Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March Lions and Lambs

+9
jessijennings
ladydy
Kristen
PolloLoco75
MichelleL
rocknrollmommy616
tweetie462
Kim
mythreesons
13 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

March Lions and Lambs - Page 7 Empty Re: March Lions and Lambs

Post by mythreesons Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:52 pm

Good luck Diana!!NGood luck Aubrey!!! Hang in there kiddo!
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:17 pm

We went and it was very uneventful. She looked Aubrey over and said she didn't see any physical characteristics that would lean toward any specific syndrome and there isn't a specific one for her defects so they took blood and are checking for a chromosone defect, it will take approx 3 weeks.
She said if she's eating, not throwing up and going potty she would rather wait on the upper GI, the less radiation the better.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:36 pm

Wow there was quite a few posts... cannot remember each one in exactness so to all the sick kiddos, or mommas I hope you start feeling better soon...Kim glad to see you are choosing to get counseling and help...always remember it takes a stronger person to admit they may have issues and need help then one who does it all and acts like it is a walk in the park.......Diana- glad to hear that the appt went good as far as them not seeing anything that would make them diagnose the problems as the effects of a syndrome..hope everything with the blood tests come back alright as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:19 am

Diana- glad for the most part the apt was uneventful...but coming from a parent in similar shoes it is almost more frustrating to not be able to pinpoint an issue...it leaves so much unknown some. I am glad though that they want to wait to do any extensive testing until she is bigger and better able to tolerate it. I am anxious to see what the bloodwork reveals.

AFM- tonight is my first therapist apt. I am looking forward to it actually. I just feel bad because it makes a long day for my mom today...I work until 3pm so she already has the girls all day and then she might go do a few things and then come back for 5 as my apt is at 5:30
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:21 am

There are so many posts I can't possibly catch up! LOL! Holy cow! I love it!

Kim- Good for you for seeking help. I hope it makes a difference. I've been thinking about it for quite some time but my DH is such a freakin' butt about it. I think I'm just gonna tell him that it's not his decision....and really, it's not. Let us know how it goes!

Diana - Blood work can reveal so much! Please keep us posted! I've been thinking about ya'll alot.

AFM - I'm taking Brenden to the pedi for a follow up on his wheezing. I didn't give him a treatment this morning so she can check him unmedicated. I hope it's gone. He's not liking the treatments so much anymore! LOL! Anyway, yesterday we attempted to go to the zoo. It took an hour to get there, an hour to find a parking spot and the lines were around the block! It was completely INSANE so we ended up finding a picnic table at Hermann Park (which is right outside the zoo) and eating lunch and letting the kids play. They had fun but I was so disappointed! I really wanted to go to the zoo! :-( Who would have thought it would have been that freakin' crowded??? Seriously. Anyway, off we go....have a great Thursday!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:01 am

Morning,

Kim, glad you're getting started so fast. So many times it takes forever to get those appts.
It is such a roller coaster. I'm so glad that they don't think anything is urgent and threatening but on the other hand I want to scream JUST FIGURE OUT WHAT'S UP!!!! They will though, she's in excellent hands.

Michelle, good luck at the pedi. It's funny he figured out that it wasn't a fun thing, they're too smart already. We appreciate all the thoughts!! I'm hoping the bloodwork give them some answers and at the least leads them in a specific direction.

AFM:Aubrey slept really good b/c she was just flat out exhausted from the last two nights. Her stomach is still bothering her, very constipated and gassy, that is our fault b/c we tried to come off the soy but that was very short-lived we're going back. I might try a lactose-free in a month or so. She just doesn't like the taste of the soy.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:41 pm

Diana - glad to hear that things are okay with Aubrey.

Kim - good luck with the therapist - i hope it helps you!

AFM: I'm doing okay - still very drained mentally and tired. It appears that the incision is finally healing (so says DH when he helped me change the dressing/bandage they have me using). I go back next week to the wound clinic and the OB, so we'll see what they say! hopefully it will be all closed and i won't have to worry anymore!

otherwise, nothing else much happening - Logan is just talking up a storm in his swing right now while we're waiting for the bus to drop Jeremy off. Hopefully the rain will go away and the nice weather will come back and stay!! Spring officially arrives tomorrow and I want winter to really be over already!!! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:49 pm

Diana - I'm with ya' on changing formula. We tried to change from the hypoallergenic back to the sensitive awhile back. It made sense because he is eating all kinds of foods and tolerating them fabulously....well....I guess that doesn't mean a thing when it comes to formula. It just wasn't worth the gas and stomach ache he had. I'm just gonna suck up $400 a month and keep buying the Alimentum until he's 1 and can have milk.

Elise - So glad your incision is healing! I hope you get some really nice weather very soon!!!

AFM- Brenden is all clear! No more treatments! I'm turning off his humidifier tomorrow and putting it away! He was so happy at the doctor...like he knew he was gonna be given the green light for his old life back! LOL! We are headed to the space center tomorrow. Hopefully we don't have the same experience as we did with the zoo! Sponge Bob is suppose to be there and they are having a pirate exhibit so I know it will be fun! If I can just get DH to get off my back things would be so much better. I don't know what's wrong with him but he seems to wanna have an opinion or comment about every single thing. It's driving me nuts. I told him that he should start deciding which battles he wants to argue because all of this nit picking is only gonna make us both miserable. All of this crap started when I sold my shop and began staying home. It's like he thinks he's the Godfather or something because he brings home the bacon. I admit I am a little sensitive about it but crying out loud...it's like he wants to run everythhing. We even got into an arguement because he thought I should be using the "heated dry" on the dishwasher.....WTF? Why would he care about that??? When the pollen hit my van was covered in yellow dust, like everything was, and he said you need to wash the van. I just looked at him. Then the next day it was "you need to go to Mr. CarWash" as Dawson and I were headed to the mall. When I get in the van to leave he has a coupon from Mr. CarWash sitting on my seat. Then he had the nerve to get mad when I came back and the van was still yellow. It's my van. If I want to drive it dirty then it's gonna be dirty. Why does he care? He drives his truck, not my van. Thanks for letting me vent! It's been on my mind for awhile....
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:04 pm

MichelleL-Aww girl! Im sorry that he's being a PITA! Like you don't have enough going on! I'm here of ya need to chat!

AF the rest of you ladies- I will try and catch up tomorrow on posts...Sorry my brain is a bit fried.Still not feeling 100% from being sick the other day and I really don't have time to feel crappy...I have a blue/gold scouts dinner saturday in which I have to bake brownies for about 50 people(MichelleL got any good ideas how I can do that inexpensively????) Sunday my mom and stepdad are coming over to celebrate my birthday early and then they're keeping the kids so DH and I can go out to dinner and a movie since we didn't get to go last weekend and its to celebrate our anniversary.I'm also supposed to be baking bread for the spaghetti dinner at ODS school next thursday(not sure how I got roped in to that one).OMG I need a clone to be able to get anything done!!!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:48 am

Elise adn Kim- I have batteld depression on and off my whole life and let em tell you medication if necessary is not a sign of weakness or anything bad. It is asign of taking care fo yourself so good for you adn elise you might consider looking into it while you can? the way you describe being so overwhelmed is how I was feeling until i got some medication from my doctor and it has made a world of difference. life hasn't changed but my ability to maintain adn not just meltdown has gotten much more managable.
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:15 am

TGIF Ladies!

My brain is so fried right now I wont be able to do personals. I have read everything I just cant remember... Isnt that sad!
Well things here at work are still so busy for me. I love that now that we are short handed we all have to work more... except I am the only one in the office. I am also still sick and need to go to the doctor. I think I might have pharengitis. I had it as a kid and right now everything symptom wise is the same. Nate is now sick. His cough is so croupy now that when he breathes you hear every breath. He is weezy and raspy too. He didnt sleep well last night and is running a low grade fever like 99.8 so I am calling the doc here to try and make him an appointment for today. Hopefully I will be able to go to it too. DH has said he could take him but as a mommy I want to be there.
Dont get me wrong I am thankful I have a job to complain about but geeze they are killing me.

Ok off to go and do more work.

Take care Ladies!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:06 am

Amy-Poor you and poor Nate! How'd you take his temp?Just curious if that was done rectally or not.I hope you guys can get in to the doctor. I hate that croupy cough. ODS gets it like twice per year. Sometimes it goes away as the day goes on and I know it was just from him sleeping and sometimes it doesn't go away.He usually needs steroids to get him over it. Let us know how everything goes!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:43 pm

Well Nate has been to the Doctor and I didnt get to go. Crying or Very sad It turns out he has bronchitis. Yeah! This also means I probably have bronchitis. He is now on Nebulizer treatments 4 times a day. I hear he hates it. DH said the Dr likes the babies breathing to be at 98% and he is at 96% wich is just on the border of being a serious issue. This is coming from my DH so I am not truly clear on everything right now. He also cant go back to daycare until Monday. Oh but his nebulizer is a penguine and the mask is a dinosaur so my DH is happy with that.

Shannon - I took his temp with a temporal artery thermometer. It works pretty good and its quick and easy.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:55 pm

Poor Nate!Luc's nebulizer has a penguin mask too.Yup they hate it but i helps. I hold Luc with his back to my chest and my mouth near his ear and sing.Thats the only way to keep him somewhat happy...Hope you guys all feel better!

AFM- Well ODS and DS#2 both have colds and runny noses.No fevers though at this point. So far Luc is ok other than he won't let me out of his sight and still hates naps during the day...I hate when DS#2 gets a cough.His is always tight and takes forever to loosen up...Today is the first day that I feel basically back to normal.I'm irritated with things happening around here but that's not unusual.I'm feeling like I stretched myself way to thin between scouts, and the PTO(for school) and then t-ball is starting oh yeah and not to mention it's show season for the guinea pigs...Why oh why do I do this to myself? Man I need a margarita...Could someone who isn't bf'ing please drink a few for me?
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:30 pm

Eileen - So good to see you! Well....good to read your typing! LOL! I agree with everything you said! Meds can make a difference and definately do not mean you are weak....but a stronger person for recognizing you need help! ;-)

Amy - I'm sure work is getting harder....it sucks when people lose their jobs because the actual job still has to be done! Sorry to hear about Nate's bronchitis! Geesh....it's like a vicious circle of sickness going around our group! I wonder if we can get it by typing back and forth?? LOL!

Shannon - Brownies are cheap. I'd buy 3 boxes of Walmart brand mix's and bake them in foil lined pans sprayed with Pam so you can get them out easy and cut them. Always chill them first....makes it easier. Add an extra egg to each box and they will be cake like and bigger. You should be able to do this for under $5. 3 mixes, 12 eggs, and some oil. I'd dust them with confectioners sugar or a thin coat of pourable icing. Unless you wanna make your own icing....but they are for kids and kids will love them regardless! LOL! If you want my real brownie recipe with fabulous icing let me know....I'd be glad to post it. ;-)

AFM - We went to Houston Space Center today! It was a blast....even with DH being a PITA. I had to get mad and loud in there which embarressed him so he straightened right up.....just like a kid. Aw well! They had a pirate show and Spongbob appearance. Dawson and Brenden both loved it! We've been gone all day and I'm now doing laundry so I don't have to do it tomorrow. I might do a little shopping tomorrow, I need some shirts for summer, but we ordered the windows for our house last week so I might just wear the stuff from 2 years ago....who knows!!! LOL! Hope ya'll have a great weekend and stay or get well! -Michelle
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:56 pm

MichelleL- Oh yes pretty please with powdered sugar on top!!! Could I have the recipe? I think I'm just dreading making them and going to the dinner...The scout leader is nice but very very disorganized so I'm expecting this to be a big headache...sigh...

Eileen- I meant to post this before but got busy...I took meds to help with my depression before. I totally don't think they are a sign of weakness or anything. Mine however didn't seem to help me much don't know if it was the dose or what.But I hated how I felt if I missed more than a day or two(like if I ran out and hadn't gotten it filled yet)! It was terrible...But I've seen them work wonders for people who otherwise couldn't have made it through a day...
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:31 pm

Here ya' go Shannon! These are the BEST brownies! I would change them up with peanut butter frosting sometimes but usually I would do the chocolate and they sold like hot cakes in my shop.....and I always cut them Texas size LOL! I aquired this recipe years ago and don't remember where it came from so I can't give credit to the original baker except to say I didn't create the actual recipe myself. :-(

1/2 cup butter, softned
1 cup sugar
4 eggs
1 - 16oz can Hershey's syrup (no subs)
1 t vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 t salt

Glaze:
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup milk
2/3 cup Hershey's semi sweet choc chips (no subs)
2/3 cup mini marshmallows

Cream butter and sugar until light & fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one. Beat in syrup and vanilla. Add flour and salt just until blended. Pour into a foiled and sprayed 15X10 baking pan. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Cool for about 15 minutes. For the glaze, combine sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and add stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows until it's all melted together. Pour over brownies and chill for about 30 minutes before cutting.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:58 pm

Wow I was not even planning on making any brownies anytime soon but that recipe sounds delicious I just may have to try it really soon..

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:42 am

hey ladies, i am on my rotation off...I had yesterday, today and tomorrow. My apt went really well, it is nice to unload some things. All day yesterday i spent going through clothes, the girls and mine...Landree is so long her 3-6 month clothes were starting to look like capris so I switched her's out with her 6-9 month clothes. I also started taking the things down that weren't going to be staying in their room when we redo it. I can't wait for that. We have a birthday party for a 5 year old today, and then one for a three year old tomorrow plus dinner at my Dad's...so it should be a busy, fun weekend.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:51 am

Good morning,

Kim, glad u'r appt went well. It does sound like you are going to have a busy weekend and that u've been motivated. I haven't even put my maternity clothes away yet, they're still hanging in my closet.

Michelle, that recipe does sounds delicious. I'll be writing that one down too.

AFM:I have this headache that I just can not shake and it's driving me crazy. As soon as I think it's going away something triggers it. It's not a full blown migraine but it did make me sick a couple times yesterday. I just want it to go away!!!
Tonight we are going to a trivia night. I have 3 older sisters so all 4 of us and our husbands are going. It should be fun even though I'm terrible at trivia. One of my BIL's is so funny, he thinks we're so diverse that we're going to win...I hate to tell him there are really intelligent people that go to these things....I could care less about winning, I just enjoy hanging with the family.
Have a great Saturday ladies!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:37 am

hello ladies, wow so many posts i can't even ketch up right now sorry!!! I have been sick and working still. I found otu i have sleep appnea finallya fter my sleep study results came back. i go in april for the machine i have to get. suposedly i wake up on average 20 times an hour which is pretty bad i guess no wonder ia m so exhausted all teh time!...lol so hopefully the machine will amke a huge difference. Daniel is eating liek a champ and growing i posted a bunch of pics on my facebook. my 3 yr old is driving me nuts he is all oif a sudden determined to get into everythign and cause as much caos as possible. i think it is a phase called 3 yrs old...lol anyways sorry i have been so MIA jsut busy with school, work being sick adn home life. miss you all!!!

Diana-how did the VCUG go? I didn't see anythign about it. my three yr old has to ahve one done soon here and I am dreading it!!!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am

Hey Eileen, good to hear from you. Glad you found out about your sleep apnea. You will probably feel like a whole new person once you get your machine and get some good rest.
Aubrey has kidney relux, grade 5, which is the worst in their grading scale, so they have her on anitbiotics now to see if they can hold her off without infection until 18 months before doing surgery. There is still a 10-20% chance she could grow out of that which of course we're hoping for.
The way I understood them if she still gets infection(s) while on the meds they would do the surgery earlier. She goes for a follow up in May. After the procedure she had a fever and felt terrible for about 24hrs. Did that happen to your DD? I was worried they triggered another UTI but she broke the fever and has been fine.

AFM: We had so much fun at our trivia night last night. It was a riot and we were terrible..... We're off today to the mall and to see my step-sister, she's at my mom's for the weekend. She hasn't seen Aubrey yet.
Have a great Sunday!!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:45 pm

Eileen - 20 times an hour??? You're gonna feel like a new woman when you get that machine! :-)

Diana - Trivia night sounds fun!!! We've been so busy lately we've lost touch with the few friends we have in Houston. Well, Dh has friends and I have friends but we only have a few "couple" friends. It's nothing like back home where we have tons of couple friends and our kids are friends too. Kinda makes me homesick...

Kim - I can't wait to see pics of the girls' new room! It's gonna be so adorable! When you're finished going thru clothes you can come down here and go thru Dawson's closet....I think he's still got some 4T's in there! LOL I went thru my clothes and I've got FOUR LARGE TRASH BAGS full of size 18 bottoms (jeans, shorts capris) and size 20 tops. I'm sending them to the GoodWill I guess.

Joy - If you get a chance to try the brownies you should do so! They are really good and hit the chocolate spot just right! ;-)

AFM - We are kinda laying low today. Laundry and cleaning. We did go to Long John Silvers for lunch and then to look for a new cabinet to put our tv on. Brenden rolled across my living room early this morning. We are talking about 20 foot. My DH picked out this glass and silver tv stand when we bought our 60" tv 2 years ago and that stand just isn't sturdy enough for my tastes. I mean it's fine if no one is going to be pulling up on it but I just know Brenden is gonna be headed for the tv and end up getting hurt. So I've been looking for a solid wood taller type stand and finally found one today! WOOHOO! That glass thing just scares the crap out of me! Anyway, I'm so relieved I found something safer and that I actually like! DH is still being a PITA but not as bad as the other day. I think he gets worried when I get quiet. LOL! Well off to cleaning I go while the little one is asleep. He kept me up all night! He wanted to be rocked from10pm -11pm and after eating at 2:30 he didn't wanna go back to sleep so I was in and out of a light sleep from about 3am until I finally woke DH at 7 to take him so I could rest......I didn't crawl out of bed until 10. Dawson was about to have a heart attack as I had told him last night we would make cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Poor kid had to eat cereal on Sunday morning. He always looks forward the the big sunday breakfast but thankfully this morning he understood! Have a great last few hours of the weekend ladies!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:15 pm

Eileen- Sleep Apnea is a bad thing...My sister who had the gastric was up today and we got on the subject of her snoring and stuff and she mentioned when she went in for the sleep study the first time she was not able to sleep very well and ended up leaving it early..then they tried it again and hooked her up to the CPAP machine and monitored her and although on that she slept like a baby I guess they counted 491 times that she stopped breathing in a 6 hours time span that she was there...scary stuff.. I am glad you are taking steps in the right direction and getting the CPAP machine so you can use it.. I agree also that you probably will sleep a whole lot better....Your case does not sound as scary as hers though so that's a good thing in itself...

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:19 am

Eileen- sleep apnea is deffinitly some scary stuff with DH's results, he had stopped breathing on an average of once every few minutes...they ranged from 10 second to 74 seconds!!!! Do you have blood pressure issues at all? Many people with apnea do, because when you stop breathing you heart works harder therefore causing your blood pressure to rise. Using the CPAP machine should help with your BP too as your heart will no longer have to work as hard.

Michelle- we have had to remove lots of furniture from our house do to the kids...our house is small, so when McKenna started walking we had to take out the coffee table because she kept banging into it...and then the side table went because she became a monkey and would climb them and jump!

Diana- glad you had a fun time!!!! I wish we got out more.

AFM- we really had a lot of fun this weekend, both parties were great. At yesterday's party they had Deigo make an appearance...McKenna was infatuated with him...it was so funny.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next