Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

December is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+10
mythreesons
jessijennings
rocknrollmommy616
Tscadden
mnelson80
tweetie462
Chaycethedogs
PolloLoco75
Kim
eileen bauer
14 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

December is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 8 Empty Re: December is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:38 pm

Jessi- I agree about our group of mommies becoming really good friends with each other I have come to look forward to coming here each day and reading whats new with everyone. Its nice to have some place to come and discuss with other momma like ourself that are going through the same issues and struggles of (pregnancy then) and motherhood now. Don't beat yourself up Jessi you are not a mean wifey you all are just working out the kinks together in the marriage We've all been there(or soon will be at some point ie Bekah our newest bride of the gang :-P).Besides sometimes a guy doesn't get what we are trying to say until we get a bit mean with em then they realize "Hey something I did or didn't do is bugging her" KWIM? But I am glad that you are going through that book together and working it out together and that it is going well.
Shannon -Aw poor Lucas having the IV in his head. You are a strong momma cause lemme tell ya that would've freaked me out a bit. But I agree if put in same situation I would do anything to make sure my little guy was gonna be ok.

Bekah- I just noticed you switched the avatar picture of Joey and I am just gonna tell ya right now it is adorable.

Back to top Go down

December is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 8 Empty Re: December is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:33 pm

Ok I almost forgot to tell you all...
Well an update about the whole drama with my younger sister...I ended up not be able to get a lawyer through legal aid I guess because they have very low and limited funding for that stuff but on a good note I went to court today andI was talking with the CPS worker before the judge came in as he was running late or something. I explained myself more in depth and tried to give her a better idea of where I was coming from and why I wanted to relinquish guardianship. Then the judge came in and our case was the first one to be called So we sit down and he asked How things were going from last hearing and I told him basically its the same and that I still wished to terminate guardianship etc etc. So he ended up mentioning how he gotten a letter from her counselor stating that they seen it fit for her to placed elsewhere and guardianship terminated. He then asked the CPS lady about the whole central registry and gave her the sample scenario whom would she petition if she had found trina out in the streets in the cold etc etc and she said well she would petition the parents and he said wll thats my problem with this I don't feel it is appropriate in this case to petition the guardian for neglect as she is voluntarily terminating guardianship due to circumstances beyond her control the state did not have to step in and take Trina due to neglect or abuse. He also mentioned that he doesn't think this is going to be an issue for me when I asked him. They(CPS) had mentioned they are going to put a petition against her father because he is an alcoholic and unfit and isn't capable of taking care of her because by law they have to file a petition agaist someone. So the CPS lady is supposed to give me a call either today before 5 pm or first thing in the morning and arrange for pick up of Trina and her belongings tomorrow afternoon. So that is definitely a relief for me that I don't have to worry about that now. And the judge said he does not expect a problems to arise in petitioning her dad to take the neglect charge but that if there is a problem he will go back to the drawing board and figure out another way to get around it so that I don't get anything put against me.

Also a bit more of good news my brother paid for us to have the bearing done on our van. Belle tire and goodyear wanted 250-450 to do it and he talked to one of his buddies who owns a garage and was willing to do the labor for only $84 and the part only costed like 90 or so so it only cost 160 instead. And since we didn't have the money available my brother paid for it. So things are looking up for us now if only the hubby could find work.

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:18 am

Amy- yeah on having all the shopping done and wrapping almost done!

shannnon- those symptomes sound so easily missed good for you being so on the ball and keeping a close watch on your little one!!!

michelle- happy traveling!!!

jessi- my hubby and i just finished that book and it is amazing good for you!!! you should see the movie too!

Elise- you are ahead of me i still do not have a myspace page...lol oh and what is the proper way to say happy hanukah is that it? I couldn't imagine having to deal with the snow ug more power to you girl! and happy birthday to ods!

Joy- yeah on the sitaution with the courts and sister!!! that is a tough one but you are doing the right thing for your family. and yeah on the car thing. Cars can be so finicky!

AFM i went to the dentist today and found out i need a root cancel and some kind of deep cleaning since i haven't been in 10 years, (yeah i know i just never got around to it) so long story short it will cost with my crappy dental insurance $1000 ug it is never ending for me with cars, and teeth!...lol but not going to mess with it until after the holidays. don't want to have to go to work after having a root canal...lol i can be called in at any time so will wait on that a little.

All ready for christmas i will be working at night but will be home christmas morning at 8am for presents. I am so excited to see the kiddos opening their presents. Merry christmas all! and hope you all get to have a relaxing and happy day on thursday!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:09 am

Eileen - that's exactly how you say it. thanks. and thanks for the happy b-day wishes to ods. i can't believe he's 8!! luckily, we haven't lost power during all these storms!

Joy - so glad things are working out for you! you've had it rough lately, so i'm glad it looks things are turning a corner.

AFM: i am so tired! we've been transitioning Logan into his crib, and the first stretch isn't so bad, but when he gets up around 3am to eat, i end up falling asleep with him in the rocking chair so by the time i put him back down and get back into bed he's up again because he either didn't finish eating because he fell asleep, or he's ready to eat again! we'll get there...time to get the kiddos ready for school - ODS's last day is today before vacation and DD has today and tomorrow..woohooo!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:26 am

Hey Everyone!

I hope you are having a good week. The holidays are in full swing.

Joy - I am glad things were resolved with your sister. Its so hard when family issues disrupt your normal day to day. Hopefully they (CPS) will get it taken care of with no problems really for you.

Elise - Happy Hannakah! Hope you guys are having 8 Craaaaazy Nights as Adam Sandler would say. I also hope your ODS had a great birthday.

Michelle (Chayce) - I hope you have a great Christmas in OK. I am waving to you as you drive by the Metroplex!

Eileen - Its a bummer that you have to work but it is so great that you will be able to be home for Christmas morning.

AFM - Today is baking day. I have 3 things to make for Christmas Eve. I am making sugar free gingerbread cake, Apple Turnovers and chocolate toffee bars. So Nate will be in his high chair in the kitchen and we will be singing, dancin and baking. I was only a little behind and sent out my Christmas cards yesterday. People may get them in time but its doubtful! My mom has given Nate a reindeer - baby's first christmas rattle blanket thing. HE LOVES IT. It is now his woobie and we have named him Rupert after Stewie's bear on Family Guy. We kind of see Nate as a Stewie. LOL. Well I guess that is it for now. You ladies have a great day and hopefully I will be able to check in.

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari7779 Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:21 pm

Hi everyone! Its been awhile but since returning to work during holidays it gets busy for us and everyone here took advantage of me being back and took vacatiions. So my only day off is Chrsitmas DAy. Did get my shopping done and wrapped finally last night. its hard getting out and finding someone to help DH watch the kids. The twins are doing good, they will be 4 months tomorrow and go in next monday for the 4-month vaccs. They are both on the same formula now and doing well on it. Had an issue with Jr. with ORal thrush like 2weeks ago but he is doing much better. We are staying home for christmas eve with immediate family. We only celebrate on christmas eve but i work that day. nothing planned since both DH and I work Friday. I really dont take the twins out since its been cold and RSV fears but keeping fingers crossed the synagis shots work for that.

Shannon-glad to hear you and LO are back home and doing better. Yes vaccs are never guaranteed but I do think the twins got their HIB vac...so far they havent gotten sick and i am really trying to avoid that because two babies sick would drive me insane...but keeping fingers crossed.

Well I hope you all have a blessed holiday and keep warm! santa
Mari7779
Mari7779

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:12 pm

Maribel- So great to hear from you and happy to hear that the twins are thriving!!! I am still to chicken to take my two girls out by myself so i can deffinitly understand the need for help.

Amy- have fun baking!!!

Joy- glad it seems the situation with your sister has a solution...I am still not understanding the whole someone has to be charged thing though.

Elise- Happy Hanukkah!!!!
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:26 pm

Joy- Glad things are working out for you with your sister.

I know that we're supposed to give thanks at Thanksgiving but have so much to be thankful for right now that I think it'll be ok to be thankfulat Xmas too...I'm thankful that Lucas is out of the hospital and doing well.I'm thankful for my DH still having a job during these rough times in the economy.I'm thankful for being able to spend so much time watching my kids grow up, even if they sometimes drivr me crazy.I'm thankful for the few but amazing friends that DH and I have and am thankful for my family who've been a tremendous help to me this year during my crazy pregnancy.Finally I'm thankful to have found some wonderful online with you ladies...At firs I used to find it funny when something would happen and I'd say that i've got to get onlined and tell you guys about it...Now its second nature...So it looks like I will be traveling Cristmas Eve now.The doctor cleared Lucas to do some light travel...Christmas day is usually at my aunt's house but everyone there is REALLY sick...So we're going to do Christmas there a different day...Hope you all have a safe and happy Holiday...

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:56 pm

Amy-Nate looks so cute all buddled up in the carseat with his little blankie.

Mari- not sure if you just redid your avatar but the twins are adorable. They are growing so well for being born early. Glad they have been healthy despite all the yucky cold germs that fly around this time of year. I hate to see my Jeremiah sick too I can just imagine how much harder it would be for you. Smart momma by keeping them out of germs reach.

Kim- I am not too sure about the having to petition someone either Guess thats one of the screwy things they have made mandatory..

On a very good note though
Well as I was mentioning yesterday in my post about them get a pick up order and such..Well they CPS worker arrived today at about 2:30pm to get Trina and her stuff although she has so many clothes they will have to come and get them at a later date because they all wouldn't fit in a little compact car..So Trina packed up the car best she could and the CPS lady took her to the Foster Parents home. And within a couple of hours Trina ended up calling and saying how the family are a Christian couple and how she has her own room there all to herself and how they were getting ready to go to Pizza Hut. So overall I think she is happy I mean when she left she didn't even shed a tear she was all ready to get out of here.The CPS lady had mentioned that the couple is hoping to adopt a child and Trina if things work out with her staying through the holidays and they wish to keep her that will be her permanent home. So all this may have been the best thing in the end.
Also I am so relieved to let you ladies know that the petition was filed against her dad(well who we believe is her dad based on that she looks just like him other than her being a female and him a guy) I think why they may have filed against him is because in the absence of the mother the father would be expected to take responsibility and him being an alcoholic and having other drunks hanging around and unsanitary living quarters he is found to be negligent toward his parental duties...I think..if that makes sense...I am just so glad that along with the judge's reassurance I would not have anything held against me the CPS worker told me that as well today Very Happy
I do feel kind of guilty for terminating guardianship and stuff because I know mom did not want her back in foster care but honestly I think she will be happier there than with me. It wasn't a good situation for me,Matt,Trina or my 3 LO's to always have arguing and constant chaos 24/7 going on. It is kinda sad though she won't be with her real family for Christmas but she was ready and willing to leave weeks ago and at first given opportunity to leave she jumped at it. Alright I guess that Is all for now..Maybe I'll scan our new family pic and kids collage and add it on the fun pic thread later they turned out really good..till then take care
Ps Merry CHRISTmas and Happy Hanukkah to all of you stay safe..and to Shannon missed your post post before me as I was typing mine out one handed holding baby and feeding him all at same time while typing but wanted to add on here I love the new Avatar pic of Lucas he looks like such a happy lil man. Also glad to hear they allowed light travel that means he has gotten way better and him body is fighting it off fairly well..be safe during your travels.
Joy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:11 am

Happy Holidays everyone!!! I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season!!!!!
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:28 am

Happy Holidays to everyone and their families. I hope everyone has a great Christmas with their new bundles of joy!! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:39 am

hey everybody. Sorry it's been a while. With Joseph being hard of sleeping these days, I have just been coming on and reading not and again.

Jessi - I know how you feel, I try to tell people about you guys and i wonder if they think ?I'm nuts. When Shannon's baby Lucas was sick I was telling my mom about 'My girls'. hen I have to further explain ho "my girls" are lol. Anyways, I'm totally happy that you and DH are getting along better and trying to better your marriage. Good for yall! ^_^

Joy - awwww, heyy.... I'm not that new to the situation! lol me and DH have been living together for a year. We only get into BIG fights every now and again. But he was raised right so he rarely yells at me, and thankfully has never raised a hand at me. Also, we(unlike a guy I know) do not fight in public b/c we know its bad manners to ruin a get together. Anyways, but yeah, we nag at each other now and again, but never actually like all out fight. I'm so glad to hear about your sister and that the judge is totally on your side. and thanks for the compliments on the pic. I am trying to resize all of them(i scanned them to my pc) to put them in the fun pics thread, but I'm having a hard time with that.. *sigh*

Eileen - glad to hear you'll be home for christmas morning! ^_^ hooray! And sorry about the teeth thing. Sometimes I wonder if I should get medicaid and go get my teeth cleaned lol. I'm sure they need a good checking up on. I guess we won't be seeing you after that. you might be too loopy for typing! Wink

Elise - I still haven't transitioned Joey. I am just exhausted all the time. I really need to stop piddling around and keep my anemia in check with these iron pills. I still let DH get baby during the night so I can sleep. But I have so much respect for you keeping up with putting Logan in his crib. ^_^ hooray logan!

Amy - lol Nate looks fantastic in that pic! Like a little alien! ^_^ Joey HATES hats. He wiggles out of them and gets angry at us when we put them on him. I hope your baking turns out good! Christmas eve... I'm so excited!

AFM - I bought DH a GPS navigator for christmas and I'm wondering how I should give it to him. Should I connect it to the car and ask him to take us some place? Should I just give it to him? I don't know! Anyways, we ot Joey's bouncy... hooray! it's got a 25lb weight limit but I still think he should be good. I won't have to keep turning the damn thing on every 10 minutes... guh! Tonight it christmas eve! And that means.... our family tradition. Every year for christmas eve my family(brother, his wife, sister, her kids, mom, her boyfriend, and possibly a stray family member here and there) comes over and we have a little picnic on the carpet and watch White Christmas, then open our presents to each other. Joey can open the presents from us christmas morning. We all know he'll be up lol. But it's usually really fun. I know when Joey grows up he'll love it too. It's my favorite time of year. I just love christmas because we all get together no matter what on christmas eve to do our tradition. ^_^ Anyway, I better go get some things done before the little guy wakes up. Tootles!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:43 pm

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:25 pm

Hi ladies,

It's been FOREVER since I posted. It's been the craziest December. I started working from home and even though it's only part of the day it seems like it takes so much time out of the day.
Aubrey is doing great! She was approved for RSV shots b/c of her extended hospital stay. I'm glad too b/c my twin nieces both are battling RSV, one of them was admitted to the hospital yesterday.
I don't know if any of you are familiar with the Anhueser-Busch Brewery buyout but that is here in St Louis and my husband WAS employed there but was laid off on Dec 12th...MERRY CHRISTMAS! After 23 years it's kind of a slap in the face but it's just a bump in the road and we'll manage. He's thinking about returning to school and I'm very excited for him.

I am going to try to be a better poster.... I'm including Aubrey's 8weeks pics. All of the new pics you ladies have posted are adorable.......

Diana

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and wish you all a safe and happy New Year.

[img]December is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 8 8wks[/img]
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:20 pm

Oh Diana...she is beautiful!!!!! And I am so sorry to hear about your DH. I had heard about the buy out. I was a fan of Bud...but it is quite unamerican for the American made touting beer to be owned by a German company...but on the flip side did your husband ever get to meet Dale Jr?
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:53 pm

Thanks Kim... no, never got to meet Dale Jr but we will miss the free beer and 8 weeks vacation.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:08 am

Finally internet access!! Merry Christmas everyone! I hope ya'll had a wonderful holiday! We checked into our regular hotel this evening...thank God...the cabin wasn't nearly as "cozy" as I thought it would be! Something was lodged in the chimney and we nearly burned the freakin' thing down on Christmas Eve. Everyone is okay....it's really a story to tell but I'll have to do that another time....I'm just too tired right now! Please accept my apologies for not doing personals. I miss ya'll and I'll be back to check on my chicky momma's soon! Have a great weekend! -Michelle
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:12 am

Michelle- glad you are back with the everyday comforts we have gotten used too....so anxious to hear about your cabin story. It sounds like some serious crazyness!!!

Diana- 8 weeks vacation!!!! WOW! I would be missing the free beer too cause as I said, Bud Light was my beer of choice when I did drink it, DH's too. I hope he is able to find something quickly.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:08 pm

Wow what a crazy holiday its been...I don't even think I have the words for it..Lucas now has an entire wardrobe for 3-6 and 6-9 months.literally every outfit that my mom bought in the 3-6 month category she also bought in the 6-9 month one...he got a few toys and a stationary jumper...I also finally talked DH into getting a snuggke nest..He spent about half the night in it kast night...Am battling a nasty cold right now.my head is super congested...ugh...

Diana-Welcome back!Aubrey is just gorgeous!!!

Will be back another day to post personals>Hope everyone had some good holidays!

Shannom
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:18 am

shannon- hope you get well soon!

chrsitmas was awesome. my son got his train table and has not stopped playing with it yet...lol and my daughter got her dad's old playstation and nintendo64 and a bunch of games to go with them and has been playing them since she opened it...lol the baby has been quite fussy he is doing this thing where he will fuss and arch his tummy out when i try to feed him so i burp him and he burps and then he fusses with the bottle in his mouth and doesn't eat. he will take a good 5-6 oz in the morning and then again at 11am and then today he didn't have but 2 oz at 8pm and hadn't had anything since 11am. i made the bottles he just didn't want them...think i may call the doctor on monday. i am concerned about him getting dehydrated and not eating. I worry it has something to do with his reflux. any feedback woudl be helpful, i am worried but i am a worrier anyways.
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:17 am

Eileen, Aubrey is very gassy and there are sometimes she fights me thru the 2nd 1/2 of her bottle, even after she's been burped...and she burps like a man! She will throw her head back and arch her back. My doc told me she's just gassy and she's ok. She also doesn't even eat 4oz yet. She's a very regular 3-4hr eater..but just under 4oz is her max. The doc told me that as long as she's growing what she wants to take is fine.
I do try to contain her when she starts to throw herself back...I just hold her a little firmer and either shush her with a low, long shush or talk to her really low and calming. Most the time that will help...

Shannon, thanks and I hope you're feeling better soon. DH had that a couple weeks ago and he's still battling the cough.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:43 pm

Ga.. I feel like I've been gone forever. Hope everyone had a great holiday. Ours went well and was seemingly uneventful.. Thank Goodness.

I had a ton to say and now my mind has went blank.. err..

I'll have to re-read and then post again.. LOL
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:14 pm

Hi Everyone!

I hope you all had wonderful holidays! Ours was good. Busy but good. In fact Nate is still sleeping off all of the fun he had. All the grandparents and relatives couldnt keep their hands off of him and he is exhausted.

Diana - I am glad to see you back. Aubry is beautiful. I love those pics!

I guess that is about it for now. DH is home and doesnt go back to work until January 5th. Then I go back to work on the 8th. We are working today to take down the Christmas decorations, finish up the laundry and get the house ready for a deep cleaning tomorrow. Whew! Good times. That and DH is all about going to see the King Tut exhibit too. DH is getting the boxes out of the attic now for the decorations so I should get going.

Take Care Ladies!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:21 pm

Ok I'm so over my ODS being home from school for vacation...He doesn't go back until either the 5th or 6th.It's almost like I have to retrain him on the house rules again when he's got a long weekend or a holiday.It's usually nice and quiet from about 9-2:30pm monday thru friday and boy I could really use that to get over this cold..I feel worse today than I did yesterday although I don't have the headache that I did yesterday.I've spent all day today reminding the older two kids to pick up one set of new things before they move to the next thing and since they had xmas in several locations they have ALOT of toys and games...Lucas has been grumpy since saturday so not sure whats going on but he won't put up with anyone but me holding him(not even DH can hold him)He starts eating then stops and screams then eats, and stops and screams...I'm wondering if he's either teething or got an ear ache...No fever.been doing tylenol when hes at his grumpiest...ideas?anyone?if hes like this tomorrow we may call his doctor...Im hoping he's just overstressed from nall the chaos of the past 2 weeks...Sigh.....
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:02 pm

Shannon - I am so sorry you are feeling so bad. I hope you and little Luc get to feeling better. Nate has been a bit of a grump as well. I think its all the excitement from Christmas and now he is "coming down". Maybe after being sick and the excitement of the holidays he is just a little grumpy and needs his mommy. Hang in there girl!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next