Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's for dinner?

+7
ladydy
Kim
PolloLoco75
rocknrollmommy616
mythreesons
tweetie462
MichelleL
11 posters

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

What's for dinner? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's for dinner?

Post by MichelleL Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:29 am

Here ya' go Amy! I hope you like it! You can use already cut stew meat but I like to just cut up my own meat because it turns out far more tender IMO.

Caldo de Res

1 chuck roast cut into large chunks
1 chopped onion
1 cup sliced carrots
14.5oz can diced tomatoes
3 cups beef broth
3 cups water
1 minced jalapeno
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 potatoes - quartered
2 ears corn - husked and cut in half
1 head cabbage, cored & cut into wedges
1 lime

Brown beef in oil or butter and add onions and carrots. Season well with salt and pepper and garlic if you like. Cook down a bit. Add tomatoes, broth, minced jalapeno, & water. Simmer about 45 minutes. Add potatoes, corn, cabbage and cilantro - cook until veggies are tender (about 15 minutes). Laddle soup into large bowls and garnish with a squeeze of lime juice. May also garnish with jalapeno, minced onion or additional cilantro.

Tonight we are having steak fingers, mashed potatoes, and green beans. Brenden is having green beans, a little beef, and apricots.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:02 am

Michelle, that sounds really good, thanks for sharing.

Last night DH grilled the corned beef and it was wonderful. Here is the recipe we used for the beef and potatoes.
http://bbq.about.com/od/beef/a/aa031205a.htm
The cabbage I cut in to 8 pieces wrapped it in foil with a little butter, salt, pepper, garlic pwdr and bacon pieces and DH grilled it too...it was yummy. I also like putting it in a frying pan with some bacon and seasonings.

Tonight we are going to DH's brother's house for chicken parm. He is a chef so it's always a challenge to find something to take but I have an appetizer recipe that I know they like.

parmesan cheese spread.
3oz cream cheese
4 T margarine, softened
1/4 t garlic powder
2 T grated parmesan cheese
1T dry white wine
1T minced parsley
dash of thyme
dash of marjoram
mix all ingredents chill for at least 4 hrs. i serve it with bagel chips and celery.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:44 am

We had grilled burgers and fries

Not sure about menu tomorrow though this is starting to become a trend with me not having a clue what's for dinner..

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:06 am

Don't feel bad Joy - that's my life - I very rarely have a plan for dinner early in the day!

Tonight will be chicken something - that's all I know at this point! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:29 am

Last night we had left over Corned Beef and Cabbage. It was still good. I know I made something DH really liked because with in 2 days its all gone. Oh but he did ask - Do the Irish know how to make anything other than stew? I could have strangeled him.

Tonight will be quick and easy because we are trying to move Nate's bedtime up a 1/2 hour so we have to eat earlier. Amy's Pizza it is!

Turkey Pepperoni, Mushroom, Onion and bell peppers. I'm excited!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:40 pm

I think we're going to do sandwiches or something frozen tonight. We ate out for lunch, Mexican, it was yummy!!!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:59 pm

we are having meatloaf and mashed potatoes along with some broccoli and cheese sauce...thanks for the tip about the recipe on the lipton's onion mix box (I think it was Kristen) that is what I am trying...I have never made meatloaf before Embarassed
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:22 pm

Kim - send me some meatloaf, will ya'? I've been craving it for so long!

We had Taco Cabana tonight since I dropped Dawson off at his slumber party (is that what it's called for a boy??) at 6pm which is when we eat dinner. Blech.....it was not good. I don't know what is going on with some of these restuarants....the food is just not the same! Tomorrow I am catering so we'll have pork tenderloin, roasted new potatoes parmesan, spinach salad and homemade rolls. Texas Cowpatties (my signature cookie) for dessert. Dawson and I make them into icecream sandwiches!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:57 pm

We had Eckrich smoked sausage and mac and cheese something quick and simple....tomorrow is meatloaf, Mashed potatoes and green beans.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:57 am

Michelle- try the recipe on the back of the lipton onion mix package...it was great!!!! I think it was like 2lbs hamburger, 1pk of onion soup mix, 3/4 cup plain dry bread crumps, 3/4 (?) cup of water, two eggs and 1/3 cup of ketchup.

Tonight I made pork chops with cream of mushroom soup, au gratin potatoes, and green bean casserole.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:56 am

Kim- I'm so glad you liked the meatloaf! I love that recipe- dh's grandma told me about it!
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:20 pm

DH an I were going to have an eve out tonight, my sister is supposed to watch Aubrey but with her having a fever, if she's still feeling blah, we'll stay home. I was ready to call my sister and cancel 1st thing this morn and DH is like....no, please wait, maybe she'll feel better. So, I haven't cancelled yet, hopefully she'll feel better. I know he's needing some us time too.

Anyway, my point, we haven't decided if we're going to have a bar & grill party St Patty's night or a nice dinner, wine, quiet night by ourselves.
If we stay home we'll probably have chicken, grilled zuchinni & squash and some starch.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:13 pm

It's so nice outside here that I'm saving the catering food to be reheated tomorrow and tonight we are having grilled ribeyes, baked potatoes and some grilled zucchini & onions.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:07 pm

Last night was shake n bake chicken and corn on the cob (frozen then nuked).

Tonight was hungarian goulash in the crock pot. Tomorrow night will be boneless rib eyes - either broiled or stove-top grilled. I got some asparagus, so I'll probably steam that as well.
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:37 am

We had the meatloaf...it was so yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I even threw in some minced onions to give more flavor...and DH didn't even complain..We still have half a loaf left over for maybe an easy lunch tomorrow... Oh yeah the sides were mashed potatoes and carrots...yummm no clue about tomorrow yet...

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:56 pm

Ok Tonight I am trying something new. Its from kraftfoods.com and its an Upside Down Shepherd's Pie. Here is the recipe:

What You Need3/4 lb. new potatoes (about 6) 1/2 cup water 1/4 cup KRAFT Tuscan House Italian Dressing and Marinade 1 lb. extra lean ground beef 1 onion, chopped 1 cup frozen corn 1 tomato, chopped 1/3 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Italian* Three Cheese Blend Make It
HEAT oven to 400ºF. Microwave potatoes and water in 2-qt. microwaveable ovenproof casserole on HIGH 10 to 12 min. or until potatoes are tender. Let stand 5 min. Meanwhile, heat dressing in nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add meat and onions; cook and stir until meat is browned. Stir in corn and tomatoes.

DRAIN potatoes; return to dish. Flatten with bottom of small cup or bowl; top with meat mixture and cheese. Cover.

BAKE 25 min. or until casserole is heated through and top is golden brown, removing lid after 20 min.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:37 pm

something quick & easy...noone in our house slept last night.

maybe takeout chinese
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:38 pm

Double cheeseburger hamburger helper was for dinner tonight...

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:57 pm

ok so we didnt have that shepherds pie thing. My head hurts to bad to cook so we are having chick fil a tonight
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:22 am

I have no idea what we are having....maybe tacos. I've got to get back on track with my menu planning! I hate it when I don't have the day planned....
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:51 am

We're having smoked sausage, fried cabbage (b/c i bought too much for st pats) and potatoes.

last night was chinese... chick fried rice, special egg foo young
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:37 pm

Last night ended up being pancakes since the steaks were still frozen. So, tonight will be boneless rib eyes - probably broiled in the oven.
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:47 pm

DH decided he is making hamburgers and shoestring french fries in the deep fryer to make em nice and crispy..which is fine by me as I have been busy(thats why I am not posting a whole lot or able to remember all I read because I hurry and skim through it) just about all week trying to clean up the lower apt where the tenant moved out. Landlord asked me to clean it up(he left alot of stuff behind and the floors have stuff all over them) and he will pay me for it or take it off next months rent...so I am taking advantage of it...

PS Elise I LOVE PANCAKES!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:20 pm

Joy - DH loves breakfast for dinner so we do it a lot - and the kids love pancakes, so it's a winner all around! Bisquick and I make a great dinner! Smile I've made from scratch before, but it's too time consuming with 3 kids! It's quicker to use the mix - sometimes I add in bananas or chocolate chips.

I was actually able to make a full dinner tonight - I was suprised! Along with the steaks, I made rice pilaf, corn and asparagus. Logan had peas and applesauce.

Now I just have to figure out tomorrow night.......
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:30 pm

Tonight I ended up making chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, and green beans. Brenden had turkey (for the first time and he loved it), green beans and a bit of applesauce for dessert.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum