Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April Showers

+9
rocknrollmommy616
mnelson80
MichelleL
Kristen
eileen bauer
ladydy
PolloLoco75
Kim
mythreesons
13 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

April Showers - Page 5 Empty Re: April Showers

Post by MichelleL Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:51 pm

So after that appointment Monday I really didn't think things could get any worse.....I got a letter in the mail today that my Endocrinologist is moving to Denver. She is the one that manages my PCOS.....and I was hoping she could guide me thru the problems I am having now... but she is leaving May 8th. The only other Endo in the practice is a male and I am never talking to a male about any of this again. I am so upset....I actually puked after reading the letter. How can she leave? What am I suppose to do? She is the ONLY doctor (and I have gone to many) that has actually been treating my PCOS and listens to me when I tell her how bad/good I feel. She doesn't lump me into any catagory....

Last edited by MichelleL on Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:19 pm

Oh Michelle - that's horrible! Sad {{HUGS}} Call and ask her for a referral - she might know of somehow who thinks the same as she does or at least someone competent!

Shannon - thanks for the offer! if you were closer, I'd take you up on it!

AFM: My throat still hurts, my head hurts and everytime I cough, I pee a bit - sorry if TMI. GREAT! (NOT!) and Rayna has these acne-looking bumps on her face. I'm thinking it's just a cold rash or maybe a slight case of Hand/Foot/Mouth since she's not the best at washing her hands after using the bathroom. But, I will most likely be calling the dr in the morning just to be sure! They are only on her face and not blister-like, just pimple-like. They seemed a lot worse when DH got home, but we gave her a bath and it looked better after her face had been washed. So, hopefully it will only be a break-out from the cold she has been fighting this week. So now I feel like an even worse mother, because I haven't even been paying attention to my kids this week to notice her face! With my luck, it will be something other than it, and then I'll feel even worse because she's been all over Logan!

Thank goodness Passover is over, so DH brought home Pizza - the kids were never so happy to see pizza in their life! Now I just to refind my house, get all that stuff put away and then at some point this weekend go buy some real food! And I haven't even started on the laundry -- I have to get to it, though...Logan is running out of clothes! Thankfully it's supposed to be 70 tomorrow, so he can wear the short sleeve onesies I have without a problem.

Ok - rant done once again - I don't what I would do without having you guys to vent to! My DH is great and all, but after a while I know he tunes me out and/or intentionally stops answering the phone so he doesn't have to listen to me anymore! Smile Have a good night ladies! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:16 am

Shannon- I am the same way I kick the kiddos outside weather permitting anytime I can!

Elise- hope you are feeling better!

Bekah- I love the quizzes you have been taking on facebook…lol

Amy- I love starbucks pumpkin spice they only have it in the fall but it is heaven sent! I loved the toothy pic of nate! Yuck for AF I haven’t had AF (knock on wood) since I got my mirena. Anyone else not have AF due to mirena?

MichelleL- you need to complain that doctor wasn’t interested in listening to you at all obviously, so sorry about your doctor leaving…is there someone else maybe a little farther out you could go to?

Jessica- chloe is so cute

Diana- so glad to hear that the genetic testing came out okay!

AFM I am doing good with my CPAP machine and I am noticing a difference not drastic but gently there so yeah! Hope everyone has a gresat day I am off to bed!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:23 am

Good Morning and TGIF Ladies!

Jessica - Its so good to see you back again! Ms Chloe sure does have some pretty eyes! I love your siggy pic. She is just too cute! It is so cool that she is saying Mamma and Dada. We are trying so hard to get Nate to talk he just wants to babble on his own. He will say Hi every now and then if you say it first. Every time we start going "Say Ma Ma, Say Ma Ma" he just laughs at us and babbles away.

Shannon - Yeah for healthy kiddos! Its about time you get a break from the sickies! It is so great that you got to make parent firends. I so want some. I am working on becoming couple friends with some of the parents at daycare but we all have such different schedules that it is hard coordinating pick ups so that you can talk with them.

MichelleL- I am sorry to hear about your Endo. That SO SUCKS! Big Hugs girl! Hopefully she can refer you to another female endo that she likes. She has to know another one right? I hope you get to go to the Crawfish Festival and have some fun this weekend. I have to say, I am jealous!

Diana - YEAH! Aubrey's tests came back Negative! YEAH! That is such Awesome news!

Elise - Sorry that you are having computer problems. Trust me I know what a pain that can be. I hope you are feeling better today. Maybe you and the kiddos can get out some this weekend. Try not to beat yourself up. We all get sick now and again.

Joy - I hope you and yours are doing well.

Kim - I hope you and Dh and the girls are good! How does McKinna like her room?

AFM - Sorry I didnt post yesterday. I was just SO busy here at work. We had the team buiding thing on Wednesday which threw off the rest of the week for me because that was 3 hours of time I wasnt getting my job done.
Well Nate is still teething like crazy. Poor little guy I feel so bad for him. He woke up at 2:30 AM just a fussin and a cryin. I picked him up and he just snuggled into me and was just like Mommy why does this hurt? So we rocked for a few minutes and he was back asleep. I will be happy when these teeth are finally all in.
We have a big weekend ahead of us. Tomorrow we are having lunch with my Step-Mom (Nana) and my Sister. We havent seen them since Christmas. We were supposed to see them a little while ago but then Nate got bronchitis and they smoke so I wasnt going to take him to the smoker's house when he had a respatory infection. We are going to meet them out for lunch that way we are in a clean air environment. Then on Sunday we have his 6 month photos. I have a photographer that is meeting us at a park and we are going to have pictures taken outside. The only thing is I wanted some bare feet and shorts etc except the high is only going to be like 71 and the shoot is at 9 AM so it will be like in the 50s./ 60s. I hope it wont be too cold. Otherwise his sping pics will be in long sleeves and a jacket.
Well Nate was healthy for about... 4 days. He isnt totally sick but he does have a runny nose and a cough and congestion. His eye was also a goopy mess this morning. Hopefully this is just allergies and it will pass soon. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I guess that is about it for now. I should get going and get to work. Have a great weekend ladies if I dont get to get back on here.

Take Care,

Last edited by PolloLoco75 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:39 am

off to the dr i go this morning! i've had it with this sore throat!! i'll post later today all the good details. luckily, my mom can come over to stay with the kiddos! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:52 am

I had a wicked headache and was just generally tired yesterday so I read but didn't post sorry ladies!

Today is our Anniversary...we have been married for 4 years. The card DH got me was hilarious, it listed all these things we could do to celebrate but ended with us being to tired to stay awake for anything. We aren't doing anything special today. Sunday we are going to Cape Cod to a place calleed cuddles and bubbles for the night. The rooms all have large jacuzzi's in them, we got a gift certificate for there two christmas's ago but I was preggo last year so the hot tub was a no no...the stay also includes an elegant dinner. We were going to order champagne and chocolate covered strawberries but it was like $50 more, so we will bring our own in our luggage...LOL
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by nursejessicadavis Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:07 am

Morning ladies!!! I missed a day yesterday so time for catch ups!

Joy- Trust me I know that baby looks just like him, he rubs it in at every chance. Very Happy Lol she just has my eye color otherwise she is all him. I said you cant ever deny that baby!

Eileen- Thanks. Your little Daniel is pretty adorable there also! Along with your other two kids! I’m glad the cpap is helping ya!!!

Amy- Thanks. I guess Chloe is just like her mommy and likes to run her mouth. Lol My son talked this early and I can’t get him to hush now…so be happy Nate isn’t talking yet! Lol Everytime I am trying to do something all I hear is momma momma momma momma then she lets out some war cry scream and shakes her fist at me if I don’t come running. Hope you have a great weekend and the pics come out great.

Elise- I hope the doctor can help out today and you get to feeling better.

AFM- I thought we were going to make it through one day with DS not having a temp, no I was wrong. I got a call yesterday morning from school that he had a temp and was throwing up. So I drag my child back to the doctor and he’s feeling horrible. They put us in a room at 12pm and by 130pm I hadn’t seen anyone. Austin is crying and wanting to go home. I go out of the room and there is no one there. I finally find some lady cleaning and she said they all went to lunch and wont be back until after 2. I was so freaking pissed off I couldn’t see straight. I mean we weren’t the only ones there, there were other patients in rooms. I couldn’t believe they could be so unprofessional. So we left. Today is his last day of Antibiotics. I gave him Tylenol and Zyrtec so hopefully he will make it through the day or at least 11am so he is counted present. This isn’t the only time I have had a problem with these doctors, so I am going to be changing them that’s for sure. I figured that if he gets the fever back I will take him to a walk in clinic this weekend. So nerve wracking!!!
To top it all off, I am still worried about there being twins in there and I thought they only ran on my dad's side, until my mom says yesterday that my great aunt had two sets of twins....I just looked at her....I said you have got to be kidding me....I had another dream the other night it was twins... I think my subconscious is just messing with me hard!!!
nursejessicadavis
nursejessicadavis

http://www.myspace.com/fairybitch4life

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:05 pm

Back from the dr - no strep, just a red throat so she gave me amoxocillin to take 3 times a day for 10 days...just took the first one...yippee!!!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:33 pm

Elise-Woohoo for drugs...lol seriously though I hope you feel better soon.You've had that sore throat WAY too long!!! Feel better and I hope you can get some rest!

Jessica- Have you had an u/s at all yet to see if you are having twins?Hey how long has your DS ran that fever? It reminds me of when ODS had viral meningitis and gave it to Lucas...Not to worry you(especially since there's nothing they can treat with)...

Kim- Happy Anniversary!!! I hope you guys have fun on Sunday!!

Amy- Poor Nate with the sniffles...I hope the little guy gets better soon. But at least he will build up an amazing immune system!

AFM:AARRGGHHH!!! I'm so fed up with Scouts!!! The Den Leader is the most un-organized woman I've ever met!!! We are supposed to have a rummage sale tomorrow from 11-6.So I called her Wednesday to see who's going and how the whole thing was going to work. She has no clue who was going and then told me I have to handle the money...Um no I told her I wasn't going to be able to stay all day.I don't mind going to events but it's not my job to plan everything and do everything.Today we're supposed to go put out flyers and I seriously just don't want to.I really want to quit but feel bad for her.The kids dont really want to go either...
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:05 pm

Kim - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! sunny I hope you guys have a great time on your little get away.

Jessica - That is INSAINE! I would have pitched a fit like no one has ever seen if my doctor's office did that to me. I am not a person who throws a fit but it is inexcuseable to treat people like that IMO. Good for you for going to get a new doc. No reason to keep giving them money!

Elise - I am glad you dont have strep and they were able to give you something that will hopefully help you. Feel better soon!

Shannon - That sucks. Is there a way to impeach the den leader? Very Happy Hopefully you make it through this thing without pulling too much of your hair out!

AFM: Just taking a lunch break. It is POURING down rain here and I didnt want to get out in it for lunch. I just picked up a sandwich at the cafe in the building and am eating it at my desk. Only 4 more hours to go! I am ready for the weekend!

Oh and I want to be facebook friends with everyone! I didnt see where the facebook pages were so those of you with FB please add me as a friend!

Amy Hinton would be the name to search for. The pic of Nate in my siggy is the pic on FB.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:10 pm

Amy- I sent you a friends request...I know Joy and Elise are on there too
If there is anyone else who has a facebook (I closed my myspace account) I can be found under Kimberly Pierce Anderson
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:25 pm

Oh I'm on there too... Under Shannon Gannoe
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:05 pm

Kim I have facebook also Eileen Bauer

Elise YEAH for not having strep!!!

Ug so daniel is sick just fever and sore throat nothing big but ya know how it is with sick baby.

I am going through hell trying to buy a crib!...lol I have had daniel in a pack and play in my room and now want to move him to his own room so I need to buy a crib. I finally fouind one for $50 on criags list btu am having to jump through hoops to get it. but i will pick it up after work tomorrow morning. gotta go daniel is crying he jsut wants to be held poor guy!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:30 pm

Amy & Shannon - I just added you as a friend on Facebook

AFM: i've taken 2 doses of the amox so far, so by mid-day tomorrow i should be feeling tons better! i probably should have gone to the dr earlier in the week, but i thought it was getting better! but i'm glad i did go today. now i just hope i made the right decision for rayna by not taking her in - i called the drs office and they said i could give her benadryl and what the dosage was, so we did that tonight and we'll just keep an eye on her - hopefully that will help!

i'm so tired - i was able to take a nap of sorts this afternoon - it involved a sleeping Logan on me and the other 2 running around the room watching tv and climbing all over me and each other, but at least my eyes were closed.....then we went to my parents for dinner so i had time to kinda veg there too - i'm going to try (key word) to get to bed early tonight, but it all depends on the kids (as usual)! hope everyone has a great night/weekend!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by nursejessicadavis Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:38 pm

Good Evening ladies.

Shannon- No I haven’t had an ultrasound at all this pregnancy…I am just overly paranoid. My mind and my dreams are just messing with me and worrying the fire out of me!!! I am quite mad about not having any ultrasounds. By this point with Chloe I had two- One at 5 ½ weeks-a little sac, then at 11-12 weeks when they couldn’t find the heart beat with a Doppler. But this time they found the heartbeat right away, so no u/s!!!! Sad As for the meningitis, the only thing he has had symptoms wise that is similar is the fever and headache. He has a runny nose and its running down the back of his throat which is making him sick on his stomach. No stiff neck or rash or anything like that. As of today we are fever free for now….hopefully it will last through the night and tomorrow. I couldn’t imagine having to put him through a lumbar puncture, I have assisted in so many of those on grown people I couldn’t imagine doing it to a kid. He said he feels great today…so hopefully its gone!!! *crossing fingers*
Dang I’m sorry you are having issues with the scouts. I thought people who chose to do that were supposed to be organized and kinda know what they are doing…strange.

Amy- I was so pissed off if I could have found someone I would have killed them. They are not getting any more business out of me. I hate the doctor we were supposed to see, but he was the only one available. When DS was a baby he had a bad ear infection and he put him on penicillin well come to find out he’s allergic to it, and I took him to that doctor 3 times with him throwing up and he had not ate anything in days, and he kept prescribing more penicillin. I finally took him to the hospital and they said “oh these are signs of an allergy.” This is before I actually acquired medical knowledge and I was all of 17. So I figured the doctor was supposed to know what he was doing…guess not! So I have refused to let Austin see him every since. He stayed so sick when he went to daycare. I am so happy I don’t have to put Chloe in daycare. I told my hubby when I go back to work I will gladly work the night shift b/c we are not putting these kids in daycare. Austin suffered so much with infections, pink eye, every cold imaginable, other kids bit him so much that he got a bacterial infection….just not good at all!!!! Ok I’m done with my flashback there!! Lol Hope you have a great weekend and work wasn‘t too bad today.

AFM- nothing exciting today. Like I said earlier up DS is feeling great today and actually had an appetite when he got home and wasn’t sucking snot!!!! Just a little coughing. Chloe has been clingy today and wanting loving all day. So that’s been my life today, entertaining her!!! Lol Anything you can sing to her and put her name in it she’s good to go. We are thinking of going up to this state park called Hanging Rock tomorrow and doing a little cook out and enjoy the waterfall. A cheap outing! Lol. Hope all of yall have a great weekend!
nursejessicadavis
nursejessicadavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:05 am

Kim- Happy Anniversary!!! Yay for a night out at cuddles n bubbles it is so crazy how places charge up the rear end for something so simple as strawberries and champagne geez that a good idea to stuff in the luggage though totally something I would do too(if I drank it) to avoid spending money on it...hehehe

Jessica- Oh my goodness I would ve been fuming mad..how ignorant of them and to know it was not just a check up the poor kid was sick and not feeling good...I mean even if he was well too still that is not right at all like you don't have better things to do than sit in a exam room for hours... Is it a private practice office? Or an extension office of a hospital? If there is someone to complain to you should file a grievance complaint against them.. I mean it could ve been somewhat understood if like they had alot of people to see and alot going on but to go to lunch and just leave you there without even a warning...grrrr About the lack of an US that is strange the would not give you one just to kinda confirm a relevant due date instead of just going on your LMP dates..normally early in pregnancy(at least in my case with all three kids) they did an US early on to kinda get a ballpark range due date...Hopefully there is only one lil muffin in there though and not two or even three...heheh... because by the sounds of it you are overly busy now entertaining Ms Chloe...lol..you would never know by her pics though that she was a lil rebel at time...guess thats how they coined the phrase "Looks can be deceiving" LOL

Elise- Yay for meds!!!!!I hope it starts kickin some serious sore throat so you can get back to feelin better soon

Shannon- Don't you hate that!! when someone just automatically expects you to do something(fully knowing that you didn't want to) and it is so close to having to be done that you end up doing it just for the sole purpose you don't wanna let others (it may affect) down.. that is the worst spot to be put in... Hopefully all goes well..

AFM- Not a whole lot new going on her...just that Jeremiah's middle top right tooth will prolly be thru the surface come tomorrow morning for sure..and he ended up saying baba today....on his own with no coaxing...I had him laying on the floor on a blanket with some toys and he was just laying there holding his foot swinging it around and said baba like 4 or 5 times.... And since we had awesome weather today we all went to the park and Jeremiah had his first ride on a big kiddie swing...he just loved it...I so wish I would ve thought before we left the house to take my camera with us so I could have gotten a picture...Well I guess I should head to bed Jeremiah finally decided to clonk out...after 2 bottles back to back..my lil chunker...later ladies..it supposed to be nice out again tomorrow so not sure if I ll be able to check in again but if not I hope all you have an awesome weekend..

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:22 am

so we're off to the dr's this morning with rayna - she won't walk on her foot at all and i think she's also running a fever, but she won't let me take her temp. and of course, our dr isn't on call this weekend, so i have to take her to the on-call doc's office - but i'd rather do that then take her to the hospital and wait forever to be seen...at least going to the dr's first we know she'll be seen quickly. never a dull moment! my dad's coming over to take jeremy to practice, and hopefully they'll tell us everything is okay with rayna - but it so ruins our plans of getting stuff done!! grrrrrrrrr
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:13 am

Let us know how it goes Elise.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by nursejessicadavis Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:38 am

Howdy Ladies.

I figured I would try to get on and check my email and this site this morning before we left out.

Joy- It’s an extension of a hospital. When I call to get their records transferred I am going to ask where I can file a complaint with. I am going to do that on Monday. When we went out into the hallway there was only one other patient in there. All the doors were open and empty. I am so frustrated with them all around. Austin was feeling so bad that day and there is no reason to do that to a kid or anyone else. That’s just pure dang evilness. Ultrasound wise, I can’t believe they haven’t done one either. I am quite ill with that situation. When he asked when my LMP was I said well I have only had two since I gave birth so it was pretty easy to know. I got one on Nov 10 and Dec 10. So I was fully expecting one in Jan….hahaha got fooled on that one!! So maybe they haven’t done one since it’s pretty obvious when my last one was. I can’t wait until Wednesday. I opened up my email this morning and there was one of those weekly pregnancy updates and it reads:
“Are you feeling really tired? Feel like your eating for three, not two? Maybe the stork is bringing you twins! We've got great resources for you if you're planning for more than one baby.”
I just said this is really some kind of cruel joke right?? So not funny. I removed myself from that list today! Lol
Yay for the teeth pushing through. She has been teething so much and chewing on everything…I wish those buds would come on through. She may look all innocent but she is something else. She is so full of attitude. And I think she’s a “little” spoiled so that’s why she has to have my attention all the time. Like right now she is pushing into me with her walker and hollering momma momma momma then lets out a war cry. Lol. She is something else.

Well it’s a beautiful day…time to get outside and enjoy it!!! Have a great weekend all!
nursejessicadavis
nursejessicadavis

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:08 pm

Elise- So how's Rayna? Poor you and poor kiddos!!!

Jessica- We had a ped when my oldest 2 were little that I HATED!!! When DS#2 had been coughing for over a month to the point where he would throw up and couldn't take deep breaths I brought him to the doctor. They said yep he's got a cold.Call tomorrow if he isn't better.He'd been running consistently a fever of 101 to 103. Called back the next day they said bring him in.Mind you this was a learning hospital so we would get seen by a nurse, then the resident, then the geezers(not nice i know but one was seriously about 90 years old) then a resident again.We would spend a minimum of 4 hours there each time we went. They said yup a cold give him warm apple juice and ipecac syrup. IPECAC SYRUP?! They said yes helping him vomit will help him get the gunk from his lungs.... The next day was Thanksgiving and we missed dinner with my family because DS#2 was still in rough shape at around 4pm I had enough. I changed him and he was DRY!!! How many 14 month olds do you know with dry diapers ever? I'd last changed him that morning.We rushed him to ER and they did an x-ray and surprise surprise he had pneumonia. They gave him fluids through the night and we went hom around 5am...He would go on to get rid of it and get it back and get rid of it for the next 6 months or so...He had whooping cough as a baby and has asthma.It only luckily bothers him when he's sick, but he almost always ends up on antibiotics to get over colds. I can tell when he gets pneumonia just by the sound of his cough...He had it back in January....So after that long story, my point was that I'm with you girl!! Change docs!!!

AFM:I'm feeling crappy today...My head is congested and my chest feels yucky...But we went to an animal rescue expo at the NYS fairgrounds.They had the usual cats and dogs(Fell in love with a boston terrier!!!DH said no...)But they also had some incredible exotics!!!Interesting day all around...
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by nursejessicadavis Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:31 pm

Shannon- wow. I worked at a teachig hospital for a short time when I got pregnant with Chloe just to make extra money on the side. You never knew who the doctor was, then you had to learn what all the Year 1 Year 2 Year whatever docs did. You never actually seen the main doctor. Most of the time the med students were such idiots us nurses knew more than them. If you are in medical school, I shouldn't have to explain the diseases to you and tell you what drugs to prescribe. I had to just leave that job. I couldn't handle that craziness anymore.
I am sorry you had so much trouble that is just awful. My ds stayed sick alot as a baby. When he was 1month old and 4 months old his intestines twisted and he had to have surgery. He was in the hospital for a week each time. Then of course the infections from daycare and the ear infections. He had to have tubes put in for them, which was heaven sent. He has an awful scar from the belly surgeries. The first time it happened I took him to the local crap hospital up here b/c he was throwing up green stuff (later learned that was bile). He was so dehydrated they couldn't find a vein to put an IV in so they kept sticking him over and over again. I was about to kill them, then they sent some other dumba** in there who tried to stick a catheter in him and he was screaming so hard he was turning blue in the face. Evil or Very Mad I flipped out and they had to call security. I had one of the nurses up against the wall by the throat. I mean I was 17 this was my first baby and these people were hurting him over and over again and getting NOTHING accomplished. I transfered him to the bigger hospital about 45mins down the road shortly there after. They said if they had kept him up there messing with him even two hours longer and he couldn't have gotten into surgery he would have died. So I guess it's a good thing I did flip out and go insane.

Well our cook out was good...the wind was blowing a little too much but its ok. Getting ready to watch the race and enjoy a peaceful evening at home...Hope all of ya'lls weekends are going great! Very Happy
nursejessicadavis
nursejessicadavis

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:40 pm

Hey girls...you all have been busy. I hope I don't miss anyone.

Michelle, So sorry to hear about the dr. It can be so tough to find someone u'r comfy with. I'm with you on not having a man deal with my female problems. Good Luck!!!

Amy, sorry to hear Nate is feeling bad again. That lil boy needs a break!

Kim, Happy Anniversary. Hope you enjoy Sunday it sounds like a nice getaway.

Shannon, hope u'r feeling better soon....

Eileen, glad your cpap seems to be helping. I hope Daniel is feeling better soon.

Jessica, I would have been a raging biatch if they did that to me. Nothing irritates me more than having to wait forever at the dr. I realize they can get behind but how do u get an hour or more..and then to just leave...oh, I bet u were ready to hurt someone.

Elise, YAY for the meds. I hope Rayna is doing ok...please keep us informed.

Joy, I bet that was so cute on the swings. Isn't that the way it goes...never have the camera when u need it.

AFM: We had a beautiful day here yesterday so we did alot of running but first we had Aubrey's retry of 6month pictures....she did better but still didn't get any big smiles out of her. My SIL has a private photographer she's supposed to share the name of but I haven't heard back from her since Easter so I guess I did or said something to P her off, who knows but that's always her punishment when she's throwing a grown woman temper tantrum. I think she thinks we care that she doesn't talk to us but jokes on her.....
Today DH was out of town with a buddy looking at property so I packed up Aubrey and went to the Farmer's Market. I used her carrier and put her on front facing out and she really enjoyed it. I can see that's going to become a regular outing.
Yesterday was Aubrey's last day of the Cipro and today we went back on the preventative anitbiotic....keep your fingers crossed that she can stay infection free til she gets a bit bigger. You can tell she feels great and I just hate the thought of her feeling like crap again.
Also, she has her upper GI 8am Monday morning....I'm so glad we're getting that out of the way.

Ok...I know this was a long post....I hope all of you have a great rest of the weekend.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:01 pm

Hi everyone! Sorry - way too tired and drained for personals....so, we took Rayna to the on-call dr's office this morning who then sent us to CCMC (CT Children's Medical Center) for an x-ray and they also did blood work. We got there about 11:30ish and didn't leave until about 5:30pm!!!! The x-ray was neg and the blood work all came out okay. So, they have no idea why her foot hurts and why she had a fever today. They said to keep her foot elevated, ice it and just watch to make sure it doesn't get swollen. And then her reg pedi will probably want to see her on monday. the ER doc said that if it's a bone infection, it might not show up for 2 weeks. And if it gets worse, then we have to bring her back in so they can do a bone scan. And I actually was feeling better this morning! Go figure! Now, I'm just so tired and drained and 3x the amount of stuff that I need to do tomorrow since NOTHING got done today!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:40 am

Elise- Poor Rayna!ODS woke up one day and was literally in so much pain on his one leg that he couldn't even walk to the bathroom.I had to carry him everywhere.It was horrible!! We gave him motrin and tylenol round the clock and the next day he was running...Kids are sooo weird that way! I hope her foot feels better soon. Glad you're feeling better though.

Diana- I have one of the baby bjorn carriers and that thing was sent from heaven I swear!We got it when we had DS#2 because when we'd go shopping he had to be carried.He hated the stroller. It was exausting.I love it! Lucas loves it.We go everywhere in it.Even DH doesn't mind wearing the babies.I used it once too when I went to visit my BFF in Texas.I had DS#2 in it and ODS in an umbrella stroller and we ran through the airports that way.They let DS#2 stay in it on my for the entire flight too! Best thing ever!

Jessica- Yeah it is a good thing you reacted that way.I'm lucky now in the fact that the children's emergency room is next to the adult emergency room here and my mom is a nurse on the adult side so we know all the doctors and nurses.They are very good to my kids when we've gone. I know people need to learn but I will NEVER let my kids be part of a learning office again. I bet your DS will show off his bell scars like a battle wound when he gets older Laughing

AFM: UGH...I still feel crappy but it looks like I have caught my cold early enough to keep it out of my chest.Hopefully..When I get colds in my chest it never ends up well.My asthma complicates things alot like that.I'm going to go mow the lawn today before it gets too long(MichelleL want your yard done next?LOL) and just get out in the air today...Maybe that will help a bit. Hope everyone is having a decent weekend!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:10 am

Diana - Aren't SIL's funny? They really think we care....LOL! That's awesome that Aubrey likes to be in the carrier! I always wanted to use one! Dawson couldn't because of the feeding tube and Brenden is just too freakin' big...I think my back would break!

Elise - That is a really long time for a child to have to wait! Maybe she pulled something? Hopefully the fever was unrelated. Glad ya'll are home and more comfortable! Get some rest!

Jessica - I hope you got that peaceful evening! ;-) And that is horrible about sticking your son! They tried that with Dawson (poor kid was only 5lbs) and I went in and told them to stop...I wanted him to have a central line put in because they weren't sticking him anymore. Good for you for being so young and knowing that you were your son's voice and sticking up for him!

Shannon - I hope you get better soon! And yes, I need my yard done again! It's been raining all weekend so it's outgrown again! Can you be here tomorrow?? ;-)

AFM - This has been an interesting weekend. DH has company from Oklahoma. One of his best friends is here staying half the weekend with us and half with another friend. It's a complicated story but to make it short....he was transferred here in 2002 when we were. He and DH are co-workers turned friends. His family stayed behind in OK because his daughters were in college and they didn't want to have to pay out of state tuition. Anyway, he and one of the other oklahoma guys (who's family also stayed behind in OK during the transfers) became roommates and we were like their surrogant family...even though they are both in their mid-fifties. Well, one of them got fed up with the politics of the company's merging and moved back to OK. He now lives in Okalhoma City. He and his wife are seperated but he helps take care of her since she was diagnosed with cancer last year. Anyway, he helped my husband do the build out on my shop and every year he comes for the crawfish festival. This year has been weird because 1. I don't have the shop and 2. it's rained all weekend. We've just been kinda hanging out and cooking under the patio while visiting. This is the first time he has seen Brenden in person so they are getting to know eachother. Tonight after dinner we are going to ask him to be they boys' Godfather. We've just been busy all weekend. I'm in a "mood" because DH has been running around all weekend and I'm tired and cranky from not getting much of a break. Yesterday I left for about 3 hours and went shopping. Kohls was having a monster sale! :-))) I made a big Sunday breakfast and we are going to cook out some ribeyes this afternoon. THE RAIN IS FINALLY GONE! The festival is two weekends so hopefully we'll get to go next weekend! Sorry for all of the rambling. I guess I"m nervous about the Godfather thing. Hope ya'll have a great Sunday!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum