Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need a Place to Vent?

+7
MichelleL
PolloLoco75
ladydy
jessijennings
mnelson80
mythreesons
rocknrollmommy616
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Need a Place to Vent? - Page 3 Empty Re: Need a Place to Vent?

Post by mythreesons Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:03 pm

I want to kick DH in the you know whats. Back in December, the friday before Xmas, DH's job usually all goes out to dinner to a fancy restaurant and spouses or SO's can come.Well since we've had kids that's really the one time of year we get to go out and have a fancy dinner that we don't have to pay for(we're talking like $25-$35 per plate plus appetizers and dessert).Well Lucas was in the hospital and we had a horrendous snow storm that day so the party got re-scheduled to this Friday. My step-dad(who used to babysit full time for the boys) has said he could do watch the boys.Last time he had told me he's be fine watching Lucas as well.Now he doesn't think he can handle all 3 because he wants to be able to play with the older boys. I have no one I can ask last minute to do this for us.I just want to cry! I so need this night with no ids after dealing with sick kids since the beginning of December!! o I called DH and he says well call mary.She's usually busy so I told him that. Ya know, I thought that losing my job last year meant that Id get to go back to school.But I'm starting to realize that as long as I have kids in my house that it'll never happen. Who will be the one to miss school or work if a kid is sick and has to be home from school...me. Who will be the one who will have to miss class during winter breaks or spring breaks...me.I don't know right now whether to scream or cry...
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:14 pm

shannon i am so sorry it is so unfair how our hubby's just play dumb sometimes ug! they play dumb so we will take over. have you looked into online school like univeristy of phoenix online? i do that adn it has worked beautifuly for me. no classrooms and you can do work adn turn it in at 3am if you choose. you might check it out.
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:14 pm

oh shannon - if i lived closer i would so watch Lucas for you!! you deserve to go out!! {{hugs}}
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:54 pm

Elise Thanks for the offer! My step dad is going to watch all 3 kids now.My mom is goint to come along as ell and help but she's just comin off of working 3-12 hour shifts so i hope my kids behave!!!

Eileen-I actually did online classes for awhile and plan to as many of them as I can but since I will be going back for nursing, there's alot that I will have to do on campus and if you miss more than like 3 days I think they drop you completely and you have to start over(from the clinical part)....

I guess I still feel like I got screwed over being laid off.I mean I was almost in my 3rd trimester and it would've been difficult to find a job(not impossible since if I remember there are a few girls that did have to do that).Now the biggest problem is that we no longer have the person available to us to watch the boys(step-dad did it for a reasonable price)during the daytime hours and inorder for me to be able to afford to work I'd have to make at least $10,000 to $15,000 more than I was making as a loan officer to be able to pay my bills like I was AND cover the cost of daycare and before and after school care for ODS. So I have to wait at least until DS#1 and DS#2 are both in school before I can either go back to school(for on campus classes)or get a job but my hours are limited by DH's jobs. I also feel like I do nothing.I keep the house clean, food on the table, and my kids looking neat and tidy but it doesn't take a genius to do that and I feel guilty that DH works 2 jobs and is too exausted to enjoy his kids much less any of his own hobbies...If I could get a really good evening or night job making decent money that had good inexpensive benefits then I could talk DH into quitting UPS but thats a needle in a haystack...Sigh...
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:09 pm

Shannon I completely understand your frustration! I feel like I am not contributing enough also. My hubby works a lot of hours to keep our lifestyle what it was before I closed my bakery. Here I've got this skill (cooking and decorating) that pays really really well and I'm kinda stuck. Atleast I thought I was. One of my old catering contracts keeps in touch and she is always asking me when I'm going to start cooking again. We've actually worked out something so I will be catering to them 5 or 6 times a month starting in February. It's a far cry from the $50k I was bringing home but atleast it's something. Something will work out for you. Even if you have to wait atleast it gives you something to look forward to.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:38 pm

Shannon - have you thought about talking to a daycare that will give you a cheaper tuition for your boys given your situation? My sister is a single mom and works til about 530pm every day, and she only pays like $90 a week for 2 boys. She takes them to Kindercare and they have an amazing security system, so I would totally trust my LO with them(I have a thing about not trusting day cares with my kid). I mean, there's no harm in asking, right?
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:32 pm

Michelle- I love cooking and thats probably my favorite thing about being home because I can try out new recipes...Thats awsome that you will be getting to at least do some of what you used to...

Bekah- Yeah it definetly never hurts to ask. Unfortunately we maked too much money to get daycare assistance.Thats such a joke! And the new goernor of NY wants to increase welfare...Ugh...

Bekah-
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by redheadmommy Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:28 pm

I SO need a place to vent right now. Lately I find my DH is super tired and grumpy and he takes it out on me. I ask him what's wrong and he says nothing but if you keep asking you'll be what's wrong! WTF! I sometimes wonder if it would be easier to be divorced!! I know it wouldn't be easy on our son, who's only 11 months2 weeks right now, but gosh.. I'm 28 going on 29 and DH just turned 28. We've been together 14 years. I don't want to throw everything away, but I just find the last 4 or 5 months have been really tense. I hate having to walk on eggshells around him and I hate the fact that when I ask him to help me out with the baby while I'm busy he acts all pissed off as if he is busy. Like this morning for example, I went into our bathroom to flat iron my hair for work and wash my face. and I didn't quite close the door tight, so while my face is covered in face scrub, Tyler(my son) pushes the door open and comes in. Well I tell DH can you come here and get the baby cause I can't see anything and the hot Flat iron is plugged in. Well, he gets up all in a huff from his throne on the couch and comes and gets the baby and then says, this is how you close a door and he slams it! Ughhhhhhhhhhhh! It's been lots of little things like that lately, like when I say, can you come hold our son (if I happen to be changing him on the change table) cause I need to go to the bathroom and he gets all mad! Like I'M not tired. I work 8 hours a day too, plus my mommy role at night which includes, housecleaning, making supper, washing the clothes, washing the dishes, getting my son's bottles and diaper bag ready for the day care the next morning. I go, go go from 5:30 in the morning till 8:30 or 9 at night, yet do I complain, NO(well except for right now, lol). I try to talk to him and he just shrugs it off and says he's just tired out! Anyone else go through this?
redheadmommy
redheadmommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3