Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's for dinner?

+7
ladydy
Kim
PolloLoco75
rocknrollmommy616
mythreesons
tweetie462
MichelleL
11 posters

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

What's for dinner? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's for dinner?

Post by ladydy Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:16 pm

DH is grilling ribeyes and we're having rice & salad.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:22 pm

Ok - I went online and found a recipe for a slow cooker pot roast that seems really easy and it has the carrots and the potatoes and everything in it. My question is when you ladies make your slow cooker pot roasts will I need to make an additional veggie or will just the potatoes and carrots cooked with the roast be enough? Is it really an all in one dish? Hmmm - maybe some bread? I dont know. I am going to try it but I feel like DH will think I am making stew with one big piece of meat instead of cubed meat. Hmmmm..... I guess if he is hungry he will eat it! LOL!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:37 pm

Amy, I do it all in one no extra veggies but yes a good loaf of crusty bread goes well.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:17 pm

Amy - I never add liquid to my roasts so it doesn't look like stew....but that's just me. Anyway, for the veggies I just use what I have in the drawer. I've even added green beans! LOL Mushrooms are a nice addition if you like them. Honestly though, potatoes and carrots could really be enough.

Diana- we've had ribeyes on sale like crazy here. I really don't know what's up with that! I cleaned out my garage freezer and I have 8 meals worth of ribeyes! They are our favorite steak! I marinade mine in soy & green onion the sprinkle with kosher salt before grilling....how do you season yours?
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:27 pm

Thats a good idea Michelle. I can use the veggies I have left over from the stir fry tonight! Here is the recipe I found. I dont know how it will end up tasting but since I have never made a roast before (we are mostly chicken people with some hamburger thrown in here and there) I was willing to give it a shot. I think the mushrooms will be really good.

1 sm roast
2 potatoes peeled and quartered
3 carrots peeled and cut into 3rds
1/2 c water
8oz can tomato sauce
1tsp oregano
1tsp basil

Put vegitables in bottom of crockpot. Salt and pepper meat and put in crockpot. Add water and tomato sauce. Sprinkle oregano and basil over meat. Cover and cook 10-12 hours on low.

Does it sound like it will be good? Should I do anything else to it?
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:41 pm

Michelle, I usually do a little bit of worstechire and then garlic pepper & kosher salt. We love ribeyes too and Sam's had them on sale.
I may do potatoes instead of rice. We've had rice the last 2 nights, I just realized.

Amy, You can put in really anything you want. I personally don't use tomatoes or tomato sauce, just b/c it's not my personal fave. I've used onion soup mix with a little bit of beef broth or red wine. I always use garlic, salt & pepper too..but I use garlic, salt & pepper on EVERYTHING.
I do put in potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, onions
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:51 pm

OOH that sounds better. Ok nix the water and tomato sauce and add red wine, beef broth, garlic, mushrooms, onion soup mix and an onion.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:55 pm

Amy what cut of meat do you have?
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:12 pm

I dont have one yet. I have to go to the store on the way home and pick everything up.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:25 pm

Just wondering. I always use a chuck roast....and cook it in the crock for 8+hours or in the oven atleast 3 hours. I've tried all the different cuts and we like that one the best.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:42 pm

MichelleL- So do we! In fact we're having pot roast for dinner tonight.

I'm trying this recipe that I said I was going to try before and never did...I've seen it on OBBC recipe boards as well as 2 websites and it always has rave reviews...

1 packet italian dressing
1 packet ranch dressing
1 packet brown gravy
1/2 cup of water

Cook for 7-9 hpurs...Gotta say it smells YUMMY! Oh and my trusty bread machine is making dough for home made rolls for me!
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:16 pm

Ok then chuck roast it is!

I may try that one next with the ranch and itallian dressing. It sounds really good. I just have to worry about the sodium. I am going to have to check out the onion soup mix and see how bad that is. I will let you guys know how it turns out.

Thanks for all of your help mommies! I really appreciate it.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:31 pm

I have a recipe to make the ranch dressing too if that helps with the sodium....I just stole a bite and its so tender and yummy!Just waiting for the rolls to bake
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:20 am

Hmm last night we were going to have fried Chicken Breast for the DH and kids and I was going to make myself fried wing dings instead and maybe some rice a roni and mashed potatoes but While at the store getting milk and ice cream decided to by some french Bread and do Amy's french bread pizzas since I already keep most pizza stuff on hand thats all I lacked for it is the loaf of french bread. And I have to tell you it was yummy yummy(Thanks Amy for posting it!!!) Dh and DS seemed to really enjoy it also. So I think that is how I am going to make my Pizza from now on so much quicker and easier than making the crust etc.

Tomorrow we will have the Chicken and wing dings since they are already just completely thawed out.

Although I do have a recipe to post on here of Cheesebread(like to go with Pizza or I have even had it with Lasagna before)

What you will need is

1 Tube of Pillsbury Pizza Crust
4-5tbsp Classico signature recipe Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce(this can be found in the pasta sauce aisle at the store)
8 oz Shredded Colby Cheese
8 oz shredded Muenster cheese
1/4-1/2cup grated parmesan cheese(the kind that comes in the Green sprinkle canister at the stores)

Preheat oven to 425 F Roll out pizza crust on a cookie sheet. Spread alfredo sauce over top of crust. Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese over sauce. Then top off with shredded cheeses on top bake for about 10-12 minutes or until edges brown. I even turn on my broiler to brown up and make the cheese all melty.

