Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January Already???

+9
eileen bauer
Kim
tweetie462
rocknrollmommy616
mnelson80
MichelleL
ladydy
PolloLoco75
mythreesons
13 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

January Already??? - Page 3 Empty Re: January Already???

Post by mythreesons Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:58 pm

Michelle- It just seems like ALOT of milk when he spits up, I mean it soaks both of us.And its not the same as when you burp and he spits up..Does that make sense?As for supplementing, we did it a few times but I don't think I actually had to, it was more me experimenting to see if he could/would take formula if need be...It was more in the beginning like around 4 weeks that he would scream and didn't seem like he was getting anything...It could be from holidays and him not emptying you.I've noticed if Luc doesn't seem to drain one side completely, I can pump from that side after and still get 2 or more ounces and then if he doesn't eat for like 2-3 hours after that then I become more full next time...I also seem to have more milk on the left side than the right...So I almost daily pump the left side in the morning after we get up and the still can feed him from that side right after...Just get yourself back on a schedule and that should help, or try taking fenugreek for a week or so.I think that our body adjusts according to supply and demand...If baby suddenly starts eating much more, our body makes it, or when they eat less, it makes less...
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:02 pm

Shannon - Logan also smiles as he's nursing sometimes. When he gets himself really riled up from screaming, he starts doing what i call a reflux-burp -- and it takes a long time for him to settle because everytime he burps, it appears to bother him, which just elongates the cycle. sometimes the only way i can get him to calm down is to give him a dose of tylenol -- which i think helps because it coats his throat enough. he can't even eat (bottle or nurse) when he's so upset like that. i don't think he has true reflux because it's only when he's really worked up. logan also sometimes burps up the milk after eating. don't know if this helps!

AFM: today has been a pretty normal day - at least what was normal before vacation! yeah!!

DH and I had a long talk last night about the whole job search thing -- we decided that he's going to focus his search in two major cities, and see what he finds, and if they don't pan out, then we'll find others. If we don't focus and limit, it'll get too overwhelming! I'm overwhelmed enough with the thought of having to move this summer, 'cause if he gets a job out of state, that is what we will have to do!!!!

Logan's up - time to feed! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:10 pm

Elise- Good luck with DH's job search! It does help knowing that other babies do that too.But Luc isn't upset before it happens.I mean literally there is no warning other than he will pull away, or somestimes he doesn't even do that...And its not from a burp.It's like he opens his mouth and it all just flows back out...Its really strange.Frustrating to watch all the milk go to waste like that too...
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:17 pm

Diana- well, you've past the 40 marker....was it hard? I had a tough time at 30 but that was a hard year of my life anyway. I don't feel any different now then I did when I was 26, except a little more tired! LOL

Shannon - it sounds like a bit of reflux to me but if it doesn't seem to bother him I wouldn't worry about it. He might have also just swallowed wrong or something and it all just came back up....so icky.

Elise - Moving is hard! We moved here 6 years ago from Oklahoma and it was a PITA! And there was no job hunting involved....DH was transferred. What kind of work does your hubby do?? Do you have any particular places you'd like to move?

Amy- I've been thinking about you today! How was your first day back at work?

Michelle (admin) - I read the football team in the other thread.....I agree! Football or wrestling! LOLOLOL :-)

Nothing really new. I gave Brenden the new dose of Zantac and he was sound to sleep in about 10 minutes. Hopefully he stays that way for awhile. I put him in his swing to sleep since it sits him upright better than I can do in his bed. Hope ya'll have a wonderful day!!!!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:31 pm

Michelle - he's in IT - specifically Network Administration....he's looking in CT (obviously since we're there now) and he's going to look in the Chicago area -- we lived there for 3 years (ODS was actually born there and we moved back East when he was 1 1/2). My sister is in the Chicago area (again - long story, not worth boring everyone with), so it wouldn't be the worst thing and we still have friends that we're in contact with from when we lived there. If he did get a job in the Chicago area, we'd look to move to one of the 'burbs -- too expensive to live close to the city -- been there, done that! I don't know where else he's going to look - he hasn't decided if he really wants to go back to NJ (that's where his parents live and where he grew up). It's pretty much - where he finds a job and has a decent chance of finding another in the same area if needed, is where we'll end up! It was a PITA moving from Chicago back here, expensive too....but we're reaching the point of not too much choice!!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:00 pm

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts today. I have felt the love! I am back at work and its going ok. I am getting back into the swing of things. I have finally finished going through my 1018 emails and am working on some minor things to get back into it. I did go to Nate's new school at lunch and we had fun cuddle play time for about 35 minutes. So I think I will be ok. We will see how this evening goes. When I got there all of the babies were crying - except Nate. It was funny one would start which would send the rest of them like dominoes in to crying fits. Nate didnt know what was going on. He was happy and smily and laughy so I think he was ok. I only have 2 hours left and I can go get him!

