Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

December is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+10
mythreesons
jessijennings
rocknrollmommy616
Tscadden
mnelson80
tweetie462
Chaycethedogs
PolloLoco75
Kim
eileen bauer
14 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

December is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: December is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by mythreesons Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:12 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSI!!!!!!!

Ok girls I'm such a total moron!!!Somehow I got myself logged out and I always use the same user id for all my accounts or they may very a little bit...Well I couldn't get back in here and I couldn't reset my password.Thanks to the help of Bekah and Michelle it's all straightened out...But when I changed my user id on here to "mythreesons" I forgot that it makes it my log in id...So I've been trying to use my old log in with the correct password! Embarassed
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

December is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: December is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Kim Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:52 pm

Happy Birthday Jessi!!!

Shannon- LOL...at least you made it back to us.

Amy- Good luck and let us know how he makes out!!! I totally agree with Michelle on putting them down when they are drowsy rather than asleep...it sucks, especially at first but it is so well worth it in the end. Landree already does pretty well with self soothing.

AFM- we had our apt...all is good, the details are on the apt thread.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:46 pm

awwh thank you for the birthday congrats! and thats a really cute cake! did everyone have a good thanksgiving?
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:52 pm

Shannon - at least you got back on! that's all that matters - chalk it up to new-mommy-brain (a close relative of pregnancy-brain) Very Happy

Amy - poor Nate! But if it is reflux, at least you can treat it!

Jessi - happy b-day! Smile

AFM: I'm just having some off days -- I just can't seem to get out of this funk i'm in....which of course, doesn't help with having to deal with day-to-day life stuff! This too shall pass....i hope.....
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:13 pm

Well we are back from the DA. Nate has the Reflux. So we are now starting our 4th formula and we are to take Zantac 3 times a day. This is the 2nd time I have switched and I have a bunch of the old formula left. I have a can & 1/2 of Nutramigen ($28 bucks a can) and a practically full can of isomill. Now he is eating the Enfimill A.R. formula. Luckily the Dr's office gave me like 8 cans as samples to see if this works. Keep your fingers crossed!

I guess that is it. I am starving. I have only had a bagel this morning. I guess I should get something to eat.

Take Care Ladies!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:16 pm

Amy- be aware that the enfamil AR can cause constipation it is really thick stuff but it works so well with teh spit up! Daniel has been on it since 2 weeks adn I love it!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:05 pm

Amy - make sure you register with enfamil at their website - they'll send you formula checks occassionally.
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:08 pm

Amy-Yay for smiles!!! Glad to know you were able to find out what the problem was and that they switched formulas, hope Nate does better now.
Jessi- HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:58 pm

Amy - Glad you found out what was up with Nate! Just an FYI but if you bought the formula at walmart and still have the receipt they will take it back...even the open cans. We've gone thru 5 formula's and I've taken them all back but one and that's because I lost the receipt. Also, which I am sure the doc told you....you need to keep Nate upright for atleast 15mins after a feeding and he needs to be proped up while asleep. Brenden sleeps on a flat pillow that I put UNDER the fitted sheet. I did the same thing with Dawson and it really works well. Once the Zantac kicks in (I mix it with Milacon in a nipple and have him drink it) he will be much happier! Hope you have a good night! :-)
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:09 pm

I was gonna say the same thing as both the Michelle's...I didn't know about the opened formula, but I have brought back unopened with out a problem and deffinitly register on Enfamil's website, they will send you coupons...I registered my mom too so i could get more
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:02 pm

I just put kit to sleep in a car seat that i took the straps out of we call it his sleep seat. makes him feel all snug and its upright enough to let him not spit up but he has a cold not reflux
jessijennings
jessijennings

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:29 pm

just curious if anyone will be making there own baby food?I never did before but am considering since i will be home anyway...
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:50 pm

yay we got our christmas tree and Joey's stocking! Smile It's a dog that plays "You ain't nothin but a hound dog" and it's ears flap and cheeks turn red to the music! ^_^ I'm so excited! BTW, I started using Karo syrup in Joseph's milk and he pooped on his own for the first time in a week! Hooray! Smile
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:12 pm

Shannon - nope - the closest I'll get is mixing the cereal with the formula instead of buying the pre-made cereal Smile

AFM: Logan is having the best time in his swing right. He's cooing to the fishes as they they turn around and it's so funny because it's like he's just realizing that there are things moving above him! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:31 pm

I'm going to try it, aside from the obvious making food i already do (breast food Razz) I have most of the kitchen stuff, so with maybe an attachment or two i should be ready to make all sorts of healthy baby food. If its not cost efficient and or not as healthy i probably wont keep it up.
jessijennings
jessijennings

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:53 pm

ug...warning may sound like whining here...but anyways my little guy has started smiling however he smiles for everyone but mom. i have yet to see it. he cries most of the day for me and is fussy (after I have worked all night) and i try and try to hold him and play with him and we do stuff but no smiles. So daddy comes home and walks in the door and leans over his bouncy seat and Daniel stops crying and smiles big for daddy and stops before i can run over and see it...lol i mean it is horrible how he seems to just be resolved to not letting mommy even see a smile...lol daddy is the cure al in my house...lol it sure would be nice to have a smile though i am sure i will get one eventually. but weird how mommy is chopped liver...lol
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:54 am

Yay I have tickers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:40 am

Shannon - I am not going to make baby food! LOL I tried with first DS....I went way over board and had to throw a bunch out! We didn't do baby food very long the first time so I doubt we will this time either...I only did stages 1 and 2 after that it was soft table food.

Bekah - I bought Brenden a stocking yesterday but I don't like it and I"m taking it back...it's not cute...just a stocking! My tree is up but the ornaments are here in the den next to me...in their boxes. Hopefully ds and I will get the tree done tonight! Lots of mom's use Karo so it must really work! How much do you put in? Do you use dark or light?

Elise - I just can't get over your avitar! Logan is just way too cute sitting in that rainforest thing!

Jessi - Let us know how the baby food making goes....

Eileen - I, too, was convinced daddy was da' man! Brenden would giggle, smile, play with him. He would also snuggle with him better than me and stop crying when dh picked him up but not when I would. I really hurt my feelings. So I took him back....I just carried him around for a day...for EVERYTHING I did (including laying him on the bathroom rug when I went pee) and I got him back. He's a momma's boy again! LOL

Joy - I seriously need to change my profile and add a ticker or two...I'm just too lazy! Yours looks great! :-)

AFM - last night was awful. DH worked late and didn't get home until 1am so I had to bathe both boys and put them both to bed. I know I sound complainy but Brenden was fussy most of the day yesterday and slept about and hour for the entire day. I didn't get anything done...including my grocery shopping. DH goes in today at 1pm so I thought I was going to be able to get my hair cut and run to Target by myself later this morning but instead I'll be at the grocery. As for last night... 8year old ds was up twice with tummy pain and Brenden was up THREE times to eat and then again about 5:45 to be held but he is back in bed...I just don't know for how long. I've started getting up at 6am (instead of 6:45) to get a full 45 minutes in a quiet house all to myself...we'll see how long that lasts for today! LOL I'm not sure the cereal is helping to curb the appetite because Brenden is still drinking his 8 five oz bottles per 24hours in addition to the cereal...it seems like I am giving him even MORE calories. I am feeding him cereal mixed with formula while we all eat breakfast (so he can eat too) and that's when I give him the prune juice then before afternoon nap I give him a bottle with cereal and again before bed. The other bottles are just regular. Should I be putting the cereal in all of the bottles???? Doc told me to gradually feed more x's per day with a spoon so it's about time to add another meal but he's gonna be 20lbs like tomorrow at this rate! I'm already at a loss....he's getting too big for his bouncy, car seat, pac n play bassinet, and even the swing has to be put on level 5 to really go! He is really big...only a little chunky....just really really big. Any ideas????????
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:41 am

Eileen - just remember...this too shall pass...you'll get him back! i don't get the smiles as much as DH does, but i do get them occassionally.

Chayce - if the doc told you to feed him like that, then i would. if you're concerned, check back with the doc if you think he's getting too much food.

AFM: last night wasn't too bad - i was up too late watching Top Chef (we are so addicted to that show) 'cause it's not on until 10pm and we can only watch it downstairs 'cause it's on a digital channel and we don't have a cable box upstairs nor do we have the dvr on the box...so, we didn't get to bed before 11pm and then by the time Logan ate, it was almost midnight before we all went to sleep...and then he was up at 4am to eat and then DH gave him his 2oz after I fed him and he slept from probably around 5 to 7:20 - when DH woke him up by sneezing and therefore startling him. Now, he's sleeping in his car seat (fell asleep taking DD to pre-school) and I'm supposed to be paying the bills, but it's too depressing........
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:00 pm

Jessi- I found this website yesterday and that's what got me thinking about making Luc's food at home.Supposedly it's more cost effective but I could see me going overboard like Michelle mentioned, so we'll see how it goes...I only do the first 2 stages and the cereals as well, by then I start doing softer versions of what we are eating.anyway here's the link if you have a chance to check it out...http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/

Eileen- Aww, you'll get smiles too!!! We have the opposite problem here, my DH will see Luc smiling and cooing at me and he puts his face right in his and Luc gets the quivery lip and cries...Daniel give mommy some of those precious gummy grins!

Joy- Great tickers!I need to add some of those!

Bekah- That has to be so cute!We have a scooby one that sings jingle bells!It scares my Dane but it's really cute(she tries to hide behind furniture, like that works)

Michelle- Way to get your little man back!! My middle DS was just like Brenden.It seemd like he got bigger just sitting there...Nothing seemed to fill him up..And he was huge, but not fat.He was big when he was born though(9lbs14oz)and hit 20lbs by 6 months but then he just sort of stayed at that weight for about a year and let the rest of his body catch up with him.Even now it seems like he is always hungry..He was eating lunch the other day, had a half of a sandwich in his hand and looked at me and told me he was hungry...Did the doc say to try him on some of the fruits or veggies or anything like that yet?Maybe that would help?

AFM- I weighed myself on Tuesday at my doctor's office while there for an appt for middle DS(he got shots poor kid-I had to hold him down after he kicked the doctor-lol)and I figured after turley day I probably gained like 5lbs since I ate everything in sight...Nope I actually lost a half pound...So I'm going to start doing my pilates dvd again and see what happens...Lucas is doing really well and other than spitting up when he eats(not a huge amount just enough to be annoying)he seems to just be a laid back kind of guy...I go on Monday to get my Mirena and am not looking forward to it...How long do you cramp for after getting it?Well am off to search recipes for dinner, yes I really have to start planning it this early in the morning otherwise I forget....LOL

Have a happy thursday ladies!
Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:38 pm

Shannon - I think it just depends on the person.. Bekah sounded like her's wasn't so pleasent.. and not just from the soap.. lol But mind didn't really bother me. I clenched my teeth when they were putting it in and I had period like cramps for about a day and a half.. nothing to serious.. mostly in my sides and back.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:23 pm

Shannon- when I had the mirena it felt like a normal exam, the doctor kept telling me okay little pinch and it was like an exam so no big deal for me but i have heard it is uncomfortable for other people. Also I didn't cramp, and my periode stopped the next morning and haven't had any spotting or cramping. Here's hopeing you have the same!!! although my doctor did a vaginal ultrasound to check on teh position of hte thing and figured out it was not all teh way at teh top of my uterus you might talk to your doctor about doing one before you put it in so the doctor knows how far to put it in. My doctor said I am further in that average and that was why when he put it in he didn't get it all the way (i am like whatever is it going to work that is all i care about)...lol I go back on the 22nd to get it checked. Good luck!

Joy- how did you get all three tickers on your signiture? I tried and it said my signiture was too long Sad

Michelle- my 2 yr old and 8yr old are both going through growth spirts right now eating crazy amounts of food like twice sometimes three times that of my husband or i even daniel ahs been wanting an occasional 6oz verses the regular 4oz bottles

Elise- thanks for the thoughts i gotta say bills depress me too but remember this too shall pass like you said and when life throws you lemons remember to take a shot of tequila and some salt with them!

AFM- I GOT 2 SMILES TODAY!!! after none forever i finally got them. Daniel is starting to have good moods now verses the grumpy kind of mad moods he seems to be in all teh time. When he wakes up to eat he is very seriouse and mad until he is done with th ebottle and then he falls asleep but lately he has been staying awake and playing but he still sleeps a lot. He wakes up at 9am has a bottle stays up till 10:30 then sleeps until 12 then has another bottle and sleeps until 3-4 then stays up till 5-6 and sleeps until 7 has a bottle at 8 and is down until 5am then sleeps until 9am adn it starts all over. Maybe that is why he seems so fussy and upset is he is alwasy hungry except for when he is sleeping...lol does all your little ones sleep that much? or more? or less?
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:37 pm

Eileen - Daniel's schedule is very much like my 1st ds's schedule was when he was a baby. I don't think I'm gonna get that lucky with Brenden...I've tried to get him going in that direction but it's just not working. Is Daniel sleeping in his bed thru the day? I can't get Brenden to stay asleep in it...he wants the swing or bouncy and I'm getting to the point that we are gonna have a rough couple of days because I feel like he needs his bed. I mean the 1st morning nap is usually short so the swing is okay but I want him to sleep several hours in the afternoon. KWIM?
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:33 am

he sleeps with me in the afternoon that is the only way i can get such a long nap since i work at night and sleep during the day. but at night he is in his bed, during the day it is really wehreever he falls asleep but he sleeps with me for the long nap. i haven't really rtied to put him in his bed lately. when he was still only eating and sleeping like the first 3 weeks he went into his bed for his naps but now it is uaually in his bouncy seat.
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:50 am

Eileen- Dominc sleeps a lot like that still too.. however it sounds like the night time is much more pleasant at your house. Ours was OK but seems to have taken a down turn since I returned to work. I'm not sure if he's sleeping to much during the day, or if the fact that all the time during the day I think he's sleeping in his swing at his grandma's. I'm trying to get him back into his bed too, but even if he doesn't take a really long evening nap I'm still having trouble getting him to sleep before 12 or 1am! Which is exausting for me. He'll sometimes go down at 12 and up at 3:30 back down by about 4 and up again at 6:30. Last night be was up until 1am and didn't get up til 5:45 THANK GOODNESS.. but it's just so hard to get him to sleep that first time around when I'm really wanting to get into bed.

I'm glad you finally got some smiles though! I was telling G-ma this morning.. Dominic smiles the most when your changing his clothes.. for some reason he just loves it! hahah
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next