Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October mommies - *September(almost there!)*

+14
Kristen
nursejessicadavis
mythreesons
ladydy
Mari7779
jessijennings
Kim
eileen bauer
PolloLoco75
eve2008
tweetie462
mnelson80
RobbieandLexisMommy
rocknrollmommy616
18 posters

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

October mommies - *September(almost there!)* - Page 4 Empty Re: October mommies - *September(almost there!)*

Post by Kim Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:38 pm

Okay...so not sure if I told you ladies about the rash I have had for the last six weeks but it is called pitiryasis rosea, it is this weird ass rash you only get once in a life time...I have been really itchy for the last four weeks, and we have tried all kinds of treatments, so I went back to the dermatologist today as my spots seem to be getting better but I am still itchy if not more itchy...well I have PUPPS too!!! Seriously...I am like what the hell, obviously the only cure is delivery. And on that front, I am not so sure I am going to make it to my scheduled date...I have been having contractions, actually had several that showed up on the monitor during my stress test this morning...so I really just want to get through these next couple of days where I have lots to do to finalize being ready and then I am seriously going to talk to my Dr. on Thursday about moving things up...either that or I am going into labor on my own before hand...I feel it in my bones.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

October mommies - *September(almost there!)* - Page 4 Empty Re: October mommies - *September(almost there!)*

Post by mnelson80 Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:43 pm

Geez Lousie! I've heard about PUPPS and it doesn't sound like any fun. I know your date is coming soon (can't rememeber exactly right of hand) but do you think you could get some of those steroid shots to make sure her lungs are ready? I know my doc told me if I went into labor they wouldn't stop me, I'm assuming it's the same for you as I know your a little bit ahead of me.

Take care! I hope things progress for you and you can get over all of your pregnancy aliments.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:43 pm

I will be good as far as her lungs are concerned...due to the fact that we have the biophysical ultrasounds weekly, we have been monitoring her "practice" breathing and she does it like a champ...plus as of friday I am 37 weeks...so Dr. does consider me full term...last week they would have given me shots...this week I am good to go any time....my actual date is the 2nd, so only 17 days from that anyway, I just don't think I am going to make it.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:01 pm

Awww Kim! PUPPS and a rash! Does anything help? Benedryl? They have benedryl cream too..I also believe in the old italian wives tale to soak some washclothes in chamommile tea and lay them all over your body - it worked wonders for me when I got soo burned while in Italy - I also put drops right in my eye when something was wrong with it and I was better the next day - weird I know...worth a try?

So I wish I was 37 weeks! I really think something may happen early with this little girl - i am just so huge - was never this big with DS and having so many more symptoms...but wishful thinking...

My complaint of the day is GAS - AHHHH help! =O
LOL!

Heather

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by eve2008 Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:16 am

kim, sorry your going though this.
im also so ready to deliver this baby. my contractions stoped happening but the discofort is still there and im having new ones everyday. yesterday i had a horrible leg pain, i guess shes pinching a leg nerve. when i walk i look like i just had a c-secion, its a werid feeling. i cry almost everyday of how bad my body hurts. i hardly did anything in the house yesterday and i took several naps and i was sooo sooo tired at night. i told dh that i dont mean to complain about the baby, just that my body is telling me that it cant do this much longer. im officially 37 weeks, so anytime i can go.......im ready. my only concern is that if i feel so tired now, will i have the energy to have this baby natural without any pain meds......
eve2008
eve2008

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:59 am

Jennifer- I am so sorry you aren't feeling well being sick and preggo this far just is awful! I swear by benedryl personally if nothing else it will make me go to sleep.

Shannon- they didn't even check?!?!?! I would of gone mad! not to mention all the waiting and stress about that. I hate sitting in those rooms half naked just waiting ug! Sorry Girl!

Bekah- sing along? that sounds fun!

Jessi- there is a pill that I know of I found out about it when I wanted to get on the pill for smoking but like smoking I also found out the prescription only comes from doctors and I have good insurance and they don't cover it. The smoking pill was like $500 for a month it was way too much for me. but that was almost 9 months ago maybe insurance companies have changed?

Kim- that is so adorable that your kiddos will be the same theme! I haven't even though about it...lol my 8 yr old will want to be a rock star or something of that nature and the 2 yr old hasn't really latched on to anything yet. He was a frog last year put a towel looking thing over his head and that was it...lol

Amy- do'nt feel so bad about not getting as much done. I swear my husband is like we can do it later, but then in the same breath says we can't do it all at once we have to space out buying the baby stuff. I finally blew up at him on Saturday and told him if I have to buy some panties to wear after the baby to accommodate the pads on the way to the damn hospital I will make sure I am the pregnant hormonal b*$%^ I am now for the rest of our lives! he laughed with me but was like well Friday we both get paid you have $100 so I am happy.

wyo_mommy that is cool he got the travel set. at least he knew how to make up for it...lol

Kristen- I think maribel is the only one but some of the ladies around here have had a lot of contractions not me :-( but very soon like in 2-3 weeks things should start happening!!!

AFM- Ug I am at work desperately wish I could just be at home, so much pressure, when I get up I feel like i am sloshing up if that makes any sense. back and pelvis just hurt not to mention all the stupid annoying stuff that goes on in a government place of work is getting to me stupid supervisors and idiots trying to talk to me like I am an idiot not good for my non-in check hormones. but ohwell need to save up my time. On a good note I got all my short term diability squared away will get a check for like $500 something every week for six weeks after I have the baby. You ladies that work should look into seeing if you have short term disability. I have time saved up to stay home plus I will be getting the short term disability checks so going to pay down some debt. always a good thing!!!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker" alt="" />
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:39 pm

So I am uncomfy. I cant sit in my chair at work and be comfy. I cant lay on the couch at home and be comfy. There is no sleeping through the night because I cant get comfy. Who needs to breath or have bladder control when they sneeze? Why would I want to stand up and start walking immediately. I need to slowly stand and wait a few seconds. Then slowly take my first step and wait a few seconds then start to take mulitple steps. I once looked forward to the day when everyone would just KNOW I was pregnant. Now I feel like my boobs are hanging out because everyone greets me with eyes down... on my tummy not the boobs. My eyes are still UP HERE! I cant get away from sugar (sorry GD mom's). It actually plagues me. I have to have so much sugar every day. This is how I have gained all the weight I know it. I just cant survive without it. That and i am tired and I think my employer should want to pay me for being home on my couch. Surprised Oh well I guess I have complained enough for today. I just thought I would share my feelings. Now lets sing kumbaya!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:41 pm

I am with you!! it hurts to get up and walk at work for me too! luckily I can sit except for potty breaks. but by the time I get home I am like sit me down and I ain't geting up at all...lol

eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:50 pm

yeah, once I get home.. I don't feel like moving much!!

Ok, so I wasn't sure where to post this, sorry if it's a little big, but I think my little boy is going to look JUST LIKE HIS SISTER when he's born.

This is the face picture I got today on the U/S. (frist pic below..obviously) I told my mom I would try to superimpose a baby face over it so it would be easier for her to make out what was what in the U/S pic. Well, as I was looking at it I thought.. I think I have a pic of DD that looks just like that. So I did the superimposition.. it totally matches! Check it out.. The last pic is the orginal of DD when she was only a few weeks old, if that.

Original U/S
October mommies - *September(almost there!)* - Page 4 ADCUS_9-1
Superimposed U/S
October mommies - *September(almost there!)* - Page 4 TatzeannaOverlayonUS
Original Pic of DD
October mommies - *September(almost there!)* - Page 4 IMG_1809
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:13 pm

Michelle...that was really neat!!! I agree that they look a lot a like, I still can't over the neatness of it!
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:29 pm

love the ultrasound pics!!! michelle are you having your little one at round rock hospital? I am at seton northwest since cedar park doesn't have a operational level 2 yet nursery meaning if anything is wrong with the baby they ship them out so i deceided on seton northwest. My doctors office is connected to seton northwest anyways. I can't get over the pics that is freaky and cool!

eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:37 pm

That pic is amazinggg!!! I want one!! See things like that make all our aches and pains worth it to really know there is a little miracle full of life just waiting to enter the world! Sometimes it is so hard to "look past" the pain and remember that we have built a whole human being from scratch.

Thanks for sharing!

Heather

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:44 pm

holy crap! My DF was peering over my shoulder and he hadn't read the actual post but saw the superimposed pic and was like, "Holy crap, that can't be real!" I scrolled up to the original and your baby ACTUALLY looks like that!!! That's so crazy! Well at least it won't be too much of a surprise. AND you know your little boy is going to be just as cute as his big sister. ^_^ Well congrats girlie that IS a great pic. Our 36 weeks U/S looked kinda crappy... we can't really make out much of a face. Sad You lucky duck you! lol
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:46 pm

Thanks ladies! I just couldn't get over it I had to share. And hey...way cheaper than a 3d u/s although i would have LOVED to have one. Just couldn't afford it. If anyone has any pictures they think would work together in the same kind of way I'd be happy to put them together for you!

Eileen- I'm actually going to deliever at St. Davids (North Austin Medical Center) Parmer lane. That's where my doctor is located and where I had my DD. They have really nice birthing rooms and private rooms afterwards. I liked it last time and even though I live farther away this time I still wanted to stay there. Plus with the toll road open it only takes about 10 minutes to get down there anyway. It's probably about the same to the Round Rock Hospital.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:44 am

So... a few interesting things happened to me tonight. Permit me to share. Smile

So... I went to my Dr. today and she said i was 2 cm dilated and that I would have some spotting probably after the cervical exam. Well i did. One spot of actual blood and that was it and it was very small. But, at around 645 maybe 7, I went to the bathroom and checked the toilet again(for good measure) and there was a little brown looking glob in there. It was probably the size of a bean maybe or a tiny bit bigger. I didn't make a huge deal out of it until later when i still had some bloody discharge. Mind you, all of these things have been brown. Called the doctor. She said that the glob was probably bloody semen that had sat for a few days and only just loosened itself today and that the discharge was probably from the exam. The problem is, after I got home from the doctor, i had no bloody discharge at all! It wasn't until after that bean-sized glob fell out that i actually had ANY discolored discharge.. or discharge at all really. Point being, she told me not to worry unless i was having contractions or period-like bleeding. Well, I again go to the restroom tonight before I get into my nightly bath, and I wipe and TADA! There is a snotty brown tinged glob of discharge that still has some clearness in it. So... I'm actually almost positive it is my mucus plug. I mean, i know my body VERY well and i didnt spot or bleed at all after my first cervical exam last week, so y should I now? Anyways, the point is, I'm PRETTY darn sure its my plug coming out in little chunks. What's funny is my mom says her grandmother was a nurse and would swear by the moon when it came to delivering babies. She said that every full moon there was probably twice or three times as many babies born, than on a normal night. And.. lo and behold, it is JUST about full. lol anyways, I am just going to be paying really close attention to my trips to the potty and I'm going to be VERY mindful of any pain or contractions. I know it still could be a while b4 I actually go into labor if my mucus plug falls out, but my sister went into labor 3 days after she lost hers and my mom said the same thing happened to her. So... its just a watch and see thing I guess. We'll just see how it goes. ^_^
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:28 am

Good morning ladies,

Well had the u/s and Dr appt yesterday. U/s was great baby's approx weight is 6-13, which of course they say is big, but oh well...
Dr appt, not so good. First, my cervix is still closed. Then my BP is up. I had a headache most of the weekend so I was monitoring my BP, it wasn't terrible but I usually run very normal 120's/60's so when I went to the Dr and it was 140/90 she sent me straight to the assessment center to be monitored and labs drawn so I didn't get out of there til almost 9 last night. Now I'm on the 24hr urine specimen.

She really had me freaked out b/c she gave me all scenarios which included my BP not going down and them inducing. It just really hit home so today...I'm packing my bag, no more draggin my feet on that one. I know I'll survive without it but I would like to have some of my own things at the hospital.

Silly me didn't bring my laptop home from work thinking it would just be another Dr appt but I'm not about to drag my urine jug to work with me so I guess I'll run to work and grab the laptop this morning and work from home. I wish she would have just told me to start working from home but I never even mentioned it. I might do that next appt.

Definitely will have to get back with personals. Have a good day ladies! I'm hoping to get some sleep, that hasn't happened much in the past few days.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:29 am

My mucus plug came out in bits with my other two. However I ahve never "gone into labor" I have always had to have pitocin and now thank goodness C-sections. But I konw people who lost theirs and ahd the baby teh next day so who konws! just make sure your bags are packed, last thing you want is you spouse packing your bag trust me. I made that mistake once never again...lol He packed ligerie to wear home!...lol I was like I am not wearing no fancy bra and panties and stuff...lol he had no clue I wouldn't be back to normal yet so I give him that. He did pack my favorite outfit but it took a few months to get back into it...lol

eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:14 am

Hi all I finally made it over here..Not sure how to post my roll call info on the other part but at least I know where everyone is now...Not having my most brilliant of mornings...Wanted to be a good mommy so I made oatmeal from scratch this monring for my boys before school...I was walking around with the pan in my hand and thinking I just need to set this down for a second..Well I used my belly...Duh!!! JUst left a little red mark....DH wanted to laugh but made sure I was ok first...LOL

Eileen- Yeah I forgot a few things each time I packed my bag since I waited until I was in labor both times to do it...DH packed me a bikini top,toothpaste(no toothbrush)and shorts(in the winter for DS#1's birth)...He tried but just didn't have a clue...I did actually wear that bikini top under a shirt...LOL

SHannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:05 pm

Well be having no bag packing horror is our house.. LOL I finally bought all my little travle items yesterday. Smile

I'm sooooo scatter brain today.. I don't feel like doing anything except daydreaming about babies arrival.. It's going to be a long day..LOL
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:29 pm

I hear ya amy
I’m suppose to be lounging on my left side feet elevated .. but ooh how it aches after awhile and to get up and pee.. its like no no surly I don’t have to .. ach evil bladder.

As for the bag packing, my luck my mom would do it and I would end up with a nice variety of clothing as well as every single sample item known to man.. she is the only person I have ever known to need a U-Haul to go overnight.. I go away for a month with one bag .. I’m a big believer in laundry mats .. she takes enough clothes for everyone “irons tea shirts and socks” to live without laundry for a month.
I’m already wondering what she is going to do to my house while I’m gone. I’m sure nothing I wouldn’t like but it always amuses me.. Last time she was here she folded paper towels and stocked my napkin holder and then left a note saying she had left spare in the drawer because she noticed I was out of napkins.. (she folded a whole roll of paper towels into little perfect triangles).. lol

jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:38 pm

Hey everyone...just really sore and exhausted today...all the errands are complete, bags are packed and in the car and car seat installed...I have been having contractions all day and thought they would go away when I came home to rest, they have yet to stop...I have had 3 within the last 45 mins. that take my breath away...I am going to see what the next couple of hours bring before I decide to call the dr. or not....if you don't hear from me by noon time, I am hoping that I am having a baby.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:54 pm

Very Happy Good Luck Kim! Hope your on a roll!
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:41 pm

Good Luck Kim!!!!

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:21 pm

I am thinking of you Kim!!! Hope all is well!!!

I had my DA today and I am 1 CM dialated and she is way head down..explains the pressure, cramping, etc.
I had to beg her not to put me on bedrest though. My BP was 152/90 so she had me lay down and it went down to 124/? My urine was okay so that is why she let me go home.
I was actually walking better today until she ripped me in 2 by checking me! Now I feel awful and crampy again and had 2 BH contractions in a row while making dinner for DS.
I am being observed tomorrow by my principal and have to finish my lesson plan/paperwork for that and I am in no mood to do it...

Heather

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:09 pm

I layed down...and they slowed and come once in a while...but do have Dr's apt tomorrow so I want to see what she says.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next