Joy- My thoughts are with your sister and your family right now. I hope everything works out ok.

Shannon - it sounds like Luc has a bit of reflux. Maybe a touch. Nate would do that - 2-3 oz into a bottle and it would all come up out his mouth and nose! Poor kid. It freaked me out more than it did him. If it isnt too serious and isnt happening all the time I wouldnt worry about it too much. My Dr said that all babies have a touch of reflux its just the severity of it that they get concerned with. That and when everything you own gets covered in spit up everyday - wow that gets old. Hang in there girl!

I guess that is it for now. I should go before they catch me goofing off on my first day back! LOL!

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:05 pm

I hate moving too...I've moved every year to every 2 years of my life.Living in this house is the longest I've been in one place...Only problem is that since I'm so used to moving, I get itchy to leave after being someplace for too long...I'm ready to move out of this place already but wouldn't mind staying in the area...If you were closer Id offer to help move!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:08 pm

Glad to know you are doing okay Amy!!! :-) Nate is going to have a great time....he'll have plenty of friends to play with! I sent Dawson to Mother's Day Out when he was 3 and I wish I had done it sooner! He made a lot of friends and loved it! Brenden is going when he is 9 months which is the soonest they will take a baby. I've been toying with the idea of re-opening my bakery so he might go to daycare also...we'll see. Hang in there! You're doing what you have to to support your family and you're giving your baby the best life you possibly can! He loves you for it! :-)

Elise - I hope your DH finds something close...or atleast where you have family/friends! We moved here having never even been to Houston....neither of us! All we knew was DH needed his job so when Phillips & Conoco merged we jumped on the wagon and hit the road! Maybe your DH will get a company that will pay for relocation!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:15 pm

Hey isn't today Bekah's birthday?I re-read an old post and she said tuesday but i think she meant thursday...I could be way off but just in case...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEKAH!!!!!
Love you momma!!!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:16 pm

Amy- I am glad that your first day back to work went well...it is a tough but necessary evil...after a while you will enjoy the break...right now work is where I go to relax...LOL.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:03 pm

Happy Birthday Bekah!!!! She probably can't read this....hopefully she is partying it up! I spent my 21st birthday with my grandparents in a dry county playing Monopoly...so fun. I love 'em but that was a horrible 21st birthday! LOL
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:30 pm

amy glad your first day back at work went well
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:28 am

Good morning,

Amy, glad your first day back wasn't so bad and you were able to spend some time with Nate.

Michelle, 40 wasn't so bad....I was prego and felt the best i had in years. I've never had an issue with my age.

So on the other thread I read about the schedule you ladies have for you LO's. We don't have a schedule at all. When Aubrey's hungry she eats and we put her in her bed whenever she takes her last bottle closest to midnight. Sometimes 11 sometimes 1am.....
Are we creating a monster?
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:38 am

Amy-hope your first day is liek the rest and the week goes well!

michelle- you talk so fondly of your bakery you should look into it.

AFM i am off to bed i got hardley any sleep yesturday and today i am determined to sleep well. when i don't sleep i dont work out nad i gained back my 10lbs i lost so good sleep is a must now. gainning back weght makes you feel so defeated but i ahven't worked out in 3 days and it came right back i swear i ahve to work my butt off jsut to maintain being overweight it sucks! okay enough ranting sorry...
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:24 am

Hi Ladies!
It's been a little hectic lately!
Bekah and Elise- Happy belated birthdays!
Joy- Your sister is in my thoughts and prayers!

AFM- Started back to work on Monday, boy was that rough! Luckily my mom has been awesome about the transition, she has slept over this week to help us. Especially since Madison was sleeping through the night until we moved her to her crib- she didn't like that so much! So my mom has been getting up with her this week so that I can sleep and get to work early. I teach 2nd grade so I needed the extra time and would rather get home right after school. My sub did not leave the room the way it was left to her, so that's been fun. On top of this Maddie has thrush she was on meds for 10 days and it didn't clear her up. Although she didn't have her dr. and was not on a good dosage. Her doc. upped the dose and now it's almost gone.

Whew, so that's me in a nutshell. I hope all is well with everyone. I've been reading but haven't had time to post! Been thinking of everyone though. I haven't been as good about posting since we left the other board, I just got so busy, but I think of you often!!
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:55 pm

Good Morning Ladies,

I am back at work today just waiting for 11:30 to get here so I can go and see Nate. DH took him and I am picking him up so I am going through a bit more baby withdrawl today. I really need a smile. Very Happy I have gotten caught up here at work and now have to wait until next week to be given new stuff from the lady who is going to have her baby in the next couple of weeks.

Diana - We are starting to get a schedule but we really havent had one. The only reason we are trying to get one now is because the daycare kind of needs one. When I was at home it was fly by the seat of your pants kind of thing. Eat when you are hungry, sleep when you are tired. Yesterday I picked Nate up and he had only 3- 20 minute naps. That is so not like him. He is a morning / after noon 2 hour nap guy. I think you will be fine.

Kristen - I am glad to see you back. I hope you post more. I am glad your LO's thrush is almost gone.

Michelle - That was a bad 21st b-day. I hope you made up for it sometime!
Wink

I guess that is about it for now - Only 35 minutes to go!

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:52 pm

Diana- When I had ODS people told me he HAD to be on a 4 hour schedule or I'd lose my mind.Well when he'd want to eat 3hours instead of four or would sleep 5 hours and not eat at the 4 hour mark, I lost my mind from that...My point is that babies kind of create their own schedule and at the age our LO's are now it's a good time to start to change it a little bit so it fits better with our current lifestyle.Never fear though you aren't creating a monster, just taking care of her needs...

Kristen- Welcome back!

AFM- Nothing new here to report.I think Lucas is definetly teething.No bumps yet but he chews so furiously on his little hand or a spit up cloth if he can get his hands on it.oh and he now loves baby orajel.He's been a bit fussy sometimes just before eating..Latching on then pulling off and screaming until I put the orajel on then he eats and is happy again...Poor guy...I hate teething for babies!!!Ok well am off to go read for a bit since I cleaned house this morning!

Happy Friday ladies!
Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:22 pm

ummm i changed my mind, I'm gunna post a long post... Smile

Last edited by rocknrollmommy616 on Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:41 pm

Diana- I don't think so. I am the same way with joey. I tend to think that babies kind of make their own schedule. I ask myself, "How would you like it if somebody scheduled your feeding and you got hungry all of a sudden, but couldn't snack? How would you feel if you didn't want to sleep but somebody sent you to a cage and MADE you sleep?" not very good is my response. heh. Not only do i think they make their own schedule, I pretty much know it. If you someone to let a baby make their own schedule(like you and i do), they would notice(like i do), that their child develops their own routine. Joey goes to bed around 11pm-midnight, then wakes up around 8-830(some nights maybe a little earlier). Then he eats, lays down again for a mid-morning nap and then wakes up to play. After playing, he's sure to eat again at 11. Then he plays for about an hour and a half and is tired again. He goes down for 15-45 minutes, then he's up again to play and will let me know when he's hungry(he eats almost every 3 hours on the dot!). See, babies CAN have schedules. You can start noticing the time and go, "okay, she is usually hungry now." and beat her cries before they re full blown. I personally like to think if you let the baby make the schedule, you are less likely to deal with an overly fussy baby. But that is My opinion and my opinion only. And you don't have to listen to it. I was only letting you know that I know how you feel and you are nto alone. I don't have a schedule either. Good luck making your decision on whether to put her on one or not. It's all up to you babe. YOU are her mother. nobody else! Wink

Eileen - Discovery health has a free nutrition and exercise plan on their site as well as a free month's trial for bally's total fitness. It's actually really good, there's recipes, exercise plans, and advice on how to lose weight the healthy way. Might not suck to look into. Wink good luck hun, I know being more healthy is one of my resolutions!

Kristen - did you have a horrible diaper rash(yeast infection) with the thrush? Joey had thrush too and had a blistery bottom for the longest time and I was so worried and upset. Finally, we took him to his 1 month checkup and it was thrush and a yeast infection. Once he started taking that nyastatin stuff(watch out getting that yellow crap on anything... it stains BADLY), he was much better. But we were given stuff for his bottom too, and used corn starch and it cleared up pretty quick. So... I'm glad your little one is getting better! Thrush is nasty business... i can't imagine an adult having it.. ouchie!

Amy - I am glad you get to spend some time with nate! Which daycare is he at?

Shannon - good luck with the teething! I know Joey is going to start here soon. I should pick up that baby orajel here soon just to have it on hand when he starts. joey's gums up top are weird and rough, but I think its just his gums, his bottom gums aren't showing any signs. Gosh.. any day now though I'm sure... He's about to be 4 months in a couple of weeks. Crap... now he won't sleep thru the night anymore...

AFM - lol guys my birthday isn't even til tuesday! but thank for the early wishes! ^_~

Also, I have a question- how did you get your baby to sleep in their crib. Joey is sleeping in his swing and he's getting big so it may not hold him for much longer. He likes the motion of it and that it sits up.... so... what do i do? I usually rock him to sleep then put him in his crib. He hasn't been able to self soothe because he won't sleep unless he's swaddled, so he doesn't have his hands, but if he has his hands he tends to hit himself or something and wake himself up. Also, if we let him cry it out (even for 10 minutes) so that he can learn to self soothe, he starts SCREAMING. Even when we pick him up he is still crying hardcore, then he screams if we put him down. he won't eat, he won't play... he just cries. So crying it out = not an option. WHAT DO I DO??????
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:05 pm

Bekah - I'd say start getting rid of the swaddle. There is a point, like when he starts to roll over, that you're going to have to get rid of it anyway for safety reasons. And definately be consistant with whatever you decide to do. Once you start "well, this time it will be okay" it's hard for your baby because they like to know what to expect....seriously...who doesn't? LOL I realized very quickly with Dawson that if I stayed consistant he understood. I might have a challenge ahead with Brenden as he is far more stubborn but I'm not giving up. He doesn't nap nearly as well as Dawson did but once our schedule/routine kicks in I'm sure he'll love it. It's almost like they think they are in control when there is a routine...KWIM??? I"m with ya' on CIO....Brenden turned red, veins buldged, and he vomited the ONE time I tried it. My post makes no sense but I'm leaving it anyway. I do want to say that when Brenden starts crying hardcore the only way to get him to stop is to put him on my shoulder, holding his head TIGHT with one hand, patting his butt (kinda hard) to a rythm with the other hand and shushing in his ear. After about 1 minute (I literally time it because I won't let it go more than 3 minutes and it NEVER has) he is sound to sleep. Sometimes still red, but asleep.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:20 pm

Bekah - it'll take time and patience, but he'll be okay. it takes me about an hour to put Logan to bed at night. he nurses and sometimes has a bottle too, then i rock him with a blanket on his back, and then put him in his crib in an inclined positioner, put his "Buddy-the-bear" blanket-bear on him and cover his feet with another blanket. He sleeps in fleecy pjs, because he won't keep a blanket totally on him and he hates to be swaddled. Does he use a pacifier? that might help with the soothing...when Logan cries after we've put him to bed, sometimes we can just hold the pacifier in his mouth with one hand, and put the other hand on his belly and gently rock him while he settles. but i remember having to let the other 2 cry it out - going in every 5 min, then 10 and so on...but you have to do what is right and comfortable for you. the most important thing is to establish some sort of bedtime routine, so he recongizes the signs for bedtime - i.e. putting on pjs, reading a story, etc. Just my thoughts...hope they help!!

Diana - I agree with Bekah - there's nothing wrong with doing things on demand, and you will notice that some times a schedule develops out of that. other times you have to schedule things based on life. i know that Logan is somewhat scheduled just because he's #3 and so he can't also get what he wants when he wants. but, he started fussing if we didn't change him into pjs when the older 2 changed, so he set that tone...same thing with bedtime -- i noticed he was falling asleep at the same time every night for a couple hours, so we started putting him in his crib when we went up to bed, and then started putting him to bed around the time the other 2 went to bed because he was ready for bed. you have to do what works for you and your family! that's my advice - take it or leave it! Smile

Shannon - Logan's teething as well - he bottom gums are swollen and he likes to gnaw on his hands or my knuckle a lot. i had forgotten about the baby orajel trick - a lot leaves your brain in 4 years!! Smile i'll have to pick some up when i'm out next time. same thing with the toothbrush on the cradle cap - you would think you would remember all the tricks, but someone once one kid is past them, you forget! at least, i have!!

AFM: today was a decent day -- Logan seems to finally be readjusting to non-vacation life. Hopefully the weather forecast is wrong and we won't get this huge storm that we are supposed to get this weekend...we're supposed to go out to dinner Sat night with my parents and my grandmother for a belated b-day celebration, but they're predicting snow starting sat afternoon, so somehow i don't think so...but this is new england and the weather changes like some people change clothes at times! we shall see! not much else - hope everyone has a lovely weekend!! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:56 pm

Kristen- sorry the transistion going back to work has been rough. I don't know what I would do with out my mom either. We so have to get together some time too...maybe over the feb or spring break?

Diana- I agree with the others. I think the babies tend to make their own schedule and that is what becomes their routine. can you try to tweak it a little to fit into your day better absolutely. And you will start to notice a patter or schedule emerge all on it's own. Landree fell into her own routine much faster than McKenna.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:02 pm

Bekah- LOL ooopppss!I started the birthday wishes!Well at least ya know I didn't forget your birthday, just when it is.he he he. Ok for the self soothing...He will need to be un-swaddled to learn how...Crying is ok, screaming isn't...Maybe try rocking him until he looks sleepy then put him in his crib.Thats what I used to do with Brady.Then I used to put him in wide awake but I was very quiet...Did a whole bed time routine...I gave him a bath and massaged lotion ontio him before his jammies.Then I gave him a bottle in the living room(lights dimmed and tv off).Without talking to him I'd lay him in his crib, if he fussed I let him...If he started crying I'd put my hand on him...If that didn't help I'd talk to him...Sometimes I'd just walk away right after putting him in there(he'd have his fisher-price crib aquarium on with lights and music playing for him).If they can hear,see, or smell you it can make it more difficult.Let him cry for a few minutes...Each time let him cry just a minute more...He will get it but you have to give him a chance to...
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:15 am

Kristen- I had a really hard time going back to work as well! I still am but it does get easier and easier. Yuck on the thrush, i actualy had it once time after a surgery and it was aweful so i can imagine how bad it was for your little one.

Amy- that is so cool that you can see nate like that! my little one is close but i am sleeping when they are at daycare and i go and get both the boys when i get up.

Shannon- no rest for the weary teething now! you deserve a week of him sleeping through the night and nothing new...lol

Bekah- well happy birthday next tuesday...lol i remember 21 awe wouldn't want to repeat it but glad i can say i do remember it...lol as for sleeping in the crib I started with my middle child by letting him lay in there while i cleaned and talked to him and after a while he began falling asleep in the crib. I put his mobil that we had used in the pack and play on the crib so it was familiar and it seemed to work. Good luck!

Elise- you poor dear you deserve to celebrate your b-day i hope your belated birthday isn't post poned. Sorry to hear logan is teething,. My first had her bottom 4 teeth cut all at once at 3 months it was very rough for a week btu atleast we had all of them done at once.

AFM I am working with teh psychiatric inmates tonight and so far it is a nice night (kim i didn't say the "q" word...lol i figure you know that word if it is as bad luck in your line of work as mine)...lol {{{hugs}}} to the mommies going back to work, and to the mommies with kiddos teething already!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:23 pm

Happy Saturday Ladies!

I hope you all have a great weekend. We are cleaning and laundry-ing today. It turned out to be a pretty cold day for TX (in the 30s) So we are staying in and working on the house.

Elise - I hope you dont get a really bad storm and get to go out for your Birthday. You deserve a little fun!

Nate is exhausted from daycare. Has done nothing but sleep and eat since yesterday evening. Hopefully he will get caught up. I miss him! Surprised

I guess that is it for now. I should go and get back to work before I loose my steam. I think I need to change out the laundry and clean the kitchen next! I know you are all jealous! ha ha ha!

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum