Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's for dinner?

+7
ladydy
Kim
PolloLoco75
rocknrollmommy616
mythreesons
tweetie462
MichelleL
11 posters

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down

What's for dinner? - Page 15 Empty Re: What's for dinner?

Post by MichelleL Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:18 am

Tonight, well late this afternoon, we are having Easter Dinner since my DH and sister have to work on Sunday. I'm so upset with my husband...he freakin' VOLUNTEERED to work....and it's not even holiday pay! Anyway, I'm making a ham, scalloped potatoes, all day green beans, devilled eggs, homemade rolls, and carrot cake for dessert. Brenden is having the green beans I am making and itty bitty pieces of a roll.

We went to Outback last night. It was a great time but can I just say Brenden freaked when they brought out our prime rib.....he tried to steal my plate! I had him sitting up in highchair at the end of the booth and he even grabbed the waiter like "where's mine you asshole???" Thankfully the waiter thought he was funny....
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:30 am

I'm so humgry right now and Michelle you are making my mouth water!
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:12 pm

Michelle that sounds Awesome!
We just had Hot Dogs because we didnt want to put really any effort into dinner tonight.

Nate had Maccaroni Tomato Beef dinner - Stage 2 whole jar (loved it) and then had 1/3 jar of Mango Fruit Dessert. He actually ate a fruit and seemed to enjoy it. We tried Apples and blueberries before that and he nearly puked at one taste.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:56 pm

We had a beef roast and some mashed potatoes for dinner tonight..

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:13 am

I made pancakes, eggs, and bacon for breakfast today. This afternoon we are having ribeyes, baked potatoes, salad, and homemade bread for a late lunch. I hope Tony & Dawson realize with all of the cooking this weekend I"m not cooking much this week! LOL! Anyway, Brenden is now into "texture" and wanting whatever we have! I made a HUGE pot of vegetable soup after he stole my campbell's veg soup the other day and he's been eating it up! I dice up a few green beans, carrots and celery pieces and put on his tray while I've got a mushed up bowl feeding him with a spoon. He's in heaven! LOL! Crazy kid!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:11 pm

Tonight we are having pork roast and then either asparagus or green beans. I bought both yesterday at the market so either will be good. I also bought some giant mushrooms so I'm going to have to make some kind of gravy or something with them.

Michelle, Aubrey watches us eat so much and I always want to try something on her but I don't know what.....I'm so paranoid of her choking on something.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:20 pm

Diana, at this age you really do have to be careful of them choking. You are not paranoid...it's a legit concern. We started with the puffs because they disolve if they don't chew them up. After a few days he was smacking his gums like a pro! I've only given him vegetable pieces that are cooked to death and ground beef (with the exception of the meatloaf he just HAD to have) that's been cooked in broth for several hours. Atleast I think that's all I've given him... They seem to always choke when they first start with chewing but if you give 'em a chance they'll get past it and enjoy eating what you are having.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:49 pm

No clues as to what if anything we will be having tonight...the kids normally eat something different from what we eat so they will eat regardless but last night we did not eat dinner and after church today we went to pizza hut so I am already thinking I prolly won'y be cooking tonight..ah well.

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:45 pm

Aubrey got Baby Mum-mums for Easter from SIL and I wasn't sure if I should give them to her yet. I was going to try tonight while DH an I were eating dinner but she was falling asleep in her walker so maybe tomorrow. It is rice rusks and says it 'dissolves easily'. Oh she also had turkey for the first time tonight. She seemed to like it ok....
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:56 pm

Diana- She will probably do pretty good with them Jeremiah does well..he has gagged a bit but only because he bit a chunk off and it got by his throat and caused the gag reflex...but he is getting better at it.. I am sure Aubrey will have the initial first few gags too but she will get used to the texture of it and be just fine. I love the mum mums way more than the biter biscuits(too messy and break off in huge chunk that don't dissolve well at all) and the toasts (that sometimes break off also). Let us know how Aubrey likes them. My lil guy got all excited when he seen them and he knew already what to do with em..lol

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:09 pm

Tonight we are having beef roast in the crockpot, carrots and potatoes and I'm making a big salad. I might make some garlic bread....I have to count the carbs in the meal first though. Brenden is having some of the carrots and potatoes and babyfood peach cobbler.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:32 pm

Diana- Landree had gotten them from the easter bunny too. I never bought them for McKenna so I was a little scared. They break so easily...but they do dissolve so very quickly Landree is IN LOVE with them, they are so much less messy than biter biscuits which really don't dissolve...and I think they dissolve much better than the puffs really.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:20 pm

I let her try them and she did like it. It took her a minute to figure out exactly what was going on but once she had it, it was all over.

Tonight or should I say this afternoon I just made a nice salad before DH left for school. When he gets home he'll probably have leftover pork roast.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:32 am

We had Beef pot pies the store bought frozen banquet ones...

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:07 pm

I have to go by the store on the way home so I think I'll get a roasted chicken and then we're having cauliflower mash... lower carbs than potatoes. I think I might let Aubrey try it too.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:28 pm

Tonight I am making goulash, steamed brocolli and tomato basil and mozzarella salad. Brenden will have vegetable beef, little bits of steamed brocolli and a log of pineapple. He loves fresh pineapple and yesterday while I was cutting one up he was about to die wanting it so bad. I usually sit there and hold it for him while he sucks on it since he doesn't like the mesh thing that holds fresh foods when it finally dawned on me.....I cut the hard as a rock core into long logs (a little longer than a bitter biscuit and about the same width) and he just went to town. The core is so hard and he couldn't bite thru it but he got the yummy taste of the sweet fruit....dude was in HEAVEN!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:36 pm

Michelle- Awww that was a great idea with the pineapple...I tried one of those baby foods that had pineapple in it and Jeremiah hurled afterwards so not sure he likes it too much..lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum