Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April Showers

+9
rocknrollmommy616
mnelson80
MichelleL
Kristen
eileen bauer
ladydy
PolloLoco75
Kim
mythreesons
13 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

April Showers - Page 8 Empty Re: April Showers

Post by Kristen Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:48 pm

Amy- Hope they fixed your ac by now and you won't all be so uncomfortable tonight!

Kim- Good luck with your appt. Thanks for the info. on the mums. Hope my walmart has them! I wish I could get to a jacuzzi!!

Jessica- That was a pretty rainbow! So is there one or two?

Maribel- Congrats on the new job- that will be a bit of a relief for you! Have a great trip!!

Diana- Thanks for the info. I'm def. going to pick some up for Maddie!

Shannon- I know what you mean- I start off with no plans and then boom, I'm swamped and stressed. Hope your schedule relaxes. I also wanted to say good for you for reading the report card and asking the teacher. I teach and I like when parents ask questions because I know that they are making themselves a part of their child's education. Consistency is best and if something is being worked on at home and school, your child will benefit from it!

Bekah- I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma! It's so hard when things like this happen. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!

Michelle- I'm so glad your appt. went well and that they are going to fix the problem!

Eileen- I can't remember if you said about the machine today or yesterday, but if it was yesterday, was it better last night for you?

Joy- I saw that pic. Ewww! That was so funny and even more funny you thought to capture it on film!
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:56 pm

Wow a whirlwind of posts.....

Mari- So glad you landed a more suitable job for your life at this time and point Yay for vacation getaway and I'm glad the babies are doing great. I still struggle with Jeremiah getting to bed at a decent hour...I am hoping it will soon level out for me with that issue..

Jessica-So whats the verdict.............1 or 2 babies in there a boy or a girl(or in the case if it is twins one of each?)

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:01 pm

Eileen-I guess the fact that I told her when I gave her my cell # and specifically mentioned that I don't give it out went in one ear and out the other, LOL...

Diana- Yeah its pretty amazing we found the time to conceive three kids right? Wink

Kim- Good luck tomorrow!

Jessica- Yeah so whats the word? One or two?Boy or girl? I feel like it's me waiting all over again to find out LOL...

AFM: I guess I feel like since I'm a sahm and the reason that I'm staying home is to be there for my kids then I should do as much for my kids as I can....My problem is saying no. I know its a simple word but I have a hard time with it.There's one mom on the PTO who has 4 kids(1 is autistic and another is ADHD) and her hubby is/was a legal resident and due to something back when he was a teenager, he got deported. So she's here working 2 jobs and raising 4 kids and she still is the vp of the pto.So what excuse do I have really?KWIM? I do love the school and the events are fun. I'm thinking I may have to say goodbye to scouts though. ODS told me again today that he doesn't want to go anymore.I don't want to let him be a quitter but I don't want to force him either.AND I don't know how to tell the den master that he doesn't want to continue.When it's done in June for the summer I think we just won't go back...But you mommas out there that are working and raising babies I give you a TON and a half of credit!!! It's TOUGH! YOU ALL ROCK!!! LOL yup I'm definetly in a weird and funky mood, could go either way....We shall see...
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:06 pm

Kristen- if you go to the Westerly one they were all out yesterday morning...but they get stock in on Tuesday's so they might have some more, I didn't have time to stick around or ask.

Jessica- hello...you can't tease us and not come back with an answer...maybe she passed out from the shock or their being two....or more!
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:22 pm

Wow! Its Post-a-polooza around here! I LOVE IT!

Elise - How did Rayna's Dr Appt go? What is the word?

Diana - I want to be out too. Its supposed to get up to 93 today. A little warm but it was nice at lunchtime.

Mari - Glad to see you back! That is GREAT that you found a part time job that will pay you what you were making FT! I wish I could do that! LOL! Then I think some of the mommy guilt would float away. I hope your DH finds work soon.

Shannon - I was wondering where you were. You were in the middle of a whirlling dervish as my grandmother used to say. I swear that is a lot going on. Maybe its a good thing DS wants out of scouts. Just get through the next month or so and be done with it. I am feeling for you girly!

Jessica - I hope you didnt pass out from shock and forget to post! We NEED TO KNOW! How many buns you got cookin in that oven?!

Kim - I am glad you are meeting tomorrow. I hope it goes well. I swear I LOVE therapy. It sure did help me.

On the Mum Mums - I couldnt find them around here so I ordered them off of Amazon. Just in case you ladies need them and cant find them.

AFM - Well the A/C guy is at the house with DH now getting everything fixed. Last I heard we were low on freon and the unit had frozen up. So they were waiting for it to thaw to find out what was going on. I cant wait for it to just be taken care of!
Thats about it. I thought I would take a chance and get caught up on the personals while I could remember everything! Very Happy
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by nursejessicadavis Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:39 pm

Afternoon ladies.

Well we had the ultrasound today. Thank goodness there is only one. Let’s re-enforce that. THANK GOD THERE IS ONLY ONE! Lol It was just the crazy hormones and my dh filling my head full of that crap. Also we are having another girl. I don’t really think my dh is too happy. He says he is, but you can tell he’s a little disappointed. He really wanted another boy. I mean I wanted a boy too, but I am happy with a healthy baby no matter what’s between their legs! My only thing is at my u/s with DD they were great. It lasted for an hour. I got multiple pics and a hour long video. This time it was really rushed. The doc that reads the u/s was not there so my OB did it that delivered DD. He couldn’t get all the measurements he wanted b/c he wouldn’t take the time and she wouldn’t cooperate. So, I get to go back in two weeks for another u/s. So maybe the good doc will be there. But he said everything looked great they just wanted some more measurements for the record that they couldn’t get her to sit still for. But there is no denying those girl parts that’s for sure. The three lines, the hamburger bun, whatever you wanna call it. It’s just so different this time around b/c everyone in the family wanted another boy and they all made sure they showed their disappointment. My DS was so upset he wouldn’t even speak to us. There is no reason for people to be like this. I told dh that when we get these two out of diapers that we will try again. I’m happy b/c I am thinking of the good parts besides the healthy baby part. Like they can share clothes, toys, a room, seems so much easier b/c I don’t have to buy new boy clothes. Lol.

So we only got three pics that were half way decent. They better do better in two weeks!!!!
Girl Shot: https://2img.net/h/i40.photobucket.com/albums/e220/jesscena/girl.jpg
Girl Shot: https://2img.net/h/i40.photobucket.com/albums/e220/jesscena/girl2.jpg
4d Face Shot: https://2img.net/h/i40.photobucket.com/albums/e220/jesscena/us3.jpg

So sorry for the suspense. Thanks for listening to my crazy worries. Hope all of ya'll days are going good.
nursejessicadavis
nursejessicadavis

http://www.myspace.com/fairybitch4life

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:39 pm

WHEW been waitting all day for your post jessica...lol gladf to hear you had me wondering with all teh crazy stuff...lol good for you girl! so names awe presciouse names.
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:47 pm

Woohoo to one baby!!! Congrats!!!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:52 pm

Jessica! Yeah for one little precious girly bundle of joy! Also another positive note, Your 2 girls will be close in age and will probably end up great friends. Sharing all their boy troubles and getting into their own trouble together. Plus of course the clothes sharing until the younger one starts fighting you on it. Wink I dont know why people are so set on specific genders. This baby will be born and loved. That is what really matters! OH, and yeah for another ultrasound in 2 weeks. FUN FUN FUN! Hopefully they wont feel so rushed and you will get a little more time to expierence it.
Yes so names! What have you guys been thinking about if anything yet? Is it bad that I already have my future children's names picked out? Well, at least one boy name and one girl name.
SO EXCITING! CONGRATS!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:55 pm

Jessica- So glad it is just a singleton. Sorry to hear about the gender dissapointment. I am really looking forward to the sister thing with my girls...but I will admit, I wanted a boy at first...now I couldn't imagine it any other way.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:05 pm

hi - i haven't read anything, but i just wanted to let everyone know that Rayna was admitted to CCMC (the children's hospital) for IV anitbotics. She's having an MRI tomorrow so we should know what exactly is going on.
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by nursejessicadavis Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:30 pm

Eileen- Sorry it took me so long, we went to my mom’s who wanted to see the ultrasound video…well what few minutes were on it. We stayed over there most of the afternoon and then I came in and laid down. I feel really yucky, I don’t know if I am coming down with the flu or what….just not a happy feeling.
It was so funny, I was like, “ok there is only one head!!! One head!! Woohooo!” The tech just looked at me like I was crazy. Laughing

Shannon- Thanks for the congrats! Very Happy

Amy- That’s what I am hoping that they will be really close. I feel so bad for my DS because he had no one growing up. We just didn’t want more kids. I was going through nursing school, so we were just waiting. There was so much going on back then that he was all we could handle. So I think he’s really bitter that these two will grow up together. But he has a bunch of cousins he can go and play with, so he’s not totally alone. I have only boy names in my head. It almost hurts to say that. We were hoping so hard for a boy. I feel guilty that I was a little disappointed at first. Then it washed away as I realized there was a healthy baby rolling around in there. I hope she cooperates and the doctors are better in two weeks. I need better pictures!!! Lol. I love the name Sophia, but it seems everyone is named Sophia. Then my hubby wants to name her after me, and I told him I don’t have that ego trip that men have. I don’t need to have a junior. She can have her own name. so I guess I am going to have to start looking at girl names now. If it was a boy we were going for Jackson after my dad. My Dhs dad pumps it up in his head that he has to have another boy to carry on his name. He makes me roll my eyes Rolling Eyes at a lot of things he says. It’s not bad that you have names all ready picked out. It’s great that you are planning for more kids. Very Happy

Kim- thanks. I know I saw your room you made for your girls and that made me hope there was another girl in there. That just looks so great. I was the only child, I would have kidnapped me a sister back then. J/k lol. Suspect

Elise- I’m sorry Rayna has so much going on. Hopefully they can figure something out soon!!!

That’s all from this end. My plan is to go curl up in a ball on the couch and watch law & order….exciting huh?
nursejessicadavis
nursejessicadavis

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:34 pm

Elise-OMG poor Rayna!!!!! She will be in my thoughts and prayers!!! Have they given you any more of an idea of whats going on? If you need to talk any time feel free to call me, even if its 2am!{{HUGS}}

Amy- Yeah I never cared about gender as long as I had a healthy baby.DH REALLY wanted a little girl so I think I rooted for a boy just for that reason. We've got a name picked out for a girl but have a hard time agreeing on boys names Rolling Eyes We almost had a "Logan" too(my step brother named his little boy Logan)

Kim- Yup Im the same way.I cant imagine it any other way...My boys are the best of friends and the worst of enemies at any given minute.

QOTD:What stage foods are everyone's lo's on?Do you have a preferred brand?What else do you feed besides the jar foods or cereals?
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:52 pm

Elise - Oh my goodness! Your poor baby girl. Y'all will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated when you can. Why such a change all of a sudden? Remember we are always here!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:19 am

Jessica- I am glad you got a single bun in the oven like you were hoping for. Meh people can be so rude sometimes...they should be rejoicing that the baby is looking healthy and strong not throwing a pity party because its a girl...But congrats...the good thing is you won't have to ever really "pack" Chloe's clothes away because this lo will be able to wear them Smile

Shannon- right now Jeremiah is finishing up the rest of his stage 1(darn peas anyway he don't like them much) and then I also give him stage 2 I may try just for the heck of it one time soon a stage 3 because he seems like he could handle chewing it a bit since he does so well on his mum mums and also the toasts...He at first did not like the toasts but he now chews on them and gets little pieces off...

Elise- Oh man I will say a prayer for you and Rayna I hope they are able to come to the bottom of this soon..poor little girl...maybe the IV meds will take effect better to where she is not in so much pain but it stinks she had to be admitted...

AFM- not much new here...just popped on to see what new posts there was and esp to find out whether Jessica was having one or two..lol

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:27 am

Thanks for all the support - it means so much! Rayna is having the MRI as I type this, and then Alex will call to let me know. I just knew I couldn't be there for the sedation since I was the one who had to help hold her down yesterday for the IV. I can only do so much. I'll keep you as updated as I can.
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:37 am

Elise- I missed your post yesterday...sorry to hear that she was admitted. Are they still thinking it is some type of infection? Has her white blood cell count changed? What are they looking for in the MRI? I deffinitly hope you get some news today. Keep us updated and know that we are thinking of you guys.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:42 am

Elise, Rayna and all of you will be in my prayers. Last time Aubrey had blood drawn I made DH go in the room for the same reason. I had already watched her go thru enuf that day. Your heart can only take so much!

Kim, that sounds really interesting, I'm always fascinated by what the professionals can pull out of people.

Jessica, Congrats!!!! It will be great. Although the will probably fight alot over silly things, they will be the best of friends.
My niece just had her 3rd baby, well a year ago, and she had a girl after 2 boys. BUT, she didn't find out the sex b/c with her 2nd boy when she found out she was having another boy her and her DH were excited but everyone else was like 'oh, it's another boy, sorry'....and she always said 'sorry for what...we're excited'. So, the 3rd time around she didn't find out the sex and everyone was surprised when she had a girl.

Shannon, I bought a bunch of level 1 veggies and fruit so I'm trying to use them up b/c I think she needs level 2 and she's on meat which is level 2. I am giving her mum-mums and I am freezing bananas and putting them in the mesh feeder.

I hope everyone is having a great day!

AFM:Although I'm working from home today I have set some goals so I'm not killing myself next week.
I'm trying to figure out how I should take Aubrey on the walk Saturday. If I should put her in the front carrier or if I should push that giant stroller. i have a great walking trail provided by our county that my subdivision backs upto, maybe tonight I'll put her in the carrier and walk the 3 miles and see how we both handle it.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:13 pm

Hey Ladies!
Hope everyones having a nice day!

Elise- I'm keeping you and Rayna in my thoughts and prayers, hopefully she's in and out of the hospital and feeling better soon!

Amy- Hope all is set with your ac and Nate is having a good day!

Shannon- Maddie is on stage 2 foods. My dr. also said she can eat anything mushy. She's tried mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, and Stonyfield organic baby yogurt- she doesn't get the berries. He also said she could have egg yolk and cheerios, although I've been too nervous to try cheerios, so I'm going to try those mums ( I suddenly can't remember if that's what they're called) first.

Jessica- Yay for one!

Diana- I think it would be less to worry about in the carrier, but your back my hurt after a while. How is she in the stroller, does she like to sit in there for a while, or will you end up holding her and pushing the stroller? That's a tough one, I think your trial run will help you decide!

AFM- Well not much is new, I'm tired this week. At the end of my week off, dh and I painted the deck and it took ALL weekend. Plus we had an issue with his family going on about Maddie's christening and it took a lot out of me. Everything has been worked out and the deck is done, but I felt I needed a day or two after to recoop-instead I went right back into my classroom of 18 second graders! Maddie is not so cranky the last few days. Last night she choked on her bottle- must have gone through the wrong tube. Then I realized she was stuffy. Well then she woke up this morning stuffy and didn't really want to eat. I hope she's not getting sick again!!

Well- gotta go get the kids from P.E. Have a nice night!
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by nursejessicadavis Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:55 pm

Hi Ladies!

Shannon- My lo is on stage 2 foods. She mainly eats veggies and meats from beechnut and fruits from Gerber. She hates cereal unless it’s in her bottle. Which I’ve not done in a long time since she is eating so good. Last night she ate Sweet Potatoes & Chicken from Beechnut and Peach Cobbler dessert from Gerber. She drinks Pear Juice mixed with water in her sippy cup. Besides baby food she eats mashed potatoes before we add the salt and butter. Of course the mum mums. I also hold the dum dum suckers while she gets her a couple of licks. That’s her treat of the day! Lol

Joy- thanks for the congrats. I’m just ignoring everyone and trying to be happy with my healthy baby. I’m really happy about the clothes situation, that’s for sure. And once again thank goodness for only one! Lol I had a dream last night I was holding two little babies in my arms after a delivery. I am just wondering if it’s where these two are going to be so close in age that it’s going to be like having twins and my subconscious is just messing with my mind!

Diana- Thanks for the congrats. I had two people tell me that “I’m sorry” yesterday. I was like ok why? That is probably what irritated me more than anything. I wanted it to be a surprise, but my DH can not stand anything like that. As soon as the tech was like “Do you wanna know that sex?” He’s like “YES YES YES” So that idea really went out the door. But oh well I guess I can better prepare now. I was thinking of taking Chloe out for a walk tomorrow. The weather is beautiful for the next three days, in the 80s which is such a change!!! I have one of the umbrella strollers I thought I might put her in that so she could look around. But she has the separation anxiety thing now when I go out of the room she screams her head off, so maybe we will just do the big stroller.

Kristen- Wow! You are brave being a teacher. I always have respect for people that can do it! I just don’t have the patience at all. My ds tells me about stuff that goes on in his classroom and all I can do is feel sorry for that poor teacher! Lol

AFM- Nothing new here today. Chloe has been sooooooooooo fussy today. I really don’t know what her issue is. Then this whole issue of her screaming when I go out of the room is nerve wracking!!! I really don’t know why she has it, unless it’s because she always around me. I mean she sleeps in the same room as us because our room is huge and I didn’t like her being down the hall so I moved the crib into our room. Especially for ease when I was working and she was waking up at night. Plus she goes to sleep with us in the bed at night time then we move her to her crib. Also with the new lo, the changed my due date again yesterday and put me almost a week further along...I really don't think that's possible, but eh. So I am finally just telling people my due date is Sept. b/c I ahve 4 different due dates! So sometime in September! lol The weather is so beautiful today and through the weekend. Hopefully we can get some fishing done!
nursejessicadavis
nursejessicadavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari7779 Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:33 pm

QOTD:What stage foods are everyone's lo's on?Do you have a preferred brand?What else do you feed besides the jar foods or cereals?

My twins are on Stage 2. I go between Gerber and Earth's Best..I like to mix it up..eventhoughthey willbe 8 months tomorrow we are sticking to Stage 2. they do eat the little gerber stars finger foods.

HEre is their schedule..

8am-bottle
9am-cereal mixed w/fruits
noon-bottle
2pm-fruits/veggies mixed
4pm-bottle
5pm-cereal mixed w/meats/veggies
last bottle at 8pm down by 9pm
Night time is another story---not sttn Crying or Very sad
They probaly do 2 more bottles, 1am and 5am..sometimes...
Mari7779
Mari7779

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari7779 Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:33 pm

elise=rayna is in my prayers..hope its nothing serious...
Mari7779
Mari7779

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:41 pm

Mari- i am glad you asked that because I was going to ask the same thing. I almost feel like Landree is behind in the eating dept compared to some of these other kiddo's

7am- 8oz bottle
10:30am- fruit stage 2
11:30am 6oz bottle
3pm-8oz bottle
5:30pm- either a veggie or a stage 2 dinner
7pm- 8oz bottle
ocassionally we will put cereal in with the bottles, not often. And she often does not finish an entire jar of food. I prefer Gerber or Beech-Nut

I have not given her any type of table food, I am not sure why as I have a mesh feeder and we often have soft foods...maybe in my head table food equals toddler hood and I don't want my baby to not be a baby any more.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:06 pm

Not sure what is up with bekah but on face book she said something about needing a lot of help. if you think about it you might say a prayer not sure exactly what it is.

Elise- i am praying for you guys that this will all be over soon and rayna will eb back to normal!!!

AFM I have church group tonight and then work.
Mari I am actually concerned abotu daniekl and his eating he has half a steop 2 jar at lunch of fruit and a veggie adn meat at dinner but never makes ti thorugh half a jar he hates eating i swear it. he loves those little stars though but he can't grab them adn feed himself with them yet. daniel was one fo the last of our babies born on here so he is like the 2nd to teh youngest so you guys are usually pretty far a head of him but the guy just sint' intersted in eating he did eat a whole jar out of one fo those baby feeders that is a bottle you put baby food in but those aren't do great to use i heard. any ideas?
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:49 pm

Hi everyone! Rayna is still in the hospital, but seems to be responding to the anitbotics. The drs said that the MRI showed that the infection is not in her bone. They are taking it on a day-to-day basis. Hopefully, she'll improve enough that she can move to oral antibotics and come home tomorrow!! We shall see!

Ok - here's my answer for the QOTD....we do Stage 2 gerber and beechnut. Logan's normal eating schedule is:

between 6:30 and 7:30am (depends on weekday vs weekend) - cereal mixed with formula and fruit and then 2 to 4oz bottle
between 9 and 10 - 4oz bottle
somewhere between 12 and 1 - 1 stage 2 veggie and then a 4oz bottle
around 3pm - 4 oz bottle
between 5:30 and 6 - 1 stage 2 veggie and 1 stage 2 fruit sometimes 2 to 4 oz bottle, but usually not
around 7:15/7:30 - 4 oz bottle (this is bedtime)

if he wakes up in the middle of the night, i try to only give him water, but occassionally he does have another bottle.

question for those whose LOs have been on amoxocillin - has it made the poops really watery? Logan's poops were pretty solid before, and now they're almost back to pre-food poops.....his appetiate is also not fully back yet, but the dr said it could take up to 3 days for him to feel better. between that and the craziness of the last couple days, he's not eating normally.

Thanks again for all the support - knowing you guys are here for me makes a world of difference!!!!!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum