Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's for dinner?

+7
ladydy
Kim
PolloLoco75
rocknrollmommy616
mythreesons
tweetie462
MichelleL
11 posters

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

What's for dinner? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's for dinner?

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:56 pm

Wahoo! I should sell that in a cook book of Amy's easy recieps.... Except I think I would get in trouble by the people who made the recipe book I got it out of! LOL! I am glad you are all enjoying it. It is so easy, fast, and YUMMY!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:06 pm

We're with you tonight Kim...not only fast and easy but it's 75 here today and the rain and colder weather sets in tonight so we're grilling burgers.

I'm definitely going to have to try Amy's pizza.

Michelle, I'm going to try baking the wings like that. I never make hot wings at home b/c of the mess, just like fried chicken, I make great fried chicken, if I say so myself, but I never make it b/c I hate the mess. DH an I have been together for 6 years and I have never made it for him...that's how little I fry chicken.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:32 pm

so dinner tonight ended up being leftover turkey from thanksgiving that i had frozen. dh had leftover stew since he had turkey for lunch. Logan had his entire jar of peas and loved every spoonful.
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:36 pm

I went to the store to get stuff to make Amys pizza and only bought the mushrooms.LOL.Can you say major brain fart?!However I did need them for my back up dinner and I didnt remember that I needed for that meal.Geez maybe I shouldnt be near a stove...So heres what I made instead....

Fiesta Smothered Chicken

1lb Boneless chicken breast
1/4 tsp garlic powder
3TBSP Soy Sauce
1TBSP Worchestershire Sauce
1/4 monterey jack cheese with jalapeno's
1/4 cup cheddar cheese
1 cup mushrooms
1 jalapeno
1 small onion

Put soy sauce, worchestershire, and garlic powder in a bag and put chicken breasts in there to marinate.Saute veggies together and pour into a bowl for a few minutes while cooking chicken. Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes or untiol cooked thoroughly. Cover chicken with veggies.Put a large pinch of cheddar then the monterey jack on top of veggies.Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until cheeses are melted...

I'd never tried this recipe, but OMG!!!!! It's better than any restaurant that I've ever tried it at!!! Seriously I kid you not!!!
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:33 am

MichelleL- Your DH and mine are quite alike..my DH doesn't eat leftovers either. Wait I take that back he will eat restaurant pizza reheated and sloppy joes reheated. Other than that it has to be a new meal every night. Hence all the piles of dishes that I despise doing.LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:33 am

Ok so since my boys have scouts tonight we're just having spaghetti and sauce with ground sausage.

My sauce tonight comes from a jar...LOL...
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:14 am

Hmmm..not sure what we are having yet. I'll have to talk to DH and see if he has any ideas. Right now not having any kids to feed we pretty much fly by the seat of our pants about dinner.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:31 am

This is DH's week to work late so he doesn't even get home until after 7pm....I hate these weeks! Anyway, we are having Shrimp Scampi, baked potatoes, and garlic bread.

Shrimp Scampi - I buy devined easy peel jumbo shrimp for this. 2lbs. Clean shrimp, dry with paper towels and put in a 11X17 baking dish. Melt 1 cup butter (no subs), 2T garlic, 1T mustard, and 1T parsley in a saucepan. Once butter has melted pour over shrimp and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes or until shrimp are nice and pink.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:16 pm

Dinner tonight is Chicken Stew done in my crock pot. Never made it before, so we'll see how it turns out! Smile

Logan will be having peas again.
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:55 pm

I just had a taste of a new recipe and I think I'll make it for dinner tonight.

Taco Soup
1-2 #'s ground beef or turkey (i'll do 2, i like meaty)
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 cans water
1 can chili beans
1 can black beans
1 can corn (regular or fiesta) drained
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 pkg ranch dressing mix

brown meat, drain, add all other ingredients and simmer 30 mins.

I may add a little red pepper for some heat but it was very tasty.
Oh and for anyone on WW using 1# ground turkey, it's 2 points.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:13 pm

I have no idea what we are having tonight. That usually means we are having another fend for yourself night. I am going to have to get some rice ceral for Nate because we arent allowed to feed him anything else (see Dr Appt thread) until he is 6 months old.

So fend for ourselves it is... Hmmm maybe soup and sandwich.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:50 pm

I am making lasagna tonight for dinner. Pretty basic

1-2LBS NO BOIL lasagna noodles
1-2 jars RAGU sauce (only kind hubby will eat)
1-2lbs Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
2-3 lbs of ground beef cooked
1/2-3/4 c parmesan cheese

Layer it in a casserole dish sauce,noodles, meat, cheeses, and repeat then top with sauce and more cheese and bake at 375 for an hour.

Most people use ricotta or cottage cheese in their but my DH is picky picky and likes it without that stuff. Although its not a bad thing as it tastes really good.

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:46 pm

Ahh.. Joy! My SO is the same way about the cottage or ricotta cheese.. it makes me nuts!

Question: How do you get the no boil noodles to be soft enough.. everywhere?

I've tried everything.. more sauce, cover with foil..etc. but the top ones always come out kind of hard. The last time I made it I vowed to stop using the no boil kind because I just can't get the hang of it.

Last night we had a baked chicken(whole) basted with Italian dressing and cut baked potatoes also tossed in Italian dressing with green onions and bacon. It turned out really good. I mostly followed this kraft recipe, with out the cream cheese stuff.. SO won't eat that.
http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/rosemary-roasted-chicken-potatoes-107330.aspx?e=email
Also sign up for their eflyers.. they have TONS of easy recpies..
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:55 pm

I love kraft foods emails!!!I just wish that they would send me the magazine that I signed up to get too for free...all the send is a small booklet with a few things in it..

Not sure how to fix the hard top noodles. This is my first time doing it with the no boil ones.. normally I use the boil kind...Will have to see how mine does with the no boils..

That chicken sounds fantastic..but I couldn't do something like that hubby wont eat italian dressing... he dont even eat salads.. he is real picky...I even strain the manwich for sloppy joes because he hates the onions and peppers it has in it..LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:01 pm

I used to get that magazine too.. I loved it! I think they have turned the whole thing digital now. Probably spending to much printing those things. Plus I noticed them "recycling" a lot of recipies in the magazine. Maybe they just ran out of stuff to fill the up.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:06 pm

February 12, 2009

Tonight we are having burritos. Just plain jane meat and cheese with some lettuce and tomato. I forgot to thaw anything out.

I love the Kraft magazine! I thought it had been awhile since I've gotten one! I'm gonna have to get online and sign up for the emails! They have such easy meal ideas!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:09 pm

So Joy - How did the no boil noodles work for you last night?

I think I'm goign to make the regular ones tonight.. I thawed some hamburger last night and never did anything with it. Although I rather have Italian Sausage in my Lasagna.. I want some and after you read the Sexy Time thread you'll see why I don't care what he wants to eat! LOL
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:24 pm

Tonight I may have DH bring something home with him or just have leftover soup. We are going out for drinks early so I doubt I cook.

Michelle & Joy, My DH will eat ALL leftovers. It's a joke in my family anytime we all go for dinner or get together and they're trying to give out the leftovers to send them home with me b/c DH will eat them.
Sometimes if I leave something in the frig until trash day so our can doesn't get stinky...I'll find him eating it. I have to yell at him that he's gonna get sick. He's a human garbage disposal and other than his beer belly he's tall & skinny.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:26 pm

Diana - That's Hilarious! At least you don't complain about wasting food in your house!
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:30 pm

tonight's dinner - i'm thinking easy - chicken nuggets and crispy crowns.

Logan will have peas once again.
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:27 pm

Ok so tonight:

Chicken Pomodoro with Tomato Basil Garlic

Ingredients:
2 tsp (10mL) olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
4 Oz. (115g) fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 can (14.5 ounces) tomatoes, no salt added
4 tsp (20mL) Mrs. Dash® Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blend
1 tsp (5mL) Mrs. Dash® Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend
3 cups (720mL)cooked pasta

Directions:
Heat oil and brown chicken over medium heat, about 10 minutes, turning once.
Add remaining ingredients.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes.
Serve over pasta.

This is a new recipe we are trying. Hopefully it turns out good.

Oh and Nate will have rice cereal about 1 1/2 TBS mixed with water along with some formula and antibiotics. Yum!

OH and I am on the look out for really easy quick things to make so if you have recipes like that i want em! Its so hard cooking for long periods of time in the kitchen. I either miss my evening with my baby or we dont eat unitl almost 10pm because we dont start cooking until after he goes to bed at 8:30-9:00.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:34 pm

That's why I love my crock pot! I put the stuff together the night before after the kids go to bed, and then put it up in the morning so I don't have to really cook that night, but we still have a meal like I did cook! I used to cook alot more before Logan -- it's just too hard to do when he's being really fussy and my hubby doesn't get home until 6. If I start then, then the kids either won't get to bed until super late, or we don't have a family dinner, which we always try to do.
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:19 pm

I need to find some crock pot things too.. My comute home is about an hour and a half.. sometimes 2 if I talk to Grandma when picking up Dominic. So we don't even get home til 7 sometimes. Then the night is gone before you know it.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:48 pm

Diana- OMG is my DH related to yours LOL!!! He's ridiculous sometimes!!! I left mac & cheese out on the stove for a few days once(before I was good at keeping the house clean) and I found him eating it!!! GROSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swore he would get sick, but nope, he's got a cast iron stomach.

Ok for dinner tonight I'm making Loaded Baked Potato Soup and Homemade Rolls(courtesy of my breadmaker)

Loaded Baked Potato Soup(from the Hungry Girl recipes)

For Soup
3 cups fat-free chicken broth
1 cup plain light soymilk
1 large potato (about 14.5 oz.)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. chopped onion
2 tbsp. shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
2 tbsp. fat-free sour cream
1 tbsp. real bacon bits (like the kinds by Oscar Mayer and Hormel)
3/4 tsp. garlic powder
3/4 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper

For Topping
5 tsp. shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
5 tsp. fat-free sour cream
5 tsp. diced scallions
2 1/2 tsp. real bacon bits

Directions:
Pierce potato with a fork in multiple places, and then place it on a paper towel or microwave-safe plate. Microwave for 8 - 10 minutes, until potato is soft. Once cool enough to handle, remove and discard the skin (either by peeling skin off or cutting potato open and scooping out the insides). Mash the potato pulp with a fork and set aside.

Bring a medium pot sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and minced garlic and cook for 1 - 2 minutes, until onio n has softened. Add broth and soymilk. Slowly add the flour, continuously stirring until it has completely dissolved.

Add mashed potato and stir until fully blended. Add all other ingredients for soup, but not for topping (cheese, sour cream, bacon, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper). Mix well, reduce heat, and simmer for 2 minutes.

Divide soup among five bowls. (Or pour about 1 cup into a bowl now, and refrigerate the rest for another day.) Top each bowl with 1 tsp. each of cheese, sour cream, and scallions. Sprinkle each bowl with 1/2 tsp. bacon bits. Enjoy!

MAKES 5 SERVINGS
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:43 pm

Amy, that recipe sounds devine! Especially with some fresh made pasta and by fresh made I'm talking in the refrigerated section at the grocery. I've tried making pasta and it wasn't pretty! I've got TONS of recipes from the shop. I'll go thru and post some soon. Lots of easy pleasy's!

Elise - I'm with ya' on the crock pot. I make all kinds of stuff in mine. I use it ATLEAST twice a week! LOL

Shannon- that potato soup sounds really good. It's going on my list for next week! YUMMY!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum