Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woo Hoo - It's October!

+13
Kristen
ladydy
Chaycethedogs
Kim
rocknrollmommy616
wyo_mommy
tweetie462
eve2008
jessijennings
mythreesons
eileen bauer
PolloLoco75
mnelson80
17 posters

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Woo Hoo - It's October! - Page 5 Empty Re: Woo Hoo - It's October!

Post by jessijennings Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:56 am

Our doc said if there 2- 3 min apart come in if I can sit there and be like oh that was a contraction then no I’m not in need to come in yet If I’m like pausing unable to talk bent over or anything having to stop and actually go though the pain not just talk walk or what not though it then its probably really labor…
I haven’t had any contractions really lately, and Kit is awfully wiggly it seems tonight. DH took me to olive garden he was so sweet it was kind of our date before baby I suppose we had fun and I even sipped a bit of his wine but it freaked me out.. I swear I took like three sips and I started feeling warm and I use to be the type of person who could drink a whole bottle and still barely feel it so.. I donno Our doc even told us at the last appointment if I was having contractions to go sit in a warm tub with a glass of wine and see if they went away.. I’m trying to justify drinking and not feel bad >.<
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:57 am

My doc told me it is okay to have a drink, like a margarita or A beer but thast is it, the deal is they do'nt konw how mych alcohol causes fetal alcohol syndrome, they thin kit is actualy different for different women but 1 drink meaning a glass isnt' going to do it. It is makes you feel any better too jessi wehn i was preggo with my firzst iw as 19 adnm lioving with my 3 best guy friends who were all over 21, you can imagine our refriegerator beer and hard liquor and margarita mix. maybe some jalepeno poppers too. and I was a ful conosuer until about 8 weeks along in pregnancy adn my daughter was fine. I gayurentee you i drank enough during that time to kill a horse but i ddint' konw and I was 19. but she was fine so your sips are totaly okay girl!
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker" alt="" />
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by wyo_mommy Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:34 am

Well, made it through the nite w/o a trip to the OB floor - yay and boo I guess! I didn't figure it was the truly active labor, but it's certainly a step closer I think. I'm hoping at my DA on Tues (yet again) I'll have made some good progress!! The contractions I have had I could certainly talk through and whatnot. I remember my best friend having contractions (probably like this) for a week, we'd go walking and she'd feel somewhat better...but then there'd be times she couldn't talk. Probably a good thing I didn't waste a trip up there LOL. You'd think this was my first time - but when they say each pregnancy is different, they weren't lying! Very Happy

MMmmmMmmmMmMm - Olive Garden! That sounds heavenly! We live 2 hours away from the closest one. I could seriously handle some -- and that heavenly chocolate cheesecake dessert thingy they have! Very Happy Wine sounds pretty good too. They're having a 'women's party' tonite here in town to raise money for breast cancer - I want to go but am afraid of my water breaking in public AND that i'd want a drink too badly! LOL. Maybe next year! Very Happy
wyo_mommy
wyo_mommy

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:15 pm

Olive garden has a pumpkin cheesecake right now that is TO DUE FOR!!! it costs like $7 but it is heavenly better than sex good. highly recommend it!...lol well off to watch the texas vs OU game "Hook'em horns!!!" told hubby he will have to suffer through and drink a beer for me since i can't adn the game starts at 11am...lol
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:37 pm

yeah I had the pumpkin cheesecake it has this nummy ginger nutmeg kinda crust it was sooo good and so big.. had egg plant parm for breakfast lol
jessijennings
jessijennings

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:07 pm

Ug okay so I am having like a half anxiety. Part of me is like "how the heck am i going to do this?" and then part of me is like you felt like this with the first and second so chill, it will work out. I am excited and like hesitant also at the same time ya know. I mean I am having this kido monday and it is like almost here...lol jsut feeling a little weird i guess kind iof like the calm before the storm...lol anyone else feel like that right before?
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by wyo_mommy Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:46 pm

eileen bauer wrote:Ug okay so I am having like a half anxiety. Part of me is like "how the heck am i going to do this?" and then part of me is like you felt like this with the first and second so chill, it will work out. I am excited and like hesitant also at the same time ya know. I mean I am having this kido monday and it is like almost here...lol jsut feeling a little weird i guess kind iof like the calm before the storm...lol anyone else feel like that right before?
I *totally* feel that way too. Lucky for you, your day is much sooner than mine (I still can't figure out why my siggie isn't showing, but oh well - 12 more days til my due date). But I've been having mini panic-attacks about it, too. Like "What have I done???" or "I can't DO this -- I can't push this baby out!" orrrr "I can't handle having two kids" orrrrrrrrrrrr "What if something goes wrong -- what if something's wrong with baby - what if something happens to me?!" It's scary!!!!

I have friends who have had all kinds of complications and such, which certainly doesn't help matters at all. Especially when they just LOVE sharing those kinds of stories with me! One of my friends had an embryonic embolism, which is INCREDIBLY rare -- 75% of the mothers AND the babies don't make it - but she did and her son is now 3 yrs old. And she was the absolute poster person for all the RIGHT things to do during pregnancy, so I'm HORRIFIED! Then you hear all the horrible labor/delivery stories, etc. And today I was talking to my good friend on the phone. She has 3 kids (an 8 yr old, a 3 yr old and an 18 month old) and all those children EVER do is fight, scream, and cry. I mean absolutely CONSTANTLY -- and (don't get me wrong - I love her to death) but all all she can do is SCREAM and yell at them. She kept telling me tonite "Just you wait - your day is coming soon!" and I just wanted to break down and bawl!!!!! All of my whiny stuff is making me nuts - I'm usually a big goof ball, but for some reason I'm a wreck anymore. Sooo...to answer your question, YAH I'm definitely there, too! I'm sure things will be great for you and you'll be just wonderful. flower
wyo_mommy
wyo_mommy

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:02 am

Eileen - i am so with you! Going from 1 to 2 kids seems like nothing now! We went out shopping yesterday -- all 5 of us -- and it hit me how hard it is now with 3 kids! And then last night DH had to go back to work after the older 2 were in bed and I was almost in tears because i was home alone with all 3 kids and praying that no one woke up, but of course DD did while I was feeding Logan.....it will all work out in the end (i hope...)....
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:55 pm

thank you both for your answers. I have noticed a pick up in my emotionalness I know it will be alright ya know just the worry has set in. Like my husband says giong from 2 to 3 kids is like football. 2 kids is man on man defense, and 3 kids is zone defense...lol I go in and out of feeling worried and I have help and my kids will all be gone during the day so it will be just me and the baby i won't have to contend with the 2 yr old also which is the biggest thing right now. I jsut keep tellin gmyself this is normal and the worry and stuff will pass and things wil be alright, may not konw how but it wil be alright.

one more thing: anyone have experience drying up their breast milk? I have heard there are drugs but i look around the net and can't find anything, I know about wearing a sports bra and using the witch hazel pads just wondering if there was anything else? Wow this board has gotten a lot slower now...lol little ones will do that...lol
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:15 pm

okay so i can't figure it out could someone tell me how i do this pic posting thing so i can get the pics? help...lol i will do it tomorrow before i leave for the hospital if i can.
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:52 am

Eileen - I heard cold cabbage leaves on your breasts are supposed to dry up your milk. If you take showers, take lukewarm showers and face away from the stream. basically keep out the heat and really compress the girls with a majorly tight bra. I have given up on breast feeding in any way. I just didnt have enough milk supply, so I think it dried up on its own, unfortunately. Sad

AFM - I have been better after admitting I had a problem with Joseph. DF is helping me A LOT and my family is doing all they can to give me a break with the sleeping deal. I think it really may just be the lack of sleep that gets me that way. Maybe I DONT have PPD, I'm going to give it the rest of the week and see how it goes. If by next week I am still like that, I will call my doc. Hopefully I won't have it at all. Joseph laughed in his sleep yesterday morning! It was sooooo cute! He had the cutest little gummy smile on his face and just chuckled in his sleep, then stopped all of a sudden. It was the most precious thing I've ever seen. The night before he made the most perfect little cooing noise. I just adore him! Then today DF and I will have to go shopping for clothes. We both need pants lol. He needs a new pair of work pants and I need non-maternity jeans. I threw out my normal clothes because I was afraid I wouldn't be back to my pre-preg weight. How retarded am I? So we are shopping separately today. I didn't want to cart Joey around all day, so I'll go grab some pants first, then let DF go to target or something for his. Anyways, thats all for now. Ladies, keep havin them babies! And those of you who've had yours already, try to keep sane!!! ^_^ Have a good morning girls!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by wyo_mommy Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:45 pm

Wow this section really is dwindling down isn't it???

Had a DA today, kind of unexpectedly. Went in for a NST (which doc wants done once a week until baby arrives) and ended up in his office. I was having shortness of breath (I'm asthmatic, too, so that was a concern). Apparently it's just the baby being big. Baby's stats looked good, my BP and blood sugars are good, i'd actually lost 2 lbs which he was thrilled with.

BUTTTTT... on a crappy note, I haven't made any progress since last week. I just knew I had since I had all those 'cramps' over the weekend. Still 50%, 1-2cm dialated, and baby is still floating. He's really discouraged that she's still floating -- which is what my DD did until I pushed her out! he doesn't want to do anything until she drops...sooooo... I get to wait yet another frickin week. SOOOO basically still 10 more days til my due date. He did say, tho, that he didn't really want to wait until my due date (the 23rd) during this visit, and last week he said we'd do something ON my due date if i hadn't had baby by then. I still had a lovely little breakdown on the way home. Just tired of hurting and having a hard time doing things that SHOULD be simple (play with my daughter, sleep comfortably, clean my house, do my dishes, do my laundry -- all are such a struggle!) I'm totally bummed out!
wyo_mommy
wyo_mommy

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:24 pm

Eileen- Ok I know this may be too late but here's a link to several ways to dry up your milk... http://www.kellymom.com/herbal/milksupply/herbs-oversupply.html
If I remember right your having a c/s today...So if my baby brain is working then good luck!

Michelle- Congrats on your LO!!!!!

Ok I've been on and have read posts earlier today but honestly I'm so tired right now that I can't remember what I read, so am really sorry guys...I do have a breastfeeding question for anyone who can answer it...Is it normal for Luc's poops t change color based on what I may have eaten, ex:the other day I had a spinach salad with lunch and then asparagus with dinner and then Luc's poops were green for 1 or 2 poops...He didn't seem bothered by them I was just a bit shocked...Ok am headed to bed I think....

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:23 am

Shannon - that sounds about right. lol I mean if he's basically eating what you're eating, wouldn't it be green?

AFM - I am wondering, what is cluster feeding? I think Joseph is eating too close together. He's starting to want to eat again at like 2-2 1/2 hours now instead of 3, and I don't know if he should be eating 3oz every 2-2 1/2 hours... is that healthy? I don't want to make him sick...
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:57 am

Hi ladies,

Well....we had a beautiful baby girl!!! Aubrey blessed us on Thursday @ 9:42am. She was a big girl... 9lbs 6oz 21 1/4". It was quite the 24hr experience but I wouldn't give any of it up for a minute.
It did end up in a C-section b/c my water broke early on and I only progressed to 6 after 24hrs...so there were many changes in my birth plan but none of it matters now.
Aubrey unfortunately is still holding fluid in her lungs and has a little bit of pulmonary hypertension so she is in the NICU, but she's getting better everyday and we hope to have her home with us by this time next week.
Here are a couple of pics...in her hat she was only a few hours old and you can see how puffy she is compared to the other pic @ 3 days.
She's a gorgeous girl, if I do say so myself, with tons of black hair. My mom taped up my baby picture in her room b/c she is a clone, which just cracks me up, I never thought I would produce a clone....but I did.

Well, I wanted to check in but of course I've been and will be spending all but sleeping time at the hospital. I'll be checking up on everyone.

Have a great day ladies!!

I resized them....hopefully it works.

[img]Woo Hoo - It's October! - Page 5 DSC00179[/img]

[url][/url][img]Woo Hoo - It's October! - Page 5 DSC00181-1[/img]
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:52 am

Diana - congrats on your LO...

AFM: the snuggle nest finally arrived yesterday. he did really well in it - so we all had a decent night's sleep. yeah!! and i managed with all 3 kids home all afternoon...of course DD passed out on the couch as did I, but we all survived.
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:28 am

Diana! Your LO is so cute!!! Congrats!! The NICU will soon be a distant memory...

As for the drying up the breast milk....I've used cabbage with both of my pregnancies and it worked great for me. Just make sure to use the large leaves (so they cover your entire breast) and keep them cold! It only takes a couple of days.

Bekah - I so applaud you for your mature attitude! Sleep deprevation can do nasty things to us...especially when we have hormone rushes. I hope everything evens out for you soon....if you end up at the doctor know that many women go thru PPD and you are definately not alone.

AFM - We are having many sleepless nights. Last night was probably the worst. Brenden was up every 1 1/2 hours wanting to eat. I know he is approaching the 10lb mark so I am sure he is hungrier but I guess his tummy just can't hold any more milk than the 3.5oz he is eating at one time. With Dawson we concentrated the formula to give him more calories and less liquid but he had serious GI issues....does anyone know if this is an option for a perfectly healthy baby?? I don't know how much more of these up & down nights I can take. Poor hubby is trying to help me but he has to get up for work at 5am....
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:50 am

Diana- Congrats, she is beautiful!!! Sorry your plan didn't go as how you wanted it to go but she is here and that is the important part. I hope she continues to improve greatly and her time spent in the nicu is kept to a minimum.

Bekah- cluster feeding is usually a few hour span, most often in the evening where all the little ones do is want to eat...say they normally go every three to 4 hours, during cluster feeding they may be wanting to eat every hour or so...Landree gets like this from 7pm to 10pm or so.

AFM- we have switche formula's from the regular Enfamil to the Gentlease, Landree has had a few issues with gas and pooping...I am okay with the fact that she only poops once a day but sometimes she has such a hard time that she cries...we have tried everything to help her too...rectal temp, bicycle kicks with her legs, extra water in her formula...and sometimes when she does poop it is playdoh like, not all soft and mushy...I don't want to try anything else until I talk to her Dr...thankfully she has an apt on Thursday.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:11 am

Michelle(chayce)- From what I remember, you are not supposed to concentrate the formula just for that reason(creates unhappy belly).I do know that there is(or used to be)a formula made with a little bit of rice starch that is a bit thicker for less spitting up and a fuller belly...I used it with DS#2 because he had some major spit up issues but it was REALLY expensive...

Diana- Congrats Momma!!!You definetly can see a huge difference in the 2 pics!!! Poor little girl! That's quite the birth story!And a big girl too! Hope she comes home to you this week...Can't wait to see more pics!

Bekah-Cluster feedings are when they eat several times in a row in a shorter period of time...Don't worry you won't make him sick.He may be going through a growth spurt and that's why he's eating like that...Try offering him 4 oz maybe and see if that helps. Glad your feeling better...Just remember, you're a good momma Smile .

Elise- Still trying to convince DH to let me get a sleep nest...Hope it continues to work for you.

Wyo_-Sorry that nothing is happening for you Sad I remember all to well how you're feeling...Just keep looking for that lovely light at the end of the tunnel...

AFM- We have a great night routine going but not so much during the day...He eats at around 10pm, then sleeps until around 3am eats a quick meal then goes back to sleep until around 7:30-8am...So am trying to work his day time routine this week...It does get tough running around for doctors appts for me and the kids.Today I have a doc appt for me with Ob/gyn then I pick up oldest DS from school then bring oldest 2 for their doc appt...Ugh...

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:00 pm

Wyo in preferences somewhere there is a whole list of yes and no bubbles one of them is enable siggy show siggy or something I had mine turned off and my siggy wouldn’t show so.. Yeah check that out.
Diana
Awwwh she’s gorgeous I love the hair!

Well.. I’m really feeling down, Our councilor said awhile back that I’m having an adjustment disorder which is like postpartum but its prepartum.. I think I’m actually starting to believe her. But I’m a firm believer in if there is a reason to be depressed why is it wrong to feel that way and I suppose I’ve logiced that I kinda have a reason…
One part of me really wants to see my child to get the show on the road I suppose and the other part of me just wants to hold him In here forever safe and such.. So its excitement and dread as every day goes on and I know one of these days it will start..
We went to the doc Monday and my blood pressure was 180/190(ish) and they freaked out went and got another girl took it two more times and sent me over to labor and delivery to have them check it and do a stress test thing on the baby ..
Baby’s fine I’m not blood pressure wont got down.. They were going to give me the option of induction or blood pressure meds and my doctor said let’s wait till Thursday see if it’s better then.. So Thursday I get to go back in and do the stress test thing again.
I’m at 2cm now but the baby actually ran away from her while she was doing the exam he went backwards to get away from her finger so she had her finger jammed in me touching his head and then his head wasn’t there..
She said if he would have stayed in the same position he was in last week and with me being 2cm now and so thin almost all over I would probably be having a baby that night but now she just doesn’t know..
And my husband I donno I guess just not knowing how serious this is was bugging me though alllll the test. The cuff actually turned my arm purple and you could see the blood veins in my hand it hurt so badly. I said something to them about is it suppose to do that and they went off on this big speal and then was like oh its nothing compared to the pain your about to go though!.. gee thanks you’re a peach ya Nazi.. gerrh
So I’m laying there on my left side doing relaxation and its working pretty well then my husband starts scratching my eyebrow (you have some dead skin there.. no I guess it’s just powder, wet finger *he licked his finger and is now cleaning my face..*) I ask him very calmly could you please not do that I’m trying to be calm here okay? He says sorry then turns on the TV and starts flipping the remote is what makes the sound and that’s like an inch from my right ear.. I was about to kick him out of the room and there is a knock Andy goes and answers the door and there are these two little students so small looking lol there like were interns.. Students may we ask you some questions? They looked terrified but I suppose a 6”4 man in military uniform can do that.. So they ended up doing an ultrasound and the baby kicked and squirmed and tried to move away from them but.. Well he doesn’t have much room ..

I don’t really know what going to happen but I’m soooooo tired now I sleep all day and eat.. I’m hunger and tired and I’m trying to relax and hope Thursday my blood pressure is okay.
jessijennings
jessijennings

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:37 pm

Yikes Jessi hoping everything is alright by Thursday for you with the blood pressure....but the bright side if not you will end up being induced and holding your lil one probably before the weekend. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by wyo_mommy Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:56 pm

Awww Jessi, I feel for you, too! We're in a similar situation (a holding pattern at 2 cm dialated, with the baby still not engaged). Are you having headaches and swelling and vision probs?? Keep a VERY close eye on that - I'm a super paranoid person, I'd be nervous about waiting until Thursday if you're feeling so awful. Just watch it closely. And (yah, right huh - ) try to relax as much as possible. I know what you mean about being irritable like that too -- it doesn't take much for me to fly off, too! (Like, I found out yet another friend didnt receive her evite to my shower 3 wks ago and is pissed at me over it -- GEEZ ppl! That is outta my hand. I gave the list to my hostess and she sent out the evites, it's not anyone's fault!) Gotta love hormones! Wink

Hang in there, enjoy some really nice hot baths (lock your door and light a couple of candles) and put on some nice music - thats what i would like to do tonite! Good luck.
wyo_mommy
wyo_mommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:30 pm

Hey Ladies,
It's been a few days, things are going good here. Just tired. I've had a lot of help but those middle of the night feedings are getting me!

Diana- Congrats on your beautiful baby!!

Sorry no more time for personals, my battery on my laptop is about to die.
How do I post pics? I want to share some of Madison.
Thanks for your help. Hope all is well!
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:34 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am sorry I dont have a whole lot of time for personals. I have read everyone's posts.

Congrats to Michelle and Diana. Your babies are beautiful! Hopefully I havent missed anyone else. If you have had your baby and I missed it I am sorry and congrats!

Things around here have been busy. We just got home from the hospital yesterday. Nate has a bit of jaundice that developed after the 2nd day at the hospital and we are having some breastfeeding issues that we are working on. This is because we had to start supplementing with formula for the jaundice. It all went down hill from there. I am trying not to beat myself up over it. He has his days and nights mixed up so he becomes really allert and awake around 11 PM and stays up until like 2:30 - 3:00. So we are having to adjust to that. He did give us a 4 hour nap today. That was really nice. I am about to have to go and pump again so he can eat here in the next 1/2 hour. We have found that he is a champion sleeper. Once he is asleep there is almost no waking him. The nurses at the hospital were even shocked by how deep he sleeps. Its good if you have noisy dogs.

I am having some issues with my incision. I accidentally hit it on a chair (OUCH! Shocked ) Then at least once both of my dogs have jumped up and hit me on it. It has been bleeding a bit and I have to call my doctor tomorrow about it.

Jessi & Wyo - Hang in there girls. Your LOs will be here soon! Enjoy your sleep! You never realize how much you will miss it.

I am headed off to pump. I will try to be here more its just been a whirlwind around here.

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:41 pm

Had a few headaches awhile back but none recently swelling but only in my hands and feet and that’s after a walk (hands from swinging them) and in my feet in the morning and at night but a DH massage usually helps that right up..
And its not awful I can still were my shoes.. just cant lace them as tight as I use to..
None of the vision problems really…
Locked doors do nothing its like a game to my dh.. he drives me crazy he not only will unlock the door to the bathroom while I’m in there he will then go why was the door locked and nine times out of ten make some derogatory comment like its hot in here or your pee really smells.. its like ummh get out!
The military thinks there being nice and is letting him off work more and more lately.. he only went in for an hour today and then they where like oh yeah your wife is on bed rest we heard go home.. just come for the safety briefing and then you can go home.. its like NOOOO please keep him!
Yeah I basically got up around six today made a phone call went back to bed and slept till noon got up ate then took a nap lol
Got up around four and was soooo tired ate dinner went to an appointment and now I’m home about to make it to bed before ten.. I’m lame .. but I figure I wont be getting much sleep after this right?
jessijennings
jessijennings

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next