This is super yummy...

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:59 am

Tonight we are having the sloppy Joes since yesterday, at the last minute, I decided to make garlic soy beef w/brocolli, white rice, and egg rolls. I don't know what happened but my meat turned out tough...and I sliced against the grain so I can only imagine if I had sliced the other direction....probably would have broken our teeth. Anyway, Brenden had beef w/veggis (he seems to really like that one), peas and a little applesauce. Tonight he will have sweet potatoes & pears.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:07 am

tonight is Finger Lickin' BBQ Chicken done in the crock pot. I'll probably make rice or pasta ro go with it. Logan will have a veggie.
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:15 am

Tonight is D'giorno on the pizza stone. McKenna and I have haircuts after I get out of work, so we won't get home until almost 6.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:22 am

You will never guess what I am cooking for dinner....

Crock Pot Pot Roast!

I know total shock -

So I did

Roast rubbed with garlic and pepper
a pkg of onion soup mix with 1/2 cup wine and 1 cup water. (I was going to do beef broth but realized when I got home from the store I accidentally bought chicken broth DOH!)
2 red potatoes cut in to wedges, sliced carrots, mushrooms and snap peas
Cook on Low all day long and hope for the best!

Oh and I bought some french bread rolls to go with.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:00 pm

Amy, good luck, sounds like it will turn out yummy.

Elise, i noticed yesterday was beef stroganoff. i was just craving that...do u have a good recipe?

Joy, the cheesebread sounds good!

AFM: we're doing pizza tonight. if i would have thought about it yesterday i would have picked up the french bread and had Amy's pizza. but i have a pkg of martha white dough so we're having that and either Italian sausage or pepporoni and bacon, mushroom, onion, pepper.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:08 pm

Diana - i think it's pretty easy////

1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin steak, 1/2 inch thick (i use sandwich steaks or pepper steak)
10 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 medium onions, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2Tbl margarine
1 1/2 cups beef broth
1 teaspoon salt
2 Tbl ketcup
3 Tbl flour
hot cooked egg noodles (i use wide or extra wide)

1. Cut beef across grain into about 1 1/2x1/2-inch strips.
2.Heat marg. Cook beef in skillet until brown.
3. reserve 1/3c of broth
4. mix remaining broth, ketcup, salt & garlic
5. Stir in broth mixture Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 minutes
6. Add mushrooms, onions. simmer for 5 min
7. Stir together remaining 1/3 cup broth & flour; stir into beef mixture. heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Serve over noodles.
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:48 am

February 18th

Tonight we are having Grilled Chicken Fettucini Alfredo, pan fried broccoli, and cheesy flat bread.

For the Fettucini Alfredo I bought refrigerated noodles, I will make the sauce and grill the chicken with some Mrs. Dash.

Alfredo Sauce:
saute 2T garlic in 1 stick butter (no subs) in a saucepan for about 3 minutes. Whisk an egg yolk with 1/4 cup heavy cream and set aside. Turn the burner to medium and add 1 cup heavy cream to garlic/butter very slowly whisking the entire time. Once you get all of the cream in add the cream/yolk mixture and continue whisking. Once everything is well blended add about 1 to 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese and 2t dried parsley. Continue stirring so it doesn't burn but you can turn the heat to low and let it cook so it gets to your desired thickness.

Cheesy Flatbread
Bread:
1 1/4 cups warm water
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 t sugar
1 1/2 t salt
1 1/2 t active dry yeast

Topping:
2T melted butter
1/2t garlic salt
1/2 c shredded mozzarella
1/4 c grated parmesan
Layer bread ingredients into bread machine, select dough cycle.
Prepare baking stone or sheet - spray with non-stick spray and cornmeal
When dough is finished remove from pan and stretch into a rectangle, lay on prepared pan. Brush dough with butter, sprinkle with garlic salt and top with cheeses. Set in a draft free area to rise for about 45 minutes. Meanwhile place oven rack on lowest rack position and heat oven to 450. Bake 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown.

Amy - How did your roast turn out?

Elise - you stroganoff recipe sounds easy and good. I'm gonna try it next week!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:23 pm

Michelle - It was Good! DH LOVED it. I even made gravy out of the juice. Just add corn starch and stir.
Oh and your dinner tonight sounds AWESOME - Make sure to make enough for company I might just drop by... You are only like 4 hours away.

Funny I forgot to make the bread and realized it after we had started eating. So we finished our meals and then made the bread. DH said "Wow bread would have been reall good" looking at me with puppy dog eyes. So rolls for dessert!

We are having it again tonight for dinner. I will need to make more veggies. My crock pot is small and I could barely get the roast and the little veggies we made with it in there.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:30 pm

Elise, thanks for the recipe, sounds good.

Michelle, the alfredo sounds good to. we make it on a fairly regular basis but we don't have a recipe. actually most things we make we don't have a recipe, we just fly by the seat of our pants.

Amy, glad your roast turned out so good. roast is a good leftover. dh will eat anything leftover but i'm particular, roast, pizza, meatloaf, pasta, that's about my limit.

AFM:we don't have anything planned yet for dinner. dh will be home before me but i need to go to the store on the way home so i may pick up something. i don't even have a taste for anything.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:13 pm

tonight is the pinewood derby for scouts, so dinner will be pizza at the derby! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:24 pm

Tonight for dinner it is Beef and Broccoli minus the broccoli as hubby doesnt like it (the recipe I have already posted on this thread ) I may make some broccoli for mine though....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum