Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

December is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+10
mythreesons
jessijennings
rocknrollmommy616
Tscadden
mnelson80
tweetie462
Chaycethedogs
PolloLoco75
Kim
eileen bauer
14 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

December is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: December is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by mnelson80 Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:12 pm

Dominic has been a little grumpy too. Not horrible, just not his usual self. I kind of think it's a) the Christmas excitement thing b) he's had to have more formula recently because with all the excitement and a slightly different night time routine I've lost some supply. Sad Plus his eating habbits shifted to something that doesn't even make sense.. sometimes he wants to eat every hour and a half or 2 hours.. sometimes 3. He is still eating about 4-5 oz everytime.. but now he keeps falling asleep while eating.. so he'll eat 2-3oz fall asleep.. wake up like 20 or 30 mintues.. be hungry.. eat maybe a lot maybe a little.. it's so weird. It's like he's lost any sence of a schedule. I can't tell if he's eating a lot more of I've just lost that much supply.. I actually hope getting back to work and such will help things even back out. I hate to give up on nursing and pumping already when it seemed to be going so well.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

December is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: December is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by eileen bauer Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:34 pm

sounds like all teh kiddos at 2 months adn 2 weeks are having the same problems with feeding...that is interesting. daniel ate better today so i am happier. shannon sorry you arenb't gettign rest! I too am waitting dfor kiddos to go back to school and on teh 5th i get to have my root canal yeah! seriously my mouth hurts so much i cant sleep well so it can't come soon enough!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:47 pm

Shannon - I'm so sorry you are sick hun. This year has just been awful for you guys! that should be your New Year's Resolution! No more getting sick! lol ^_^ Get well soon babe!

Eileen- Even at 3 months and a week... Joey's still having the same issues!

AFM - Yeah. We are having feeding issues too. I'm glad (but not terribly) that you all are in the same boat. Then I know maybe he's just going through a growth spurt, like the rest of you. He is exactly the same. He started not eating like 1-2 oz of a 6oz bottle, then he'll finish a 6 oz bottle, but be hungry like 3 hours later. Now I have to feed him 4 or 5oz every 2- 2 1/2 hrs, like a breastfed baby. But he has FINALLY started to sleep during the night. we've gotten (knock of wood) 8 hours of consecutive sleep the past 3 nights.

We had a scare on Friday involving the swing. it stopped swinging, but everything else was still working. I nearly cried b/c Joey SLEEPS in his swing and only because he LOVES the movement. So, DH and I fiddled with a bit. And I flipped the switch from the plug to the batteries and all of a sudden it started working again. TADA! So yay for not having to go and spend a hundred dollars on a new swing that we never even bought in the first place. so hooray. Other than that, things have been good. We've had quite a few visitors over the weekend and stuff. We are ready to settle back in and enjoy a little peace and quiet for a few days now.

Does anyone else have this "problem?" Now that your LO is old enough to be awake for long stretches, it seems like everyone wants to come over and see them? I have had people over all over the place and I'm kind of sick of them coming. I had 3 people come over today without calling. Granted, I made plans to hang out with my cousin today, and my sister only came by for an hour. My sister-in-law(who's been a lot nicer lately) came over without calling too! Came back from getting lunch and BAM there she was! DH is home is I'm kind of not in the mood for company. We haven't had a day to ourselves for a while and I'd like to spend some time with him, without being bothered by visitors who don't even call! Does anyone else have this issue? It's really annoying and I'm gunna start turning people away at the door until they call me beforehand.
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:14 pm

Shannon - hope you're feeling better!! and i know what you mean about vacation! luckily, DH took this week off so I have help and hopefully will keep my sanity!

AFM: I just found out my sister is expecting her third! A shock, but in a pleasant way. She said she's going to find out what she's having, so I'll know what to keep for her and what to sell. She has 2 girls, and her husband's brothers and sister all have had girls, so we're figuring it'll be a girl...but you never know!

Logan is doing well in his crib, as long as we put him to bed in there when we go to bed. Otherwise, he's up within 15 minutes. Right now, he's being very fussy. He wanted to nurse, but then only wanted to cuddle in and go to sleep. So I took him upstairs and rocked with him for a little bit and then put him in his crib, so of course, he woke up. I sat back in the chair with him, nursed him again, then he started screaming. DH came in and took him and now he's happy. I guess he only wanted a little bit of Mommy and now wants to be with Daddy. So, I'm taking a baby-break! Smile

We had pictures taken of him and the other 2 today. They came out pretty cute.

Nothing much else going on -- hopefully we'll be able to really work on potty training DD.

Hope everyone has a good night!! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:53 pm

Elise- I wish you lots of luck on the potty training...we are in the middle of it with my ODD...and boy is it a struggle. Congrats on becoming an Auntie once again...I am glad I got my tubes tied because when ever new babies come around I seem to get the fever.

Shannon- I hope you are feeling better soon...you really need a break and pay attention to how you are feeling, I am sure you are susecptible to getting pnemonia more easily.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:09 am

Good morning...

Aubrey was a little irritable around the holidays too. I think she was exhausted from everyone handling her. I also found that now she's so alert she needs to go in her room for naps. Before she would just drop out and sleep for hours and now she doesn't sleep that long if there is alot going on...she doesn't want to miss anything.
I have to say, poor lil girlfriend comes by it honestly...her momma and her 3 aunts are all like that.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:53 pm

Kim - hopefully you're having better luck than we are! She has been in underwear since she woke up this morning, and was doing okay until just now. She pooped in her underwear - what a mess!! And the most upsetting thing is she pooped in the potty last week, so i know she kinda "gets" it, but at the same time, maybe she doesn't?? but she should since she's 4 and we've been working with her on it for the past 2 years and really aggressively the past 2 months! It's just so frustrating!! I have even told her that if she poops in the potty she will get a present and when she did poop in the potty, i gave her a present to open. And she knows when she pees in the potty she gets 1 M&M (if she's dry and goes potty she gets 2 M&Ms). It's so frustrating...I don't know if she is having physical issues, psychological issues or what!?!?!

Otherwise, things are going okay. Logan had an okay night but a rough morning. Now, he seems to be okay. But the other 2 are driving me nuts being home all day. I think we might go out to the mall for haircuts just to get them out of the house because they are going to drive me to the insane asylum otherwise! Smile

Hope everyone is having a better day than I am!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:48 pm

oh elise i am so sorry! my 3 yr old ( 3 on jan 6th) has gone back to nothing no potty trainning at all. i am hoping that a new daycare will make it work better for him as well as being aggressive at home. this stuff is frustrating!!!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:00 pm

ok ladies...please come visit me in the insane asylum...seriously if I end up in there then don't be surprised...Luc has still been grumpy...Will only let me hold him...My boys are off the wall...My head is feeling better but its moved into my chest...My two older boys both have colds but no fevers or anything fun like that..My Middle DS has a really tight cough so we've been doing nebulizer treatments all day.hopefully by tomorrow he'll be doing better...I may start doing them myself...then this morning Luc felt a little warm(I've gotten really good at detecting fevers with just my hand on forehead-not exact temp though Smile )so out came the thermometer and sure enough 100.6.gave him tylenol and it eventually came down..2pm temp was normal...4:30pm he felt warm again...we're up to 101F.If it doesn't come down then we're going to go vist my good buddies in the ER.....
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:28 am

ug shannon! you weren't kidding about mi vida loca! i am praying you don't end up at teh ER or the asylum! {{{good vibes and hugs}}}
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:07 am

I hope all of you guys get a break soon!!!

I am working today and we are expecting a snow storm...so I am sure it will be a busy day at the police station. Do any of you have plans for tonight? My plan is to go to bed early...I am working overtime tomorrow, couldn't pass up the money so I will not be watching the ball drop.

Happy New's Years to you all!!!
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:20 am

Good morning,

We're staying in tonight too...we are making shrimp cocktail for app and lobster tails for dinner with a nice bottle of wine. So, I probably won't see the ball drop either...a couple glasses of wine and if I'm sitting I'll be snoozing.
We're going out on Saturday with my 3 sisters and their husbands for dinner and music.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:49 am

ODS is having a sleepover at my parents, but otherwise we're home watching the snow fall. Hopefully I'll make it to midnight to see the ball drop, and not because I'm up feeding Logan!! Smile

Happy New Year everyone!! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:37 pm

I think I'm actually going to try to go to a party. This will be the first time in about 4 years! My best friend is throwing a huge catered (sushi and lettus rolls, and other asian specialties) ordeal and I haven't seen her in about 2 months. It's kind of akward though because SO doesn't want to go and I think we may very well ring in the new year apart from one another. If so.. I think it only goes to show what the new year will bring. I don't plan to be out past 1 though.. and I don't plan on having more than a glass or wine or champaigne.. since it's kind of far out and I'll be driving myself.. as well as still nursing.
Hope everyone has a good time! Happy New Year..
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:31 pm

We're just staying home now..Not sure yet what we will do...Middle DS still has a nasty cough so who knows.

Kim we got hit with about a foot of snow today!!Crazy thing is that it had all melted over the past several days with the rain...

Hope you all have a safe and happy new year!
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:58 pm

we're definitely staying home. No visitors no nothing. see "Need a Place To Vent?" for the reasons. lol
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:38 am

Hey Everyone! I hope everyone has a wonderfully safe and happy new year!

Shannon - I hope your bunch finally gets well. I swear you guys have had something or other since we were on the last board at BBC. I hope there isnt anything in your house making you guys ill! Take Care - and a little bourbon wont hurt. It takes away what ales you.

We are staying at home tonight. We had a big day at the Dallas Museum of Art. We went to the King Tut exhibit. My DH has been burning to go to it since it got here. That and when the "Bodies" exhibit came through I conveniently forgot about it. That stuff creeps me out a bit. The King Tut Exhibit was cool. Nate slept through the whole thing. Thank Goodness! Now we are at home drinking wine, playing Rock Band and Nate is finally asleep. Here is hoping he is asleep until at least 6 AM cuz its my night to get up.

Everyone have a great new year! Here is hoping this one is at least as good if not better than the last one. Even though we have had some hard time this last year getting our LOs here safe and sound makes 2008 a great year to me!

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:08 am

LOL...Amy, you guys take turns too!!!!

Well I hope you all have a wonderful New Year's and enjoyed your evening last night. I ending up getting sick around 7:30...we had eaten dinner and then watched a movie and I was feeling fine and then all of a sudden I just wasn't feeling to well...I spent the next two hours in the bathroom, both vomitting and having the other...I called and canceled my overtime that I was going to work today but then I was feeling better this morning so at 6am I called and the kid who worked last night was going to get stuck here...and he got stuck here last week for Christmas. So I came in. The $40 an hour I am making today did help give me some extra motivation.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:05 am

I worked new years at teh jail very uneventful night woohoo just like i like it! happy new year ladies may 2009 be an even better year!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:46 pm

Happy New Year!!!!

This board kicked me off and wouldn't let me sign back in! I've been trying for TWO days! Anyway, I just created a new account! I wish I had thought about that before now....

We didn't really do anything for NYE....stayed home and opened the kid friendly champagne at 9pm and toasting our wishes! Dawson is so cute! He wished for prices to go down so people didn't have to spend all of their money! The mind of a 9 year old.... LOL I was going to make appetizers and such but I'm not feeling well. The trip to Oklahoma really took a toll on me. It's NOT easy traveling with a 3 month old baby...especially staying in a hotel room. I am so glad to be home....

Okay, so we woke up this morning to a fantastic New Years gift from Brenden! He was drinking his bottle while in bed next to me....really just playing with the nipple and he puked. I'm not talking just any kind of puke but the projectile kind! All over me, our king size bed, DH, the head board, himself, even in his ear! It was nasty! I had to do two loads of laundry to clean everything he hit! After it was all over, maybe 12 seconds, he started laughing and cooing....like he was saying "HAPPY NEW YEAR!" I seriously thought hubby was going to vomit. Dawson came in when he heard us screaming "gross" and "yuck" and "OMG Brenden!" and starts yelling "it stinks in here, what happend? What's all that white stuff?" OMG.

Now the cabin story. As if the projectile baby puke wasn't enough for one day.... So Dawson is spending the night at our friends' house and Tony and I get back to the cabin (which was nice but a little too rustic for my taste) with Brenden and decide to build a fire since it was like 10 degrees outside. I'm in the kitchen making bottles and DH is building the fire. Brenden is across the way from the fireplace on the couch sleeping in his car seat. I look up and see smoke....lots of smoke. So I run into the living room (5 steps from the kitchen) and it is completely filled with smoke! I tell DH and he says "no it's not" and I"m like "look up you freak" and he starts yelling and looking for the fire extinguisher! I take Brenden and put him in the bathroom with the vent on so I can help DH get the wood out of the fire place. We decided to take the wood and throw it out the front door since there was a huge stone patio that was not going to burn up. Well, then it dawns on me that if we drop a piece of wood and light a chair up or something my baby is in the bathroom and I won't be able to get him so I stop helping DH and grab the baby and take him to the van. With my quick thinking mind I tell myself to get the park ranger especially since the fire extinguisher didn't work when we pulled the pin. So I drive off at 10pm in a pitch black national forrest to look for a man in a white truck....I'm so stupid! I turned around after about 5 minutes and went back to the cabin...thank God I found my way back...it really was dark! So I pull in and DH comes running around the side of the cabin screaming "you left me here to burn up???" and I told him why I had left and he's like so where is he...the porch is on fire?". OMG. Luckily there was a garden hose on the side of the cabin and we were able to put out the porch and the cabin was fine....jsut really smokey. Come to find out a bird had built a nest at the top of the chimney. Atleast that was the park rangers story the next day. I spent hours at my MIL's washing clothes because we all know when that much smoke is involved your clothes just soak it up....and everything we had...clean and dirty....stunk like that fire place. Mother of God.

I'm going to go and finish my appetizers that I didn't make last night before the baby wakes up and Tony & Dawson starve. Hope ya'll have a wonderful New Years Day and 2009 is going to be awesome....I just know it! :-)
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:40 am

Happy Late New years Ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow michelle sounds like it was chaos even on your vacation...glad everyone was ok after the fire scare.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9