Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOVEMBER ALREADY!

+11
Kristen
Tscadden
tweetie462
Mari7779
Chaycethedogs
mythreesons
RobbieandLexisMommy
eileen bauer
rocknrollmommy616
Kim
PolloLoco75
15 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

NOVEMBER ALREADY! - Page 4 Empty Re: NOVEMBER ALREADY!

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:29 am

Michelle - I think we're going to have to go see the doctor because he hasn't been pooping very good and I think his upset tummy is making him stay awake all the time. So he won't get ANY good naps... Yesterday he napped for maybe 1 or 2 hours, and that's not even consecutively! I just get so peeved. like, I give you everything and you still cry! I know that's not good, but I'm sick and I'm trying to be happy and carefree with him and it just doesn't quite work that way when your head feels like a balloon, and your throat, a sheet of sandpaper. I feel so horrible getting angry that he won't stop crying. I am going to call the doctor today and see if we can't get him an appointment here soon. He NEEDS to be seen. His poor tummy Sad

Update: we had to give him a suppository and he pooped like solid poops. like actually solid, like an adult poop. I knew his tummy wasn't right. Well, I'm going to call the doctor here in a second. I hope we can get an appointment for tomorrow... that would be good.
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:16 am

Bekah-Poor Joey!Hopefully his doc has some ideas.Hope you feel better soon too.Its hard to take care of someone when you feel like crap.Lots of vitamin C!!!

I'm off to go start a pot roast in my crock pot!I love that thing!

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:31 am

We tried EVERYTHING with our son for pooping. Ask your Dr. about Enulose - it is better than Miralax and always gets Robbie moving. Usually you just need a little bit. You did good using the suppository - I hope you find something to help keep him pooping on his own.

The nasal aspirators come in all diff sizes - i hate the hospital one too and found a tiny one for Lexi that works. Use some saline and a cool mist humidifier to help his "snarkiness" ;o)

I am dreamfeeding her right now..its taking forever but she is drinking some. I will just sit here till she spits it out!

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:24 pm

I feel so bad for those of you having so much trouble.. I feel really lucky because Dominic is so good. It just makes me want to punch SO for being soooo over dramitic and clueless. He thinks Dominic just crys and is spoiled already. Duh! I keep telling him how thankful he should be. DD had mild reflux and spit up a lot, she was pretty good, and I don't really do anything different with him. I mean seriously. He generally sleeps for 3 hour stretches, will sit in a bouncer, swing, or on the floor for sometime as long as he has a paci, and doesn't really cry unless he's hungry. What more can you ask for??? Sure he has cracky times, and some bad days but he really just doesn't get how much worse it could be. Now his big problem is that I'm screwing up his tummy BFing him and giving him formula.. how stupid. Sure he has some gas and I wish he could poop a little more but why on earth would I quit BFing because of that? He's certainly not lactose intolerant. I just keep reminding him that if HE, ALONE wants to foot the formula bill, I'll quit BFing.

Ok.. enough of a rant.. sorry.. Need to get in the shower before Dominic wakes up!
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:00 am

Eileen, how much rice cereal do you put in the bottles???
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:26 pm

Hi ladies...

It's been so long since I posted. I will have to try to catch up somehow.

Aubrey is finally home after almost 4 weeks in the NICU. She is happy and healthy and we shouldn't have any issues due to her lung immaturity.
She had every symptom of a mother with GD although I tested fine on my 3hr.
Here are some pics....and I am looking forward to catching up with all of you.

hopefully they resize....
Diana

[img]NOVEMBER ALREADY! - Page 4 DSC00276[/img]
NOVEMBER ALREADY! - Page 4 DSC00285
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:39 pm

Diana- omg she is so sweet! And Aubrey, what a sweet name! I'm glad everything is okay with you and her both! Good to have you back, hun! *hugs*

Michelle and Eileen - just wondering, why would you put rice cereal in their bottles this early? Are your LOs not gaining any weight? I'm just a curious George is all Smile

Also Eileen - I bought some of that little tummies baby lax stuff, and I am giving him .25mL every 12 hours. Is that okay? How much do you give your baby? He had a BM this morning(YAY!), and I'm hoping with the little tummies gas relief(had to get rid of my mylicon eek) and laxative, he will have normal poops. They are supposed to go at least once a day, right?

AFM - I am finally going to the doctor today. I am so sure that this is a sinus infection because nobody else has gotten sick and my sinuses were KILLING me the other day! Well it's only been like 4 or 5 days since this started, so yippee, I can finally get better! DF wants to go, but I don't really wanna take them baby to the doctor's office because its flu season and i don't know what kind of folks will be in there. So he goes, "We will take you and wait outside." I told him that he needn't be so worried(aka codependent), that I would be back in no time flat and if he stayed there he'd be sitting in the car for like ever! So, it would be so much easier for me to go alone and just drop my prescription off at Walgreen's and come home! I am going to get him to stay home if I have to glue his butt to the couch! lol Anyway, yay my mom is getting all next week off cuz she has 3 more vacation days before the year ends! So we're going to do some house cleaning and maybe take Cory to see the house we will hopefully be moving into sometime soon. Smile Well wish me luck at my appointment guys! Sad nah jk Smile see yall lata!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:03 pm

Bekah, I give it to mine 1-2 times a day, unless he is pooping well. So far for the last 2 days he is pooping well adn it is soft. When it is hard balls or i see smears i do the laxative. My doctor said you can't really over dose them but you can ahve a mamoth sized blow out...lol same with gas drops you can give it to them every bottle adn in between it won't hurt them. they should poop once a day is my understanding but the norm for my children ahs always been more and basiclly wehn they aren't normal i do the laxatrive and if it continues i call teh doc. I ahve learned with my kids anyways that their norm adn any deviation from their norm is when i need to worry and do something. good luck!!! hope it helps! by the way you can also try the generic gas drops, there is generic HEB here is texas, adn walmart ahs generic as well that is much cheaper and is the same stuff!

AFM did the rice cereal thign and got straight 5 hours of sleep alst ngiht so guess we will be sticking with that. we put a formula scoop of rice cereal in for each scoop of formula it was thick but worked like a charm!

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" alt="" />
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:52 pm

Well its been awhile since I posted on here like 2 or 3 pages I think... But my DD b day was on Saturday so was kinda busy weekend. Jeremiah is still usually up every 2 -3 hours but he has went up to eating 4 oz at a time within the past week. Hubby is still searching for work but nothing has come up. I am so hoping something comes up because I really really REALLY (emphasis on the "really") do not want to move in with the MIL I don't know how we would fit in that house when her hubby, her daughter, and daughters hubby, and their baby already live there and adding us into the mix would make 10 people living in that house. and she already said we would not be able to bring our stuff it would need to go into storage. And we would have to fit in 1 bedroom I don't know how that would happen as our beds would not fit and where would we put our clothes? and what about kids toys... things wouldnt work I already know it. Not much other than that though just stressed about what we are gonna do..... Oh yeah Jeremiah had his one month check up so I will post that on the baby appt thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:46 pm

Bekah - the rice cereal is to help the formula stick to their ribs or to help thicken it up for baby's with reflux. Brenden is drinking 5oz per feeding, every 3 hours during the day and only TWICE at night..finally some sleep, but he when he wakes at night he is gulping it down and starving so I'm trying to curb that for him.

Diana - so glad Aubrey is home!!! Sending happy thoughts!

AFM - we switched to Dr. Brown bottles (thanks Amy!) and Brenden has only been waking up TWICE a night since! They really do cut out the air! We saw immediate results....he is sooooooooo much happier! :-) My sister just walked in so I'll talk to ya'll later! Have a great Tuesday! -Michelle
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:02 pm

Diana - she's adorable! so glad to hear that she's doing well.

Joy - sorry your DH still hasn't found anything..hope things look up soon for you!!

AFM: today hasn't been too bad - we had 2 good nights in a row, which makes me nervous....ODS was home today - no school for vets day - so it's a very long day for me..luckily, Logan had a good day and now the older 2 kids are playing together and Logan is happily swinging. I have my postpartum sugar test next tues morn - have to remember to fast for 12 hours before -- including no water!! that'll be the hardest part -- i tend to drink a lot in the evening - especially when bfing in the middle of the night...hopefully it will be normal and the GD was just GD not the start of anything else. Ok - time to catch up on other stuff before making dinner!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:19 pm

Diana- Welcome back!So glad that your beautiful little girl is home now with you!How is she doing for you?

Bekah-Most babies do poop at least once a day, but it is completely normal if they don't go every day.Luc however goes like 4-5 times a day and it seems like he usually waits until I just put a new diaper on when he goes Laughing Did your doc give you a prescription?

Heather- What is dreamfeeding?I've never heard of that...Is it feeding baby while your dreaming? Wink Cause if thats the case I do that alot...I'm sure I'm wrong about that tho...lol

Michelle-It's nice to have an easy baby isn't it?All 3 of mine have been pretty easy...Men always think that the babies are spoiled, but I think it's because when they hold the babies and they cry, the men don't know how to make them stop like we do...

Joy-That would be hard moving in with your MIL...No way would I ever move in with mine...She chain smokes and has a cat(allergic to regular cats)but she adores my boys...Hopefully your DH will find something soon...

AFM-AF is here in full force...ugh...I had my 6 week check up today too.Talked about BC...Keep your fingers crossed for me that my insurance covers the Mirena because otherwise it's $1000.00 up front, but it's good for 5 years.That would make me 34 years old when it would come out and I think I'd know at that point if I ever wanted more babies...I just don't see it happening but ya never know...

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:51 pm

thanks for the advice girls. I have given him 2 doses of the laxative so far. one last night and one this morning at 6, so I intend on giving him another one at 6 tonight. I hope this regulates his pooping. DF said he pooped this morning and it was like it used to be, pretty much like a poop explosion lol.

Michelle - Oh, otay. I was only wondering was all. I hope I didn't offend anyone Sad

Shannon - no, I didn't get a prescription.. now I apparently need a temporary medicaid card to get him in to see this doctor. I need a card saying I am going to get amerigroup(one of the providers), but they won't take me with just traditional medicaid. Well the medicaid place won't answer the effing phone EVER! I am so angry I could just scream!!!! GRRR

THEN, at my doctor's appt today, the doctor looks at my weight gain. I was 265 last time I saw him and that was July 07. so like a year and a half almost. And I told him I had a baby and all and he was like wow! I am now apparently 323 or 324... he was like, "You sure ballooned up since you got pregnant. How much did you gain during the pregnancy?" I was like, "I was 315 when I GOT pregnant, I'm only 10 pounds heavier now..." He kind of just made some comments and I'm sitting there thinking, You know... it's not very easy to eat healthy when you live on a budget! To eat REALLY healthy, you have to buy some expensive crap. Well, we need quick fix foods because we have a baby and I don't have a million hours to sit and bake chicken and watch it every two seconds when I've got a 2 month old baby who is very needy with the attention! I also don't have the time to be going to the gym, seeing as how my fiancee has strange (and never the same) work hours. So EXCUSE me for gaining a little weight... And you know, they say you gain weight and lose weight at certain times in your life. Like when you start living with someone you gain and when you get a new job, you lose. When you get pregnant, you gain, but afterward you can lose a bunch(cuz you forget to eat!). Well you know, I found a guy, I started living with him, then I quit my job and was trying to find a new one when I got pregnant. So... you know... suck it! Sorry guys.. I'm just a little pissed that he said that the way he did.. Ballooned... what a prick!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:16 pm

Shannon - Dreamfeeding is feeding them while they are sleeping. It works at night for Lexi. She is doing better today but still not her old self yet - we switched again to Lacto-free and she is tolerating the taste of that with lots of encouragement and distraction - it is like an olympic event getting 3 oz into her!!!!

Diana - WELCOME BACK!!!! SHE IS BEAUTIFUL! I am so happy to hear she is home with you.

Bekah - I would have read that Dr. the riot act!!! What a jerk!

Elise - So glad to hear Logan had a better day! Its been a long day for me too - our daycare person closed because she was sick so I had both my toddler and Lexi here all day! I hope you can get some rest soon.

michelle - we use dr. browns too and i am happy he is doing better for you on them! they make y-cut nipples too for if you add cereal to the bottle...

joy - my hubby is still searching too - i will pray yours finds something soon!

Lets hope I can keep Lexi eating....

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:44 pm

Hey Bekah no offense taken! I hope I didn't come off abrupt or anything...sorry if I did! :-(
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:41 pm

Diana - I am so glad Aubrey is home. She is precious! I am so glad to see you back.

Michelle (Chayce)- Yeah I am glad they are helping Brenden out. They made a world of difference for Nate.

Bekah - I hope you get to feeling better.

Shannon - I have been wondering how soon AF would come back. To tell you the truth I havent missed her much. With the C-section I only bled for like 2 weeks and nothing since. I am sure it will be soon and this care free time will be over.

Joy and Heather - I am sending good job finding vibes your way.

AFM - Today is my birthday and I am 33 years old. Its so nice to be on the downward slope of my early 30s. Its been a rough day. Nate has had a needy no need to sleep and tons of poopy diapers day. I think his body maybe regulating itself. Here is keeping my fingers crossed for that one. I have a dog that recently started barking constantly. I cant stand it. I love him but want to have his vocal cords removed. My other dog decided to track mud all through the house because we had some rain and he found a puddle he liked. That and i had a DA at 1:45 and I nearly missed it because I couldnt find the time to put clothes on. Nate just wouldnt sleep so I couldnt shower. Finally at the last minute he fell asleep and I took the fastest shower on record and hurried to get out the door. Well as soon as I picked Nate up to put him in his car seat he spit up all over him self. Now here is where I get the bad mommy of the year award - My appointment was 10 minutes later so I just put him in the car seat and covered him up with a blanket and off to the Dr I went. DH should be home soon and he is getting the baby and we are going to dinner where I will either have a margarita or some wine depending on the restaurant. Well Nate is fussing - time for him to eat. I should get going.

Take Care Ladies!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:08 pm

Diana- So happy to see a post for you...I was just thinking this morning that I was going to hunt down the old board to see if you were clickable so I could email you. I am so happy to hear that she is home!!! She is just beautiful. Are they following up with you to see if you possibly still have any sugar issues?

Amy- Happy Birthday!!! I am sorry today has been rough, I too have a dog that I would love to no end to have his vocal chords removed...unfortunately, McKenna now tells him to shut up.

AFM- nothing much, still waiting to get paid...it has been three weeks now, and I am at my wits end...I will be trying to call again tomorrow.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:26 pm

Amy-HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!I think that your dog must be barking to my dog up here in NY...LOL...Yeah not so thrilled about AF either...Doesn't seem fair that she should rear her ugly head so early, but at least I know that my little slip w/DH didn't catch if ya know what I mean Wink

Kim-OMG you poor thing!!!I hope you teach them a few new naughty words when you finally get through and find out where your money is!!

So at my doctors appt I got weighed...Haven't gained or lost anything since I went in at my 2 week checkup...Havent decided if thats good or bad...
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:36 am

Diana! Omg she’s soo sweet congrats!

I'm sorry for all of you with gas and such problems. My LO does have gas but i found that if i put him down sitting in his boppy after he eats the elevation helps him gas or poop or whatever he needs to do.. if i don't do that he wakes up screaming i pick him up he lets one and giggles.. i kid you not then goes back to sleep grinning the whole time... I don't think its gas smiles i think its amusement at the gas that makes the little ones smile.. knowing they are putting there daddy to shame with there farts and no one can make them shamed for it! lol
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:53 am

Thanks ladies...it's good to be back!

Amy, Happy Birthday!! That doesn't get a bad mommy award...it made me laugh. Hey, Nate didn't know the difference or anyone else but you for that matter.

Kim, At my 2 week appt the doc said something about checking at 6 weeks. That appt is on the 20th so I guess I'll know then what they're going to do. My BP was higher at my 2 week than it was when they decided to induce so I've been keeping an eye on that too and it's going down.

Shannon, We're doing good...she's only been eating from a bottle for about 2 1/2 weeks, they had her on a feeding tube so we're still working up on the feeds. She's gassy and a little spitty so it's reassuring to hear that others are having those same issues.
On the Mylicon board were you the one that said you use gripe water? What is that???

Bekah, hope the doc gave you something and you're feeling better.

Michelle, the hospital suggested Dr Brown's for us and I happened to get 2 of them as a gift. So we went and bought more b/c even though she is still gassy, it's much better than it was w/o the Dr B's.

Joy, hope things work out for you and you don't have to move to MIL's. It sounds like a full house.

Elise, GL with your sugars.

Jessi, I'll have to try to Boppy.

AFM: Having a little bit of cabin fever. The hospital made me a little paranoid about taking LO out in flu season. The pediatrician made me feel a little better. She told us we can't quit living our lives but not to take her out just to go shopping. I want to take her everywhere...but I won't.
I have gotten out a little bit here and there b/c DH was off last week and this week. I'm going to miss him next week and it will be time to figure out a routine alone.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:36 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY!! Hope it was filled with yummy treats and lots of wonderful suprises! :-)

Jessi - we are just now starting to use the boppi. I don't know why I waited so long to pull it out but Brenden does like to lay on his tummy with it. And he does the same as your LO....gasses up the house! LOL

Kim- that is unbelievable about your pay! I don't know what people think...how someone can just go so long without the money they were promised and depend on. Hope it works out really soon! :-(

Diana- my first son was in the NICU for close to 3 months and I understand how you feel. It's so overwhelming and being cooped up doesn't help especially when you want to show your little off! Did they recommend the RSV vaccines for Aubrey?

AFM - Yesterday was weird. Brenden slept most of the day which was nice considering I had to go to the grocery store and then I went to lunch with my sister....he slept the entire time! Last night was a little hard to get him to actually go to bed but he ended up passing out at 9:30 and he slept until 3:15am!!! WOO HOO! I was so excited. Then he got up at 5am wanting more food and passed out before the bottle was finished. I couldn't wake him up for nothing and now at 6:30 hubby is up and feeding him again. Kinda crazy....he did this cluster feeding the other day also so maybe he is in a growing spurt?? I can not believe he is 7 weeks old today! Hopefully we are spending the day cleaning so I'll be off and on the computer! Ya'll have a wonderful Wednesday! -Michelle
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:49 am

Just have to tell you all about my crazy night...

So Lexi decides she gets her appetite back - but I still have to perform olympic maneuvers to keep her comfortable drinking from the bottle. I had to stand under the light holding her with one arm and holding the bottle while swaying and shushing her to keep drinking - but she ate!

Then she started screaming and then my toddler started screaming because he was constipated. Then he wouldn't eat his dinner. Our neighbors probably thought we were beating our kids!

So while Lexi is screaming and DH is trying to comfort her I am trying to get a suppository into a 36lb. 2 year old! I got it in and let him run around in his diaper hoping he would poop. We let him stay up until 9 - an hour past his bedtime in hopes he would poop - nooo poop. Still no poop this morning and he was crankyyy.

She did okay overnight - woke up twice to eat, but then I couldn't go to sleep at 3 because my mind started racing again. Oh the anxiety.

She woke up at 8 and I gave her prevacid, changed her and now she is still sleeping!

I wish I knew how I could get the evenings under control. We go back to the ped on Friday and hopefully we can get a GI appt.

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:34 am

Michelle, Her ped. is checking to see if the insurance will cover the shots for her. At the hospital they told me she wouldn't qualify b/c they have to be premature. I think it's ridiculous, premature or not, her lungs were premature and she spend 3+ weeks on oxygen.
We'll see....it's all about the insurance companies. The shot cost approx $1500/month but the NICU rooms were $1600/day so you would think they would do the math.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:27 pm

Diana-did they ever do any growth ultrasounds to see how big she was getting before hand? Was your belly ever measuring really big? I am sure these are questions you have answered before, I just can't remember...I just wanted to see if there was anything that could have clued them in there might be issues....do you think you really had GD and it just went undiagnosed? I am just glad that she is doing better and is home.

AFM- called TDI again today and finally got some answers, the lady today was really nice, apparently what has been holding things up is that when they sent my Dr's office the status update paperwork all they wrote when they faxed it back was out for 6 weeks...nothing saying I had the baby, no delivery date, nothing about it being a c-section ect...so basically TDI wasn't sure why I was still out of work, so to make things quicker they had me call my Dr's office and tell them that the paper needed to be re-faxed and that they just need to add to it that I had a c-section 10/2 at South County Hospital and that I would be out for 8 weeks from that date...and have them put it attention to the lady I talked to....so hopefully I can get paid by friday...I certainly hope so, as of today they owe me $2100!!! I have drained all my extra savings in order to get by...and I have nothing left with a stack of bills waiting to be paid.

My 6 week post partum visit is tomorrow too...and I should find out the results of my diabetes test, I took the two hour glucose tolerance test last week....I am kind of nervous about that.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:47 pm

Heather- I think I won the craziest preggo award, hands down, but you definetly have the craziest baby award...Not that your LO is crazy, but right now things are crazy for you...Hopefully that didn't sound mean because I sooo didn't mean it to...Hope your 2 year old goes potty soon for you...Constipation sucks!

Diana-Gripe Water is similar to Mylicon drops, but is all natural(or its supposed to be if it's the right kind).The one called "Colic Calm" offers a 30day guarantee.It's supposed to help with everything stomach related like, gas, reflux, gas, colic, and supposedly even teething...It can even be taken by adults as well...I use it for Lucas when he's super fussy and it seems to calm him and help get those bubbles out that I couldn't get...
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum