Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January Already???

+9
eileen bauer
Kim
tweetie462
rocknrollmommy616
mnelson80
MichelleL
ladydy
PolloLoco75
mythreesons
13 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

January Already??? - Page 9 Empty Re: January Already???

Post by mythreesons Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:13 am

Elise- Luc's fever went back up and I called the online service, told them he's had a fever off and on all day of 100.4-101.4 and he's wheezing and congested and his older brother is being treated for pneumonia andthat I haven't been able to put him down in 3 days and he said keep him hydrated and bring him in if he's not acting like himself.I know its hard to assess a child over the phone but he could her Luc screaming next to me and he even acknowledged that he could hear him...I'm so mad right now.Just waiting for the office to open to get him in.Fever is still 101 and he's so congested and wheezy...Poor baby!!!
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:24 am

poor Lucas!! Hopefully he'll get into the dr today and start to feel better!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by nursejessicadavis Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:20 pm

Hey everyone. Thanks for all the congrats. I just had a quick moment to get on here before I had to get to work. I am going to try and get to the doctor in the morning and get it confirmed...like I need confirmation after two pregnancy tests...no period since dec 10...hanging my head in the toliet...and that wonderful wave of nausea hitting right now as I type! But I need to go get the official confirm so I can make an appt!

My miss Chloe is teething so bad, I feel awful for her! We do the tylenol, the orajel, let her chew on everything, but she's still just miserable, especially at night time. Sad

Hope all of ya'll ladies are doing good!! Stay warm!
nursejessicadavis
nursejessicadavis

http://www.myspace.com/fairybitch4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:30 pm

Hey Ladies!
I hope everyone has had a restful weekend- or as restful as can be! I'm going to try to do personals but since it's been a few days, sorry if I forget anyone!

Amy- Hope Nate is feeling better!
Shannon- So sorry to hear about Lucas not feeling well, and DH2 I hope you got Lucas into an appt.
Kim- Yay for McKenna, Elise I think I remember your dd doing well too, if so, YAY!
Jessica- Wow!! Congrats
MichelleL- Hope the good sleeping has continued although I didn't get to read the last page of updates so you might have already said.
Michelle- Glad things have been going well with your SO!
Diana- The laugh must have been so exciting! I get a little giggle and a lot of sqeals but I can't wait for a big laugh!!

Well, Maddie is pretty much over her cold although she still feels a little warm off and on and her nose is still stuffed up. Me on the other hand- I have a full fledged cold and lucky me I used all of my sick time for maternity leave so I have to suck it up. We may be getting some snow on Wed. and as much as I'm sick of the cold, I'm rooting for the snow day!! On a nice note, I went home last Thurs. and my dh had flowers, a card and a vera bradley purse and wallet waiting for me. He said it was just because to thank me for all I've been doing and for picking up the extra slack lately- he works for the highway dept. and has had so much overtime plowing snow. It was such a nice treat!!

Have a great day!
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:47 pm

Kristen - that was so nice of your DH! How sweet!!

AFM: Rayna went to school in underwear today and stayed DRY!!!! YEAH!!!!! I think we have finally conquered the daytime battle!! I'll leave the nighttime one for another time -- once we have been daytime trained for a few months, unless she wants to wear underwear to sleep. Logan had his dr appt this morning (i posted on the dr appts thread) and now is sleeping peacefully in his car seat -- will probably try to transfer him out once i get another load of laundry done and couple of other things in case i end up losing my hands to holding a baby! Smile Ok-laundry is calling.....
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:05 pm

Good Morning Ladies,

Sorry I didnt post all weekend. Nate kept me busy.

Michelle (mnelson) - Poor Tatzeanna! How is her burn? I hope she is getting better and it doesnt scar.

Michelle (chayce) - Yes my doc said with his age anything that is over 100.5 he needs to be seen immediately if not by her than the ER. Oh and on your Dr. Browns and you had the glass break with them on the counter - Do you wash them in the Dishwasher? There are so many pieces, we just put them in a munchkin bottle parts basket or Dr Browns has their own dishwasher basket thing for their bottles. I dont know that I would do it with all those pieces by hand!

Joy - I am glad your sister was released from the hospital and able to go home. Good News!

Kim - We have been giving Nate Tylenol for his head and ear aches from his ear infections and sinus congestion. Is that wrong? I thought Tylenol could be used for more than fevers.
Congrats on McKennas PT-ing! That is AWESOME!

Congrats on your BFP! That is very exciting and will make life very interesting to say the least! So much love to be had! I hope Chloe gets to feeling better!

Elise - Yeah for Rayna! That is so great that she is staying dry at school. Good News!

Diana - Arent the laughs the best!?! I love Nate's little chuckle. Its such a great feeling when you get to expierence it.

Shannon - I am so sorry all your boys are sick. How is Luc doing? Did he get in to see the doc? I sure do hope he doesnt have pneumonia. Poor Kiddos! How are you doing? Illnesses are so stressful!
Oh and Congrats on your Valentines gift!

Kristen - I am glad Maddie is better and sorry you are sick. That happened to me last week. Wow those colds turn into the plague toot sweet! I hope you get to feeling better soon.

AFM - Well Nate is doing much better. The roughest part was Saturday when he was feeling bad from the ear infections and the diarreah kicked in. Good Times let me tell ya! So many baths in so little time! He is better today. We didnt go anywhere all weekend long. We just stayed home and rested. My mom came over on Saturday and spent the day and then we had my FIL over on Sunday. It was a bummer to have to come back to work today but I am happy that Nate is feeling better and was in good spirits this morning. You sure can tell when he has had enough and has hit the wall. Its an instant 360 in personallity. Its so crazy how that works. I guess that is about it for now.

Take Care Ladies! Here is hoping all the sickies get better and all the healthies stay that way!

Last edited by PolloLoco75 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:03 pm

Thanks all for the well wishes for Lucas.I will try and do personals later today.I got him in at 10am and just got home at about 1:45pm.He has fluid in his left ear thats causing him to pull of when he eats and with his wheezing they did a nebulizer treatment at the office and while it did help it didnt stop it.So we did xrays...Poor kid.For any of you who see your LO's get xrays done at a young age, it looks like a midevil torture chamber...So his xrays showed the beginnings of pneumnia...Luckily we've caught it early so for now we will treat him at home with antibiotics and nebulizer treatments.If his fever goes up even on tylenol or he stops eating or theres any change in his behavior(no matter how slight)we are to go directly to emergency.I mentioned that I thought that breastfeeding was supposed to help prevent these things and she said it lessens the affects of communicable colds and is supposed to prevent things like asthma and allergies...So thats the latest...

Amy-Glad to hear Nates doing better!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:41 pm

Shannon glad to hear you caught it early at least. yikes!

my 3 yr old has an ear infection but is being really good about it. he just told me "mamma ear hurt mamma". I am having the worst time keeping up with anything. I work 11pm-7am I sleep from 9:30-4 or 5 (that is 7-8 hours) and I also do school work online. but i can't seem to get the house clean and laundry done. can't get motivaterd either but who realy is motivated for it...lol Then when I do get the time and energy like today my daughter (8yr old) comes home with drama between her friends and is crying. So need to attend to that. ug and hubby is like hello clean the house it is your day off...lol I need a maid seriously...lol
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:03 pm

Amy - I am soooo glad Nate is doing better! :-) I did see the Dr. Brown's dishwasher thing when we first bought the bottles. I didn't get it because I wanted to wait and see if we liked them before spending another $30. Well, I went back to get it....I've never seen it again! So, I stand at the sink and wash every bottle, every piece, by hand....every night. It's 6 or 7 (sometimes Cool formula bottles and 2 juice bottles not to mention the 3 syringes and Dawson's 2 medicine cups for Zantac. It's really a pain.... I asked Brenden's pedi today about fevers since we've all been talking about it. She told me not to call unless it's 101 or over....and even then they will just give me verbal instructions on what to do unless he is lethargic or something. For Dawson not to call unless it's 104 or above unless his is lethargic. I guess every pedi is different....

Shannon - so glad ya'll caught it early. Hopefully this will be the end of sickness for your family....I can not imagine....

Eileen - You should live here. My friend has a maid...she only charges her $75 to clean her ENTIRE 2400 square foot house. And she does a really good job. I'm going to start using her when she gets an opening. I just don't have time to do the windows, base boards, ceiling fans and stuff like that. She's gonna charge me a whopping $50.... I nearly fainted. I have ceiling fans in 6 rooms and 2 in my kitchen....I also have 11 large windows and 2 sets of french doors. I wouldn't even do it for $50! LOL

AFM - I posted about our dr appt in the 4month check thread. Ya'll would have been laughing your cans off seeing me run thru my cul-de-sac trying to find a car seat this morning.....
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:23 pm

Quick post before I put Logan to bed -- he had cereal for the first time tonight and LOVED it!! I'll try to get back on later and post pictures!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:05 pm

Amy - I hope Nate is okay. Poor thing... Sad

Shannon - Poor Lucas! He just can't catch a break, and neither can you or the rest of your family! Man, there goes your New Year's Resolution lol to not have a family that is sick like 90% of the time. I dunno, maybe it's early and you will get all of your sickness out at the beginning of the year.. Here's hoping!

BTW what is it with all our LOs being sick? Joey has some nasty nasal congestion that I've tried so hard to clear up, but just can't get out... I elevated his crib mattress a little, bought a humidifier that we hope will help some tonight. I've also tried putting saline drops in his nose and then getting the mucus out with a bulb syringe... well if you have ever tried this, you know that it sucks really bad sticking the stupid thing up his nose and hearing him scream... he just won't stay still Sad But he's sleeping REALLY good thru the night. He'll go down around 11:30pm and then be down til like 3am or so and wake up for a diaper change and a bottle and then he slept til 10:30am! So we REALLY got some sleep last night! thank god! But, alas, he has not napped very well for the past few days and I think it's partially b/c of his little cold. We go to the doctor next week for 4 month shots, so hopefully the cold won't get worse before then. I hate not being able to take him in earlier... the D-bag doctor I have to take him to (medicaid) is on friggin vacation til the 1st..... It makes me want to hurt someone. so I guess we will just try these home remedies til it gets so bad we have to take him to the hospital.... stupid doctor..... UGH!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:50 am

Shannon-My goodness lady!!! When are you(and the DC) gonna get a break from all the sickies....I hope it comes sooner rather than later for you..its been nonstop on your end

Thankfully Jeremiah has not gotten sick since he was a few weeks old with a bit of congestion I thank God for that one...because He's definitely been exposed to flu and cold bugs since then....maybe he gets that from me not getting sick hardly at all. Worst thing I've ever had is sinusitis and really bad flu in my whole entire life...no chicken pox, measles none of it....

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:31 am

Amy- Tylenol is fine to give for aches and pains too...just no Motrin until after 6 months old. I give tylenol before shots even. I am glad he is feeling better.

Kristen- living right down the road from you...your DH must be out straight. It seems like this past week has been the only break in the snow that we have had...I am so not looking forward to more, especially since it is supposed to start tonight and I have to work.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:45 am

Kim- I know what you mean! I'm freakin sick of the snow, but on the other hand I would love a snow day tomorrow so I can spend the day with Maddie. It's a no win situation. The latest I heard this morning our house is like weather central around this time of the year is now it is supposed to start around 2-5 in the morning and go all day and change to sleet where I live. My dh is def. sick of it, and you're right this is the first break he has had. The last two weekends before this one he worked straight through! It's been rough. Be careful driving, have a safe trip to work, hopefully it doesn't start until you're there and it's not bad out when you leave!!
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:03 pm

Bekah - The congestion is going around. Nate is SUPER congested and so are all the kids at his daycare....hmmmm. Stay warm today and tomorrow and dont go anywhere unless you have to!

Kim - Oh good that is what I thought but I got worried.

Michelle(chayce) - Babies R Us online has those dishwasher baskets for 7 bucks each and that washes 3 bottles worth of parts. A wise investment. We only have one of those and a Munchkin bottle parts basket that I think was 5 bucks. Worth their weight in GOLD!

AFM - Well we are expecting ice and freezing rain today. JOY! I am at work now and Nate is at daycare since the Plano ISD never closes for weather. We are supposed to start freezing and getting bad around noon. Hopefully I will get to leave work early to go and pick him up. I dont want to drive on ice with him in the car. He is feeling better and better day by day. I hope his congestion goes away soon. He has such a runny nose that if he wasnt my kid I would be grossed out. DH does handle most of the nose bulb sucking. I have mucus issues. I do feel bad for Nate - he is just miserable. He rubs his head and his eyes a lot like they hurt. As soon as he gets better we are trying the rice cereal on him. We just have to get past the gastroenteritis first. We dont want to add anything extra on top of a stomach bug.
I guess that is it for now. All you ladies stay warm and I hope the winter storms dont hit you too hard.

Take Care,
Amy
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:16 pm

Shannon, sorry about Luc...u poor woman! u & the chitlins need a break!

Bekah, I don't think there is anything else u can do for a cold. Aubrey has had bad congestion for about a week and it's just been hanging around..no worse or better. We're doing all the same things u are, elevated the bed, humidifier & drops...oh and the sucker, I'm obssessed with it. She's sleeping & eating fine. We did let her sleep in her swing a few nights, last night was her first back in her bed and she woke up the same as in the swing. she's had a little congestion once before, we got rid of it and now it's back worse...Dr says it's so typical for this age, this time of year and as long as she's not wheezing, not laboring to breathe, no fever and eating fine there's really nothing else to do just let it runs it's course.

Amy, be careful out there. We got about 2" overnight and they are calling for an addt'l 3" but right now it's sleeting...it's the ice that sucks!!!

AFM:DH has been doing a big remodel job since layoff but he stayed home with us today since weather is kind of crappy...so I'm actually getting some work done and he's on princess duty.

I hope everyone's LO's are feeling better soon....I think the congestion bothers us more than them.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:44 pm

I do have a question for all u seasoned mom's.... does congestion go along with teething?
Aubrey is congested, rosie cheeks, blowing bubbles, chewing/sucking on her fists....
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:28 pm

Diana - I dont know if congestion goes along with teething but Nate is blowing bubbles and chewing his hands and really anything he can put in his mouth. He also has the pink cheeks but I didnt know if that was from being sick or teething.

AFM - Our company is letting everyone leave at 4 today. It seems like it is taking forever! I just want to go and get Nate and be at home on the couch cuddled up in a blanket playing. That and I need to figure out a good easy cold weather meal. We had chili the last couple of nights. DH hates stew! Can you believe it? That aggrivates me so much. I make an awesome stew and the response I get from him is "its ok - for stew". Bah! Back to the drawing board!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:06 pm

good for you amy getting to go home, i have to go to work atnight at 10 no matter what so think good thoughts for me and hopefully i am not the outside person tonight! that would be crappy...lol
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:54 pm

I am sorry everyone LO's are so sick...and a main reason they seem so sick to us is because they mainly breathe out of their nose so it stuffs up easier. They actually have to learn to breathe out of their mouths, that is why they sneeze so much as newborns...according to my ped.

Kristen-for down on the coast they are calling for 2-4inches starting around 3am...and then switching over to ice late morning with an accumulation of that also. I hope schools are canceled so I don't have to take ODD to gymnastics...but I don't want to waste the money if they aren't closed so I will have to take her.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:25 pm

Thanks all for thinking of Lucas...He is still running fevers off and on..He's still wheezing but seems a bit better after using his nebulizer...He hates the antibiotics(amoxicillin-I loved it as a kid Laughing )and the nebulizer.He's sleeping ALOT which I know he needs and I've been putting him in his swing more so that he's upright which seems to help. So we're supposed to get 1-3 inches tonight and tomorrow 6-10 inches...I hope we do because I don't want to bail out on cubscouts a second week in a row(Brady was sick last week with pneumonia) although I do have a good reason.They are supposed to be ice skating downtown and I just don't want to be out in the cold all night so I'm hoping we really get hammered with the snow.Although if Lucas doesn't start eating more then we will have a problem and either end up in emergency for iv fluids or back to the doctors and I do NOT want to bring 3 kids to the doctor or emergency room.ODS gets car sick and that isn't fun. But I will do anything to make this little boy feel better so we'll see how he does...

Hope everyone is dafe and stays warm with this lovely weather that is coming...Hope any LO's that aren't feeling the best start to feel better soon...

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:54 pm

Kim- Did your schools close today? Ours did! It was so nice to spend the day with Madison, plus it was my mom's bday so she hung out with us all day! Hope you didn't have to pay and take McKenna to gymnastics!

Hope everyone had a great day, off to do a little work for school tomorrow, meeting first thing.

Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:33 pm

Kristen- yup...we are in the Chariho area...I think the only school that didn't cancel down this way was Narragansett. It was really crappy this morning. Now we are having issues with flooding, since it turned over to rain there is no where for the water to go with all the snow on the road so so many roads have car eating puddles...now DH gets to take her to gymnastics next week because I have to work Cool
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:26 am

Diana - I was reading on babycenter about teething and symptoms and whether they correlate or have nothing to do with each other. Go check out the article here: http://www.babycenter.com/0_teething_11243.bc . Joey gets Rosie cheeks a lot too, but I don't know if he's flushed, or if it's just the eczema rearing its butt ugly head lol. He gets REALLY fussy some days and not at all other days. I've found that when he gets super fussy before bed, that i rub the night time formula of orajel on his gums(i think it must not be very tasty) and give him infant tylenol. He isn't at the weight for 1.6mL for it, so i give him .8 instead, which seems to be fine. His gums seem swollen on one side of his mouth, but not the other. i guess they come in one at a time.

Well its joey's bedtime so i gotta get outta here. ttyl girls! good luck with your babies!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:58 am

Well ladies with all this nasty weather I thoguht i woudl see mroe posts...lol here in austin we had a freeze minor but a freeze the schools started 2 hours later. B eing in law enforcment the weather doesn't mean anythign to me going to work or not thoguh ;-( but it was nice and crisp adn should be the next few mornings. hope everyone is hunkered down and has plenty of hot chocolate!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum