Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weight Loss/Healthy Challenge

+6
ladydy
MichelleL
tweetie462
mythreesons
jessijennings
Kristen
10 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Weight Loss/Healthy Challenge - Page 3 Empty Re: Weight Loss/Healthy Challenge

Post by MichelleL Mon May 04, 2009 7:59 pm

I'm with you Elise! I"m not looking....it's never what I want it to be....
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 05, 2009 12:32 am

My weigh in today( I know its late but I have been so crazy busy lately I haven't been here in almost a week) is 248.8 and thats with AF visiting(hoping when she leaves the number may drop a bit) so thats like 5.5lbs down so far since we started this thread..I've been really trying to not drink soda much and I've always drank decent amounts of water daily. I've been trying to eat a decent size salad before dinner that way I am not eating too much of anything else that would be more likely to cause me to pack on the pounds... I am also trying to keep an eye on how much carbs are in things too. I can't really change what I cook for dinner because dh is so darn picky so thats why I opted for the salad beforehand that way I get almost completely satisfied by that.. I am loving the nicer weather too I try to get walks in as much as possible but sometimes thats not always possible with daily duties for the house and taking care of kids and everything..

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue May 05, 2009 8:15 am

that's great Joy! that's also a good way to cut down on the other foods. i've been really trying to watch the carbs and it's funny how when i was 30 then pounds shed from watching carbs, now that i'm 40, not so much! it's a much slower pace and it's so frustrating.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Tue May 05, 2009 8:55 am

Diana- I'd count the .5 too! I wish I had even that this week!

Joy- Yay for 5 lbs. I've been trying to stay away from the soda too.

So I weighed myself and no loss, no gain. My huge problem is dinner. I do great during the day, but I'm starving when I get home and get things ready for the next day. So by dinner time my portions are way too big. I think I need to start having a quick fruit or healthy snack right away.

Good luck this week!
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue May 05, 2009 9:40 am

Kristen, staying the same is not a bad thing.....
I bought a 32 oz water bottle to help provoke me to drink more water. I don't know what my problem is b/c water is what quenches my thirst most. I get to work and I'll have a cup or two of coffee and then alot of times I won't drink anything til lunchtime and there sits my water bottle.
My primary care dr actually suggested a diet soda or fruit between work and dinner to curb the appetite. Now that DH is working and going to school we eat dinner at 5 so my problem is after dinner all evening at home alone. I usually will have some sugar-free jello or a few nuts for a snack.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2009 3:09 am

Kristen- You should try eating a large salad to hold you off till dinner like I do that way when dinner gets done you are less likely to over indulge since you will have had a large salad.. And mix it up with turkey or ham shredded cheese cucumbers tomatoes whatever you want just so that it does not get to be boring or bland quickly.. I actually look forward to eating my daily salad and it does help me to not eat as much at dinner...I also agree with Diana that staying steady no gain or loss is not a bad thing at all....

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Wed May 06, 2009 8:33 am

Thanks for the tips ladies, I'll try them!!
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Thu May 07, 2009 9:57 pm

I weighed myself yesterday and I'm fatter Sad I'm at 338 now
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 08, 2009 3:03 am

Aww Jessi...Don't beat yourself up its a struggle for us all....the worst part is that it add on quite easily but is harder than anything to get rid of...In time it will happen we're all in this together through gains and losses...

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Fri May 08, 2009 8:34 am

Yes, Jessi, it's so frustrating but don't stress over it, it only makes it worse. It's hard when u have things going on.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Fri May 08, 2009 12:29 pm

Jessi- I agree with Joy and Diana! Try not to stress even though you're frustrated! Instead focus on today and from there on!
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Fri May 08, 2009 3:16 pm

Jessi - i'm with everyone else - life gets in the way of all of our plans and good intentions! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2009 12:52 am

Well I don't have amazing results as far as weight loss this week...partially because my salad supply went bad 3 days before it was supposed to so I have not gotten a chance to pick more up at the store.. I was a bit miffed about it too..stuff has an exp date of May 12th and yet it expired on the 8/9...What the heck...so I have been eating a bit more of reg food than what I did in the week prior ... Will have to get more salad mix tomorrow...maybe I ll just buy the heads of lettuce those stay fresh longer than the bagged stuff anyways...my weight this morning was 247.6 so down about a lb from last week... I am hoping for a nice warm-up so I can get walking also..

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Mon May 11, 2009 5:19 pm

Joy, that's great!!

Well, I was worried b/c we had such a busy eating weekend and Sun morn I weighed myself and I was the same as last week. This morning I weighed myself and the scale says I'm up 4 lbs. I'm not sure how you gain 4 in one day...so who knows. Heck all I had for mother's day off my diet was a small piece of coconut cream pie and a small piece of pineapple cake. Other than that I was good...and 4 lbs...oh well.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 12, 2009 3:15 am

Diana- Maybe you are retaining water a bit? Don't feel bad though I am a lb heavier than what I was yesterday when I posted...back to 248.6 again... I am sure the number will drop down by this sunday or monday whichever day you post it on... I try to on Sunday night but in most cases by the time I get on its already after midnight so its technically early Monday morning... Alright enough rambling I have to get to bed now...Oh and awesome job on sticking to your diet during mothers day...that takes a lot of self control sometimes when you see all the yummy things that are laid out on the tables...I know it does for me so I end up sampling just a little bit so I don't feel ripped off that I couldn't have any..

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Tue May 12, 2009 10:15 am

oops- I totally forgot to weigh in this week. Sorry. I had Friday and Monday off and with the busy day on Sunday, I just forgot!

Great job Joy and Diana!

Diana- a piece of cake here or there I think is a good thing. If I hold back too much then I go nuts when I do go off the diet.

Joy- A pound is a pound good for you!!
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue May 12, 2009 11:37 am

Oh definitely...it was mother's day and I was eating the cake for sure. Well today the scale was back down 2#'s so it must be some water. I'm not going to fret over it.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2009 12:54 am

See I told you thats probably what it was!!! Yay for 2#down

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Sun May 17, 2009 6:33 pm

229 for me this morning...
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Mon May 18, 2009 10:28 am

Diana you are doing awesome!!!
I am down 4 lbs total. I'm trying to get really serious this week! So I'm 242.
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Mon May 18, 2009 10:28 am

my 4lbs is total from the beginning of this, I've been up and down lately
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon May 18, 2009 4:09 pm

I keep forgetting to weigh myself - I'll try and remember to do it tomorrow morning before i get dressed.....
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 4:27 am

well mine is still steady between 247 and 248 not sure what the deal is but....

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue May 19, 2009 1:07 pm

for me this time is b/c DH is doing it with me. everytime i tried w/o him didn't work b/c we both love food and he would let me give in so easy.
we are doing southbeach which if you read the book can seem kind of like a PITA but really it's basically a lower calorie adkins and then you bring in more carbs than adkins in whole grains and berries.
last night however i had a much needed night out so I had chips, salsa, guac, rice, tortillas and MARGARITAS!!!! all the bad stuff and it was wonderful.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2009 11:38 pm

I weighed myself just now and I weigh 246.4lbs I think thats about a lb and a hlaf down from the last time I posted..If not you can correct me... I need to get back into walking again and doing the whole salad stuff....It made me a bit envious of my sister though when I was down there considering she has lost 76lbs thus far and they think she may lose another 30lbs yet....and other than all the surgery chaos and only being able to eat 2-3 oz food 5-6 times a day she has not really exercised to lose any of it...argh I have to work at losing a few pounds.....alright don't mind me I am just on a rant but will stop now...later mommas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next