says, "It's gunna be okay. Your stools will just be loose for the next couple of days." and I just kinda looked at her funny and she says, "You drank soap. It is the soapy solution we use when we're doing these kinds of things when blood is involved." I was MORTIFIED. My doctor walked in and laughed and gave me a hug (I was laughing too, only to keep from crying because I was so embarrassed) and said, "It's okay, you're a new mom." Which I took to mean I'm all jumbled in the brain and stuff. Well I told my mom and DF and DF was like, "Are you okay?" which of course I am and my mom was actually like, "that's so scary! What if that had been something worse?" And I was thinking the exact same thing! Although my doctor laughed about it while I was there, I wonder if she didn't REAM the hell out of my nurse and be like, "You can't leave that kind of stuff around. you never know who's likely to do something stupid and drink it." although I'm sure she didn't say stupid.. or I hope not. So, yes it is funny, but still also scary. I will think twice before ever doing anything THAT stupid again!

Well just thought that story might make you guys laugh. It sure made my sister laugh like a hyena... which she never laughs THAT hard at anything! lol anyways, I hope everyone's day went good.

also, for the mirena deal, my doctor says that as soon as I stop bleeding we can have sex without other means of contraceptives. YAY! No babies for a long time! Smile
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:43 pm

OMG Bekah! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! I am so sorry....your story just made my day!!! A shot of soap.....LOL! I really am sorry to laugh but ROFLMAO!!!!!!! *wipes tears from face*
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:17 am

Wow Bekah what a riot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL They definitely should not have left that sitting right by the meds they gave you but hey look at the bright side at least you won't be having poop issues like all the LO on here ..... I know totally not funny...but I did laugh at your posting :-P

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:09 am

lol oh no girls that's why I posted it! ^_^ I hope if anyone had a bad day that it cheered them up, or at least gave them a good chuckle! teehee Smile
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:45 am

Oh Bekah, I am right there with the other girls...LMBO, oh boy, what a day you had.

AFM-DH did something to his back just standing up so he is in extreme pain (thank goodness he is on vacation) and then ODD came down with this horrendous cold, she would wake up coughing and crying...so the only way to get her to sleep was to have her sleep with us, which meant we didn't sleep and then of course Landree still has to be fed and tended to so no one got any sleep last night and we are like zombies...we hope to take naps in shifts today...oh so tired.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:33 am

He he he...Bekah, geez...he he he...that sucks...he he he...Poor thing...he he he...at least you can laugh at it!Seriously though, it really hurts to get put in?I'm nervous now...

Kim- Aww hope you get some rest today!

Has anyone seen "Twilight"?I want to see it...my BFF Jess is taking me out to lunch and to see it on the 6th!!!No kids for a few hours!!!I read all the books..Very good!Have a good weekend ladies!I hope everyone feels better soon!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:37 am

Shannon - honestly, I wouldn't say it's any worse than natural labor. But since I went into my labor knowing full-well that I was getting an epidural and that I would not feel pain AT ALL... I obviously don't know what that feels like lol. But yeah, when she clamped at my cervix, I nearly cried it hurt so bad! But, again, I have an EXTREMELY low tolerance for pain. I am a huge baby when it comes to my period(cramps) and labor pains lol. I'm terrible!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:46 am

Oh boy that can't be good if you're comparing it to labor...Well if my insurance covers it I'll be getting it tuesday so guess i'll find out...
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum