Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's for dinner?

+7
ladydy
Kim
PolloLoco75
rocknrollmommy616
mythreesons
tweetie462
MichelleL
11 posters

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

What's for dinner? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's for dinner?

Post by mythreesons Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:22 pm

MichelleL-Turned out really well and so did my rolls!!!
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:24 pm

Michelle- Um my lasagna top noodles were totally not done lol and I evven used barilla which is supposed to cook better faster..So luckily hubby was not here at the moment when I discovered they were not done on top so I peeled the whole top layer of noodles off ditched em out and put some more mozzarella on top of the meat and stuff that was under the raw noodles turned oven off and let it sit in there and melt the cheese. Hubby didnt even notice it was different.

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:33 pm

Joy & Michelle - I always use the no cook noodles for lasagna. I take an extra jar of sauce (no meat or anything) and dump it over my top layer then top with cheese, cover with foil and bake. That's even how I did it for catering and they've always turned out fully cooked. Not sure about what's happening to yours....

I do the something similar with frozen ravioli. Spray the dish, dump in the frozen ravioli, dump in a jar of sauce, 1/2 can of water, top with cheese, cover with foil and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.

Another good one is to spray the pan, dump in the frozen ravioli, top with peeled shrimp (tails off), shredded fake crab meat, whatever alfredo sauce you like (I make my own for this), top with mozzerella and parmesan cheese and bake for about 30 minutes. I also had fresh parsley to the top when I have it. Of course if you don't like seafood you could always use grilled chicken. Also, I use the cheese ravioli for this dish.

I don't know if anyone does this but you can bake any pasta noodle from the box. I normally use spirals or penne but you spray your pan, put in the noodles, top with a jar of sauce, a jar of water, and sprinkle some cheese. Cover with foil and cook at 350 for 40 minutes. So easy.....
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:48 pm

I added 2 jars of sauce then some to the lasagna and even some more sauce on top and no luck....Even parts of the bottom layer ended up burning not badly but was crispy and I sprayed with cooking spray and covered bottom with sauce before my first layer of noodles. I mad lasagna before and it turned out awesome with the boil kind.. I am most likely gonna stick with them after all it isnt that much more work to boil just to ensure that they will be cooked on time

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:26 am

Hey My chicken thing turned out pretty yummy. We had it with steamed green beans and a Fudge Bar for dessert. YUMMM
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:29 am

Joy - are you using a glass pan or dark pan?? I always make mine in a dark pan....I don't know if it makes a difference or not but you can't really bake cakes or brownies in glass and have them cook evenly.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:40 am

Tonight I'm making Herb Roasted Chicken and Oven Roasted Potatoes. Logan will be starting a new veggie tonight - Green Beans!!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:46 am

Tonight will either be take out or left overs cuz its Friday, I didnt get any sleep last night (well 3 hours) and I am not cooking!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:56 am

MichelleL - Maybe that's my problem. I always use glass. Because SO barbque's all the time and anytime I buy new baking pans he uses them for his BBQ and they end up all rusty. YUCK! I'm sick of seeing, smelling and trying to wash stupid old rusty pans. Plus you have to line them with foil everytime so your stuff doesn't touch it. It's seriously soooo GHETTO! I never in my life would have kept a rusty pan in my house, but somethings are just not worth fighting over.. LOL

However I did boil my noodles last night and made half my way and half his way.. and it was GOOOD. Just the comfort food I needed. So far, I have no idea what we are having tonight.. probably left overs.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:51 pm

Last night we had Stouffer's Yankee Pot Roast frozen from a bag before we went out. I actually was good and was done in 20 mins.

Tonight was Subway.

Tomorrow crab legs...YUM!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:13 pm

Tonight we had pulled pork sandwiches. I had the pork in the freezer from a while back and thought I'd use it. We also had BBQ chips and fresh pineapple. Brenden had peas, sweet potatoes and strawberry/banana/grape which he didn't like. :-(
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:03 am

MichelleL- I used glass and you know I knew the thing about glass pans cooking different but did not actually link it to that till just now when I read your post....the other time I made it (with the boil noodles) it was in a foil pan and it turned out awesome...I may just give it a try again and use metal pan since I bought 3 boxes of the barilla and only ended up using 1 so far..Good thinking as I would not have linked that to the problem

And Michelle- I totally used glass pans for the same reason because anything barbecue or lasagna is a pain to clean up in a metal pan..but I will use a metal on next time

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:55 am

Michelle & Joy- hopefully the pan was the issue!! Glad to help.....the no cook noodles are so much easier! I always burn my fingers with the boil kind!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:41 am

Sunday Feb 15th

Today we are having quesadillas for lunch and I'm making the coconut shrimp, baked potatoes, and salad for dinner. We didn't have it yesterday because DH got called into work 2 hours early. If anyone is interested in the coconut shrimp recipe I'll be glad to post it. It's comparible to Outback Steak House's coconut shrimp. Anyway, we ended up eating at one of our local BBQ places yesterday.....it was truely one of the fastest lunches I have ever eaten!! LOL
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:09 am

Morning ladies,

I'm was online looking up an easy hollandaise recipe so thought I would check in... Very Happy (good excuse)

I'm getting ready to make eggs benedict and tonight we are having tacos, spanish rice, refried beans....YUM! I could eat Mexican food 7 days a week.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:20 pm

Ok - I made this yesterday for my mom for Valentine's Day:

Grown up Mac & Cheese

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups uncooked Penne pasta
2 TBS margarine or butter
2 TBS all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp white pepper
Dash of Nutmeg
1 1/4 cups fat free half and half
1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese
1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 TBS dry white wine
2 Italian plum tomatoes thinly sliced
1 tsp olive oil
2 TBS sliced green onions

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cook pasta to desired doneness as directed on package and drain.
2. Meanwhile melt the margerine in large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg; cook and stir until bubbly. Gradually add half and half, stirring constantly. Cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in fontina, Swiss and Parmesan cheeses until melted. (Cheeses will be stringy) stir in wine
3. add cooked pasta to the cheese sauce; stir gently to coat. Pour into sprayed dish. Arrange sliced tomatoes around outside edge of dish. Brush tomatoes with oil; spirnkle with green onions.
4. Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are bubbly and mixture is thoroughly heated.

Enjoy!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:02 pm

Last night we went out for dinner. Tonight, my grandmother is taking us out. DH wants to go to TGI Fridays.....
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:18 pm

Last night I worked second and third, so we had left over lasagna...I am exhausted today so we are having chinese takeout!
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

What's for dinner? - Page 4 Empty what's for dinner

Post by redheadmommy Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:36 am

Mmm, I like this topic!! Lol. We're having pineapple pork for supper tonight with brown rice. IT's SO good and it's been a while since I've made it, so I'm looking forward to it. I like getting new ideas for meals, cuz I hate getting into the same food routine!
redheadmommy
redheadmommy

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:52 am

Tonight we are having sloppy jo's, french fries, and fresh pineapple. Brenden is having beef & vegetable, peas & a pineapple to suck on. I'll come back and post the jo recipe once I find it. It's really easy and so much better than manwich.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:11 am

Tonight is steak on the grill...we season it with some Mrs. Dash ( Garlick and Herb variety...I swear we use it on everything) baked potatoes and a salad.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:41 am

Kim we are big on the Mrs Dash as well. We have every flavor except one. We cant find it around here. It has really helped with DH's high blood pressure. I am jealous of the grilling. I love grilled food... and we have a grill. It is just such a pain to use and clean it that we only use it like twice a year. That and its cold outside right now! Brrrr. How do y'all do it? Its way colder up there than it is here.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:17 am

tonight i'm making beef stroganoff. Logan will be having a veggie - don't know which one yet.....
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:26 am

we use our's year round...even shovel a path to it when it snows!...obviuosly we don't stand outside in the cold but it isn't to far from the house and just go in and out to check and flip.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:59 pm

I think we will have chicken stir fry with veggies tonight.

Ingredients:
1 lb (454g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
1 Tbsp. (15mL) vegetable oil
3 cups (720mL) Mixed raw veggies (carrots, broccoli, pea pods, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms,
2 Tbsp. (30mL) Mrs. Dash® Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend
1 tsp (5mL) cornstarch
1 cup (240mL) low sodium chicken broth
2 cups (480mL) instant whole grain rice
2 green onions, sliced
Directions:
Heat skillet over medium-high heat, add vegetable oil. Cook and stir chicken pieces for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is done.
Add veggies and Mrs. Dash® Garlic & Herb and stir fry 1 minute more.
In a separate small bowl slowly add broth to cornstarch while whisking, add to chicken mixture and cook until sauce thickens. Add green onions.
Serve over hot rice.

Its healthy and tasty!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum