Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's for dinner?

+7
ladydy
Kim
PolloLoco75
rocknrollmommy616
mythreesons
tweetie462
MichelleL
11 posters

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

What's for dinner? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's for dinner?

Post by MichelleL Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:41 pm

Tonight we had 1/2 grilled ribeyes, homemade mac & cheese, and a salad with greens, dried cranberries, walnuts and cider vinagrette. The ribeyes were 1/2 grilled because about 5 minutes into grilling we ran out of propane....had to finish them off in the broiler. Damn.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:56 am

Michelle- i freaking hate that when that happens...ruins your whole night.

Tonight we are having pork chops with cream of mushroom soup, put pork chops in dish spread cream of mushroom soup on top, salt and pepper, and bake on 350 for about 40 min. I am also making French's green bean casserole, and mashed potatoes, just not sure if real one's or instant yet.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:25 am

Ok last night I totally wasnt in the mood to cook. I was beat from taking care of my sick baby so we had Chicken Supreme Pizza from Pizza Hut. They deliver its quite nice. I also had 2 glasses of wine with it (YUMM). Then for dessert we had Weight Watchers Giant Fudge Bars. They are freakin awesome!

Tonight I dont know. I have it in my head that I am ready to get back to being super healthy. No more crap. So I am going to try and find a good recipe. Maybe I will bake some fish and we can have that with rice and a veggie. I will see what I can find.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:07 pm

DSD has a fashion show at her cosmotology school tonight and she has some featured makeup and hair models so we're going to that and then out to dinner somewhere.
She'll pick and we'll pay.... (did i say that outloud?)
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:17 pm

Tonight we are having smothered chicken, mashed potatoes, & green beans. Brenden is having green beans & apricots.

The chicken is simple, just brown the chicken breasts in a large skillet, add some onion, sliced mushrooms, and garlic. Cook them down and the pour a can of cream of mushroom soup over it all. Put the lid on and simmer about 10=15 minutes.

The potatoes are instant because I cut my finger.....I can barely type so I can imagine what peeling potatoes would be like.

For the green beans I'll just dump a can in a saucepan with a little garlic and butter and cook while the chicken is cooking.

P.S. I was going to grill ribs tonight but when I looked into the garage I saw BOTH propane tanks sitting there.....DH was suppose to get them filled on his way home from work grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Last edited by MichelleL on Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:19 pm

I making Boneless Rib Eyes and probably baked potatoes or oven roasted potatoes - depends on how much of a pill Logan is and if DH is home early. Logan will have his usual veggie and a little fruit.
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:12 pm

we are having, kabobs onion, bell pepper, zucchini, kielbasa, with balsamic rice and salad I am in love with Asian sesame Newman own dressing..

I have decaf ice tea over sonic ice (yes i bought a bag) and pineapple blueberry and banana smoothies for desert Smile
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:16 pm

My entire dinner changed. When I realized I am out of mushrooms and defrosted pork instead of chicken it kinda put a damper on things.....I am so brain dead. We are having bbq pork ribs (in the oven since I STILL have no propane), cornbread dressing & green beans.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:45 pm

Ok we ended up having left over baked chicken, rice and mixed steamed veggies.

Big news is Nate had a big dinner. 4 TBS of rice cereal and 2 TBS of Sweet Potatoes mixed into the cereal. HE LOVED IT! I kind of jumped the gun. I figured 4 3/4 months old we can start mixing in a little sweet potatoes.

I was so happy that he liked it.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:43 am

Well since I was absent again for a few days...On sunday we had Steak and baked potatoes then Monday night we had Chicken Alfredo......

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:49 pm

Well, last night ended up being PF Chang's, it was very good.

Tonight, I didn't set anything out so either frozen pizza, homemade pizza or I'll have to stop on my way home for something.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:54 pm

Tonight is crock pot night - Cranberry Chicken...i have rice left over from the other night, so i'll probably reheat that and if time, pop in a veggie into the microwave.
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:27 pm

Tonight Dawson requested Amy's pizza. He has the TAKS test at school today and says he'll need something delicious to eat to get rid of the headache the test is going to give him! LOL Anyway, I'll also make hot wings and Brenden will have green beans since he's in a crummy mood and they are his favorite.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:12 pm

DH picked me up for lunch and we went to my favorite deli and split what I think is THE BEST poor boy sandwich. So, dinner may just have to be cheese & crackers or leftover noodle soup. The poor boy will hold us over for a long time.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:13 pm

we are going grocery shooping when DH gets out of work at 4 so we will probably just pick something up when we are out.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:33 pm

bah hubby was in a snit so no dinner for me >.<
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:57 am

We had spaghetti for dinner last night...not sure of what's on the menu for tomorrow...

Jessi- How come you didn't have any dinner just because hubby was in a snit?

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:18 am

Last night we ended up having lean cuisine meals. Easy out of the freezer kind of night. I went grocery shopping with nate and we didnt get home until after 7PM so our whole evenings schedule was thrown off.

Tonight we are either going to have lemon peppercorn chicken with steamed veggies and rice or shrimp linguini with an light tomato/olive oil/ wine sauce. Just depends. Then again it might be soup and sandwich. DH stayed home today with a stomach bug.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:08 pm

Tonight I am making oven fried chicken breasts, roasted potatoes, and bacon brussel sprouts. I've also got frozen rolls I'll pull out. Brenden will have carrots and peas. I'm also gonna try and make a butter cake with chocolate pudding on top for dessert but don't know if I'll get home in time from shopping to bake the cake.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:46 pm

Tonight will either be pasta or a whatever dinner since ODS has scouts tonight. We'll see how things are going come decision-time!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:59 pm

last night ended up being frozen pizza.

tonight aubrey goes for her RSV shot so we'll probably pick something up while we're out.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:22 pm

Tonight we're trying I think it was from Shannon- the my mom's not taco salad. I can't remember exactly what it's called!
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:42 am

Hmm we had steak and baked potato... I was not planning on this but I got some steak on sale and got home with it and DH made his mind up right as soon as he seen it thats what he wanted for dinner...even though we just had it on Sunday I think....

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:22 am

We ended up having sausage, potatoes and sauerkraut last night. It was good..I was craving it for some reason.

Tonight we're making a chopped salad and having some good crusty bread.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:11 am

We had Macaroni and cheese with chicken and peas mixed in and rolls. It was bland comfort food night for DH. He ate like 6 bits and 1/2 a roll and could eat no more. This is how you know my DH is sick.... No food is INSAINE.

We will see how tonight goes. I dont know whats going to happen.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum