Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January Already???

+9
eileen bauer
Kim
tweetie462
rocknrollmommy616
mnelson80
MichelleL
ladydy
PolloLoco75
mythreesons
13 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

January Already??? Empty January Already???

Post by mythreesons Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:29 pm

Ok so where did the time go???Seems like just yesterday we were all preggo and waiting for our LO's...Thought I'd start out the new year and new month...Will post more later!

Happy New Year Mommas and Babies!!!!!!!!

Hugs,
Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

January Already??? Empty Re: January Already???

Post by PolloLoco75 Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:59 am

Happy Happy New Year! It seems like just yesterday I found out I was pregnant... Wow what a year for us all. Here is hoping 2009 is better in many ways (financially, economically, etc) love you ladies! Dont know what I would have done in 2008 with out y'all!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:36 am

I wish you all a very happy and healthy 2009!!

It should be filled with alot of fun "firsts"
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:38 am

Happy New Year friends!!!!

Honestly, DH and I are having a lot of relationship problems and I don't know how 2009 is going to turn out for us but I know it's going to get better soon....it just may get a lot darker before the dawn.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:58 am

Good luck Michelle......
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:44 am

I second you on that one Michelle. I've really finally had enough. I went to that party and rang in the New Year by myself. Of course he called SEVERAL times while I was on the way there to try to guilt me into not going, picking him up ect. Cussing me out. Finally I just told him, I'm not staying on the phone to listen to you speak to me this way, so bye. ( But I said it really really nice) He said all these things about not to call him at 12 not to speak to him when I got home blah blah blah.. I knew when I got there he would have dranken himself into a stuper and just be "wanting some". He ended up calling me at 12 and wasn't that drunk when I got home. Stuid thing was he was mad I took the kids to his mom's but who's the dumb one who stayed home and should have been watching them himself?? Anyway.. we had a big talk which when fairly well for once and he of course promised to make a lot of changes that he didn't want to lose me. We'll see. He's got about 5 months to switch it up pretty major or I leave when the lease is up. Should be interesting...
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:10 pm

I hear ya' Michelle! I don't know exactly how to explain my DH. He is a good man, works hard, provides for us very well, and used to be layed back and so easy going. Several months ago his attitude just changed. I mean like over night. Things he never cared about before (what type of dog food I buy, the hotel reservations I make, ect) all of sudden he wants a say in. And it's not just that he wants to help make decisions, he wants to contradict everything I say (for the sake of having a DIFFERENT opinion) and turn hateful when I'm like "what the heck?". It seems like when he figured out I was going to call him out on his mean/hateful/rude attitude he started picking on Dawson. I don't know what's up. He can be hateful with his words to Dawson and in the same breath smile and coo at the baby. I'm just so sick of it...including the arguing. I can honestly say we are not the "happy home" we were just a few short months ago. I don't want the arguments taking a toll on my kids. I've gone thru a lot, getting pregnant unexpectantly, selling my bakery, and deciding to stay home with my kiddos. It's been a HUGE change going from running a successful business to being in this house all of the time. At first I thought I was just being too sensitive to his remarks, words, and general attitude but as the months have gone by I know something is just not right. It's been really hard...we've been married 11 years come February. I want my old DH back....I don't like this new one. Thanks for letting me vent!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:18 pm

I hear you girls with the DH's.My DH has a wicked temper...Not violent or anything just a nasty mouth and I can't stand it.I know they say you shouldn't try to change the person you're with but honestly some things should change as you grow up and have a family.The "f" word doesn't need to be part of every other sentence.I will totally say that my 2 older boys can be a real handful and sonetimes getting them to listen is like pulling teeth.BUT they are just little kids and screaming is not a good way to get them to listen.But thats how he was raised so....He knows he shouldnt yell but he gets frustrated so fast.It gets exausting getting in the middle of him yelling but majority of the time I just do NOT feel that the kids deserve to be yelled at.Not to mention that people can hear him outside and its embarrassing.I keep reminding him that they will be the ones choosing his senior home when he gets old so he better be nice.In his case its two things.One is how he was raised by his parents(luckily he doesn't hit my kids like his parents did to him), and two is lack of sleep.When he's rested he's a different person.The thing I don't get is that he wants more children...Doesn't make sense because I do at least 95-98% of the child care(even when I worked full time).I love him and have tried for ever to get this to change.I've asked him to do counseling but he won't take time out of work to do that.He says once we're out of debt he'll quit the second job.I told him quit the second job, concentrate on his first job and I will get a night job.

Anyway, I have 2 questions today...Kinda personal ones so don't answer if you don't feel comfortable...To the women with the Mirena-How long did you bleed for after getting it put in?I got mine on the 8th(I think) and bled lightly for a few days then stopped for about 4 days then have been bleeding lightly ever since...Ugh...I know you can bleed for 4-6 weeks after but its annoying...Ok second question-Anyone not interested in sex?I was before I got my Mirena put in, and have done it once since then, but I have absolutely NO interest in sex right now...Everyone here is finally on the mend health wise(no more fevers for Lucas-WOOHOO!!!)..Wondering and hoping its just because of how crazy the entire month of December was for us...I feel bad because DH was in the mood yesterday and I wanted no part of it...Ok thats it for me...Have a good Monday ladies(is that possible?)

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:32 pm

Michelles - I'm sorry you guys are having such bad troubles with DH(you too Shannon). Our problem is really me. I'm the one with the hot temper and the criticism. DH and I went and saw Fireproof last Tuesday and it kind of opened my eyes. New Year's Eve I got super pissed at him for no reason at all and went into our room and blared heavy metal and started cleaning! I stopped for a minute and sat down and prayed. I haven't done that in a long time. I know the movie is cheesy and has bad acting, but those of you having problems with your marriage. I encourage you to find a sitter, go have dinner with your DH and go see Fireproof. Sometimes I think alone time with DH is all you really need. I know it sure gets hectic around here enough to not have time to spend with my DH. HTH

Shannon - I have had really irregular periods and i was bleeding for a while during my first period after mirena. And I'm still spotty after my most recent period. I know this is gross but I've had a lot of discharge and I don't know if its the lining of my uterus or this yeast infection I'm trying to get rid of. Who knows! As for the sex. Actually, no! I've been really ready to DTD on several occasions. DH likes that lol, he's terrible! But no, no problems with not wanting to DTD. Sorry. Sad

AFM - I'm so glad Joey is sleeping through the night, but now I think I have friggin Sleep apnea! I toss and turn all night and I don't seem to get any really restful sleep. I have quite a few dreams which means I have plenty of active REM sleep but not heavy sleep. It's really annoying actually, especially when DH has to work the next day. But Joseph is eating 4oz every 2 or so hours. So he's going through a MEAN growth spurt.

Well, I turn 21 on the thirteenth! yeehaw! I am planning for my mom to watch joey for the night so I can go celebrate it. I never really ask her to babysit joey at all. The most recent was last tuesday and that's because DH and I REALLY needed some alone time. But the problem is that her birthday is the 15, that thursday. So, I asked her if she could see when her plans were to celebrate her b-day with her friends and BF. She's really cool and was like, "sure! You may have to have it the next weekend, but I'll find out." So I'm not bummed out or anything, just trying to get everything sorted out so DH can get an early day the day of my party or something.

Anyways, Happy new year girls! I'm glad we finally made it to 2009 with all of our babies! It seemed like our whole year revolved around our babies doesn't it? well here's to 2009! The year of a million firsts! ^_~
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:52 pm

Shannon- I had heavy bleeding like 1 hour to 3 hours after I had it put in ( Nov 20th) then spoted for a few days. It wasn't so bad.. however when my cycle did show up I think Dec 16th.. it was really light.. however.. it totally lingered for TWO WEEKS.. BLAH.. I would think it was gone and just in time to ruin another pair of underware it would return. So lame! I also had a an extended family memeber who was considering getting her's taken out because she was still spotting every day after 3 months! I'm not sure whatever happened with it because she doesn't come around anymore, but that would probably be enough for me to get it yanked. And YES! I was totally into DTD while I was on no BC.. I was scared to death and sorry if this is TMI, but for the first time in a REALLY LONG while it actually felt good. I don't know if I just don't fare the hormones well or what, but I could care less about it again. It doesn't help that SO kind of repulses me most of the time so even when I do kind of feel like it I end but NEVER initiating things because I lose interset so quick. So I guess I'm not much help there except to say that I agree with All of the Above..LOL

Michelle- I know what you mean about your DH acting two diffenent ways with the kids. Ours is the opposit though. SO just loves on DD all the time and almost totally ignores Dominic. It's so sad. I'm pretty sure he still chalks it up the the fact that he didn't want anymore kids. But that's the part that almost always sends me running for the hills. I don't want the kids to go through this crap. There are so many saysing.. better to be from a broken home than in a broken home, that all rign true. I find myself yelling more and more because I just have a short fues dealing with him and with DD. She's so overly defiant it's not even funny. And it's really because he underminds me a lot and we have NO consistancy in parenting styles or disapline so she knows if she tries enough crap she'll eventually get what she wants. It makes me soooo mad. He's saying once again that he'll change but I'm not sure there hasn't been to much damage already. I mean after 5 years and two kids if this relationship is going to work we should be willing to commit already. But there is just no chance of that right now and it makes me feel stupid. Anyway.. enough rambling.. I hope you guys can get things worked out. Have you told him how you feel about the way he acts towards Dawson? That seems strange that he would just start that all of a sudden.

ok.. I'm not trying to miss anyone, but I really should get some work done..LOL I'll BBL..
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:22 pm

Michelle L - So sorry you and DH are going thru such a rough patch. Has he seen his dr lately? Maybe there is something wrong - it sounds like he went through a personality change all of a sudden!

Shannon - Sorry your DH is being a pill. Sounds like stress maybe? I know with us, I'm always stressed out and DH is way too passive at times and then blows his lid (never physically) over the silliest things.

AFM: Logan actually slept in his crib from about 10pm until 5am!! I couldn't believe it! I took him upstairs and nursed him around 8:15/8:30 and fell asleep with him (no big surprise), woke up about 10, put him in his crib, went to bed myself, got woken up at 3:45 because DD was throwing up, finally got back into bed and was almost asleep at 5, when Logan got up. Went in, fed him and we fell back asleep until about 7:30am. Not too bad -- I was just psyched he spent so long sleeping in his crib! And now, he's up there napping!! Yippee!! He's only been up there for about 15 min, but however long it lasts, I'll take it!

Not much else is going on. We spent yesterday at my parents house and tomorrow my mom and I are going shopping at the outlets. I'll have to take Logan probably, because he's in his "I only want Mommy" mode lately so DH isn't too keen on having all 3 kids at home for a long period (like hours).

Ok - should probably get something done other than mess around on Facebook and here. I just don't want to do anything but crawl into bed, but I can't 'cause DH had to go to a dr's appt, so I'm home alone with all 3. Hope everyone has a calm and relaxing (if possible) weekend!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:30 pm

Bekah-I vaguely remember turning 21 LOL...Have fun girl but oh boy be careful!!!!!!!My ODS's 6th birthday is the 17th(man I feel old now) so will be doing the birthday thing too although totally different from yours, unless your having a spiderman pinata?We got some great gift cards to restaurants(for xmas) so we have definite plans to get out and go eat together!

As for my DH, I know its lack of sleep that plays a HUGE part in his attitude because the first week that Lucas was home he only worked his day job and he was a VERY different man.Patient, smiley, sweet and gentle with the kids.The next week he went back to doing both jobs and each day he got a little bit shorter tempered...

Michelle(admin)-Glad to know its not just me Very Happy .I have a doc appointment on tuesday to make sure mirena is positioned ok so will mention the no interest in sex thing to my doc...very unusual for me...Usually always ready to jump on DH.hehehe.

MichelleL-Did anything out of the ordinary happen around the time your DH started acting different?You have had a hectic year and maybe thats affecting him in a different way.Not to say how he's acting is right...Maybe an early life crisis?Sorry hun, I hope things get better for ya!Here all day if ya need to chat...

Elise-Yahoo to sleeping in his crib!!!!!!!!!!!!Lucas starts out every night in his snuggle nest but once I take him out to nurse I cant figure out how to get him back into it since I'm asleep and so is he..LOL...Hope your DD feels better!

AFM-Ok so am working on healthier meal ideas this week since I totally pigged out the last 2 weeks...DH has put on a few pounds too and although it doesnt bother me(He's still gorgeous in my book)I know its bothering him so we're going to start doing something about it!In fact Luc too a 2 hour nap this afternoon so I got most of dinner together...WE're having porcupine turkeyballs in spaghetti sauce and I'll throw in some brocolli..Yummy!!!I made a really yummy and healthy chicken tortilla soup last week...I think I may need to go eat some carrots oe something because I'm hungry...LOLOther than that, still slowly trying to get house organized after the holidays and thats taking awhile...Anyone see Marley & Me?Going this weekend to see it!

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:16 pm

Bekah - I think if we spent an evening out together one of us might not make it! LOL There is no conversing anymore....just attitude.

Michelle - I did talk to him about the way he is acting towards Dawson especially after Dawson came to me wanting to talk himself. He was very hurt that his daddy is being so mean. Needless to say when I talked to DH it didn't go well....I ended up really really mad and nearly took his head off when he said "I'm not treating Dawson any way!" He just denies everything....like his brain is hearing something different than what is coming out of his mouth. I understand what you are saying about the consistancy. DH and I are NOT on the same page with discipline and Dawson doesn't listen to him at all....but only because he is not consistant. That child will snap at his dad like no one's business and DH just gets red in the face and walks off or starts yelling and coping the same attitude Dawson does. It's quite insane and I swear if he saw himself on camera he would die of embaressment. I can tell that kid to go pick his nose upside in a corner and he would do it....not because he is afraid of me but because he respects me and what I tell him.

Elise - He has seen the doc not long ago but this issue started before that. I don't see how someone can just change themselves so quickly. If he didn't have a fabulous job in corporate aviation that is a stickler for random drug testing I would think he was on something....

Shannon - Two things have happened that have changed our relationship. Last September I went to Virginia and spent 4 days hanging out with friends and going to American Idol concerts. It sounds wierd but i think it was my midlife crisis. I had his blessing when I left but once he found out Chris Richardson (the American Idol I went to see) gave us back stage passes ect he freaked. When I got home he was really nasty. I had a great time and I didn't do anything wrong but he was so jealous it was disgusting! The other thing is he received a promotion at work and left the mechanics he has spent years working with. Well, the new guys are master mechanics and since he just moved over there they treat him like the new guy on the block even though he's been with the company 16 years come March. Personally, I think he's had a huge drop in self esteem because of those jerks and he is taking it out on me/us because he can't afford to fly off the handle at someone and lose his job. He says that that is not so but what the hell do men know anyway??? Do they ever really look at the problem or just the coas the real issue is causing?

Ok, so now this entire post has been about me. I am so sorry to be so self consumed. My mind has been zinging for several days now and I'm scared I'm going to end up being a single mom with 2 kids and no job. I took the money from the sale of my shop and put it in a money market account but I don't see how I could possibly start over with a new baby....it was hard enough the first time. I also signed a disclaimer that I wouldn't operate any kind of food business for 1 year. I'm so lost....
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:56 pm

Michelle- I honestly was thinking the same thing as Elsie...has his blood work been checked recently? Maybe a chemical imbalance in his brain, triggered by stress of the baby...at the very least couples counseling should be considered.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:58 am

Hi Everyone -

Michelle - I am sorry you are having issues with your DH. It seems like that kind of stuff is in the air these days. I dont know if its the stress of the economy and employment or what. Would he agree to counseling? I am a big believer in it. I was in counseling for a year (by myself) and it was one of the best things I ever did. See if he would go for it. You also might get an audio or video recorder and just hit record when he starts one of his episodes and show him what you are talking about. Sometimes people don't realizing how they are acting. Showing them can sometimes lend some perspective. Or it could piss them off more. I swear its all a crap shoot! Good luck girl!

Bekah - Happy birthday early! I remember turning 21... That was only 12 years ago... Wow do I feel old. I hope you and your mom get everything worked out with the babysitting. Be safe but have a Great Time! Oh and I would get that sleep apnea stuff checked out if you can. My mom has it and it can be pretty serious and I know you want to be there for Joey.

AFM - Well I only have 3 more days of maternity leave left. Its so sad. I have had to spend all of my time getting stuff together for Nate to start his daycare/school. I have had to put name tags on all his stuff and make sure we have all these forms filled out. I have to get an extra Rx for his Zantac for the school etc. Its been a lot of work. That and I am really sad that I cant stay home. I want to work but I dont want to miss a second of his day. Its so hard. I never thought I would want to be a stay at home mom but I have enjoyed it.

I have also been a bit nervous. AF was supposed to be here a few days ago and nothing. I am on the Yaz BC pill and I got scared because I had been on antibiotics with my toe surgery. Well you can get PG when on antibiotics. So hopefully its going to start anytime now. It sure feels like it will. I just dont want to be pregnant so soon! I woujld love the baby of course but I am just not ready. I figured it out and realized that I would be due in August of 2009. I just am not ready for that. Keep your fingers crossed for me ladies that its just the Pills mixing with my body trying to get back on track after birth. I guess thats all. I should get going. We are trying to get ourselves on a schedule too. I wont be able to sleep in (past 6 AM) for much longer.

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:30 am

yay I revamped my tickers with better updated pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:17 pm

Amy- Going back to work is tough.I was torn with both of mine too, but then I was so refreshed from being away that when I was with DC the worst times didn't quite seem so bad.Hope AF shows soon for you!

Joy- Nice tickers!!!

Michelle- Sorry your DH is still not being very nice.Hope things will get better soon.It was a very stressful year for all of us in various ways and sometimes DH's react in opposite ways than we expect them too.Hugs!!

AFM- Had a great weekend!Yes you read that right...Other than ODS being a grump and trying to ruin the weekend it went fine.ODS has a bit of an attitude problem and thinks its ok to back talk.Nope not ok with me.He's fine with me but gives his dad some issues.When I went on Saturday to see Marley& Me he wsa so horrible for DH that DH videotaped it.I was so mad I wouldn;t even watch it.It made me mad that I couldnt go out for 3 hours without utter chaos happening while I was gone.I told DH, it was time to grow up and deal with it since I did it all day while he works.I need "me"time too.Then we had dinner and I was getting Luc ready for a bath and I came out to get him(DH was getting his clothes off) and ODS was talking to him and he just started cracking up laughing!It was absolutely hysterical to watch!He laughed so hard at everything ODS was saying for about 10 minutes!I videotaped it on my phone.So darn adorable!!!Remind me why I don;t want more babies!!! Then I discovered a good cure for cradle cap...I don;t know why I didnt do it sooner...Instead of using baby oil which leaves the hair greasy, I used olive oil and an old soft toothbrush.I gently rubbed in a circular pattern for a minute or two and washed his hair.Got almost all of it...Did the same thing 2 nights later and now its ALL gone!!!!He he he...I'm such a dork I know...LOL but very excited that his hair isn't all crazy greasy and the cradle cap is gone without having to go to crazy extremes.Ok am off to clean since Lucas is taking a nap.

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:05 pm

Hi Everyone!

AF showed up!!! YEAH! Lets breathe a sigh of relief. I know I did. I wasnt quite ready to give up wine again. Wink

Shannon- I am glad you had a great weekend. Nate has started laughing too. I can get him going by tickling him. I love it so i try to do it all the time. It doesnt always work but I swear his laughing is the best medicine! Oh and on the cradle cap - Our Dr told us to use baby shampoo and a toothbrush. It has worked like a charm. We did olive oil too. First put olive oil on for 10 min then give him a bath and scrub with the toothbrush shampoo combo - its amazing! I am glad you found it!

Well my plans for today have been thrown off a bit. I was going to run a bunch of errands to get ready to go back to work but the weather decided to be cold and possibly icy. So in we stay. I guess I can do everything tomorrow. I got on my Wii fit this morning and it told me I have lost 1.8 lbs since Christmas! I am so shocked because its been filled with pasta, chocolate, cheesecake (so much cheesecake!) and any other sugary carb you can throw in ther. So i worked out for 35 minutes. Talk about inspiring! Here is hoping I am in my old clothes soon. I dont know what I am going to be wearing to work. Blah! Oh well I guess I should go and get some laundry done.

Take Care Ladies!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:19 pm

i wrote more abotu this int eh vent but i need advice...okay well family can really suck sometimes. my mother until today was living with us and had planned on moving out in feb. however her and my husband got into it last night becasue she is a mess fo a person adn manipulative and does things to hurt me all the time. well this morning she moved out. she told my children that i was making her leave and that she would never see them again and it was all my fault. and she had to go off and yell and scream at me as she was leaving about how terrible of a daughter i am and how bad i treated her and how could i hurt her like this and blah blah blah. everyone who konws my mother and me is like good riddins but well it hurts. how do i handle this with my 8 yr odl adn 3 yr old? the 8 yr ikld i will just tell that grammy had to go help her friend in another town but my 3 yr iold is attached at the hip with her so not sure how to handle it.
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:49 pm

Shannon- ODS and my DH have the same problem. I used to step in (since ODS actually listens to me) and make Dawson straighten up. Then one day it dawned on me....DH has to do this himself....I am not helping anyone. Once the dad figures out that they have to COMMAND respect, they don't just get it because they are dad, things will get better. I can not command respect for my husband...he has to do it himself. I've tried explaining to him that he is doing a dis-services to his son(s) and quite possibly ruining the future of their relationship but he just doesn't get it. In the mean time we can be at Walmart and Dawson will be acting up and he'll tell him to stop and he won't and then I will and he stops immediately....hopefully he'll get tired of getting embarressed soon. And yes, you do need some time to yourself! Everyone does! BTW, I saw Marley and Me this past weekend also and it was sooooooooo funny...but what's up with the sad part?? I had to use popcorn soaked napkins to wipe my tears! LOL

Amy - It's cold here too! No ice, but definately COLD! Fantastic on the losing weight!!! I've gained like 9lbs since Christmas....oops. Are you looking forward to going back to work or still on the fence?

Eileen - It's really hard when a family member is like that! Especially when it's your mom! I don't know how to exactly tell you to do this but the end result needs to be a line drawn for your kids. They need to understand she is your mom and you are there mom. Whatever you say is the way it is! I think as daughters we all have a tendacy to let our mother's get too close and it interferes with us raising our own children. Your mom sounds like she needs to grow up and learn how to put the feelings of her grandchildren before her mouth. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but her love for them should definately trump her madness at you!

AFM - Today I've just had enough. Brenden is super clingy and won't sleep. I got so frustrated earlier I gave him his zantac with tylenol (instead of the mylicon I normally use) and forced him, by holding his head in one hand and patting it butt with the other while he was wrapped in a blanket, to shut up and go to sleep. He's in his bed right now, but I don't know for how long. This is going to be a bad week because I'm going to force a schedule on him. I just can't take it anyomre. I am so freakin' tired and I'm sick of my house being a mess because he won't nap the way he should. I know I sound mean, but I love my son and I am not doing him any favors by letting him run the show. He's 3 1/2 months old for crying out loud...how can he possibly rule the roost effectively????? Wish me luck...
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:04 pm

MichelleL-Have you read the book Marley & Me?Its the same but different...The end was actually more like the book.I liked the movie but it wasn't my favorite.Just because I have read the book and know the differences between the two.

Eileen- I remember reading quite a few posts about your mother and I think you are better off as well.She has enough issues that she needs some help and its not fair for you to have to be the brunt of her being nasty.It will be hard for your 3 year old being so close but eventually will adjustI would stick to the same story for both kids to keep it consistent.{{HUGS}}

AFM-BABY CHANCE UPDATE:Ok so does anyone remember the crazy story about my neighbors step-daughter who had the baby 10 weeks early?I babysat him a few times while preggo late summer...Well anyway his momma is not doing her job as a momma really well at all.Brit got caught with marijuana in his carseat-WITH HIM IN IT!!!!!!Anyway she called Mary saying she had no place to go and so they let her come home for the night with Chance.DSS showed up and didnt take Chance that night because he was at Marys house and is safe there.Well Brit blew her last Chance when DSS called Mary and asked if she was still there and she wasn't.SHe didn't show up for a court appearance today so there's now a warrant for Brits arrest.DSS will be placing Chance in "foster care"with Mary and Larry.Her and I had talked about this last week and I told her that I could watch him during the day.So she called me today and asked if I really was serious.I said of course I would watch him.So as soon as she has him we will begin setting up a rehab plan for him.He's WAY behind on his development.Even though he was 10 weeks early, he could be alot farther ahead than he is.SHe just stuffs him full of formula to keep him quiet and sleepy.So sad...Anyway thats my story.I cant wait to get my hands on him Very Happy
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:43 pm

Just a question

Amy- I was looking at your signature picture of Nate and the carseat caught my eye....was wondering what kind of car seat it was looks kinda like mine(mine's well I mean Jeremiah's is a Chicco).... No real reason why I ask though just curiosity......

Also since we are discussing weight loss..not sure if I posted that within 24 hours after the New Year came in I came to figure out that while at our neighbors New years eve we picked up a germ thinkin it may have been the flu..first my daughter began puking all in her bed at like 6 am new years day then ods got up about 7 30am puking mind you I was up all night long with Jeremiah being a wee bit cranky later on probably 12 noon I then was puking + diarrhea then DH was up complaining of diarrhea issues..Luckily Jeremiah missed it all...thank God anyways to get to the point after 24 hours straight puking+diarrhea and not being able to eat or drink I dropped 10lb!!! LOL heck of a way to lose it but I'll take it....now to keep that off and lose more... Razz

But We're all better now whew...what a way to ring in the new year!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:59 pm

You know....I am really starting to wonder about all our mommies who have been missing for a really long time.....hope everything is well with them and their babies...

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:28 am

Joy - glad everyone is feeling better!

AFM: today life goes back to normal -- DH goes back to work -- he took last week off for vacation and was home yesterday because he had his appt with the dr for the big V. So, bye-bye help during the day! And tomorrow we're supposed to get snow and ice..icky weather! Sad Hopefully it won't be too bad and if anything ODS will only have a delay instead of a snow day!

Ok - time to get lunches packed and everyone ready for the day! Have a good day ladies! I know I have a busy one today!!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:59 am

Shannon- pot in his seat with him in it!!!! That is just so sad. I am glad that the state is finally going to step in. Now is she not going to be allowed to go to Mary's house? I honestly think that it would be in the best intrest of Chance for her to be out of his life. I am so happy that he does have a loving place to go...and that you will be helping him in developing into the best little baby he can be.

Joy- I was sick all New Year's eve to with the same thing. Luckily I was the only one in my family to get it. Landree got the rotavirus vaccine and I know that is supposed to prevent certain strains of the bug.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum