Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weight Loss/Healthy Challenge

+6
ladydy
MichelleL
tweetie462
mythreesons
jessijennings
Kristen
10 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Weight Loss/Healthy Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Weight Loss/Healthy Challenge

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:26 am

Ok so I have a question...what are the guidelines as far as the GD diet...I may have to give this a try and see if it may work for me although it may be a bit hard to do since dh is picky eater but I so wanna lose the weight.. I am also posting my long avoided post pregnancy shot on that thread...I should have done it shortly after delivery when I was only 239 instead of my present 250-255ish ah well

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:15 am

Ok, so I weighed myself yesterday and I lost 3 lbs! But then I probably gained it back at the three Easter meals I went to. This week is spring vacation-I'm hoping to get walking and work on eating better.
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:02 pm

DH an I started are diets this morn. I forgot to weigh in before my breakfast and a pot of coffee but afterwards it was 244.

Dh is all psyched and I'm so afraid we're going to fail AGAIN. Even though I did it alone before DH the two of us together in the past have been so bad for each other. Neither one of us will tell the other NO!!! We're going to try to be strong this time around.

Joy, you should be able to look up the GD diet. I wasn't ever on it but I think it's pretty much cutting out sugar and bad carbs that turn to sugar.
I know Michelle and Kim can help you out for sure.

Kristen, way to go for the 3#'s, hopefully you kept it off.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:59 pm

Joy- the whole idea behind the GD diet is carb control, you are only allowed a certain amount per meal, and depending on what the meal is depends on how many you get...I can deffinitly give you more info if you are really interested.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:11 am

I weighed in and I am 253 right now...

Kim- Yes I am interested I really wanna do something about this weight I have.. I know it is gonna be hard to follow but I have to try something..and I don't have money for gym memberships or diet meds( usually for most they don't work anyways). I tried looking up online about the gd diet but mostly it is sites talking about the diets but I did not run across one that gave specifics for it or anything... too bad they messed with our BC forums I think you ladies talked quite a bit about it there..I'd look it up there if it was still up and running.. Any info would be very helpful Kim... Thanks a bunch!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:11 am

Joy- I have got lots to do today...but tomorrow is my double at work so I will have lots of computer time..I will type out what my general guidlines were then.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:02 am

Kim- Alright that would be awesome...no need to rush really quick as I don't think my pounds are going anywhere too quickly...lol...But thanks a bunch again for taking time to type the stuff out for me Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:52 pm

Alright so the weigh in was today and I weighed myself I am 253lbs.......Ya'll ladies must be super busy today.....

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:47 pm

last monday morn i weighed in at 244 but i forgot to weigh in 1st thing in the morning so i weighed again on tuesday morn and I was at 239, this morning 234..so I'm going to use Tuesday morns 239 - this morn 234 so 5#'s. hopefully it's not a fluke b/c DH an I have been really good about sticking to our diets this past week.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:00 am

Diana- Yay for 5# you are doin well already..I think my loss is only 1# which isn't really a big thing considering you can gain a lb just by drinking quite a bit of water...and lose a lb by peeing a few times lol

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:42 am

My weight flucuates terribly from day to day. I also get on the scale way too often, dieting or not.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:48 am

Hey ladies!
Great job!
Diana- Yay for 5 lbs! That's great!

Joy- a lb is a lb, at least it's not a lb gained!!

I'm with Joy- I lost 1 lb which brings me to a total of 4 lbs- but honestly last week was rough because I had the week off, so I'm just happy I didn't gain. My weight is 242. I started at 246- ( I think I posted 245, I honestly forgot it was 246 until I looked at the little notepad I'm using to track the weight loss).

Have a great week ladies!!
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:19 am

i weighed myself this morning...237.6 whoo hoo! having a sore throat for a week had to be good for something! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:51 am

I weighed in at 239 this morning. It's hard to lose weight when you have company....especially when your baking bread and making homemade cinnamon rolls. I should have more will power but I don't...not when it comes to any kind of good bread. I've decided to keep a food log like I did when I was pregnant....it really helps to look back at what I ate the day before so I can make the present day a little better.

Joy - Kim is really good at explaining the GD diet. She helped me tremendously. The best advice I can give is what worked for me....and it is a little different from one to another. 15g = 1 CARB and 7g = 1 PROTEIN . The entire diet is about linking the carbs and proteins. For every carb you eat you wanna have 1 protein. You also want to limit carbs per meal and eat 6 mini meals a day. So I would have breakfast #1 (at 7am) with 1 CARB and 2 protein, breakfast #2 (at 10am) with 2 carbs and 2 proteins, lunch (noonish) with 2 carbs and 3 proteins, afternoon snack (about 3pm) with 1 carb and 2 proteins, dinner (6pm) with 3 carbs and 3 proteins, evening snack (9pm) 1 carb and 1 protein. All veggies except corn, peas, carrots are free foods. It sounds hard, but if you write out a menu and fill in the blanks you can do it. I had quite a bit more protein then the diet called for but I am insulin resistant even when I'm not pregnant and the extra protein (as long as it's lean protein) really made a difference in my blood sugars. My favorite lunch was a huge salad with turkey, ham and cheddar cheese. I also learned it I put the dressing on the salad and toss it up then I could actually get away with 2T of dressing and the salad would feel coated. I am eating a lot of sugar free yogurt, light cheeses, and vegetables. While I was pregnant I didn't really watch the fat content or calories but this time around I am watching fat but not calories....I can only count so many numbers to eat a meal. Then it just turns into too much work and I give up. I hope I explained that okay.....
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:24 am

Elise- Yay on the loss!!!!
Diana- I am so with you on weighing myself too many times..seriously unless I am in a hurry like cooking or something every time I go into the bathroom no matter the reason I weigh myself.. like today when I got up weighed myself went pee weighed self got ready to take shower weighed self went p a few more time throughout day and weighed self.. I dunno what I am thinking by doing that.. I guess its just a habit..but I so wanna see the number decreasing so maybe in my brain somewhere I am thinking the more times I step on the scale the more lbs I will drop I don't know...I know I am silly..but so serious..

Michelle I will write down what you wrote up there and try to go by that..I think Kim has been super busy lately...with work and the girls and stuff and all those doubles its enough to make ones head spin.. I 'll have to get some salad and when I feel like snacking on something pull that out instead of the bad bad foods...I got some carrots already in the fridge but no lite ranch to go with..argh.. I can't wait for constant warm weather.... I wanna walk!

AFM- I went back and checked what my first weight was and it was 253 that I posted so I have not lost nor gained...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:28 am

Oh forgot to add thank you for posting your guidelines Michelle!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari7779 Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:04 pm

can i join? i really need to get on the loser bench...i have not exercised since before i got pregnant and cant let go of the snacking since being pg..so ive been stuck between 240-245 since the birth of the twins. This is my lowest i have been in years but im still about 90 lbs away from my goal and doctors goal.

What im focusing on is more protein, less carbs, more water, only 1 snack day..hopefully going from fulltime to part time i will get more time to exercise and the weather getting nice. Dh set up our back room with treadmill and weights to get me ready!!

last week weight: 241
current weight: 243
goal for this week: -2 lbs

GOOD LLUCK
Mari7779
Mari7779

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:24 am

Alright so when I weighed in this morning before church I weighed 251lbs so thats a 2 lb loss.. I have been trying to count the carbs more but I have also been trying to eat salads more often esp before dinner that way I end up eating less of dinner which is way more likely to cause me to either not lose or gain even more..its hard to count and prepare each meal around less carbs constantly though because my dh is so darn picky about what foods he eats...so we have normal dinners its just I eat a decent size salad beforehand and less of whats for dinner...oooops I am repeating myself lol alright...time for me to hush...

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:11 am

Great job Joy! That's a great start!

Maribel- Of course you can join us, the more the merrier!!

Well I gained 1 lb. this week. But it's ok, it could have been worse! Plus I have a renewed need and want to lose! I had to get a tetanus shot on Friday because I poked my finger with a nail from a fence and the nurse went to get the blood pressure cuff and in a nice way said, "I need the bigger one." He didn't mean for it to be rude, but it for really bothered me. So, I bought very healthy things for this week, and dh and I plan to start the week off good with walking the baby tonight.

Have a great week ladies!!
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:03 am

well, it was great to have lost weight - but i weighed myself this morning and i was back up to 241 - i know some of it is because i had clothes on, but most of it is from the crazy eating last week with Rayna in the hospital! Hopefully, this week will be a better eating week - especially since we cleaned out the grill yesterday and therefore we'll be grilling more frequently!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:15 am

i weighed myself yesterday and was down 1lb. that was frustrating since i did exactly the same thing 2 weeks in a row and the first week was 5lbs.
AF was here so maybe that's the culprit, but I have my water bottle and I'm trying hard to finish 3 of them a day... 96oz. when i was pg i drank SO much water i could float and i've been so bad since having her.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:28 am

Diana- You could be right sometimes there is bloating and extra water that ends up being retained during AF so you may get the big decrease after AF leaves and takes with her the bloating and water retention... I too have been trying to keep up good water consumption ever since the bladder infection..sometimes it is hard to drink so much water in a days time other days it is a breeze...

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:41 pm

Joy-I sure am hoping that's the problem... I think you have me beat with the scale obssession, for sure, couple times a day for me but I think I do it for the same reasons.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Mon May 04, 2009 11:11 am

I'm at 231.5 this week that's 1.5 down....and I'm counting the .5 lol
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon May 04, 2009 4:38 pm

good for you diana! I didn't have the nerve to weigh myself yesterday or today! i'm too scared to know what the number is!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next