Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What the poop?

+6
RobbieandLexisMommy
Chaycethedogs
eileen bauer
rocknrollmommy616
mythreesons
PolloLoco75
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What the poop? Empty What the poop?

Post by PolloLoco75 Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:01 pm

Well it was mentioned that a thread all about pooping - and or not pooping should be made so here it is! What is your poop issue?

Ok so I called our pediatrician and we are now to use the glycerin suppositories 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 in the afternoon. We also have to switch formulas again to the Nutramigen formula. Yeah! We just bought a brand new can of the Isomil. So no more soy and we are on to the expensive hypoallergenic formula. Here is hoping he poops more than a grape and he doesnt bust a blood vessel getting it out.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

What the poop? Empty Re: What the poop?

Post by mythreesons Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:13 pm

I don't know if I can ever eat grapes again...LOL
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:23 pm

no pooping issues here......yet............knocks on wood vigorously

LOL Shannon good thing I don't like grapes........also I love the avatar you have now YaY for smiles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:49 pm

Hmm - I'm eating grapes - wait, thats not a grape! J/K! Laughing
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:41 pm

I am also having problems with Joseph trying to poop. You may be right about the Isomil. We are giving him the Isomil and ever since we started giving it to him, he's had pooping issues. We are going to the doctor on Tuesday for shots and a check-up. I am going to talk to her about the problem and what she thinks the answer to it is heh. But I must warn anyone on WIC, if they have to change to a brand that is NOT sponsored(Similac), you have to get a doctor's note.

Also, I heard dark karo syrup is okay to give babies in their bottles and that usually makes them go. I am going to try it and see if maybe it helps. I feel so bad for Joey. I had to give him a suppository just now because he was trying so hard to push that poop out. It was hard, like you mentioned Amy, and dark green... but not black... although pretty darn close! I had to do a double take. But after the massive poop came out, it was like a light brown. So I know there's normal poop in there! although, the light brown poop was really watery.. eww. lol anyways, I am hearing lots of different things to help the baby. I am trying to swear of the suppositories and I am not using the baby laxatives anymore, since it isn't helping. Good luck to the other mommies with poopy problems! Sad
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:48 pm

Daniel is actually poopeing okay after a really stuck situation, however now the doctor has put him on the ritoden i think it is called the baby zantac so i think that will help with everything from constipation to the throwing up to the fussiness.

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" alt="" />
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:59 pm

Amy-Ewww!!!LOL!!!

Thanks Joy!Anything bad happening during a day can be easily erased by just 1 baby smile!

Well Lucas seems to only poo maybe twice a day now but each time he goes, its in spurts for about a half hour...But that's been the worst of it so far...Sounds like alot of poop but really not much in there...
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:53 pm

Eileen - Brenden takes Zantac and so does my other DS...he has all his life and he is now 8. The Zantac cuts out the stomach acid so when they reflux or spit up it doesn't burn and when they poop is not acidic. It works really well if you give it to them 3 times a day at this point. It takes a few days to kick in but if you miss a dose your little one will notice a difference. I mix it with Mylicon in a nipple and give it to Brenden...it tastes awful. Just thought I'd throw that your way!! I hope it helps Daniel! :-)

Grapes....and Dawson's favorite are the black ones....I'll always look at them differently now! LOL

So we've been doing the prune juice (1oz juice to 2oz water) for 3 days and while I"m still having to stimulate Brenden he can push out the nice soft poop pretty easily...but still cries. Hopefully tomorrow he'll be able to go all on his own with stimulation but the prune juice has definately made it softer. So I know the docs tell us a baby can go several days without pooping but in this house it's a 24 hour limit and you're getting help. I still have to give Dawson glycerin suppositories once in awhile and he takes Miralax every other day. Sometimes kids just don't go but once they get backed up it's a whole nother story...atleast with my boys.

Poop....the talk of the town! LOL
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:06 pm

I had to give BOTH my children suppositories today - I feel like I am knee deep in POOP! I think it is from the Prevacid - well I know for Robbie it is or else someone gave him cheese which also makes him constipated. Lexi is now on Nutramigen again so hopefully that will help...

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:15 am

Logan actually pooped on his own Friday night for the first time in about a week - no stimulation needed!! So hopefully whatever was stopping him up has passed....
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:51 pm

I have come to figure out that the rice cereal causes constipation in my son daniel, Enfamil AR might also be doing it but the rice cereal for sure is. Goodness I hope the enfamil AR isn't because that is the only formula he keeps down even with the ritedon or baby zantac.

eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:11 pm

You know Eileen I was gonna mention something about the rice cereal maybe being the major cause of the constipation a few posts back but when you mentioned how they switched formula and that even though they switched or whatever you were gonna still keep him on the cereal because you didn't want to be going back to being up every few hours again I didn't wanna say anything and maybe have you think I was telling you what to do. But maybe if you mix some dark Karo syrup with the cereal when you make it maybe that will keep Daniel regular but still sleeping like he currently is?

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:35 pm

I used Karo with my DD, it worked wonders. We are still on the once a week schedule here. It's creepy, but as long as he's not fussing I'll just let it be.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:46 pm

Well Daniel is sleeping normal without the cereal so going to stick with that for now. HE slept teh exact same alst night without any cereal so we will see how the next couple of nights go.

eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:58 am

I’ve been told that its really not a very good idea to give your baby anything other than breast milk or formula even water is not something there little kidneys can digest yet.. That was what the military nurse said when I asked her if I should be doing… and mentioned things like rice cereal, juice and so on. she said that without talking to a doctor first you could cause serious issues not to mention allergies.
She also gave me a copy of what to expect the first year, that has a ton of information in it I hadn’t known yet. Has anyone else read this book?
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:25 am

Eileen- I am glad he still slept well :-)

Jessi-True most dr do say that but my mom used rice cereal with us kids from about 2 months on and she had 5 of us and we were alright. I mean she did it because it seemed like we were never full and always wanted to eat eat eat. And something else that is gonna sound really strange to all of ya she fed us evaporated milk diluted instead of formula because formula was way too expensive and she didnt want the hassle of more appt on top of what she had because she was a single mom and didnt drive or have a license or car and lived on welfare. I was kinda shocked when she told me that....the whole bit about evaporated milk I mean.
Now don't get me wrong I am not saying everyone should do that by no means its just that I survived and was healthy overall.
[i]

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:35 am

Jessi- Do what makes you feel comfortable...there are some things I will do with out calling the Dr. (like a little extra water added to her formula if she were stopped up) but like you, and it is perfectly okay...I am not comfortable doing much more with out consulting my pediatrician first.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:58 am

Well Nate is now pooping! Well not RIGHT now but he can again! Big Cheers! The suppositories weren't fun. I did one and DH did one. Poor little guy. We switched to the Nutramigen (good lord is that expensive) and he seems to be doing much better. We have had 3 decent poops in 2 days! He was a grouch though. He was the fussiest thing I have ever seen. I guess just getting him regulated made him grouchy. He is as sweet as pie this morning. He was just really clingy and whiny the last couple days. That is why I havent been around. He wouldnt sleep and when he did it had to be on someone. If you put him down he would wake up and be mad someone wasnt holding him. That was a bit draining. Right now he is napping in his crib with no problems. Whew! Here is hoping this corrects everything.

Sending good poopee vibes your way!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:46 pm

Got the following this morning, which was kinda interesting to read, and then Logan pooped this morning!! Yeah!!

The Scoop on Poop
Are your baby's bowel movements frequent? Rare? Loose? Firm? Yellow, brown, or multihued? Stinky or sweet? The scoop on poop is that it is indeed an indicator of your baby's well-being, so you'll find yourself becoming quite obsessed with what's in those dirty diapers). It also comes in a wide variety of colors, consistencies, and frequencies that are all considered healthy and "normal." For example, at two months old, your baby may produce six or more dirty diapers a day — or he may go four or more days between poops. Both are fine (consider yourself lucky if he's in the low-production group — you'll spend less on disposables and laundry soap!). The color of his output may range from yellow to greenish to brown to nearly black (again, anywhere in this Technicolor range is normal). And just wait until he starts eating solid foods! What goes in must come out, so you'll experience a whole new world of hues, textures, and — yes — smells.
To read the entire article:
http://www.whattoexpect.com/first-year/week-9/poop.aspx
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:21 pm

Amy- did your little one have spitting up problems? like reflux or anything? I have been thinking of trying that same formula instead fo the AR since the AR seems to stop up my little daniel. but every other formula my little guy has projectile vomited it all up.

eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:35 pm

Just to jump here about the formula - Brenden is now on the ready to feed Similac Alimentum and doing very well...except for the poop issues which I think we now have resolved using the 1oz prune juice mixed with 2oz water. We tried everything, Enfamil Lipil premade and powder, Gentlease premade and powder, Nutramigen premade and powder, Similac Sensitive premade and powder, and Similace Alimentum premade which we have stayed with. I really think, atlease for him, the premade formula makes all the difference in the world! Once he starts eating fruits/vegetables, probably around late February, he will try going back to premade Similac Sensitive and see if he can tolerate it. I am now spending $10 on 32oz of premade formula that doesn't quite last one day...so $375 per month to feed a 14lb person. :-( It's worth it because it has really helped him but at the same time....EXPENSIVE! Anyway, alot of the poop issues our LO's are experiencing is completely normal at this point since they aren't mobile and don't really drink water which are huge GI friends!
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:29 pm

Amy - Joseph is currently going through that phase. I HAVE to swaddle him to get him to sleep AT ALL. And sometimes he will only sleep for like a half hour to an hour before he wakes up again... He's been fairly pleasant, but it just seems to me like maybe this poop issue is more than its letting on.

Eileen - When I started Joey on pear juice and water(1oz of each in the bottle) the other day (just twice a day), he had a weird feeding. I had fed him the pear juice during one feeding and he went to sleep later. Then, I fed him just his formula during the next feeding and he just wouldn't burp for the life of him! Then, all of a sudden, he vomitted it all back up. I use the word vomitted because it as ALL of the milk he had drank. He was a little upset at first, and I tried to feed him the rest so he'd have something in his tummy, but after I changed his cloths (and mine), he seemed like he was just fine without it... weird. I don't think its the formula though.. but I know how you feel.

AFM - still poopless after a couple of days. I started him on 1oz pear juice, 1oz water before his normal 6oz bottle of milk, which he doesn't necessarily finish(fine by me). I also did something funny along with this. When I started this pear juice regime, I made a little calendar-like page for him. I wrote Sun-Sat and drew lines like a calendar, but split them in half diagonally and put a little legend next to it that said (top 1/2=mornings, bottom 1/2=evenings) and we place an X on those times so we know he's had them. Then, I have decided on the days that he DOES poop, to color in the morning or night that it happened. this way, we can keep track of when we are feeding him to juice, and when he poops, simultaneously. I put it on the fridge, so we can't forget. I think I'm getting pretty good at this mom thing. ^_^ Well, we go to the doctor tomorrow morning at 11 or 1130, I have it in my phone. But he'll get his shots and we are going to talk to the doc about the pooping problem. I hope we don't have to get a prescription for his formula for WIC *rolls eyes* that'll be a pain in the rear!

I'm glad most babies have their tummies back on track! Yay for poopy diapers! Still waiting on them here. To those of you who have fixed tummies, well done, keep up the good work! And to those of us who haven't gotten tummies fixed, good luck! Ciao!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:19 pm

Lucas didn't poop until Sunday and the last time he'd gone was Friday night..For him that's been fairly long and he was up most of Saturday night..So I started looking up babies and constipation online and I found this link..Pretty neat for ideas...

http://www.drhull.com/EncyMaster/C/constipation_infant.html
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:47 pm

Very interesting...
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:53 pm

yes good things on that link although my mom taught me the whole Karo syrup thingy with my ODS.. but good to know that its is a recommended treatment:-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum