Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brag on your Baby!

+9
mnelson80
RobbieandLexisMommy
Chaycethedogs
jessijennings
tweetie462
mythreesons
rocknrollmommy616
eileen bauer
PolloLoco75
13 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Brag on your Baby! - Page 4 Empty Re: Brag on your Baby!

Post by ladydy Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:32 pm

Kristen, it is so funny b/c when she's on her jungle gym she'll try to reach for somethng but she's so caught up in watching her hands it's just luck if she actually grabs hold...or she'll watch her own hands in the mirror. Today she was looking kind of down her arm. I wonder how long it will be before she realizes that hand is actually attached to her body.

Shannon, that is so sweet...he's taking care of his lil brother.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:34 am

My brag is

Jeremiah finished off the other part of the tub of bananas tonight and he loved it and he is ticklish in his ribs and the back of his neck and lets out a partial laugh when tickled cannot wait for the full giggles to start up...Faith is still using the potty and has not been in diapers since last sunday other than to sleep in at night just because I have like 40 #5 leftover may as well use em but most nights she stays dry so I just reuse the diaper a second night. She is so proud of her big girl undies and goes to the potty whenever she has the urge to go and if we are out somewhere other than home she lets me know she has to go.. she has even managed to stay dry during 2-3 hour naps and during car rides... I am so happy!!!!

Diana- I so want a bumbo too. I was at walmart a few days ago and seen one on sale for like 38 buck I so wish we had the extra money to get one because I would. They had one out of the packaging for people to test out on their babies and so I put Jeremiah in it and he seemed to love it. The other DC seemed to get a kick out of him sittin in it also.... had I known they had something like that out there I could ve requested it for a Christmas present... darn it Sad

Shannon- My DD likes to sing to Jeremiah like that too when he cries she sings him the ABC'S also... ever since he was born she has done it.. Kids are the cutest.

Bekah- I just love the family picture it turned out very nicely despite the bit of chaos you went through earlier that day stressing out not knowing if you would make it there in time...looking at the pic you would ve never known you reamed hubby a new one before it was taken...lol

Also WTG Maddie for being ahead in your development!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay..

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:23 am

Joy, I am fortunate to have the twin nieces that are 11 months older than Aubrey...it's perfect b/c they are outgrowing things like that in time for her.
I do offer to buy the stuff rather than borrow it from SIL b/c I know she deals with a resale shop alot. So far fortunately she's just let me borrow.
Do you have any baby resale shops in your area? We have a couple of really good ones. We're hoping this new lead testing law doesn't close them down.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:10 pm

Joy-I love when they get the full blown giggles!!! Lucas got them for the first time 2 weeks ago and it was ODS that had him laughing.All he kept saying was "Yeah" and Lucas just let loose with the laughs that come all the way from the toes...I was lucky enough to tape it on my phone!

Diana- Yeah I read about that with the clothes...I wonder if it will stop the sales on e-bay as well???
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:32 pm

Shannon, I heard that it's going to affect all sources of resale. Our resale shop had a link to a form letter to send..if I can find it I'll post it.

Giggles...I can't wait for them!!!!

Joy, meant to say earlier...congrats with DS's potty training.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:29 pm

thanks joy! and thank you everyone for the sweet comments about our family photo. ^_^ It's the first pic I've seen(with me in it) in a long time that I really liked this much!

It's so funny, Joey can roll onto his back from his tummy with no problems, but we can't quite get the back to the tummy down. ^_^ it's funny
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:07 am

My latest brag is that for the past few days Jeremiah has been rolling onto his tummy alot..its cute because once he gets that way after a few minutes he starts crying and fussing so put him back on his back and he rolls over again repeating the process. Also he is enjoying yelling and squealing out all the time.. and he is always smiling...doesn't matter what you say to him he smiles. Such a happy baby I have...

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:04 pm

Joey grabbed his rattle today and actually shook it! Way to go Joe! ^_^ hooray!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:11 am

I have finally managed to squeeze out just a few giggles by tickling him in the neck and rib area although cannot get giggles too much though because alike with his momma he laughs to much he gets the hiccups whichs sometimes makes him spit up but sometimes I tickle him till he gets the hiccups..lol I love the giggles.

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:43 pm

Logan rolled from his tummy to his back! Smile Yeah!!! Smile

Joy - aren't the giggles great!?
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:48 pm

I'm so sad.. Dominic show ZERO interest in even attempting to roll over. I think Tatzeanna rolled over at like 5 weeks. He could care less.

He does giggle, smile, bat at toys and tug on everything though. He always wants to sit up and has gotten pretty strong from that, even tummy time is better. Just NO rolling. Sad
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:17 pm

We have FEET! Not only does Nate have hands he has FEET too! He found his feet a week or so ago and it has been so cute. I take his legs and tap his nose with his toes and he just laughs and laughs. He hasnt rolled over yet but he is starting to get the idea. He will roll over with a tiny bit of assistance but not by himself just yet. Oh and anytime he can grab you he does like when you are changing a diaper or putting him in a seat. He goes for your hands or your sweater etc. Oh and last night we were playing and had a big game of him grabbing the pacifier out of my hand and then giving it back to me. We did it over and over. So much fun!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:22 pm

michelle - yeah it's a pain when they don't do the stuff they say they're supposed to do. but you know what they say, every baby is an individual, and they go at their own pace. no one baby is alike in the time they learn certain abilities. Give it time hun, he will soon. Then you'll wish he hadn't. Joey's trying to roll out of his bouncy and his swing... he's basically trying to sit up! AGH! It's killing me cuz I'm so afraid he's going to fall out or something! good thing they have straps. I just hope he doesn't tump it over!

Amy - aww, it's cute when they discover their own little bodies! Joey is just now grabbing at his legs! He's still way fascinated with his feet, but now he's grabbing other stuff and trying to put it in his mouth. we're playing with soft toys right now, because we like to smash our faces with harder toys... that hand eye coordination is tough to learn! lol

As I mentioned, joey is now trying to roll out of his bouncy and swing. I think maybe he's trying to pull himself up tho. But before, he only rolled to his right, now he's rolling both ways! Maybe he'll catch some momentum on a roll to the right and roll right on over to his left and onto his tummy. that should be fun. Also, he's grabbing the hanging monkey and parrot in his bouncy. He used to just kick them, now he's grabbing! woohoo!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:38 pm

Amy- LOL He has feet but does he have ears?Lucas just found that he's got ears a few days ago!! They're great for twisting and turning and pulling on...Oh and just wait until he figures out he's got boy parts to yank on!!! HAHAHA!!!

Bekah- Luc was mashing his face with toys too! My friend got him this really cute but very hard plastic fishy rattle that he LOVES!!! But he smashes himself too hard with it so he's not allowed to play with it for awhile unsupervised.LOL...

Luc's new thing is sucking his paci then pulling it out with one hand and looking at it and talking to it!Then popping it back in his mouth.
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:07 pm

Shannon - I'll never forget when ODS found his! It used to bother DH so much!! I remember taking ODS to the dr for an appt and the dr asked if he had discovered himself and I told the dr about DH and the dr said to tell him that there's never been a case of a kid pulling it off. That made DH feel better! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:30 pm

Hahaha Elise!!!!!! ROFLMAO!!!! Yeah DH worried about that with DS#1 but he's gotten used to it with #2 and #3.I just tell him "Like father, like son!" Laughing
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:29 am

Ha! It will be funny when he finds out he has the boy parts. He is getting close but hasnt quite found it yet.

Ok I am now a very proud mamma. Nate is rolling over on his own and really fast too. Then of course he either is really proud of himself and tries to kick his legs and "swim" on the carpet. Crawling is just around the corner I'm sure. Or he gets mad because he has rolled over and really wants to be on his back and cant figure out how to get there.

This weekend we are starting the rice cereal. We are now back to one poop diaper a day. Much better than the 6-8 we were getting while he was on antibiotics. So if his tummy stays in check we are starting cereal! Very Happy
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:17 pm

Shannon - carefully of him pulling on his ears. With all your kids being so sick all the time:(, that might mean an ear infection. I'm not trying to jinx you, but, you know... just... be prepared if it's happening a lot!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:32 pm

Bekah-Yeah I mentioned it to the doctor because when he had pneumonia he also had an ear infection but his ears looked fine and she said that even the fluid was gone...Poor kid is only 4 1/2 months old and never had just a cold but has spent 4 days in the hospital and had 2 dangerous illnesses courtesy of his brothers....He still pulls on them sometimes when he eats...I think its actually soothing to him...But thanks for looking out!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:49 pm

aww, poor guy. well I am freaking out. I went to the doc today, but joey is not seeming any better. true, it's only been a day, but now that DH has explained his own symptoms to me, I realize that Joey probably has the friggin flu. that's the only horrible part about DH working at walmart. I mean, there's some other crappy stuff, but getting sickness from unsanitary people touching everything all day... I know when I worked there, I sprayed down my area as SOON as i got to the register. I don't care how clean the last person was, I was such a clean freak when it came to my register... i was really good about that. hmm. anyway, DH told me he had had a soar throat, a cough, a fever, and body aches for the past week or so. So there you have it. Joey has the flu. Sad Stupid doctor wouldn't even tell me the "virus" idiot just gave me steroids for my friggin baby. Do steroids even help if you have the flu?
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:59 am

Bekah- Awww Poor Joey....that could be why he has been so clingy lately because he is sick..Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:33 pm

Bekah-I doubt the pred will help if it is the flu.Its used to reduce inflammation for breathing.But if he's started them already then dont just take him off them.Taper off gradually...Do you give any vitamins?
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:44 pm

Yeah!! The Boy can finally roll!!! I'm excited, but now it just means I have to watch him much more carefully.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:29 pm

Is Landree the last one to roll? She hasn't yet...almost but not quite.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:44 pm

is it funny that joey rolls onto his side when we put him down in his crib sometimes?
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next