Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January Already???

+9
eileen bauer
Kim
tweetie462
rocknrollmommy616
mnelson80
MichelleL
ladydy
PolloLoco75
mythreesons
13 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

January Already??? - Page 2 Empty Re: January Already???

Post by eileen bauer Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:44 am

thanks shannon you are right my mom has a logn history and is a problem. I guess I jsut expected her to be an adult with my kids but she can't even be one with me i don't konw what i was thinking...lol good luck with teh baby!

Joy- so sorry you were stuck with the whole family being sick!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:51 am

Joy-Glad to hear that everyone is feeling better.We had that stomach bug back in December amongst other nasty illnesses...I'm wondering too about the mommas that we've not seen in awhile.Wondering if the site kicked them off and they couldn't figure out how to get back on.Happened to me but it was my own fault and luckily I had a way to contact Bekah and she got Michelle in touch with me to fiure it out...Hmm,,,,,

Kim- No Brit wouldn't be allowed at Mary's house.I think that will be tough for Larry as Brit is his daughter and he feels somewhat responsible for how she's turned out.(She was on a good path in life then went to visit her mom and wouldn't return cause mom let her do whatever she wanted)Its not his fault tho...I just hope they get ahold of her soon to get that baby away from her.

AFM- Ok so am wondering if me being grumpy this past month has anything to do with the Mirena or just how horrible the month of December went...For once I'm actually not bleeding from it...Sigh..who knows...So am off to the doctor to check the placement of my Mirena and to followup with my regular doctor..Bah I hate doctors!!!!

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:36 am

Kim- You know I did not even happen to think of it but Jeremiah had the Rotavirus Vaccine too mid Dec so that may just be the sole reason he didn't catch what we all had...I am so glad he didn't get it though it was nasty...

AFM- I forgot to add that my DD did ok up until later last night when she peed her undies but all yesterday she kept them dry then today got her up and took diaper off again this morning put undies on her again because she had said yes she wanted them when asked and she has went on the potty all today took a nap with diaper on DH put one on just in case and she woke up with it dry and is still dry... I am lookin hopeful Smile Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:45 am

Joy - glad to her DD to doing well...wish I could say the same!

AFM: today is going to be the longest day ever --- both kids have NO SCHOOL because of the snow/ice. I told DH this morning that there is only 2 things that can salvage my b-day....still having my determologist appt today and scouts getting cancelled for tonight. But today is going to STINK!!! grrrrrr
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:26 am

Elise- Is today your birthday???If so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!If not then I'm an airhead the way I read your post.LOL...My DS has school even with the ice, am not a happy camper about going to pick him up today.

Joy- ODS had Rotavirus when he was 2years old...Its so sad to see them sick for so long...It takes about a week to get over...

Eileen- Some adults need drama in their lives, if it's not there then they will create it.It sucks that its your own mother doing it and that you can't really rely on her to be a comforing mother.I knew a girl that was like that.She was horrible to be around...I hope things get better and that you can at least be social with her.

AFM- This weather SUCKS!!! I watched a guy do a 360 on a busy road-I live in the city where the roads are usually a little better and I'm a 1/4 mile from a major hospital...WTF?!I can't believe the schools are open...Well I take that back they are all closed in the area, but my DS SCHOOL!!!Now I have to go and try and pick him up later in this crap...Today is a throw food in the crock pot kind of day I think....Yup, I'm thinking turkey chili!Ok be back later...
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:32 am

Good morning,

Happy Birthday Elise!!

Glad to hear you are all starting to feel better.
We haven't had any bouts with the stomach bug YET, knock on wood, b/c it is going around. Aubrey had the vaccination too so hopefully she's clear, even though she puked most of it up.
DH has been sick with a cold for weeks...the cough is still lingering. I thought that I was clear b/c I didn't have it yet but it appeared earlier this week. I have a horrible sore throat, I can't remember the last sore throat I had, and my head is stuffy.

Shannon, I sure hope they keep that mother away. DH an I went thru all of our states foster & adoption classes right before I got prego and our state does everything in their power to rejoin families. I'm not saying that isn't a good thing but sometimes they need to cut the ties while the child is young instead of playing this back & forth game. MO has lost a huge part of their foster parents b/c of what the state is asking them to do...jump thru hoops.

Have a great day ladies...I'm getting some work done this morning...haha...and then we're out for the day running errands.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by TeraS Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:00 am

HI Ladies, Sorry I have been MIA for a long time, Dec was a crazy month for us! My DH got a job and started in Mid Dec! We have moved in with my parents and I've started working! And I couldn't get back in to post, Still read so I copied Michelle L and just made a new account!

I think it was Shannon that was asking about the Mirena and Bleeding, I got one and since I've had the baby I've maybe had a total of three weeks without bleeding, I had an ultrasound yesterday to check placement and to make sure nothing else is wrong and then I'm going to go forward and get an Ablasion done!! I'll have to get my tubes tied but I'm ready for that!

I'm sorry to everyone that is struggling with their DH's, We've had our share of battles and can relate to you all in that department!

Good Luck and I'll check in later!
TeraS
TeraS

http://rtscadden.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:03 pm

Happy Birthday Elise!!!

Tera good to see you again!

Hope everyones day is better than mine i had a root canal this morning...lol so ready for my mouith to not hurt. anyways hope all is well and hope everyone gets a good nap today!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:38 pm

bekah, have any plans for your b-day i noticed your 21st is coming up this week...i remember those days...lol
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:54 pm

Happy birthday elise! ^_^

Yes Eileen my birthday is tuesday. On my birthday we are having a family get together for me, my mom, and my nephew's birthday. But that friday, I am going to chilis with some friends and family and hopefully coming home and being super stupid lol we'll probably play drinkin games! woohoo!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:32 pm

Bekah-Ahh I miss those days...Gawd i feel old.I'm hitting the big 3-0 in March.Sigh....
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:40 pm

I know the feeling.. I'll be 29 in Aug.. so I'm not far behind you. Hmm.. 21 college..tons of drinking..and friends.. worked hard and partied harder.. What a great time that was!! I hope you have a ton of fun Bekah.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:07 pm

Shannon - You feel old??? Imagine how I feel!! I'm 34 today!! AHHHH!!!

Thanks for all the b-day wishes....i dropped ODS and DD at my parents house while I went to the dr and when I came back to get them, they had baked a cake with my mom. Smile They were so cute!! All DD wanted to do was blow out the candle and then eat the frosting. Logan was just staring at it like, "when do i get some???" It was really cute! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:00 pm

Elise- Aww thats so sweet!!!I hope the rest of your day goes as nicely!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:35 pm

Happy Birthday Elise!!!!
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:26 pm

I wish the day had been better too - found out the the job DH was hoping for isn't going to happen. Sad So, now we have to figure out where else to look...as in are we going to move states, and if so, where.....at least he still has his current job until July,unless he gets his 90-days notice earlier, but since it's now January, the earliest he'd be out is April and then he gets 6 mo severance, so we'd be okay until the fall, however...........getting older sucks big time! more things to worry about and less ideas on how to fix them!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:36 pm

Wow so much goings on!

Happy Birthday Elise! I am right there with you I turned 33 in November so I am not that far behind you... That is so sweet of your family to make you the cake. Too Cute!

I still remember my 20s - Well most of them anyway! Wink

Shannon - I am so glad baby Chance is going to be put in a better situation. That is amazing that she had the pot in the baby's seat... with the baby! Its so sad that some people really shouldnt be parents and some that would be wonderful are unable to have children. Anyway - here is to baby Chance's future! May it be a better one!

Eileen - I am sorry you are having such problems with your Mother. I hope things start working out better for your family now that she is gone. I made a vow to live as drama free as possible. This was before I got married and my husband agreed it was the best thing to do. Now anyone that is a "drama-mamma" be it male or female, we seem to grow apart and loose touch. I swear it works out for the best. Keep your head up! I hope you feel better after your root canal. I hate dental work! I have some horror stories... None need to be told now - Here is wishing you a quick recovery.

Diana - I hope you and your DH get to feeling better. We have had a few little things going around our house and I cant wait to feel better too!

Joy - Yes my car seat is a Chicco! I love it and the stroller that goes with it.

AFM - Well, I go back to work tomorrow. I never knew it would be this hard. I do want to go back to work I just wish there was a way to work and not miss a second of my little guy's day. Not possible. I will probably be a mess tomorrow but I am sure I will make it through. He has slept like a champ today. He went to bed at 10:30 last night and didnt wake up until 6:15 this morning. Then we went to his day care and got everything situated for tomorrow. Came back he went down for his morning nap at 9AM and didnt wake up until 12:45. He was up until 5:30 and he is currently sleeping still. Maybe he is really having a growth spurt and it is just wearing him out. I dont know but it is so weird having him sleep so much. I feel like I need to constantly check on him.
I havent been feeling very well this week. It started with headaches on Monday, then worse headaches with intestinal distress on Tuesday and today we are back to headaches and nausea. Whee! I am getting some sort of bug for the first time since before I was pregnant and it has to be right when I am going back to work. Here is hoping it clears up soon. I guess that is it for now. I am going to go and fold laundry - I know you are all jealous!

Take Care,
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:24 pm

Happy Birthday Elise!!!!
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:49 pm

Happy Birthday Elise!!! Man, ya'll are making me feel old! Brenden was born 33 minutes before my 36th birthday....I can't believe 40 is so close.... ugh....
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:57 pm

Michelle - you're only a couple of years ahead of me! Smile

Thanks again for all the b-day wishes. It turned out to be an up-and-down day, but what day isn't lately??

I've decided that I'm giving myself through Sat night and then starting on Sunday I'm going to get serious about eating better and trying to drop all this extra weight and try to be more relaxed and then maybe things will start falling into place...i'm always the pessimist (at least that's what DH tells me) but whenever I try to be an optimist, it comes back and bites me in the a$$ big time! So i figure i might as well except the worst, 'cause that way i'm not disappointed when it happens and really excited when it doesn't!! backwards logic, i know! Smile

here's hoping everyone is feeling better and all the LOs sleep well.
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:16 am

Amy- How neat we have the same car seat!! I unfortunately don't have the stroller that goes with it I have my mismatched doublestroller from Evenlflo....total clash of colors chicco brown orange white and the stroller dark blue and white checkered print..LOL so needless to say I don't use the double too much right now.. but I may use it more when summer comes that way he is bigger and it is easier to put him in stroller without car seat.

AFM- Well my sister went in for gastric bypass at 8 am on Jan 7th. And she was supposed to call me and let me know how she was doing afterwards. The surgery only takes like 3- 4 hours. So it was about 5 30 pm when I finally gave in and tried calling to find out what was what with her. Her DH ended up returning my call and telling me that she ended up having complications right after the surgery. Her blood pressure was erratic,breathing not too good( she has sleep apnea too), not enough oxygen getting into her blood and she ended up getting some fluid in her lungs And because of the lack of oxygen that she could possibly end up with some brain damage because of it. So then a few hours later I call back to find out if he knew any more.. and I guess she is receiving nitrous treatments(not sure what these are) but that she is responding well to them, her blood pressure is rising back up, and the dr is optimistic about her outcome. and is pretty sure she may come out of this with no brain damage because the lack of oxygen she gets into blood due to sleep apnea is similiar I guess but that she is not out of the woods yet they have to give it 24-48 hours and see. and instead of the normal stay of 3-4 days after the gastric bypass Ann is going to have to stay 7-10 days maybe more due to the complications that came up. They want to keep her and monitor her longer. She is still not conscious and probably won't be for a another day or 2 because they have her sedated. So I guess the whole point of me telling the whole story other than it freaked me out is to ask all you ladies on here to keep my sister in Prayer Please.. She is 33 years old and has 2 young children and also guardianship of my younger brother. I know she had the surgery because she was having lots of health problems due to her weight such as high blood pressure heart problems and the sleep apnea are a few I know of and the one way she could alleviate some of her health problems is to lose the weight because I guess she has tried dieting etc. So anyways if you could Please keep her in your prayers.. Thank You I will update when I have more info about her...

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:23 pm

Joy - Your sister will be in my prayers! Surgery always carries some risk but we never think anything is actually going to happen. Good for her choosing the by-pass to save her health....God will bless her thru this rough patch.

AFM- ya'll are gonna get a kick out of this! I took Brenden to the pedi for this no sleep he's got going on....read the story in the no sleep thread I started! LOL
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:35 pm

Ok ladies....I don't want to hear about being old... I'm going to be 41 in June!!

Joy, my prayers will be with your sister..

Elise, I know how you feel about the job situation. DH has severance til fall but thankfully he has insurance until Feb 2010 before we would have to go to COBRA, which is too expensive. If it comes to that I could always ask to go back to fulltime at work....I so hope it doesn't come to that though.

Amy, {{{hugs}}} I'm so not looking forward to Feb, that's when I go back to the office. If DH wouldn't have been laid-off I would have told them I had to work from home and see what they said but I don't want to try to call their bluff now b/c if they say no, then I'm screwed.

Bekah....sounds like a fun night for the big day!

Have a great day ladies!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:01 pm

Elise- Sorry to hear your DH didn't get that job.At least he does still have his current job.And if they didn't want him it's their loss.He'll find something way better!

Joy- I will keep your sister in my thoughts and prayers.Gastric bypass is definetly not a minimally invasive procedure.I'm researching the lap band myself just not sure how to bring it up to my doctor(she's very old fashioned and believes that just diet and exercise is all that is needed, but then will prescribe antidepressants based on my answers from a questionnaire with like 10 questions)...Please let us know how she's doing!

Michelle-WIll have to go read your post and come back...

Question for anyone: Whenever Lucas eats(still BF'ing)he'll stop and look at me and sometimes smile...Other times he'll be eating away and all of a sudden all the milk will come back up and out of his mouth.Now I know its not all of it.This is mid-eating...He doesn't cry or anything after just looks kinda surprised.Its not even that he burps and does it...It just comes back up...Is this something I'm eating that's doing it?I've noticed he's done it for at least the past 2 months and I keep forgetting to mention to his pedi(will try and remember on the 26th when we go) because we've only been there recently for more serious issues...Even if he spits up when being burped, its not very much...Could it be a type of reflux?DH is convinced it's something I'm eating...But its not at every feeding either...He NEVER spits up at night when he eats and he co-sleeps in a snuggle nest(most of the night)...Ideas??

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:45 pm

Joy- How scary about your sister. I hope the doc's are right and everything pulls through smoothly from here on out.

Amy- How's that first day of work treating you?

Shannon - I don't know about that, sounds like a little bit of reflux.. Dominic was doing that at the hospitol but doesn't really do it anymore. I guess if it doesn't seem to be bothering him and he's sleeping alright and not fussy, I probably wouldn't worry about it. I know Dominic only spits up when he gets formula. Which unforunately I've been having to suppliment a little bit more and more. I'm not sure what made me take a supply hit. The holidays I think.. But it sucks. I know he's eating a little bit more than he was and I'm making a little less. Plus I started co-sleeping with him so he could just nurse at night and I don't have to get up.. WONDERFUL.. but I wonder if that could also have effected my supply because I'm not up pumping in the middle of the night and I don't think he's emptying me completely.. does that make sense? Have you ever had to suppliement Luc?
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum