Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February Valentines!

+9
eileen bauer
rocknrollmommy616
MichelleL
Kristen
ladydy
Kim
PolloLoco75
tweetie462
mythreesons
13 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

February Valentines! - Page 9 Empty Re: February Valentines!

Post by ladydy Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:17 pm

Michelle...I'll be thinking about u guys, keep us posted. Good luck!!!!!
glad u got some good sleep.

I'm with u girls on the grill, we couldn't live without it. I try to plan around too cold of days but our garage is a tuckunder in the back of the house so we have shelter if it's too cold.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:20 pm

Wow am I a wuss or what? Its like 58 degrees outside - heck lets be real, its like 65 with a breeze and its to cold to grill for me! LOL! And I LOVE grilled food. Its just such a pain to take apart and clean the grill everytime. UGH! I think one of the big things is my DH isnt a grilling guy. He can grill but doesnt like to do it. I have been trying to figure out if there are any good indoor grills like you can use on your stove or something I just dont know how the smoke from it wouldnt be bad.

Michelle - I am glad you got a good nights sleep. They are so nice when you can get them!

Well I am killing time unti time to go home. I have gotten so much done today. I have kind of hit the wall. That and I cant wait to see Nate. I get a little antsy about this time everyday. That and dinner will be waiting for me when I get home! All good! I guess that is it for now. Y'all have a great evening!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:37 pm

Well, DH came home at his usual time today. He didn't see anyone in his group leave. That's how you usually know it's over.....your co-workers start packing up but you leave at the regular time. Hopefully everyone in his group will be spared.

Amy - I don't clean the grill everytime I use it. I have a brush thing that has brissles (sp?) on it and I scrape the grates after it has cooled off then put the cover on for the next use. If I use BBQ sauce or a thick marinade I clean it but I use Easy Off oven cleaner and spray everything then turn it on like you would an oven....then it just wipes off. Other than that DH cleans it at the beginning of every month when he changes our A/C filter, sprays the yard for nasty Texas bugs and checks for fire ants. Usually I just make sure to use the sauces when I know DH is cleaning it anyway! Let him do it! LOL
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:22 pm

Elise- I would just not say anything since it has been so long. If it comes up I would say something like she went to go live with jesus and leave it at that.

Shannon-how awesome to spend some time together with hubby hope you enjoyed it

Jessica good to hear from you glad chloe is doing so great! Hope the all day sickness goes away soon that is definitely something you don’t need.

Kim-I am with michelle we use our grill year round also we love our steaks and grilled fajitas…lol

Diana-So sorry Aubrey has the UTI and know that it can linger too I hated it when we went through it with my 3 yr old. The VCUG will be hard but it is necessary.

Michelle-yeah for a good nights sleep! Hope it is the start of many more!

Amy-yeah for sleeping through the night!!!

AFM-CPS is still investigating and won’t talk to me about it of course. Kids are doing well going back to work tonight after a 3 day weekend so dreading that but ohwell. Have a lot of school work this week so will be busy with that. Feeling pulled in a lot of directions today. My hubby gave me “so what did you do today” question I was like plenty…lol he doesn’t seem to understand that I work full time too just at night and need to sleep during the day time. He wants me to spend all day cleaning the house when I need to sleep sometime. It’s an ongoing thing. But eh it ain’t going to solve itself.
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:22 pm

Ok see I missed another day of posting...LOL tomorrow I will be on the ball I swear!! I spent the morning and early afternoon at my mom's house and I got to take a nap UNINTERRUPTED!!!!!!! Yes you read that right!!! That hasn't happened in 5 months!!!(yes Lucas is 5 months old now-still seems unreal) I had Lucas on the couch with his grandpa sitting with him and I fell asleep in the chair.He apparently woke up and I flew out of the chair so fast that I fell..LOL.My mom told me to just wait and grandpa just talked quietly to him and he fell back to sleep so I slept for another whole hour!!! Wow I can't believe it! We headed home after that and I was talking to my boys scout master when DH walked in at 5pm!!! HOLY COW!!! He's never home before 6-6:30pm!!! He told me on Sunday that everyday this week he's going to get up early and go in to work early so he can get home early to spend time with us.So I made enchiladas for dinner(we're eating our favorite meals that we know the kids hate-lol) and he's on the couch sleeping and Luc is sleeping in my lap...I'm still missing my boys and my ODS was apparently sick this morning but feeling better later this morning. Poor boy...Same thing happened to them last time he went out there...Ok I'm heading too bed...Later mommas!! I will try and catch up with personals tomorrow!

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:15 am

Well lots of posts since I posted last...cannot remember too much what was said really as I am sleepy right now and Jeremiah finally fell asleep about 30-45 minutes ago. Poor guy is teething something fierce I think because he was dry and had just finished eating and burped and was crying and crying and trying to get a hold of something to bite down onto so I put some orajel on his bottom gums and he got upset with that as started coughing a bit but eventually settled down enough to fall asleep. I do not think it will be too much longer and he will have his first tooth in. His bottom gums feel kinda like spongy(the only way to describe it) they are not hard like they normally should be and also to look at them I can tell that there is two teeth sitting not far below the surface of his gums.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:23 am

Hey guys...I won't be on today, going off and about shopping with a friend whose sister is having a baby next month, so we are going baby shopping. And then DH and I both have the day off and another couple we are friends with are teacher's but are on break right now so we are going to hang out with their family in the afternoon. It should be a fun day.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:09 am

Have fun Kim! I won't be on much today either - Jeremy is back in school (yeah!!) today, I have to take Rayna to my mom's and then Logan up to DH's work since I have my annual gyno exam today. I'm sure the dr will not be happy with my weight - I know I'm not - I've put back on about 12lbs since having Logan. Sad Really have to stop stress-eating!!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:23 pm

Eileen, sorry you're still dealing with CPS.

Kim, have fun today!

Elise, Good luck today. I have my appt next month and not looking forward to the scale. After Aubrey was born her stay in the hospital really helped me drop the lbs and about 10 extra. I was so excited, thought it would get me kickstarted but the extra 10 are back already.

Shannon, sounds like you & DH are taking full advantage of your time together. ENJOY!

Michelle, glad to hear everything went as usual for DH.

Hello to everyone...hope u'r having a good day.

AFM:Aubrey fell asleep while I was feeding her cereal last night at 8 so at 10 I changed her and fed her about 3oz and she slept til 5am. I was so happy for her. I just wish I could get comfortable enough to start taking advantage of these nights.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:05 pm

Eileen - Everytime by DH has the nerve to ask me "so, what have you done today" I say "I picked my nose all day, what do ya' think??" He doesn't ask me that very often...LOL!

Shannon - Sounds like you are having a really good few days! To bed at 8:22pm according to the time on your post.....hum....wonder what you could have been doing.... LMAO!

Joy - Jeremiah getting teeth.....so hard to believe our LO's are old enough to cut teeth! Brenden is biting everything like crazy too! I think he is gonna get his top left big tooth first...it's right there. Dawson had that same tooth by itself for about a month! He looked so weird! LOL

Kim- It sounds like you are gonna have a fabulous day!!!! I hope you enjoy yourself!

Elise - Hey atleast you get to sit in the waiting area ALONE! You might actually have time to read a magazine or something! I had to take Brenden with me yesterday. There the patients were...sitting and reading....there I was....playing with a loud and noisy baby!

Diana - I am so glad Aubrey got some really good sleep! I know it's hard for us to relax and sleep when they are sick. Dawson is 9 and I'll still crawl into bed with him or sleep on the couch just so I can hear him if he needs me. I've never slept good while he was sick. Brenden will probably be a holy terror when he's sick so no one will have to worry about sleeping thru his needs!

AFM - I don't know if I've told ya'll this but I am a total American Idol junkie! During season 6 I flew across the country TWICE to see Chris Richardson. Once for his homecoming when he was voted off at #5 and the other when the tour went to his hometown. I'm obviously never going to be able to follow tour buses and spend 5 days with my friends running around and having a great time...well...until Brenden is older but then I'll be 45 and it won't be too much fun. Anyway, I'm really into this season. There is a lot of good talent! I should have went to bed when everyone else did but I stayed up and am now paying the price! Brenden slept from 7:30 until 2am, DH took that feeding. I thought it was all good....well...he was up at 4 wanting a bottle, no big deal, but then up again at 5 and 6 then at 6:30 for the day. If I hadn't tried to sleep that last 30 minutes! I should have just stayed up at 6! Anyway, he felt warm earlier and his morning nap that is usually 30 minutes has been nearly 2 hours. I hope he is not catching a bug! I'm cleaning and hanging out at home today. I hope ya'll have a good Wednesday!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:22 pm

Michelle, I'm just a reality junkie...not to the extent of flying around the country, lol. Why did they put so many good guys in the same group of 12. I just love Danny & Anoop, not to make light of Brent who is a living DOLL and the roughneck sings well too, even though his song didn't hold a candle to Chris Richardson. Unfortunately for most of them, they didn't do very well. Hopefully this is the END of Tatiana. Is that girl annoying?!?!?!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:01 pm

I have an American Idol confession-Don't shoot me for my weird taste ok? I only like it when they are showing the first few episodes where everyone sucks...I don't watch it when they are good...why? I couldn't tell ya...Guess I'm just weird...My MIL just called and is on her way here with the kids...I'm actually kind of bummed/excited.I'm happy to have my boys back but I will miss the quiet...Guess I'm in a funky mood...If I didn't have this Mirena in I'd wonder if I was preggo because of my crazy all over the place hormones...Sigh...And now DH wants to work late today just like he always does and I made chili in the crockpot assuming he was coming home early because he said he would...Better go finish cleaning....sigh...
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:03 pm

Diana - I'm not sure why they divided up the groups like they did this year! Danny is awesome in every sense and Ricky's voice just blew me away! I had no idea he even existed until last night! The first time I heard Anoop sing I think my jaw hit the floor....where does that voice come from??? I was so disappointed when Brent started singing I Don't Wanna Be....I knew I wasn't going to like it! I do like him though....but you're right...Chris' version was far better! Yes, I am a lunatic! The first time I flew to Virginia was a last minute $1k plane ticket (I booked 4 hours before the flight) that really pissed DH off. The second time was completey planned and there were over 100 of us Richness fans there for Chris so I was one of many that flew out to support him. Not only did he make sure we had back stage passes but he really spent time with all of us signing autographs, taking pics....LOL...he was even taking pics of us! I hung out mostly with a group of 4 and Chris' parents were in the row behind us during the first concert and we were in the row behind them during the second one. They were so proud of their son and thankful we were all there to show support for him. Anyway, he is paying for his album himself and he's had a tough time of it. If it doesn't happen this year I'm afraid it won't happen for him. Which is sad because he is full of talent and he is also a very nice and genuine person. Well, I think this year Danny could take it. He's got a heartbreaking story and a killer voice. Hopefully he knows how to pick the songs!!

Shannon- DH doesn't watch American Idol since my Virginia stunt but when he did he also liked the screw ups! It's 80 degrees here today....too hot for chili but it sure does sound good! ;-)

Just some eye candy:
Chris Rich
February Valentines! - Page 9 CarPIC
American Idol Concert 2007 - Houston (yip, I was that close....)
February Valentines! - Page 9 CHRISwayhot
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:22 pm

Michelle, that pic is so funny b/c it's that other big hair dude playing guitar for him, isn't it? Sounds like you had a blast. I have to say, $1k for a ticket, I'm nowhere near that...I don't even vote, I just like to watch. I tivo all reality b/c DH is NOT a fan of most.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:44 pm

The dude playing the guitar is Chris Sly.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:21 pm

Hi Ladies,

I have been so busy at work today I havent had a chance to post.

MichelleL- I was a big AI fan up until 2 seasons ago and I bailed. I just couldnt get into it anymore. My DH was so happy. He hates that show. That is so funny that you just up and went for 1K. Wow my DH would kill me.

Oh and see I cant just not clean the grill if I use it. I am weird that way. My DH calls me a germ-a-phobe. I am the fastest lysol spraying , clorox wiping, constant hand washing maniacle cleaning thing around. This is why we cant grill! LOL! Clutter I am not the best about. In fact you will probably be able right now to find at least 5 pairs of my shoes between the kitchen and my bedroom. I just cant handle the thoughts that go threw my head if I dont really clean the grill after I use it. I know, I need help.

Not much new today. Nate slept through the night again (yippie). Here is hoping we make it 3 nights in a row. I cant believe how rested I feel. Its almost like before he was born. Well I guess I should get back to work. I will try and check in later.

Kim - I hope you had fun today! I am jealous!

Take Care,
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:00 pm

well DH and i had an awesome Post Valentine's Day, Valentine's Day(also had a good V day itself since my sis took joey that night) lol. we went to see "he's just not than into you" and it was fantastic (of course DH didn't really like it). Then we went and had Dinner at Rafain(yummy brazilian grill also, very fancy), where I drank a good deal of wine and got tipsy. We picked up joey, went home, DTD, and went to bed. Then tuesday(DH's day off), we finally got our tax refund! So we got DH new glasses(believe me, he needed them), went to the store and got groceries, got me a new haircut(AND color!) then stopped by lane bryant for a couple shirts and a vest(yay! i have been wanting one SOOOO bad since they came back in style!), and then went to old navy for DH(mom gave him a $50 gift card) for some new work pants, jeans, and a nice shirt for interviews and special occasions. Then went home and watched Heroes(OnDemand) with my mom and one of my favorite episodes of Buffy The Vampire Slayer(season 2's Halloween episode). well today i've been chilling with joey and DH came home and i am going to make some bagged garlic shrimp(i'm soooo lazy). Well, off to cook dinner and fold some laundry. later girls!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:17 pm

MIchelle-I am into American Idol too. But rarely do I get to sit and watch the whole episode at any given time. Normally it is baby duty Kid duty or Kitchen duty that calls around that time...but normally I catch the important stuff...

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:18 pm

Hey Ladies,
Sorry I haven't been on all week. I've read all the posts, and there's no way to catch up on them all. Maddie had her 4 month appt. last Friday and after that it was a few days of crankiness and lack of sleep. I don't know if she caught something after the shots or what. The night of the shots she woke up with a 102.1 fever. so dh and I were freaking out! The next day she still felt a little warm and was cranky. Then she got really snorty and was just cranky! Today is the first day she was like herself. Hopefully she'll stay this way for the rest of my Feb. vacation week. We had a really good day! Tomorrow it's off to see some friends and then hitting the mall. I don't want to be out too long in case she isn't feeling totally well yet. Hope all is well with you all, I'll be on more next week!
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:12 am

Kristen- Poor Maddie!!! Landree took a little longer to bounce back after these shots too.

I used to watch AI all the time...but after Chris Daughtry got voted off, and I did vote, I stopped watching.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:56 am

Just stopping by quickly to say that Brenden slept until 5am!!!!!!!!! He also went right back to sleep and it's nearly 7am and he's still out cold. I would have gotten a fabulous night's sleep if DH and I hadn't gotten into an argument and the dog came up stairs and woke me at 10pm and 11pm...that little heffer. I went to bed right after Idol.....what is up with me missing out on these full night sleep opportunities???????????????? I've got to go make Dawson's omelet....I'll be back later.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:28 am

MichelleL - SO JEALOUS!!! Last night was the Pinewood Derby, so it was a very late night for the kids. Logan went to bed about an hour later than usual, but was up at 12:40ish, and of course, I fell asleep with him so when I tried to put him back in at 2:30, he was having nothing to do with it. I ended up just sleeping in the rocking chair with him because DH had to get up at 5am to get to the airport to catch his flight, and that way everyone got some bit of sleep! I think tonight, since DH isn't home anyway, I might go to bed once all the kiddos are in bed -- at least then maybe I'll end up with a decent night's sleep!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:46 am

Good Morning Ladies!

Michelle - That is WONDERFUL! I love it when they sleep so good. It sure is a bright start to the day.

Kristend - Sorry Maddie hasnt been feeling well. I hope that now that she is feeling better she stays that way.

Bekah - I am glad you had a great VD / Post VD day.

AFM - Well last night Nate slept until 4 AM and then woke up screaming his head off. I mean SCREAMING. I dont know why he was so upset. We changed his diaper and got him a bottle and everything was good again and he was back asleep by 4:30. I was talking to DH this morning and I mentioned Nate got up around 4. He said "i know I heard" We were pretty sure the whole neighborhood heard.
Well tonight DH has a big dinner interview with the Holland people. They just happen to be in town so they can have the interview without DH having to go to Holland. Nice! I am keeping my fingers crossed. So I will be on my own this evening. I will be busy with the baby and getting ready for our crazy night tomorrow. Tomorrow will be our first whole night away from home. My mom is going to watch Nate and spend the night at my house. We have a birthday party to go to in Ft Worth. That is over an hour away and it starts at 8PM so it will be pretty late and a far drive for us to come home the same night so we are staying at friends and will come home on Saturday. I am excited and nervous at the same time. It will be a BBQ so I have to go get some sausages and some chicken for the grill. I am going to marinate the chicken I just have to decide what kind of marinade to use.
Luckilly someone else is in charge of grilling and the grill. This way I dont have to know about it and I can be ignorantly happy.
I guess that is about it for now.
Take Care Ladies!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:39 pm

Amy - yea, my DH wasn't too happy with me spending that kind of money on a plane ticket. Honestly, I think I was going thru and almost mid-life crisis! When they wake up screaming like that it is almost scarey!! Brenden and Dawson both have scared the crap out of me at one time or another! Hope everything goes well with your DH's meeting!

Kim- I hear ya' about being upset when Daughtry got voted off. That was such a freakin' sham. All well....he's done better without AI then he would have with them IMO.

Elise - I hope you get some really good sleep tonight!

AFM - nothing going on except I start my catering gig monday. This first week will be a killer....we'll be delivering every day (M-F) for 30 guests each day. Not how I wanted to start off but that's okay....we'll just be BUSY! Anyway, Brenden just woke from his nap! Have a great rest of Thursday ladies!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:08 pm

MichelleL- So are you making like 3 meals and snacks for these folks? Or are you doing like just a lunch service or breakfast? That is a lot of people. That is great that you are so busy off the bat. Even though it will keep you on your toes!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next