Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOVEMBER ALREADY!

+11
Kristen
Tscadden
tweetie462
Mari7779
Chaycethedogs
mythreesons
RobbieandLexisMommy
eileen bauer
rocknrollmommy616
Kim
PolloLoco75
15 posters

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

NOVEMBER ALREADY! - Page 6 Empty Re: NOVEMBER ALREADY!

Post by PolloLoco75 Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:03 am

Good Morning Everyone!

Elise - DH is a software engineer and right now he works for a company that designs and writes flight simulators for the government. The company that wants to recruit him is an oil company so he would be designing some sort of software for them.

Kim - Yeah on so many things for you! No GD - WAHOO! You got paid and groceries - WAHOO! I am so happy for you!
The job DH is going for is here. They had originally mentioned us moving to the Netherlands for 6 months - 1 year but DH turned them down because all of our family is here and we have a newborn. So they said ok - no moving, light travel and whatever else you want. So now he is considering it.

Bekah - Good idea on the JP wedding. When I got married we started out trying to have a reasonable low cost wedding. OMG by the end of it all we ended up paying (ourselves mind you because no one in our family was able to help) 18K. We didnt do anything fancy! We had it in McKinney at a house that included everything. We seriously considered eloping and calling off the wedding before the whole thing was done. It took us 2 1/2 years to pay that wedding off and we didnt do anything fun until the debt was gone. It was a great wedding but I would have much rather had something small and affordable.

Well I cant believe its already Friday again. These weeks are just flying. I am going to try and take Nate to run a million errands today. We will see how long he lasts. I have started to get a few smiles out of this little guy. They are WONDERFUL and addicting. The more he gives the more I want. Smiles are my Crack - I just need more! I think I am going to go and try to go back to sleep for a little bit. Nate is asleep and I am still so tired from everything we have been doing plus being the one to get up with Nate every time this week because DH had a big work project he was working on.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:54 am

we paid under 500 bucks for our wedding. Had it in salt lake city no family came. I rented my dress, bartered the cake maker down to 75 at a local grocery. Dh wore his dress blues and we had the reception bbq at a friends house .. it was really low key and relaxed.
The lady's axillary club did the decorations with what the church had on hand they where wonderful bishop did it for free we where his first wedding.. and i went to walmart and bought a ton of yellow and purple daisy and sprayed them (petals) for the flower girls. people just wore there own clothes the flower girls where cousins who had similar dresses in a lilac and the bridesmaid had a purple dress from a previous wedding.. I loved it and have never regretted it I just wish we could renew our vows someday I blacked out sorta i don't remember much from the wedding and I would love to say that whole bit over again..
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:12 am

I'm having the worst morning and don't know what to do...It started that all of us were running late and I didn't dog proof as carefully as I normally would...Yes I said dog proof...We have to put our kitchen chairs on the couches in the living room to keep the dane of them.DH isn't a dog person and doesnt appreciate her drool all over the furniture..We have to make sure the kitchen is picked up(no food on counters because Dru will steal and our cat will too)and no plastic cups on counters as Dru loves plastic...I also make sure the lower cabinets are locked(with a child safety because it doubles as a cereal pantry).Our house is small so we've had to use some cabinets to store food as well and Dru has recently taken a liking to eating an entire box of cereal...Anyway, like I said, I didnt get to check everything in my mad rush to get ODS to school on time(it's down the street about 1/4 mile but we live in the city so I won't let him walk besides its on a very busy road).I was goine about 10 minutes and came home.Opened the door and Dru freaked out and started trying to push past me to run out the door because she'd eaten 2 boxes of cereal...I had Lucas in one hand(in his carseat)and my other son trying to come in as well.So I tried pushing her back in.Got her back in so DS could get in and she starts again trying to run out the door because he hadn't shut it...I grabbed at her collar and missed grabbing her skin, but quickly let go when she yelped.I grabbed again and almost had her collar when she turned her head and bit my arm.I had Lucas in my hand still so I just reacted without thinking.I punched her with my free arm so she didn't break the skin.I let her go at that point and rushed DS#2 and Lucas into Lucas' room until I could get her calmed down again...This is not a small dog.She's 180+lbs...And her head is almost at my chest level...I'm not afraid of dogs, I foster dogs for a local bull breed/boxer rescue(taking time off because of baby).I've never had a dog do this or react this way.She's normally very placid and quiet.I've never hit an animal in my life and am very shaken up...But I dont think I could trust her again with my kids in the house the way she reacted.She can not go back to her breeder- can't get into the reasons but let's just say that I won't take her back there, but I don;t know that given what happened if she should go elsewhere either.She certainly can't stay here either.I know she reacted to me grabbing her but still, I had Lucas in my hand.WHat if he hadn't been in his carseat?I'm a mess right now ladies...So for babbling, just needed a sounding board...It's got me seriously doubting ever doing rescue again.
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:21 am

in California i got my two cats of craigs list you cant sell animals but you can screen family till you find one you think is good for the animal.. I ended up using it to give the cats away after we found out they wouldn't travel well and found a lovely family for them they are doing wonderful she still writes me emails and sends me pictures.. I know it sounds crazy but take a look in the pet section at least and see how you feel...

http://monterey.craigslist.org/pet/
jessijennings
jessijennings

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:33 am

Good Morning,

Kim, Congrats on your results!! and getting paid!
I will definitely follow a GD diet if I get preg again..it's just not worth it.

Elise, glad to hear your getting some sleep....we get 2 - 4hr stretches out of Aubrey and I take one feeding and DH takes the other.

Amy, sounds like fun running around. the most i've done is taken aubrey to my sisters and for walks b/c they tell me not to take her to the stores b/c of flu. i want to take her everywhere!
That's exciting that DH gets to go to the Netherlands...I know for you it's going to be tough, can someone come stay?

Bekah, that all sounds so exciting, getting married & moving and you're right as long as you have your immediate family your home is where you make it.
We went to Eureka Springs, AR to get married...great little historical town. We rented a cabin and the minister & photographer came there. The cabin owner set it all up, long weekend, cake, champagne, dinner, carriage ride, minister and a very nice cabin for $600...and just the 2 of us.

Heather, that is crazy they make that poor baby wait when she's hurting so bad. I hope your ped gets things moving faster for you.

Shannon, I am a dog lover too..although right now we don't have any but you couldn't help what you did, it was a reaction to protect. Don't feel bad, you probably hardly phazed the dog.

AFM: not much going on here...i've been working a little bit from home and it really makes me want to do it permanently. i don't have to go back til feb 1st but alreayd dreading it
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:09 pm

We have petfinder too and I've used that too...I guess I'm just upset because I had the baby in my hand when she bit me...I should have just let her go out the door and tried to catch her later.But I'm 3 houses up from the street corner which is very very busy and if she got hit by a car she wouldnt stand a chance with as fast as the people drive...besides, I can't place her with someone and not tell them about her biting me and I feel bad doing that when we've had her for 2 years...We've had minor problems through that time with her, like stealing food but her head can rest on the counter, what animal wouldn't be tempted?Our cat is just as bad with stealing food as Dru, maybe worse.I made turkey meatballs with spaghetti last week and DH told me he'd care of the food and put it away.Well the next morning the pan was still on the stove and when I looked in the pan there were no meatballs.I asked if he ate them and he said no, then I saw the kitty paw prints(in sauce) leading away from my stove...She was caught red handed, literally...LOLDru will not steal food if we are in the house...Only when we are not in the house...
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:21 pm

sounds like the dog is going into protective mode? when i was growing up we had a dog that had been abused and whenever we'd leave she'd hide food around the house. We'd come back and find the dog food stored in the couch and chairs -- that way if we didn't come back, she had food...maybe that's why the dog only takes the food when you're gone? just a thought!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:47 pm

Wow Shannon I too would be kinda shaken about that whole incident... Bad puppy!!! I hope you are able to figure out something as far as who to give him to soon.
I don't have any pets so not an issue here I did have a dwarf hampster up until like 2 weeks ago when I was sitting in my chair that was next to his cage and got an ungodly horrible wiff of something looked down at cage and noticed I couldn't see him moving or anywhere in cage and remembered I hadn't seen him moving much at all lately told hubby so he proceeded to lift lid off of cage and was gonna move stuff around and when he did smell got worse....so long story short my son's hampster died....DS was not upset or nothing though because he is actually wanting a fish now as in his words "hampsters are boring all they do is run around in cage"

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:06 pm

Joy-Just want until he wants to "pet his fish"..a good low maintenance for him would be a betta.please don't get goldfish and put them in a bowl...I used to manager a pet store and hated state fair time because at one of the booths people could throw the ball in a cup and win a fish....Well the goldfish they gave people aren't fancy or anything just what most pet stores sell as starter pond/feeder fish...Well long story short, gold fish should live 20-30 years and the long bodied ones should get two 2-3 feet in length.The reason they die in bowls after 2 or 3 years, is because they literally drown.Their bones fuse together from lack of swimming space and they drown...Ok did I just totally ramble?Sorry about that..Anyway goldfish are some of my favorite fish but are definetly not bowl fish...

Elise- I do have an older dog that hoards pieces of food..She'll take 4 or 5 pieces and carry them with her everywhere and when any of the other animals walk by she growls...Unfortunately she's low man on the totem pole so they all ignore her...We did get her at the pound as a 10 week old puppy, she'd been abandoned and they called her devil dog because she had such a bad attitude.We did obedience classes with her and she's a great dog and a sweet old lady of 12 years...

I think Dru is just bored sometimes...She's just 3 years old...She doesn't play with stuffed animal toys and only likes things to chew on, only problem is that I haven't found anything for her to chew on that she either won't choke on(because it's too small)or that she won't destroy in like 6 seconds...She's not a bad dog truly.Just a giant puppy...She does dumb things like any animal does but because she's huge, it seems worse...I'm going to re-start obedience with her and see if that helps...She's normally the best one to be around the kids.My other 2 dogs are old and older and are aren't into tail tugging and playing...Currently she's laying on her bed attempting to catch a fly(without getting up mind you) that somehow followed me inside earlier...
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:13 pm

to be honest, Shannon, I think it sounds like separation anxiety. that, coupled with the hectic lifestyle she's probably been leading with a new baby being in the house. And, depending on the age of your youngest(before Lucas), he may be upset because he is not getting as much attention as he used to. Also, I think if he was getting into the cereal, his body might have been reacting to the sugars and all of the stuff they have in it that dogs' bodies aren't used to. It could have made him rambunctious just because of the sugars. Who knows, I know how you feel though. My dog bit me once for no reason and I just cried and cried. They are supposed to be trusting and protective of you, not biting at you like that! And when you develop a relationship with someone or something, it's hard to believe it would do something like that to you. I agree with you giving him another home because of the risk he poses to you and your children, especially the baby. I think if you explain the situation to whoever you decide to give him to, that maybe they might understand that he was just high on sugar maybe and that he had been dealing with the stress of not having as much attention as he'd been given before. I mean, some people just don't understand that dogs have weird emotional reactions to things too! They have feelings! Anyways, I agree with your decision and I think if you spoke with someone about it, and they understood, maybe he could find a good home. Good luck Shannon, I am very sorry that this happened. I know it must be traumatic for you and your family.
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:02 am

Shannon... the gripe water works so much better than the mylicon!!!!
I have found that I can't give it to her right before I feed her or she does her Linda Blair projectile impression for me but she has stopped squirming for the 2nd half of her feeding and wasn't miserable when I put her to bed last night.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:55 am

Diana as long as her head doesn't start spinning it's a good thing!Glad to hear it helps!I remember while I was preggo I read a thread somewhere about it and thought I'd give it a shot...Adults can use it too...

AFM-It's been a good weekend so far(knock on wood).I think poor Luc is having his first bout of constipation, poor guy...He hasn't pooped since last night and he's been stiffening his legs and squirming, only a matter of time tho because he's been farting up a storm...We took him out to a restaurant last night with my neighbor and her hubby and daughter(my ODS's girlfriend-she's 8 he's 5, soo cute) and he was sooo good!Ok well off to finish breakfast and shower then go buy more diapers and wipes..
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:31 pm

Question...we've had to stimulate Logan to poop (sticking the thermometer in rectally) and when he does poop, the first stuff that comes out is a thick log -- should i be concerned?? i'm thinking it's what i'm eating since it just started happening in the past week...he has a dr appt on the 25th, but i don't want to wait if it's a sign of something else....he never was an everyday pooper, but he wouldn't go 2 days with nothing and then be struggling like he has been...i never had this problem with the other 2, so i'm at a loss...any advice would be appreciated!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:40 pm

My cousin had goldfish that got HUGE where alive forever then one night she heard all this thumping she went to look and one fish was killing the others ramming into them so she quickly separated them ( I remember she shoved on in the back of the toilet so it use to be an ongoing joke can I flush robin?) but she had to get separate tanks one ended up rocking his tank trying to get to the other while she was at work and knocking it over somehow and her vet didn’t know what was going on he just freaked after like 10 years or more of being a happy little goldfish..

You know the only poop problem I’ve had is projectile pooping.. You’re all changing a diaper and you hear a notice then your changing table is coved in lime green poop and while you’re horridly hovering up that hole he pees on himself then screams because he is cold…
jessijennings
jessijennings

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:39 pm

Jessi-The single finned goldfish can be very aggressive and will kill tankmates to get more space...They are also tank jumpers...LOL I had a mental image whilr I wascreading about theprojectile poop and laughed out loud...Now DH thinks I'm crazy...My problem is that the same thing that happened to your changing table was my bed at 2 am...

Elise- The solid log is just what was blocking him...Are there baby suppositories I wonder?

Poor Luc hasnt pooped yet...Has anyone done kids pics at Walmart?
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:32 pm

Elise - you're breastfeeding right? I don't know what would block him up that bad, but Joseph was like that for a while. We started using Little Tummies baby laxative, .25mL at least once a day if not two. His poop is not like 'blow-up-the-diaper' kinda poop anymore, but it is coming out at least once a day. I think sometimes they just get blocked like adults do sometimes. I'd say yeah talk to your doc and see if it may be what your eating, but everyone I ask about the pooping issue says its okay for them to be irregular once in a while. I bet he felt sooo much better and slept forever! When joey was all stopped up, we had to give him half of a suppository because it was so bad that he wouldn't even sleep! Then finally after he went through 3 or 4 diapers(luckily we still had newborn diapers that we just wasted on him lol), he passed out for like 6 hours!

AFM - Our decision to move to NJ is causing all kinds of drama here. I told my cousin and she said she bawled like half the afternoon after I told her. She keeps asking how we're gunna make it like she's trying to keep us here. She is an only child and I consider her like a sister, but c'mon.. We are grown, we can make decisions on our own without being naive. Then I tell my brother who is kind of like, "okay, that's your decision." Which I expected of him. He and his wife had at once thought about moving to Colorado.. so yknow its no big deal to him he understands. well i call my sister and tell her and she's like, "I wish you would have told me in person and not right before I go to my son's football game. I have to go I'll talk to you later, bye." So apparently, it turns out, she is INCREDIBLY upset about us moving. My mother talked to her and she is all, "what if they have to live in the ghetto and they can barely get by? They won't have money to come back here!" Of course, my mom told her ,"you must not know me very well. You know if they were having THAT much trouble, I would pay for them to come back here." And believe me, she would! Also, my sister has had PLENTY of time to come befriend me, and now that we started hanging out some (and I have her only nephew), she is all upset! Anyways, when I had told my brother he asked me if I had told my sister-in-law. I told him I didn't intend on telling her myself, but that he was more than welcome to. So she texts me and is like, "should I help you pack?" which I knew was supposed to be a negative comment. She acts like she hasn't been putting it on thick for the past few months so that no one can tell she still doesn't like my fiancee. AND she got plastered on Halloween night and told my cousin that I don't deserve a baby. And I am supposed to believe she's been (in her words) "nothing but nice to me and Cory for over a year"? HA! She acted like she was a saint when she would very subtly make mean remarks about how we should have gotten married before we had a baby and how I should have gotten a job and blah blah blah. The thing about my sister-in-law is that she is NEVER satisfied with me or what I do! When she was living with me and my mom, it was, "you're too overweight." When she started living with my brother in Denton, it was, "Get a job." When I got a job, it was, "Walmart sucks, get a better job!" When I started dating Cory, it was, "I don't like him." When we got engaged, it was, "You don't even know him that well." When I got pregnant, it was, "you should've waited and gotten married first." And now that I've had him, it's, "Bekah and Cory don't deserve a baby." EFF her! What right has she to tell me how to live my life? I was so livid.... Anyways, I am so sick of everyone making our move into this huge end-of-the-world situation! i'm sorry. My rant is done. I hope you all had an awesome weekend, cuz mine kinda stunk...
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:30 pm

{{HUGS}} Bekah-I'm sorry you're weekend wasnt the best...
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:03 am

Sorry bekah! only you can make the decisions that affect your family and life girl. Listen to advice but you don't have to take it thats for sure! I wouldn't even listen to her! you make your own decision adn dont even look back. good luck!

Eileen
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" alt="" />
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:48 am

Oh ladies I am right there with you with a backed up baby. He grunts and strains for the longest time. He is unable to sleep and if he does get to sleep its not for long because he wakes up screaming and grunting all red faced. Then when we check his diaper its only one teeny tiny turd that is hard and is stuck to him. This boy is eating 6 oz at most feedings and only a quarter size turd? Then its back to grunting and groaning. Poor guy. I guess I am going to have to call the pediatrician to get some advice on what we should do.

Bekah - You are an adult and are perfectly capable to make your own decisions. All the negativity being put on you is not necessary and is not fair. These people arent in your position and sound as if they may be a bit jealous of your relationship and your new baby. Dont let them get you down. As longs as you know and believe what you are doing is the right thing for you and your family that is all that matters. Let them know that they are more than welcome to come and visit and that you will come and visit when you can. Keep your head up girl!

Well we have had a pretty low key weekend. That was nice. We didnt leave the house on Saturday and we did leave to go to lunch yesterday but that was all. We have just been hanging out. I have been finishing up a few organizational projects. I am sure I will find more to do but got a bunch done on Sat. We havent done that in a long time. Nate was up almost all day yesterday. He just wouldnt take a nap to save his life. Well he slept from 9:30PM-3:00AM. 5 1/2 hours - unbelievable! Then he at 3oz passed out and slept until 6:30 ate another 3 oz and is passed out again. I guess he has some catching up to do.
That and he seemed to want to eat non stop yesterday. He had a hunger that couldnt be satisfied. All I can guess is that he was having a growth spurt or is about to and needed to fuel up. He seems to be back to semi normal now.

I also think I am experiencing PMS for the first time in FOREVER. I am not 100% sure but the signs are there. Irritability, insatiable hunger, light cramping, water retention. Good Times! I am about to be cleared by my doc (hopefully on Thursday) to resume life as normal and now I am nervous that AF will be here to muck up the works. Oh well, what is one more week right? Geez! Momma is never gonna get any! LOL!

Well, I guess that is about it for now. Take Care everyone!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:36 pm

Bekah - So sorry the new about the move didn't go over very well. Maybe it was just a shock to everyone, I'd take is as you are loved and will be missed. Wink

Shannon - I haven't had a dog for a long time, but I think what Bekah said makes a lot of sense, a little bit sugar and a lot a bit attention seeking gets you one big fistey dog. Hope that gets better for you.

Amy - Good luck while your DH is gone. And I know what you mean about not knowing the PMS signs anymore..I thought Iwas going to get mine a couple of days back, but nothing yet. I almost wish it would come though. I have my appointment on the 20th and am hoping I can get merina at that time. We haven't really followed the rules and I'll just die if something is wrong or heaven forbid I'm pg.. I don't even want to think about that!!

Kim - Yeah for getting paid and not having D anymore :O) And.. can I borrow your hubby for a few hours.. I could really use some help around here...LOL

AFM: Mixed emotions here... I have, count em.. only 2 yes, 2 weeks until I have to go back to work. I can't stand the thought of leaving my little guy. Especially beacause he is SICK. I can't believe it. It's making me feel so bad for him. I wish there was something I could do. He's had a stuffy nose for about 2 weeks, and now he's coughing has some little rash and a 99.1 fever. He is so mellow usually that I can tell he's just miserable and in pain the way he cries and can't breathe. I have an appointment for him, but it won't get here fast enough. 3:50 today. I'm hoping and hoping that it's not scarlet fever.. or pnemonia or something horrible. I'm also keeping a close eye on that temp because the doc's office told me if it hits 100.4 I need to take him straight to the children's hospital and I really don't want to go there.

On the bright side, yesterday I was 2lbs under pre-preg weight.. yay! I don't really know how but I'm happy about it. SO and I are still in disagreement about BFing which is really starting to piss me off. I've pretty much stopped nursing because of Dominic's stuffy nose. That coupled with the number of bottles he's had makes him just fuss at the breast, he can't breathe and the milk doesn't come fast enough. Soo.. as you would guess I spend a fair amount of time pumping. Well now SO doesn't want me to. He swears I'm messing up his tummy by giving him the BM and probably about 4 oz of formula over the last 3 or 4 days. What a dork.. I just wish he wouldn't say anything to me about it at all.. eerrr ( end rant)
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Michelle- I am feeling the same way...seriously, I have 11 days before I go back...I am so sad. The only nice thing is Dh is on vacation as of tomorrow and we both go back the Friday after Thanksgiving...so we get some family time in.

Amy- You are formula feeding right?...I watered down my bottles some and that helped when Landree was having issues. So if he is taking 6oz, put two scoops of powder instead of three with the 6 oz of water....that may help.

Speaking of how much your Lo's are eating....how old are you Lo's and how many oz are they up to? Landree is almost 7weeks old and only drinks 4oz....sometimes 5oz about every 4 to 5 hours apart...at night though she will go sometime 6 or 7 hours between feedings. I feel like she should be eating more...her weight is fine and all, she just never seems hungry.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:04 pm

Kim - Joseph is now 8 weeks old and is consuming about 6 oz every 3 hours. We were at four but he would get hungry in two hours and cry after we took the bottle away when he was just sucking down air! So we upped to 5 and just today we upped it to 6 b/c he was crying when we took the bottle and would get hungry much earlier than he did before. Now he's content, but spits up more. I suppose its okay. He doesn't mind when he spits up, its just a hassle for me because its always a good deal, so I have to change him, then its always when he's laying down, so I have to make sure it didn't get trapped under his neck. He's had milk get trpped under there before and his little neck got chaffed. Sad
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:33 pm

Dominic was eating up to 6 oz and is 5 weeks. But I think that was a growth spurt. He now pretty much eats 4 oz every 3 hours or so. Sometimes he'll get 2 more oz within a 1 1/2 or so.. just depends. The last couple of nights he has been eating less at his night time feeding though.. sometimes only 2 1/2 or 3 ounces. I think that's because of his congestion though.

Bekah- I don't know if JJ was always a spitter or not.. my DD was, but Dominic isn't. Anyway.. the only time he spits up like what you described is if he doesn't burp well enough. Or has had too much to eat, but usually the first one. It can take a long time to get him to burp but if he burps every 2 oz, he never spits up.. just a thought.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:36 pm

Daniel is 1 month old or 4 weks and 4 oz every 3 hours.

Ug sounds like a lot of drama going on for all of us with the little ones and then some of us have drama in lives as well. I am so sorry about that. As for me I have deceided to put off school for a 9 week session I am struggling and just can't hang haven't had a break or anytime off of school in a year and am really burned out and just drowning with the baby and trying to keep up. Hubby and kids don't really care that I have school work to do they just want me so I gotta take some time off in that long the baby will be much easier to care for and I will be settled into my night shift at work. but feel like failure still. but the stress and weight lifted is unreal. Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" alt="" />
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:45 pm

Kim - You have such good advice. I had called the Dr's office and they told me to try adding some extra water to his formula once a day and see if that works and if not try twice a day. Nate is almost 6 weeks old and is drinking 4-6 oz every 3 hours. Now he is kind of weird where he will drink 6 oz and the next feeding drink 1 and pass out for an hour and then wake up and drink 3 oz and fall back asleep and wake up 30 min later for the rest. He is all over the map but its usually 4-6 oz. I just wish he would make up his mind to make bottle prep easier.

Ok - how much of a clutz am I? Right now Nate is taking his first nap in his crib. Its very exciting. So I have the baby monitor thing on my pocket when I go to change out the laundry and it falls off my jeans hits the floor and the batteries go everywhere. I picked it up and put it back together and the speaker is busted on it but the rest is working. Hopefully DH can fix it when he gets home. Luckily we had a monitor receiver in the living room and in our bedroom so I am using our bedroom one to listen to him. I swear I go around saying this so much - but I cant have anything nice. I just break it or a dog eats it or some sort of something happens to it. Grr
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum