Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October mommies - *September(almost there!)*

+14
Kristen
nursejessicadavis
mythreesons
ladydy
Mari7779
jessijennings
Kim
eileen bauer
PolloLoco75
eve2008
tweetie462
mnelson80
RobbieandLexisMommy
rocknrollmommy616
18 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

October mommies - *September(almost there!)* - Page 7 Empty Re: October mommies - *September(almost there!)*

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:19 am

Good Morning Oct. and SEPT Mommies!

Wow- I have been swamped all weekend and unable to post I missed so much! I dont have time to catch up with everyone but...

Bekah! I am so sorry about Bonnie! I know its hard when you lose a loved one. Furry or not.
I am however very happy you will be meeting your LO tomorrow! I cant believe it! Congrats Girl! I am just a wee bit jealous but OMG I am so happy for you! Let me know if you need anything or whatever. I mean I am one exit from you - that is like 5 minutes. You must let us know how it goes and share tons of pictures when you are settled.

Shannon - I swear you arent saving your drama for your mamma... it is your mamma (this week anyway). I am so happy she is ok. I cant believe being hit by an 18 wheeler and being ok. I swear someone is looking after her and you and your family. Please put your self in a giant sumo suit and only leave the couch to go to the bathroom and get something to eat. Oh and I guess to go to the hospital. Wink Wow!

Kim - I am sorry you are still just hanging out. Landree needs to get her little tushy in gear and demand her entrance.

AFM - Talk about a whirlwind weekend. So Saturday we had the all day CPR / infant care class. That was very educational. My husband now feels like he is an expert on all things baby because we have some pamphlets and he has read them and can spout out the info. It is so funny. Well, we found out we shouldnt have our crib next to a window. Well we do and its the only place in the room the crib will fit. So DH is freaking out that we are going to kill our kid because there are curtains on the window. So he has agreed to wait to freak out on this until Nate is actually sleeping in the crib and able to pull himself up. I just dont know what we are going to do then. OH and DH got the car seat installed in my car with the extra base installed in his car. Now he is working on getting them inspected at the hospital. He is becoming very productive! Very Happy

Sunday - We had lunch with FIL like usual. Then we went to BRU and tried to buy a glider. All of the ones we liked were out of stock or discontinued. So we are waiting for one to come in October 5th. Well we couldnt leave with nothing - so of course we had to buy more baby stuff. All needed of course. Then we get home and start laundry. The bug then hits us to totally rearrange the bedroom so we can get the Pack-n-play in there to use as a bassinet. Then we cleaned out our closet did some more space bagging. Organized the baby's room some more. Took out the trash, cleaned the kitchen, had dinner, more laundry and passed out. Oh I also started packing my bag. DH wants me to get that done now. LOL... I swear one class and he is now all about it.

I am also now debating (again) on if I should schedule my induction/c-section. It is so hard. If I do I want to schedule it on 10/16 which is only 5 days before my due date. Infact the 16th is my original due date that my Dr changed to the 21st. I have I guess come to the conclusion that I dont think this LO is going to flip. He is too big and too comfy breech. So I dont know what to do. My DA is tomorrow so I have until then to decide. That and I would be able to know when my last day of work was going to be as well as when I would be coming back to work.

Anywho I guess that is all for now. Anyone I didnt get to with personals I hope you are doing well. I have read all the posts I just havent had time to reply.

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

October mommies - *September(almost there!)* - Page 7 Empty Re: October mommies - *September(almost there!)*

Post by Kim Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:38 am

hey I just wanted to let everyone know I heard from Michelle (Chayce) and I wanted to copy the email she sent to me...

WE FINALLY HAVE POWER!!!! OMG! I can not tell you how I will NEVER take a hot shower, a/c, or the local news for granted EVER again! This has been a life changing experience for me and my family. My dr appointment is tomorrow and she will check for dialation. If I am soft/dialated I check into the hospital for induction on Wednesday if not it will be tomorrow night. Praise God that our power came on last night.....I really didn't know how I was going to be able to care for a newborn in Texas heat with no power! I haven't made it back to the boards...had 32 emails on this account when I logged on so I'm slowly sifting through everything. All of our house cleaning and preparation have been ruined because the windows have been open since the storm so there is a lot to be done today! I hope you are well. How is your LO baking? It's sooooo close..... -Michelle

Wow, this will be a big week for October babies...Bekah, Michelle (chayce) and Elise are all set to be going this week!!! Congrats ladies.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:41 am

Bekah - sorry about the loss of your dog - i know it's tough...and now you get to meet your LO...congrats! you'll be delivering 2 days before me -- my c/s is scheduled for thurs and i just can't wait! i'm so ready for this one to arrive...

AFM - tomorrow is my LAST NST and DA -- as of Fri, the LO is still breech - so good thing i was already scheduled for a c/s--- first of my kids to be breech...hmm...wonder if that means this will be the most stubborn or the most easy-going....we'll just have to wait and see!! I have my bag almost all packed - just a few odds and ends to throw in and I just have to finish getting stuff together for the other 2 kids while i'm in the hospital....okay - time to get stuff done before i go pick up DD at pre-school

stay well everyone!!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:55 pm

Oh I need to pack that bag.. it seems my dh has formed a block every time I say I want his help packing that darn bag he remembers like five things he needs to be doing !
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:06 pm

Jessi- Girl, my advice is just to pack it on your own...Only you know what kinds of things you'd like to have in there.You're too close to your due date not to have it ready to go.Besides then you can rub it in his face when you have it done...Sorry am a bit grumpy about men right now...But seriously, don't wait for his help, you can always tell him what you have packed so far and ask if he can think of anything else that may be needed....Good luck!
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:35 pm

Ugh.. the bags. I have my travel size things packed, but that's about it. I'm still haven't gotten the baby clothes washed and I don't have my own clothes in the bad either. I should also buy some new jammies to take with me, but the though of trying anything on at this point just does not sound fun.

I'll do it though..

I think the baby finally dropped down. Even though I shouldn't say it. I'm so sick of hearing that.. OMG.. that baby dropped. I swear people have been telling me that for like a month! But I have way more uncomfortable pressure today and if feels like his little but is way closer to my belly button that it used to be.

Feeling rather run down tonight... I'll BBL for personals.. probably in the morning.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eve2008 Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:02 pm

hi gals...i had my babay this morning!!!!!!! ISABELA IS HERE!!!!!! she was born at 9:36 am she weighed 7 .11 and 20in she came out all natural without meds and i feel great !!!!! i will post pics when i get back home good luck bekah!
eve2008
eve2008

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:16 pm

Congrats Evelyn!!!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:25 pm

Congratulations Evelyn!!! I am so happy that you feel great and your daughter is doing well! I can't wait to see pics and read your story!

Bekah - Good Luck tomorrow! I will be thinking of you and praying everything goes perfect! Let us know how you and baby are doing when you have the chance.

Elise - Good Luck Thursday if we don't talk to you sooner! Get some REST and I hope baby day goes smoothly! I can't believe we are having our babies finally/already/wow!!

Me - I just about killed myself cleaning up after my toddler. I couldn't stand it anymore! I think I had like 5 BH contractions in a row picking up toys and doing the floor. I had to sit through a meeting that should have taken about an hour but the Mom talked foreverrr and it lasted 3 hours. Everyone said next time I need to fake labor haha!

Heather

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:29 pm

CONGRATULATIONS EVELYN!!!!! just how you wanted that is so wonderful I can't wait to hear all the details later!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:55 pm

Dangit Eve! You beat me!!! lol you'll have to tell us the whole story when you get the chance! I can't wait for tomorrow. I don't even know if I will be able to sleep!!!!! The anxiety is overwhelming lol!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:42 am

WOO HOO TO ALL THE NEW MOMMIES AND BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder if there will be any actual October babies?

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:52 am

Congrats Eve!!!! I knew you lost your plug, but the last time you made a post, your contractions came to a stand still...I was so shocked and excited to see your post!!!! I am so happy you got the labor and delivery you wanted too!!!! I can't wait to hear the whole story and see pictures!!!!

Bekah- good luck today!!!

Elise- Good luck for Thursday!!!!

Shannon- LOL...I will be October...unless Landree surprises us.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:08 am

OMG! Eve Congrats! That is such wonderful news! I glad everything went well and you got the delivery you wanted. I cant wait to see pics and hear all about it. I hope you can get a little rest before coming home. Take Care of yourself and Let us know how you and Isabella are doing.

Bekah - Good luck today. I cant wait to hear your story and see pics too! My goodness the baby joy is overflowing this week! I hope you got some sleep last night even though I know if it was me I wouldnt have.

Elise - Good luck on Thursday. I cant beleive so many babies this week. Try and get some rest if you can. Oh and you too. Pics and a Story!

Shannon - Unless Nate has some sort of crazy plan - He will surely be an October baby! The earliest I see him getting here is 10/16. So I still have a ways to go!

I hope everyone else is having a good Tuesday. I have my DA today and will let everyone know how it goes. We will decide on scheduling today. Oh and Woo Hoo i am officially 9 months! Now to finish packing my bag (as DH reminds me of it multiple times a day - DARN PAMPHLETS!). I should be good to go.

Take Care Ladies!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:42 am

Kim- Yeah I will be October too unless Lucas figures out what he wants to do....Last night was the second in a row that I was awakened with period-like cramps which also led to contrax....Third night all together since he did it last thursday as well....

Amy- Congrats to 9 months!!Get that bag packed!!Oh yeah and start resting...LOL...You did alot over the weekend...

AFM- I have a d/a today in a little while...I seriously will cry if he tells me that there's been no dialation...I'm getting tired of the recent comments everywhere I go..."You're not having another boy are you?" "Boy that baby has dropped," and the nightly calls from everyone checking to see if I'm in labor....I've kind of gone into hermit mode....I only answer my phone to a select few people....I think we're all at that point that it's safe to start wondering if people disappear for 2 or 3 days if they've gone into labor...Keeping my fingers crossed for Bekah.....

Later ladies,
Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:08 am

had my last NST and DA this morning - everything is on schedule for Thursday morning...yippee!! I probably won't be able to post from the hospital, but once I'm back home I'll update everyone. I've almost started counting down the hours until this LO arrives....not yet, but I'm getting close! Very Happy

Hope everyone has great DAs today and a great week!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:32 am

Good morning,

Eve, congrats!! I can't wait to hear about it. I so want natural but am worried that my BP will keep me from it.

Elise, GL on Thursday!

Shannon, Unless my BP prompts the Dr to induce me, I think I'll be Oct. I have a Dr appt later today and like you I will be SO disappointed if there is no progress but I swear I haven't even felt a BH and this baby is still right up under my bbs.

AFM: I have everything together to go into my bag. All the camera & camcorder batteries were charged overnight and today I am getting my iPod playlist loaded.
My hands are so swollen and numb I can't hardly stand it...if I don't have this baby soon I think I'm going to have to have my wedding band cut off my finger. I took my solitaire off a long time ago but the band part felt fine and then all the sudden one day, it just wouldn't come off and it gets worse everyday.

Ladies, have a great day and hopefully I'll be reporting back later with good BP and some kind of progress!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:58 am

Diana- have you tried using butter or soap or lotion???? I hope you don't have to get it cut off...I check mine every night. Last pregnacy when I did have BP issues, I had to take them off by 5 months or so...this time I am still wearing them, but I will take them off and put them on a necklace before I go in for my c-section...I had a lot of extra fluid which I hear is common after a c-section and I don't want to take any chances. With having BP issues too, make sure your bag is in your car on your apt days...you never know what they are going to say...mine was packed, but we left it at home and just went to my apt...needless to say thank goodness my mom had a house key so she could bring it. This time, they are already in the car! LOL

Shannon- I can't wait to hear how your apt goes!!!

AFM- I have the day off!!! My Dad and step-mom took my DD for the day to a fair in MA, 2 hrs away that is why I didn't go. It is so weird to be home by myself...I tried to go back to sleep but I couldn't so I am doing laundry, and organized DD's clothes, packed her summer ones away and rearranged her drawers....hopefully after lunch I will be able to nap.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:58 am

Okay UG! I swear my typing today is driving me nits! this is the third time I am typing my post becasue I am typing away and the whole thing disappears! Sorry this one is shorter than the other two...lol

Diana- You might try wearing your ring on you pinky, I have been doing that since 22 weeks, or the necklace idea.

Kim- Enjoy your day off!!! Get some rest do nothing, everyone needs a do nothing day!

AFM- I am working and everyone around me is in a bad mood making mountains out of mole hills and I just don't care...lol I am in a good mood. just trying to keep my positive vibe going. Time is crawling ofcourse but ohwell.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:59 am

Well my doc appt did not go as planned...I've had no protein in my urine until now...It's a +2 so I'm going to L&D for observation...Will check in when I get back....

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:50 pm

Kim, enjoy your day off and try to get some rest.
I tried the soap & lotion but it's too late. It's not painful but I wish I would have been paying more attention so I could have taken it off. DH is being so good about it telling me it's no big deal if it is necessary we'll have the jeweler cut it off and repair it, no worries.

Shannon, sorry it didn't go as planned...good luck!

Fill you in later on my DA...
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:53 pm

EVE!! Congrats! You just knew she was coming round the corner. So glad you got the have the experience you hoped for. Can't wait to see pics, stats and story. Rest up!

Shannon - Eekk.. hope your L&D trip is uneventful.. unless of course you get to come home with your LO.

Bekah - I'm wondering if your already holding little Joey.. can't wait to hear from you. Smile

Diana - That sucks about your ring. I haven't been wearing mine for a while. it wasn't that I'm totally too swollen for it, it just got kind of uncomfortable. SO whines about it sometimes but Razz on him.

Kim- I'm sooo jealous right now. I wanted to stay home so bad today. However I drug my butt out of bed. I was a little late but hey, they should be glad I came at all.

Elise - Good Luck.. it's coming up quick. Do you have all the plans ready to go?

Amy- I'm sure I'll be in the October crowd too. I wish he would just come already I'm starting to get so hormonal and worn out. My actual DD is the 15th, 16th by doc.. but I'll be having my section on the 9th. I'm almost sure I'll make it that far too.. phewy

AFM- Like I said I'm just feeling hormonal and kind of icky lately. I feel like I could bust up in to tears at any moment. I haven't yet, but I feel it lurking. I just have the relationship blues and I'm ready for baby to get here, I've been waking up with headaches so that's not helping either. **End Whine Fest**
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:38 pm

Sorry no personals...I just got home and have to do a 24hour urine thingy...I'm just so tired of being pregnant at this point...I'm trying not to just lose it...Just feeling really down in the dumps with everything and need this baby to get here for my own sanity at this point...I told DH in the car on my way home that I'm getting my tubes tied and if he wants more children then I'm sorry but they won't be with me...I simply can not go through another pregnancy again...This one has just been over the top...I'm going to go drink a ton of water because apparently I'm dehydrated yet again...

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:24 pm

Shannon- sorry things didn't go your way...but just so you know, I really think with this development, you will be having your baby before me.

Diana- how was your BP?

Well DD got home at about 4pm...I was so happy to see her, and of course she could have cared less. She was really good for my Dad though, so I am happy she had a good day. It was so nice to watch grown up TV.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:53 pm

Kim- I'm betting the 24hour urine will turn up fine...I had a very mild headache, my bp was within normal ranges, and little to no swelling in my feet...When I got to L&D there was a trace amount of protein in there...I hadn't had anything to drink between hospital and dr's office...I'm just feeling like I can't catch a break ya know?DH just dropped me off at hospital and left to go back to work saying call me when you know anything...That just bothered me alot.KWIM?I'm already really hormonal because I hurt everywhere, am exausted mentally and physically and just feel alot of times like he's just not involved unless I say something about it...I mentioned that to my mom and she started yelling at me saying that he's just working hard to keep our bills caught up...Understandable, but he also wanted this pregnancy and he should be there for that as well...Maybe I'm just to selfish...Anyway, sorry to vent, am just not loving life right now and I've also got one of the rescue groups I worked with before calling me to see if I can take on a stray intact male pit bull...I told her no way, but she's trying to push me...I told her no intact males ever...My male dog would fight with him and I can't do it now anyway, so she's being grumbly...Too f'in bad...Now apparently my mom is concerned and is going to be comng over while DH is at work tonight to stay with me until he gets home...Sigh.....

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next