Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's for dinner?

+7
ladydy
Kim
PolloLoco75
rocknrollmommy616
mythreesons
tweetie462
MichelleL
11 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

What's for dinner? - Page 14 Empty Re: What's for dinner?

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:18 pm

Kim- Breakfast for dinner? Would you by chance be testing out the recipe from that class on Ukranian eggs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:30 pm

Ok so I feel a bit dumb I just went and did a google search on Ukrainian eggs and most if not all of the searches finding were how to make ukrainian eggs meaning to decorate eggs..... not cook them a certain way...I feel like such a dork now What a Face

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:55 pm

Last night we were out so we went to IHOP. Tonight, I made Beef stroganoff. Tomorrow night is Scouts, so I'm thinking pasta.
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:12 am

Joy- LOL...well the stuff does have to come out of the middle before hand...
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:40 am

Tonight we are having something easy but I haven't figured out what yet! I still feel yucky....
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:54 am

Last night we had a fend for yourself so I had left over pasta and DH had a microwave pizza.
This is all because I couldnt buy things to make a whole meal... Grr...

Tonight - If I can finish my shopping we are having Grilled Shrimp Po Boys with steamed Veggies.

The store had everything but the Shrimp.... go figure.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:28 pm

Tonight is lasagna...

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:31 am

Ok tonight I think its either going to be shrimp and veggie stir fry over rice with egg rolls or Manwhiches with spicy steak fries. I will let my DH choose. That always makes it easier on me.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:04 am

Tonight we are having spaghetti since hubby will be working until about 2am and he hates spaghetti. Brenden is having carrots & peas.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:08 pm

burgers and fries it was for us

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:26 am

Last night we had Rotisserie Chicken, Scalloped Potatoes, Mixed Veggies and a roll.

Tonight I think we are going to have Smoked Sausage, Steamed mixed veggies and a baked potato.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:30 am

Last night we had steak, baked potato, salad.

Today/tonight I'm having a kosher dog with grilled onions from the ballpark. YUM!!!!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:14 pm

Dinners here are crazy right now - lots of going out or ordering in as we are in the midst of passover prep! i have a love/hate relationship with this holiday! tonight was take out from Olive Garden, although I was good and ate double salad, one breadstick and DH and I split the mushroom ravioli. Tomorrow night will probably be delivery pizza from a local place in town since Jeremy has his first practice tomorrow night!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:50 pm

Tonight we had a new recipe.....sweet & sour meatballs over white rice and steamed brocolli. The meatballs were actually pretty darn good! Brenden had stage 2 chicken & noodles (first time) and peas. He seriously loved the chicken and noodles and ended up eating the entire jar! LOL!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:21 am

Well yesterday(Sunday) we I don't even remember what we had truthfully.... I know after church yesterday we had Pizza Hut maybe that was our dinner because I cannot remember eating anything after that ...then Monday we had Hot dogs and mac and cheese..... for tuesday we are having my beef& broccoli over white rice minus the broccoli because DH does not like it.....Then for Wednesday I will be making stuffed crust pizza and if I have enough of the sauce left for it I ll be making my cheesebread to go with it.. not sure about Thursday yet but I am sure I ll post it that night...if I do not forget to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:50 am

tonight I'm making spaghetti with Ragu's parmesan and romano sauce. Instead of making garlic bread, which I know I'll eat half the loaf myself, I'm going to make us a big salad to start off with.
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:12 am

Tonight I think we are going to have breaded chicken sandwiches and steak fries - maybe a salad. Its so hard to get DH to eat veggies. He is worse than Nate. Nate LOVES veggies! LOL!

As for Nate - Last night he had a whole jar of carrots some rice ceral 1/2 a jar of peaches and 1/2 a jar of bananas and some more rice cereal. That boy was HUNGRY! I think he must be growing. Oh and we had to work on eating the fruit. He just doesnt dig it. If you can get past the first 4-5 bites then he is ok but EVERYTHING has to be mixed with rice cereal or he either 1 - wont eat it or 2 - throws it all up. We are working on it. Tonight more peaches with less banana and probably squash and green beans.
So when do you normally move up a stage in food? I havent been able to find something that tells you.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:18 am

Amy - we did the stage 1 for about a month and then moved up. I wish we had moved up earlier because the consistency of the stage 2 is far better than the stage 1 for a reflux baby IMO. Anyway, the pedi told us a month is just about right inbetween "graduations" LOL!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:14 am

I have a big sirloin in the fridge I was going to make beef & broc with but that's too close to what we ate last night so I don't know what I'm gonna do with it....maybe stick it in the freezer and order fried chicken! LOL!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:01 pm

Amy- I moved Maddie up to stage 2s about 2 weeks ago. They are bigger and fill her better at night I think at least. But, the only thing was I switched her 3 "meals" a day all to stage 2 all at once and she was having potty issues for a few days. She's doing good now. So just wanted to warn you in case!
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:49 am

Amy- I think the 2nd Foods are from about 6 months up I have given some to Jeremiah already and he did fine...

I have a question any one else's LO's seems to be drinking bottles like nonstop lately? I know Jeremiah most recently within the past week or two seems like he will no more than finish a bottle and will want more and almost if not all the way finish that one too...He goes thru more formula than what wic gives by far so I have resorted to buying Parents choice milk based formula to fill in the lack from the enfamil lipil with iron that wic gives it is way cheaper 11.88 for 25.7 oz can compared to 23-25 for same sized enfamil cans. And the ingredients are identical the only peeve I have is that the powder seems to have a different consistency to it when you scoop it. Other than that he tolerates it just the same.
As far as dinner we had the beef and rice for dinner I got broccoli to mix in with mine but forgot to do so as dh made the dinner so i guess I ll use it for something else. I also made Michelles Brownie recipe they were extremely yummy the glaze is super sweet though...but offsets nicely with the brownie part. Tomorrow dh has a dr appt with His neurosurgeon to check up on his shunt and maybe do xrays and scans to make sure everything is ok with it still. As the shunts are normally only good for 5 years and he has had his for 15 with no problems. But lately he has been having a weird throbbing pain where the shunt runs on the r side of his head and neck and although they haven't been there the past few days the fact that he felt stuff like that and never has before has him wondering if all is still well with it. So I am hoping all goes well at the appt and that there is no findings of a malfunction or anything like that..because in the midst of everything else we don't need that on our plate too. So if any of you ladies read this please keep him in prayer.. his appt is for 110pm tomorrow.. I probably won't know much till at least 4 or 5 esp if they do tests as he has to drive to the childrens hospital in Detroit and sometimes there is quite a bit of wait there. Me I'll be staying home with the kids as there was no one able to watch them the whole time for me to go with him and 3 young kids in a hosp waiting room for hours wouldn't run too smoothly..

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:05 am

Tonight my MIL is making shepherds pie. I love coming home to a cooked meal!!
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:20 am

Tonight I am making pork tenderloin w/cracked pepper, hashbrown casserole and fresh green beans. This is the last night for the hashbrown casserole for a long time....to many carbs, to much fat, and I don't even wanna think about the calories..... Brenden is having chicken, applesauce and carrots.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:34 am

Well it is DH's birthday today so he gets to have anything he wants even if we dont normally get it because its his special day. So we are having pizza from Brooklyn's. Thats what my baby wants that's what my baby gets! We usually dont get pizza from there because it tastes soooo gooood but is sooo bad for you. He loves the 5 bouroughs pizza wich is like every meat imaginable plus mushrooms onions and peppers with extra cheese. Yes we will be having one heart attack on a plate please!
I also made Michelle's brownies so we will be having that for dessert. I cant wait to try them they smell so good! DH and I took turns licking the spatula from the glaze last night - so sweet and sooo yummy!

Nate will be having Squash & green beans mixed with rice cereal and then probably pears mixed with rice cereal for dessert.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:01 pm

I hope ya'll like the brownies Amy!!! If you like coconut I've got a great brownie cake recipe...and it's easier than the brownie recipe.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum