Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October mommies - *September(almost there!)*

+14
Kristen
nursejessicadavis
mythreesons
ladydy
Mari7779
jessijennings
Kim
eileen bauer
PolloLoco75
eve2008
tweetie462
mnelson80
RobbieandLexisMommy
rocknrollmommy616
18 posters

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

October mommies - *September(almost there!)* - Page 10 Empty Re: October mommies - *September(almost there!)*

Post by Kim Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:45 pm

Shannon, have fun tonight!!!

Eve- I second Jessi's opinion. You can even try massaging some milk into your nipple after you are done feeding/pumping, it works in the same way.

Heather- I have had to go weekly since 36 weeks...I even have a bag with my name on it with my own pink and blue straps!
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

October mommies - *September(almost there!)* - Page 10 Empty Re: October mommies - *September(almost there!)*

Post by nursejessicadavis Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:13 pm

Hey Heather, the comics are at babygaga.com, when you look at what week you are they have them to the side. Those are a couple I thought were really cute.
nursejessicadavis
nursejessicadavis

http://www.myspace.com/fairybitch4life

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:41 pm

Ok guys the dinner was eh, ok...It was all doctors and nurses, so yeah Jessi it would've been hysterical if my water broke there!!! ALl the people my mom work with were there and they all kept asking when I was due and i would say that I'm being induced and they were all like"oh gee I'm sorry'" Thanks people...Never been induced, already pretty nervous thanks for making me feel that much better.Will be back in a few days guys!!!Good luck to anyone having babies as well and to the new mommas!!

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:14 am

[i][b]Just remembered that I forgot to say something

Congrats to you Evelyn On your little bundle of Joy. Glad labor and everything went as planned no complications....can't wait for my lo to make his entrance....
[/size]

Joy

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:39 am

I'm sure you won't see this.. but Good Luck Shannon! I'm sure it will go smoothly and you'll be holding your little one in no time!

Ugh.. I shoud be getting ready for work. I'm already late..hahaha
I think I'm going to stop on the way to work and get my blood pressure taken. I've had a headache everyday this week and my feet are starting to get really swollen.. plus I've gained about 3 lbs. And all these ladies on our boards and the regular boards with pre-e have me all creeped out.. scratch

I'm sure I'm just being overdramatic.. but better safe than sorry. I don't have an appointment til Wed.

Be back once I'm supposed to be working..hehe
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:46 am

Let us know how your blood pressure is, that is not something to mess with.

Good luck to shannon {{{thought and prayers}}}
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker" alt="" />
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:33 am

Eve, glad to hear everything went so well for you. I'm hoping for the same.
Looking forward to seeing those pics

Michelle, let us know about your BP...I know noone means to creep you out but those are signs.

I'm can't wait to hear how Bekah & Shannon's deliveries went.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:39 am

So, I was running so late for work that I didn't stop. But I'm going to try to go to the walgreens and use the little blow up one after I get done with some training. At least my headache feels a little better.. so I think that's good.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:02 pm

Hello Mommies! Happy Friday!

Well congrats to all the new mommies and soon to be new mommies! Good luck to Shannon today and I am glad to see everything went well for Evelyn, Bekah and Elise! Like I said - only a touch jealous! alien I am glad you all have had great deliveries.

Busy day here at work. Lots to do learning a whole new job. Hopefully I will remember it when I get back from maternity leave!

Other than that not much new. Just working through the day waiting for the weekend to start. We will be working on hanging the stuff on the walls in the baby's room as well as getting stuff ready for the Salvation Army to pick up. I am so excited to get this stuff out of my house!

I guess that is all for now.
Take Care Ladies!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:39 pm

Michelle- Bekah posted on BBC about her birth and pictures...check it out over there. How was your BP?

It is such crappy weather here...we have already had 2.5 inches of rain this morning and they are calling for a total of 6 or so by Sunday morning...they say babies like to be born during storms...maybe I will go early and go this weekend.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:14 pm

Hi Ladies!
So I thought I couldn't post to this site but I realized it was because I wasn't logged in when I thought I was!!
Anyways, I've been reading and am glad things are going so well for most!

Eve- Congrats on a great birthing experience!
Bekah- Congrats your little one is adorable!!

Shannon- Try not to worry about the inducing, so it's not fun, but at least you have a date of when your little one will be here, right?!

So I went to the dr. last night hoping for good news. I lost my mucus plug last Tues ( the 16th) and have been waiting in anticipation for the next phase to start. I've had a lot more pressure, and more bh, but nothing else. I had a dr. that I've only had once or twice, when I told him about the plug, he said well it can grow back, that's not a great indication. Mind you everyone else in the office has been saying it's a celebration! Then he did a very quick not thorough exam and said the baby's head hadn't descended and I was closed. Now last week, my dr. who does a very thorough exam said the head was in place, everything was soft and the cervix had shifted a ton to get ready. SO, I wasn't happy with this guy. But I'll be seeing my dr. Monday and I hope she has better news!

In the meantime, have a great weekend ladies! It's gonna be a rainy one here and I don't mind I'll be in bed!!
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:17 pm

So I finally went and checked my BP. I don't think it's anything I haven't been dealing with already. Ugh. I hate those machines. My arms are really too big for them so I don't think I'm getting a very accurate reading.

My first time I got 160/77 Shocked Then I'm always able to push my arm in a little further the second time ( Who knows why???) and I got 144/77. So that's not so bad. I just wish I could get the headache to go away. Sad
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:01 pm

I've been keeping those containers of O.M. turkey in the fridge they have all these different kinds now shaved honey smoked, roteisery, moscit and such..

anyway i keep those in the fridge and when i get a head ache i go eat like a portion of meat just eat the turkey lol.. its about the size of a deck of cards, then drink some water and the head aches have been going away from it..

that or a big scoop of peanut butter .. either really helps but i prefer the turkey..
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:16 pm

I'll have to try that.. I did call the office. They are actually calling in some Vicodin.. woza.. didn't know I could take that?!?!

They also said to keep checking my bp and if it goes over 140/90 either number to head to L&D for evaluation. Personally.. I'll try the meat. The vicodin might be nice at bedtime though.. Razz
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:18 pm

last time i took that drug i dreamed about clowns chasing me with pie guns and monkeys with magic wands..

that drug always makes me have odd dreams though..
jessijennings
jessijennings

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:37 am

Doodedoodedoo working on a saturday sucks! But my days off are Sunday and Monday about as good as I can get around here. atleast is is a slower day. only 1 more saturday after this, 2 weeks from monday I am so counting down. Hope all is going well for everyone

eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:08 am

CONGRATULATIONS to all the new mommies! I am soo excited for you and happy everyone is doing well.

I have decided my Dr. is officially crazier than I am. I went in for another appt. with my DH this time so he could make sure she did something for me. She basically insisted on an Amnio! I was like UHMM No...I am almost 37 weeks - she said if the baby's lungs were mature on Tues 9the day she wants to do the amnio), then we would have the c-section on Thursday. Yes, it would give us a definite answer if she is ready, but I don't want a huge needle stuck anywhere near her when by Thursday I will only be a week and a few days away from my original c-section date.

So DH asked for an ultrasound to check on things and she agreed for that on Thursday and gave me Lortab and Phenegren for pain - except the sad thing is I am in so much pain they hardly worked last night.

To make matters worse, my daycare person is closing yet again to have her floors done on Monday so I have to take another day off...

So, would you go for the Amnio and early c-section or do you think i should try to wait as long as possible? I just don't know what to do anymore!!!

Heather

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:17 am

What is the pain from?...I am not sure about the amnio, it seems like it would be safer to give a dose of steriods to mature or make sure the lungs are mature instead of doing the amnio...but honestly after 37 weeks, I don't know if I would do any extras...how far along would you be then?
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:20 am

I forcibly resist them poking annnny needles in my baby ...
jessijennings
jessijennings

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:06 pm

I don't think I would do an amnio either. Seems too late. I'm with Kim, I think I would just ask for a the steroids or something instead of an amnio. I know your in pain, but do you think you could hold out one more week if you had too? Or is the thought of having an earlier c-section almost to appealing to turn down? I guess you'll just have to weigh the differences.

I'm sure that's not much help, but don't think I'd want to bother with and amnio this late.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:08 pm

Yikes I wouldn't do the amnio not ever even if they paid me too.... I hate needles besides but to do it so far along and its not really a BIG difference as far as extra time you will have to wait. Also I think doing the procedure even being this far along it still has the same risks associated with it right? Not something I would find worth doing..kwim?

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:11 pm

Heather- why do you need the amnio? at 37 weeks would it make a difference to find out on a amnio verses testing the baby once he or she is born? a lot less invasive 5to test once baby or born, also so far along babies survive and thrive at earlier than 37 weeks. I don't know what kind of issues you are dealing with but an amnio seems way to much so far along just because you can find stuff out after the C-section and you can do ultrasounds.

eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:00 pm

The Dr. said the reason for the amnio would be to move my c-section date up to the 2nd instead of the 14th. I don't see how much 12 days can make a difference, but according to her the lungs may not be ready.

I can hang in there with the pain. It is just affecting every part of my life and is ridiculous at this point. The pain I am having is constant cramping - like the worst menstrual cramping u ever had, constant braxton hicks that are getting more painful, and headaches. I also have that pubic bone cracking pain on and off. I literally have no energy to do anything.

I don't think I am going to do the amnio unless I get in so much pain that I can't move at all. All the blood tests and urine tests say that the baby is fine, so its me that just isn't "feeling" fine.

I just didn't expect all of this to happen either it is so hard to deal with some days.

Heather

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:46 pm

Ouch.. I'm sure I wouldn't want to sustain that kind of pain. I'm so sorry.
Did she say anything about steriod shots for the lungs and then move up the date.. and pray for the best??
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:51 pm

The L&D nurses and the Dr. said that steroids after 36 weeks can actually do more harm then good...I was like ok...I had never heard of that. So apparently it is safe to stick a humongous needle through my stomach, uterus and near the baby, but giving me steroids is not safe LOL.

This just shows that every dr. is so different. My sister in law had the same issues that I am having and her dr. gave her tylenol 3 for 2 months to help her and here I am begging like a drug addict for a few days of rest and relief!

I am just going to wait until she is ready but also hope that I end of being okay as well..

Heather

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next