Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April Showers

+9
rocknrollmommy616
mnelson80
MichelleL
Kristen
eileen bauer
ladydy
PolloLoco75
Kim
mythreesons
13 posters

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

April Showers - Page 6 Empty Re: April Showers

Post by mythreesons Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:26 pm

MichelleL- Yup I can be there bright and early, BUT my fee would have to include the cost of a plane ticket lol...Good luck with the godfather thing!
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:08 pm

Michelle, That is so nice to ask him to be the kids Godfather. I'm sure he'll be touched. Hope it all goes well and you guys have a great dinner. Ribeyes sound yummy.

Shannon, hope u caught that cold soon enough. DH may take u up on the grass cutting since u travel....

Elise, glad u'r feeling better. I hope Rayna's foot gets better. You know my nephew always had 'growing pains' when he was young and out of the blue his joints would just kill him and he really did grow out of it. Hopefully it's something as simple as that.

AFM:Not much going on here...it's raining...they say by Tuesday we should have sun and by Thursday 70's. I'm SO looking forward to that. We are going to Lowe's to pick out a new mailbox and yard light. I'm hoping they have iron railing too, we need a new one for the steps from the driveway to the walk.
Also, I had the cloth diapers from cottonbabies and we traded them in on Friday, it was just too much with Aubrey always on meds and having an upset stomach it seemed like I was using disposables more than cloth anyway. If you take care of them and they have no stains they will take them back for a small amount of credit, so we did that and had $175 credit so I got a new carseat Radian 65. It's for birth to 65 pounds. I can't wait to use it. I'm going to wait til she sits up really good before I get rid of the old carseat though. I still like to take her into the stores in the carseat b/c she's just not sturdy enuf to be put in a cart.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:03 pm

Not much new here really...kinda irritated with the dh lately...just been head butting quite a bit lately....I hope he finds work soon that will be a big problem solver there as I think we have too much time we spend together..which means more chances to get on one anothers nerves...Oh and Jeremiah said baba...a few days ago I think it was wednesday outta nowhere and last night he said it again with my encouragement...which my comp had high speed new because I would post video clip of it its so cute...

Back to top Go down

Post by nursejessicadavis Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:00 pm

Evening ladies.

Diana- Those doctors were just jerks…I am changing tomorrow that’s for sure. I hope everything goes ok with her upper GI in the morning.

Elise- I hope Rayna foot gets to feeling better.

Shannon- Yeah my DS will probably tell everyone that he was cut in a fight…he’s so full of it at times I can see that happening. The nearest peds emergency room is almost an hour away but I will drive my kids there if needed before I go back to this band-aid station up here. I hope you get to feeling better soon and the fresh air helped.

Michelle- We finally got a central line put in him during surgery. They didn’t even bother with a peripheral iv and the GOOD hospital. I’m glad you got out and got a break. I did that the other night, I volunteered to go to wal-mart just to get out of the house for an hour ALONE. Sounds like you are having a great weekend. Last night was peaceful, we watched the race and played some video games. Chloe was in a good mood, so that’s always a plus.

AFM- So I know I mention how Chloe needs attention all the time. Well we were playing a little guitar hero and she was demanding attention, so she sat on my DH’s shoulders while we played…I have included a pic…
https://2img.net/h/i40.photobucket.com/albums/e220/jesscena/2009%20Chloe/275.jpg
Sometimes you just have to improvise. lol. She even has to be the attention when we go to sleep. We have to lay her between us and she puts her arms on both of us and goes to sleep. Most of the time we let her just sleep with us or I put her in the crib when she gets good and asleep. I told him if this baby wants to sleep in the bed too then we have natural birth control with two babies in the bed. Lol. Also we got her some baby Mum-Mum cookie type things that dissolve in her mouth as she sucks on them, she’s all into that! Hope everyone has a great start to the week!
nursejessicadavis
nursejessicadavis

http://www.myspace.com/fairybitch4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:50 pm

Jessica- I already had gotten Jeremiah the mum mum things because they were all out of the other biter biscuits and the toasts at walmart(go figure) so the mum mum were the only baby snack there on the shelf and he loves em and they are hardly messy either unlike the biter biscuits and the toasts don't taste very good at all..but these they taste like rice krispies...lol They are awesome and do dissolve quite well compared to the other baby snacks out there...

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:28 am

Hi everyone - just a quick jump on because i have so much to do today and not a lot of time to get it done! Rayna's foot is still bothering her, so off to the dr we go this morning. Of course, her reg pedi is away this week, so she'll be seeing the other dr in the office who we have seen before and i don't have a problem with, but it's just always better when you see the one you usually see. Luckily we have the sit-n-stand stroller, so I had DH leave that in my car so I have it to push her and Logan. I'm still trying to get laundry done from we got back last week, plus the stuff that we accumluated last week, I'm feeling better, but not 100% and then I have all the usual crap for the week! GRRRRR!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!! Ok - off to craziness I go!!!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:53 am

Elise- Poor Rayna! Does her foot look swollen or anything?Redness anywhere?Did she maybe hurt it out playing?Let us know what the doctor says...

Jessica- LOL that is a cute pic! SHe's looking at the camera like "Yup I rule this roost!" How adorable!

Joy- No luck in the job market for DH, huh? Poor you!Does he have any prospects?
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:55 am

Hi Ladies!
I dont have much time so I will have to do personals later. Just working like crazy and getting ready to take Nate to the doctor again. He woke up this morning with a cough, running crusty nose, his eyes were sealed shut with gunk and he is NOT a happy camper. So here is hoping we dont have bronchitis and an ear infection again. Grrrr.... I feel so defeated. I cant get this kid well to save my life. In the beginning I knew it was daycare now its not making sense. No one at daycare is sick - just him. The teething could be causing it and then the drainage causing the cough and turning into bronchitis... I dont know. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

This weekend was a whirl wind. We went and hung out with family which was great. We had such a good time. I miss them so much we just dont get to see each other very often. Then we had our pictures yesterday and of course it was cold outside and I felt bad. We were keeping him warm as much as we could and then take the blanket off and snap away and wrap him back up again.

I guess that is it for now. I have to run and get a couple of things done before i head back to the doctors office.

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:23 am

We're back from the upper GI. As the pedi assumed Aubrey's bowels are in the wrong place (or displaced,as they say). It doesn't cause any problems now but could anytime in the future make her intestine twist and cause her to get sick or even her bowels die. So they want to fix it before anything happens.
Anyway, the good news is that now we know absolutely everything that is going on inside my precious LO and hopefully the kidney reflux and this can be fixed in one operation. That is what we are all pushing towards. It just requires the urologist and the general surgeon to work everything out. BUT, we are still holding out hope that she stays infection free for another 6 months at least before they have to do any procedures.

Our Children's Hospital is just so absolutely wonderful. You just don't go to radiology and a tech does the procedure an actual doctor does the procedure and tells you right then what is going on. I've never had to deal with any Children's Hospitals, maybe they're all that way but it's wonderful. Then they are sure to get the results to my pedi today and she will call me either this afternoon or in the morning. They are all just so awesome about keeping us informed and right away.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:30 pm

Hey Ladies!
I'm sorry I haven't been posting much lately. I've been trying to keep up on the reading, but I've been so busy! Things are going good, just tired! Last week was school vacation so even though I didn't plan much ahead, I still ended up wicked busy! (Kim- sorry we never met up, I would really love to do so soon though). Anyways Maddie is doing good, her teeth seem to be really bothering her between last night and this morning, hopefully she'll cut a tooth soon and it might give her a little relief.

Sorry no time for personals- but I did want to say:
Diana-I'm so glad they're getting things figured out so they can help Aubrey. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they can wait to do the surgery! You would never know she's been sick from all her pretty pictures, she always looks so happy!
Kim- Happy Anniversary!

Have a great day ladies, I hope to be on soon!
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:31 pm

Amy- I hope your little guy is feeling better soon!!
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:33 pm

Joy- Maddie's been saying baba too, it's so cute! Sorry to hear dh has been getting on your nerves!

Shannon- Hope you're feeling better!
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:54 pm

So, I took Rayna to the dr and she thinks it's just a stress fracture, which of course, there's nothing they can do for it! She spoke with an orthopedic dr at the children's hospital, and he said that there isn't an infection because while one of her blood work tests came out a little high, the other one was normal. Yeah....so she's on motrin 3x a day for this day because of the inflammation and she can go to school (yes!) and walk around as long as she's careful not to hit the bottom of her foot/ankle area - so no running, no gym, no playground, no riding bikes. So she'll be walking on her tippy-toes for a bit, which the dr said was fine because that way she was protecting the rest of her foot. When the doc said that she was calling the other dr, i had visions of having to go back there for yet another day!! i was so glad that she got all the answers over the phone!! Rayna goes back to the dr next Monday for a recheck, and if things aren't better then she'll send her for another x-ray because stress fractures sometimes don't show on x-rays for a week! But at least now we know what's going on and how to treat it!!!! that was the most frustrating part of this whole thing!!!!

Ne-way, otherwise things are going well. Logan's 2 teeth are thru and coming up slowly. We're starting to completely wean him tonight - I don't really want him weaned completely this early, but I have to. I'm having too many issues that I can't resolve without taking meds that I can't be on if I'm nursing. So, it's just the way it has to be! At this point, he was only nursing before bed, so it shouldn't be too hard....I hope!

Ok-'nough wasting time - got too much to do......hope everyone has a nice Monday!!!

Oh - a couple of personals before I forget:

Diana - so glad things went well and you know what is going on!

Amy - hope all is well with Nate!!!

Ok - can't remember any others...so, Hi to everyone else!!! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:15 pm

Diana - My heart just goes out to you and Aubrey! Dawson had a LAD procedure to correct his malroation. Once at 5 weeks (they could only do the large intestine at that time) and again at 2 1/2 years since his GI tract grew a little slower than the rest of his abdomen and the rotation had to be corrected again. This time they fixed the large and small intestine. We didn't know he was going to require the second surgery until he dropped in pain one day. We rushed him to our local hospital and ended up walking out and racing to the children's hospital. They immediately gave him Reglan to relax his stomach and the pain was gone. They did the Reglan before taking the xray so we are not sure but we think his bowels twisted but the relaxing released it. When he had surgery at 5 weeks many procedures were done to correct a whole lot of congenital problems and it took about 6 hours but when they just did the LAD, when he was 2 1/2, it only took about 2 hours from the time they took him from me to the time I was sitting in recovery with him. The first surgery was done in the regular hospital he was born in and the second in a children's hospital.....and there is a HUGE difference. I'm sure your mind is reeling but just know that you are not alone and I will do anything I can to help you! Just know that you are not alone! This board is a great support system! Kim helped me so much with my GD and everyone has been so encouraging and supportive since the visit I had with the prickly moron of a doctor last week....I really feel we were all destined to be here. Who would have thought we would have met in a BCC community that was so huge and end up on our own boards taking care of eachother??? What a great thing friendship is! ;-)
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:20 pm

Hello! i am back from the doctor. Just like I thought Nate has bronchitis and double ear infections. So we were put on antibiotics, steroids, nebulizer treatments, and inhaled steroids too. So that is 4 more meds than we are already taking. I found out you have to have 5 ear infections in a year to get tubes. We are on #3 in 3 months. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they are about to stop.

Elise - Sorry to hear Rayna has a stress fracture. Any idea how it might have happened? Glad they were able to figure it out and she can still go to school.

Diana - I am glad that the Upper GI was a success. Its good to know these things now and be prepared for the future. I hope you get to get everything taken care of in one surgery. I am glad you now know everything going on with her.

Joy and Jessica - I got Nate some Mum Mums too. He is still trying to figure them out. Its a strange consistency to him so he is still working on it. Hopefully he likes them because I didnt realize it when I ordered them but I ordered a case of regular and a case of vegetable mum mums. OOps!

MichelleL - I hoped things have calmed down and everything went well with asking your OK friend to be the Godfather. Oh and from FB - I hope things with Dawson's glasses went ok.

Hi to everyone else I missed!

Oh and I think I am about to go insaine from the music being played by Nate's swing.

I should go now.

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:07 pm

Amy - I sure hope Nate gets better quickly! He looks like such a happy guy....he doesn't have time to be sick like this again! ;-)

Elise - Honestly, I was thinking growing pains as someone else mentioned. A stress fracture....good grief! Atleast you know what's going on!

Joy - Brenden seriously loves him some mum mum's! I think they look like surf boards....

Kristen - That's cool that Maddie is saying baba! I wish Brenden would say something like mama as Dawson's first babble was dada and I never heard the end of it! LOL!

AFM - I'm about to go INSANE! Brenden cut another tooth yesterday and he was up SIX times last night. DH and I are seriously about to die of exhaustion today! This child is upstairs in his room screaming and has been off and on since 1pm. He took an hour am nap but will only sleep while I am holding him this afternoon and I'm just not gonna do it. He's fed, changed, motrin-ized, booger-ized....I just don't know what else I can do. He falls alseep immediately in my arms but wakes as soon as I lay him down. WTH?? Why can't he just sleep??? Life would be so much easier if he'd just sleep! We thought we were on the road to success as he has either slept all night or woke only once for a quick bottle all week. Anyway, we asked our friend if he would be the boys Godfather last night and to my suprise he got all choked up. He agreed with tears in his eyes. I knew he was the right person but his response just set it in stone for me. ;-) Poor Dawson made it to school this morning! I bandaged him up and off he went. He's got a really bad skinning on his left elbow and left knee, his side is all scratched up and his glasses nailed him right into his left eye. He's got a bruise all around his eyebrow. You can tell his glasses were smashed into his face.....luckily I fixed them good enough with needle nose pliers that he can wear them today. He wasn't about to miss showing off his crash and burn wounds! We're off to Walmart Optical as soon as he gets off the bus! That is if I don't go insane first! I've never known a 6month old baby that can stay awake for hours on end.....
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:18 pm

So yeah - I was just puked on major. It was awesome... Nate ate a whole stage 2 jar of squash and had some antibiotic and blah. I just got done giving him a bath and changing my clothes and now everything is in the washer. What an afternoon. I also went and picked up all of the meds at the pharmacy. So many to keep on a schedule. The steroids cause all kinds of strange side effects but the Dr told me not to pay attention to those. Its more for long term use than a short burst. Here is a pic of my sickey after his bath. He has such sad eyes.

[url=Photobucket

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:31 pm

So we just got back from getting glasses. Much to my suprise his frames were covered under warranty and the lenses only cost me $50!!! Yea!! I unbandaged him a few minutes ago....his elbow is pretty ick but his knee and side are much better looking. Dawson was so excited when he got off the bus....telling me how his friends think he is "tight"...whatever that means! LOL!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:43 pm

lol it means "cool"
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:17 pm

Amy, that poor lil boy!!!! He looks pitiful in his picture compared to how happy he is normally. I hope he's feeling better soon.

Elise, Sorry to hear about Rayna's foot. I hope she can stick to her rules once she starts feeling better. That would be tough as a little person.

Joy & Jessica, I tried Aubrey on the mum-mums today. She did ok with them other than trying to shove the entire 1/2 into her mouth at once. The last 2 times I've been to Walmart they were out of them. I know some of our Walmarts don't even carry them so I hope mine hasn't stopped.

Kristen, that is so cute Maddie is saying baba. Aubrey is still just jabbering and stuck on blowing raspberrys.

Michelle, I am SO thankful to have all of you ladies. The advice and the support is wonderful. DH an I tell our families the important stuff, like why she has to have surgery but I don't tell them all the little things going on that are not going to affect her b/c they will pity her (or should I say even more) and we don't want her to be pitied...she has some issues but she's going to be fine and I don't want her treated like she's a sick kid. My point is again I am thankful to have a place to share and vent.
Glad everything went well with your OK friend. That is just awesome that he was so touched.
It's hilarious that Dawson is 'tight'...haha!!! And, I hope Brenden cuts his tooth and give you some rest.

Hi to Kim, Shannon, Eileen...and anyone else I missed.

AFM:Well we already have an appt with the surgeon on Tuesday morning. I so glad to keep it moving.
Aubrey hasn't been sleeping as sound at night so I'm wondering about her teething but I'm not sure what to look for. I don't think anything is going on on the bottom but on the top right the front of her gum looks swollen and has little white dots..... I'm clueless.
Also, DH got a new job today!!! It's nothing close to the job he had before but it's ALOT more than unemployment and it's in maintenance which is what he's going to school for so it's nice when he graduates he will actually have some experience to look for another job. The new job knows he's in school and is aware that he doesn't know the heating/cooling and electrical that well yet so it was nice of them to give him a shot.

OMGosh...did I ramble on or what! Sorry ladies, alot happened since I posted earlier today.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:27 am

Alright here I go on the personals..Sorry if they aren't in order of appearance but a few of these I had to write up the side of the page I was keeping track on because the board was busy busy...

Shannon-Nope Dh has not even had a call about a job...well I lie he had on but it was for doing taxi service and he would have had to use our van and only get paid based on how many he dropped and picked up..did not seem like he would be making anything being the fact we would have added wear and tear on our only vehicle for hardly any benefit.. He's been applying all over but it just really sucks right now. I hope something comes up soon though..

Amy- That poor little guy. He does look sad in that picture... and no smile that definitely shows he ain't feelin too hot..Hopefully he gets over this rather quickly..I know its rough to always have a LO's sick and feel like its your fault or you are not doing enough things the right way to keep him healthy but don't beat yourself up you are doing an awesome mommy job for little Nate.. I think the weather is just screwing with everyone right now..maybe when it warms up all our LO''s will stay healthy..I know the weather always messes with me and my kids and we end up sick..some stuff travels through the air too and that is hard to control unless you are a hermit..They have veggie mum mums? I will so have to check it out at walmart and see if they have them there. I know when I was there and got reg mum mums I took one of the last few boxes that was there..hopefully when I go they will be in stock again.

Diana- I am so happy to hear they figured out what's going on...sounds like you have an awesome Doctor+hospital team working together.. I am glad you seem to be more relaxed now knowing what is what..Here's hoping for 6 months(or more!!) of no infections for little miss Aubrey!!!Awesome news about the Job for your dh.... I bet that is a relief too...

Kristen- I so feel your pain with the teething stuff..Jeremiah is taking the teething worse than what Faith and Elijah did combined...so its almost like I am first time mommy in regards to that part..they just never fussed or cried much he gets crabby and cranky and has had a low fevers due to teething..

Elise- I'm glad they figured out what was wrong with Rayna.... Poor Girl..least she will have a bit of relief with the motrin... I think Faith is having a bit of a bout with growing pains sometimes she will wake and cry while holding her shin or even sometimes during the day too..

Michelle- I am so in total agreement with all you said about this group of Ladies here...You never met a baby who could stay up for hours on end....well Meet Jeremiah then... this lil guy likes to run all kinds of shifts I never know when I will be going to bed at night..sometimes it is 1am other times 4 or 5am...crazy schedule I tell ya.. That is too cute about Dawson...for an 8 yr old to be told he is "Tight" thats a special honor to them...hehhe Glad he is taking it well though being all banged up...what A strong guy!

OK I think I managed to do all personals...I am so sorry if I forgot anyone..but I think I got everyone covered...

To add more to what Michelle said about this board..and you group of ladies here... You all have been an awesome group of friends to me.. and I am so glad to have just by chance ran across this group when it was on BBC just because I had signed up for pregnancy tracker and stuff.....You guys have been my crutch,my outlet to just vent and rant about problems and issues,my place I could come to and ask questions and get answers, my place to come to if I needed prayer about something or support while going through things, and last but surely not least a place for me to just come and share my life and family with. Just someone to share my everyday life, worries,struggles and triumphs with. I can truly say that you ladies are very close friends of mine. I have a few friends outside of my computer that I talk with but with none of them to I talk to or share with the many things I have shared here. I would not be as quick to discuss with them half of the things I have said here.. I am grateful and thankful and truly blessed to have each and everyone of you ladies in my life as my friend.. Just figured I would let you all know it too. Thank you for being here for me when I need you to be. Very Happy

Just wanted to add one more thing.........sorry this is so long but I wanted to be able to do in depth personals with everyone....

Last edited by joyhurt83 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : apologizing for talking too much :lol!:)

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:18 am

Elise- glad they figured out what was wrong with rayna it sure took long enough! It is so hard when our babies even older babies are sick or have something going on with them. Good luck with the weaning! So sorry you have to stop for medical issues. But don’t feel bad about it you are a trooper I gave itup right away…lol

Kristen- so sorry to hear the struggles with teething, we are struggling also. Daniel had a cold all weekend and sore throat and cut his first tooth! So he was REALLY fussy

Diana- yeah for the job news and figuring out what is going on with little Aubrey!!! At least now you can relax and know what you are dealing with and take proper action.

Amy- you are doing a great job as mommy for little nate. Don’t ever doubt that! And it is so hard when they are sick they can be inconsolable no matter what you do and you have to just do everything you can and let them be. He looks so unhappy and sickey poor little guy! Sorry about the puked on part yucko! Don’t ever doubt though you are one of the most attentive mothers I know!

Shannon so sorry you are feeling crapy! You and your animals I swear you ought to just open a zoo!...lol or pet store at least…lol

Nurse Jessica- that is so creepy about the twins thing but you have had the ultra sound right I mean you know it is only one right? That would make me scream so sorry!

Michelle L- so sorry to hear about the no sleeping teething sucks I guess.

Joy- you teared me up with what you said about this board I second everything you have said. Like the CPS thing this is the first place I went crazy to me since it is the computer but this board is just some of my closest friends.

Kim? how are you?

I think that is everyone. AFM I am having a hard time with my cpap machine (for sleep apnea) in the last few days I have gotten this frantic weird scared feeling with the mask on my face I am trying ot get another mask one that is not over your face but just on your nose or in your nostrils so we shall see. It is making a difference so that is way cool.

Daniel cut his first tooth!!! He has been sick all weekend but cut his first tooth as well. So yeah! I am in denial because I just went out and bought a bunch of 3-6 months stuff and the little bugger grew and si now in 6-9 months of course but he is so cute about it…lol hope everyone has a great day and those fo you that need sleep I pray you get it!!! You can check out some really cute pics of daniel on my web page on facebook i can't get chutterfly to work right now for this board. i am under eileen bauer on facebook.
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:35 am

Joy - I'm with Eileen - I never thought that when I found this board, I would become so close to everyone on it! The support we give to each other and receive from each other is AWESOME!!! Smile

Eileen - sorry you're having problems with the cpap - but yeah for daniel's tooth! i just went through the 12 mo size stuff i had put away from the other kids and pulled out a bunch of the stuff - some of it actually fits Logan now!!!! But, some of it is 8 years old and the sizing has changed, i think, a bit since then.

Amy - poor Nate! DH had tubes when he was younger and Rayna had them put in last year. They are worth it!!

Kim - glad you had a nice trip - it's always nice to get away even if it is just for the night

Shannon - hope you're feeling better

Diana - glad things are looking up for you and your DH....i totally understand the stress of no job -- my DH is still looking and his end date is July 17, but it will be here fast!

Hi to everyone else that I missed.....

AFM: last night I put Logan to bed without nursing.....he was okay with it, suprisingly - I had made a 6oz bottle, but he only wanted 4oz. And he slept until about 3ish, when DH heard him first, got up and got him back to bed without him needing/wanting to eat again. So, I guess so far so good! But today, he's actually different - it took him longer to eat his cereal than usual and he hasn't had a morning bottle, which he normally has right after breakfast. And now, he's quiet in the pack n play....just checked - he's sleeping. Not the worst thing -- i'll just have to see if this is because he's getting sick, or if it's just because he didn't nurse last night so things will be different now? I guess weaning him is the right thing to do, because he slept better last night than he has in a while! Once I know that last night was not a fluke and he is completely weaned, I can call my dermatologist and get in to see him and get back on some meds. Don't remember if I ever mentioned it, but I have H.S. (hidradenitis suppurativa) which is a skin disorder. People think it's acne, but it's not. And it's hormone and stress based, so it's really in full force right now!

Ok - I should try to get more laundry done - got all the clothes done yesterday, but there are still sheets/towels to do - oh, and the handle on the washer broke yesterday too! And DH doesn't want to pay the money to replace the washer/dryer (which need to be done) because if we're moving....yada yada yada.....the washer only works properly if you set it on the heavy duty cycle which is 50 min (minimum) and the dryer only works if it's on timed dry for 99min. So it takes almost 2 hours to do one load!!! It's so aggrevating!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRR!!!

Ok - rant done, long post done, i'm off to put away the laundry i did yesterday and hope and pray that Rayna's pre-school doesn't call for me to pick her up early because she's having problems with her foot - i think maybe she should just stay home until it heals, but DH thinks she'll be fine at school on her tippy-toes...okay - no more tangents!!!! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:47 am

I am headed back to the OB that delivered Brenden....hopefully she will/can help me with the bleeding. I probably should have went to her in the first place (instead of that jerk last week) but I never felt totally comfortable with her. I just want someone to stop the bleeding so I can get back on track...... My appointment is at 11am....wish me luck!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:45 am

MichelleL - good luck!!!!

AFM: Just came back from picking up Rayna - her teacher called around 11am saying that she was complaining that her foot hurt, so we'll take it day-by-day. And just before that call came, I took Logan's temp and it was 101.4 so I gave him tylenol and called the dr to make sure they didn't want to see him. I had a feeling something was up with him - hopefully the fever won't go higher and he'll start getting back to being himself.....
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum