Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

December is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+10
mythreesons
jessijennings
rocknrollmommy616
Tscadden
mnelson80
tweetie462
Chaycethedogs
PolloLoco75
Kim
eileen bauer
14 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

December is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: December is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by jessijennings Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:19 pm

thank you Shannon for that link it looks very helpful.

we are going to visit family this weekend and last time we took this little bassinet thing and just packed his clothes in it and then let him sleep in it but now he has a cold and has been sleeping in a car seat other then the actual one that's in the car so im wondering really what all to pack.. its going to be an interesting trip im sure
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

December is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: December is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by mythreesons Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:28 pm

Sigh...my ODS woke up at 3am throwing up...I hadn't really slept very well until that point because I had a leg ache...poor kid it's 2:15pm now and he's still throwing up...He was so upset when I told him he was staying home from school...he still keeps asking me every once in awhile if he can go...On the opposite extreme, my middles DS is starving and tells me he's just wasting away..He's not I assure you, he's well fed...And for even more fun Lucas is really grumpy and just wants to be held...Every time I've laid him down today he starts screaming...Crying, I'll let him do for a few minutes to see if he settles down, but not screaming...I'm hoping it's just something he ate in school and not a bug...I'm a bit upset with myself too because when he got sick this morning one of my first thoughts is that I won't be able to go out to lunch and the movie with my friend...Selfish I know, it's just that I need a break from my kids and DH...The more I think about how that upset me the more irritated I become with myself...It's going to be a slightly hectic weekend as it is...I'm going to be gone all afternoon tomorrow and dog sitting before and after that for my neighbors who will be gone for the day, Sunday we're getting a new/used refrigerator...We're buying it from my cousin because ours is on it's last legs.It came with the house and we have to have the dials all the way up to keep things cool, it doesn't get cold.The freezer works fairly well but the seal around the refrigerator door is falling apart so it doesn't seal right.The one condiment shelf broke completely and duct tape no longer holds it...The last straw came when I went to open it and the handle came off in my hand...So I'm excited about that...Hopefully DS will start to feel better soon.Poor kid, I hate when they're sick...

Have a quiet and uneventful weekend ladies!
Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:57 pm

Hi Everyone - Sorry to have been absent. Things here have been crazy. Ok I will have to catch up on personals another time. There is just too much...

Ok here is what has been up. So Nate has reflux and we changed formulas. Well the new formula constipates him so I have gone back to the Nutramigen. I wish my baby could use cheaper formula! Then I went to the doc for my ingrown toe nails. I just thought they were going to be looked at. Well they did the whole ingrown toe nail surgery right then and there. I was not prepared for that. I had to hold Nate through the whole proceedure. If I had known that is what they were going to do I would of had my DH there to watch the baby and drive me home. CRAZYNESS! I am healing up nicely and it wasnt too bad. Except for the numbing injections. That has to be the worst thing ever. I would rather get out of bed for the first time after a C-sections 40 times that ever have those injections again. I dont know how heroine addicts do it. I could never give myself shots in my toes! My DH has been sick and I think I maybe getting what he has but I'm not sure. Oh AF showed up so I am a bit cranky and not feeling right, but happy because I can now start my BC on Sunday. OH and my dog somehow got out of my yard today. We think he jumped over our 6 foot fence. My DH was in the neighborhood going to lunch (thank goodness) so he came by and found the dog in our neighborhood and brought him home. His face is all scratched up and he is missing a toenail (bleeding everywhere). We assume this is from going over the fence given the type of scratches etc. So now when the dogs are in the yard we have to chaperon them until we can get an 8 ft fence - Yeah those are cheap. Oh and Nate has been a bit of a grumpy puss. I think he has been having nightmares. He wakes up screaming and terrified. This is tears streaming down the face crying. When he is hungry he cries - but not tears like that. It takes 5-10 minutes to calm him down. I dont know what to do about it. I dont know what he is terrified of. He has never had anything bad happen to him. It just makes me curious - know what I mean? That and he wants to be held constantly. Anytime you put him down he starts crying. This is all new for us. Poor guy. I hope he isnt getting sick with what DH has too. I keep checking his temp and its normal. We just got home from the grocery store and he is still asleep in his car seat and I left him in it on the kitchen floor. I am so scared that if I take him out and put him in his bouncy or in his crib he will wake up. Oh wait I am hearing little squeeks from the kitchen. I should go.

Take Care All!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:38 pm

Amy - my advice to you is to make sure Nate is always propped up...even in his bed. Reflux is stomach acid/food coming up into the esphagus and it HURTS! Nutramigen powder is very thin which only makes the reflux worse...are you thickening it or using premade?? I remember how I felt when Dawson came home with this horrible reflux but I feel like a pro since Brenden has been diagnosed! LOL Now if I could only figure out this cereal in the bottle/cereal with the spoon issue!
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:41 pm

Shannon - sorry to hear about your ODS. Sick kids are never easy to deal with!

Amy - poor Nate! Maybe the reflux is bothering him?? He's a bit too young for night terrors....

AFM: Today was an okay day - i'm emotionally drained, but otherwise doing okay. And now Logan's up so "playtime" for Mommy is over....
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:56 pm

Michelle- I use Dark Karo syrup(I think there is something with the Molasses in it that helps them poop) and I use about 1-2 teaspoons

Eileen- I don't use the top thing for the html I use the one that says psuedo html. And it fits.Originally I tried doing it with the reg html and it wouldn't fit for me either so I messed around and figured it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:31 am

Joy thanks for the trick! it worked!!! I have been going to the site copy and pasting everyting every time and finaly now i can stop i mean i have been doing that for the whole pregnancy and up until now! ug i should of asked sooner! sorry my blonde roots are coming out i guess...lol
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:19 pm

I'm completely exausted...ODS is still really sick...He now is running a fever and has a bad headache...I'm pushing fluids like crazy and he's drinking ok...I was going to stay home and not go to the movie and lunch with my friend but after a rough start this morning he looked much better...Fever was down but not gone..I came home and he was asleep on the couch at like 6:30pmWhen he woke up he looked terrible!!!Turns out DH only gave him half of the dose of tylenol that he needed...He also started vomiting again...i got the right amount of tylenol in to him and now he's resting on the couch...He looks terrible, I know i keep saying that but i don't know how else to describe him...i feel really guilty for having gone to lunch and a movie with my friend while he was home sick...I swear when i left he looked like he was on the road to recovery...if his fever doesnt drop soon we're heading to the hospital...

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari7779 Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:54 pm

hi everyone, well we just got back from santa pics and not too bad but imtired. my first week back to work went ok..just wish i could get some more sleep but coffee is my best friend. im also not too happy that i got stuck with bcp because my insurance wouldnt cover iud..babies are doing well..some days easy...abby has some wierd diaper rash and doc gave me a creme. now i think david has oral thrush..so here we go back to doc..ive been back and forth to doc this past week and im drained.

other than that they are all ok and im really trying to get in the holiday spirit. well going to get in a cat nap before kiddos wake up.
Mari7779
Mari7779

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:19 am

Shannon- keep us posted, don't feel bad about going he would of been that way wether you went or not and he looked like he was doing better. you need you time and sometimes it seems the world is against it...lol

Jessi- Good luck traveling! that is always fun since I always seem to forget something inmportant like diapers or bottles you know really important stuff...lol

Maribel- the pic is so cute! it is my first week back at work too and it has been bitter sweet. I liked the break from being mommy and just being me but i miss my kiddos. Miss the cost in childcare too...lol but life goes on.

Elise- hope your night was better then your day! {{{hugs}}}

Amy- I am with michelle propping up is working very well for Daniel. Good luck!

AFM- I am at work and trying to stay awake...lol tomorrow morning i get off work at 7am be at church by 8am and then get home around 1:30 meeting at 4:30 that I may not make and then back to work leaving at9:15pm tomorrow night. so long day sunday for me. ohwell could always be worse. hope everyone is having a good night and getting sleep! Daniel started sleeping 10-5 for my husband the first night i went to work little stinker never slept through the night for me...lol
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:54 am

Shannon - Don't feel bad! You had no idea he was going to spike the fever again! Everyone needs time to themselves! You really shouldn't feel guilty! I always feel there is a lesson learned in everything we do/don't do. I don't think the lesson in this was meant for you....I think it was meant to teach DH to read the tylenol bottle before he administers medication! LOL

Maribel - So good to hear from you! The picture is too cute and the twins are getting BIG! Hopefully you'll get yourself and those sweet pumpkins on a really good routine so your work load will run smoothly!

Jessi - You've got to let us know how your first travels with the baby went! Hopefully ya'll are still in one piece...it's not easy traveling with a newborn!

Amy - How is Nate doing??

Eileen - It sounds like you are going to be really tired come Monday...I hope you find more time to sleep then what you typed! I admire you being able to go back to work IN THE NIGHT and be so calm about it! I guess I'm just getting too old and need me sleep!

AFM - We got pictures done yesterday!!! I'm going to scan them in later today....I'm still waking up at this point. Finally a really nice family picture! My eyes are almost closed but everyone else looks so good I didn't want to mess with it! We arrived at our appointment ON TIME but the studio (Picture People) was running late! So while Brenden was awake and smiling and being the star of the waiting area we had to sit and watch him get fussy, then hungry, the fall fast asleep before we were called! I was so upset! The chick that did our pics wanted to use all of these props ect and I was like "look...we've waited over an hour and I'm in no mood...I just want clean pics at great angles and I'm good" so she did just what I asked for! I can't wait to share them! We ended up shopping afterwards so we were gone for nearly 8 hours yesterday but had a very good time all in all. Also, Friday we bought Brenden a high chair and he looks so cute reclined back! I've been wheeling him thru the kitchen and he just loves it! Every morning I have him in there with me while I make ODS's breakfast, fold laundry, empty the dishwasher, bleach counters, make bottles, all that good stuff...it is usually about an hour and he's in his bouncy in the freakin' floor so this is so much better! This is a very busy time of year for us...we host Thanksgiving, DS's birthday is on the 14th of December (he'll be 9 *wipes tear*), we have DH's work Christmas party, we go to the Houston Symphony and listen to a Very Merry Pops, we travel home to Oklahoma for a week for Christmas, and then when we get back we host a New Years Party. It's all one after another! We are skipping the symphony this afternoon because I have to finish decorating and clean my dang house...it's messier then ever and I can't stand clutter! I hope ya'll have a fantastic Sunday! Oh, I was at the new BCC reading thru the Sept mommies and one of the members lost her baby to SIDS...2months old...while he was sleeping in her arms. When Brenden woke up at 5:30 to be fed I actually cried with him because I was so grateful that he woke up!
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:52 am

Chayce - that is so sad!

Shannon - don't beat yourself up over it -- you made a decision based on the information you had at the time!

AFM: Logan slept really well last night - I put him in his crib around 10pm and he was in there until about 12:30am!! Then I fed him, he went back to sleep in the snuggle nest and didn't wake again until about 4am and then slept until almost 8!! I was in SHOCK!!!! Ok - time to get ready to take ODS to sunday school.....check back later!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:19 pm

Shannon - don't beat yourself up hun. How could you know his fever was going to go back up? I guess if it persists you can call your doc tomorrow. He will be okay, and you are not a bad mommy for going and having mommy time. It's okay hunny. Smile

Michelle- I just read the story. I am not sure how this happened. But from what it sounded like, she was breast feeding him(maybe she fell asleep feeding him?) and then put him on his stomach and she went back to sleep? It is hard to figure out how she found him and what it is that happened that we could learn from. I cried reading it as well. I just don't know what I would do if Joey ever passed away as young as he is. It actually scares me because SIDS is so mysterious. I mean, they talk about SIDS sometimes and it seems like a suffocation thing, but then this happened. Well I am spending time with joey right now and it makes me heartsick to know that that woman lost her precious baby boy. I am praying for her and keeping her in my thoughts. I don't know how she will get through this, but she will. I know when my grandparents lost 2 of their children to Anaphylaxis(because of their DTaP shots!), they still had my dad and aunt later on. I know it will be rough, but somehow we cope with the fact that God holds our babies close to him when they pass so young. I am crying just thinking about this. Ladies, be mindful of your babies! :'(

AFM - Joey has been pooping pretty good on his own lately and had some severely explosive diapers(see ' What The Poop?')! Last night DF was swaddling Joey and I guess he is getting too big for the blanket, and he tried to wrap it real tight and Joey and Joey screamed bloody murder! I was in the other room collecting up some mommy time for myself when I ran into the living room where joey was screaming and crying. I felt so horrible. But not as bad as Cory did after Joseph started crying. I went to take him to calm him down and DF was all, "No I want to calm him down, I feel bad." Well I figured he needed a mother's love for like 5 minutes and ultimately he was okay. Anyways, but guess what? Me and my DF are getting married tomorrow at 2pm! My mom was originally not going to come b/c she had to work but... as it turns out she is coming. It is a weird twist of fate that she is. Because, her aunt(i have never met this person btw) died a few days ago and the funeral is tomorrow at around 10 or 11. So she decided, well I have to take off for this funeral, why not just take off the whole day and come to your wedding?! So after the funeral she is going to come home, we're all going to make sure we're nice and pretty, and then we are going up to the JP to get hitched! ^_^ Then we are all coming home and decorating for Christmas(the tree and the INSIDE of the house). Then, around 6 or 7, my friend Sarah is going to come over and watch Joseph while my mom takes us out for dinner. At 8 or so, we are coming home to have a get together with a few of my friends and family.

SPEAKING of which... You all know about my witch of a sister-in-law right? About how she's a brat and totally jealous of my baby and me having a wonderful fiancee who's never even yelled at me... So I call her to ask if her and my brother would like to join us tomorrow night for a little get together and you know what she said? "I can't, we're packing." So I assumed that meant my brother AND her were packing. lo and Behold, my cousin says Luke(my bro) is going to try to come. What a bitch! I am so peeved at her... UGH and I've seen their apartment, they don't have that much stuff to pack if they are moving in with her mother for a few months... the hypocrite...

Anyways, so.. I'm getting married girls!!! Smile We are just getting married at the JP for now and in like 10 years we will have a real ceremony for a vow renewal, and then we'll be able to afford it and Joey will be able to enjoy it! ^_^ HOORAY!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:20 pm

Thanks guys.I was feeling really bad about leaving ODS while he felt terrible.But he does have a dad capable of taking care of him...He's feeling much better today.Still has a terrible headache which is staying under control with motrin and he still has a low grade fever so I don't think he will be going to school tomorrow.We got our "new"refirgerator from my cousin today.She's split from her hubby and moved back home with my aunt and uncle and doesn't need it so it's been sitting in their barn...For $200 I won't complain to badly...It cleaned up nicely after 4.5 hours of DH and I scrubbing...

Michelle- OMG I read that story about the SIDS baby as well! I cried for a half hour then spent another half hour trying to convince DH that I wasn't preggo(I cried at the drop of a hat while preggo)and I had to explain why I had been crying...Now I'm all freaked out and looking at angelcare monitors...Anyone have one?

Maribel- Cute pic of your LO's with Santa!We usually do that the weekend before xmas...I know heading to the mall on that weekend isn't the most brilliant idea, BUT thats when DH gets his bonus so we usually finish up the xmas shopping that weekend...

Elise-It's nice when they sleep a little more for you isn't it?But a bit stressful too since we aren't used to it and wake up waiting for them to...

Well DH and I are worn out from cleaning that fridge...I can't believe how gross it was...It looks nice now but my back is killing me and I still have to make dinner...He's got a migraine and is dozing in his chair with Luc sleeping on him..Very cute...older boys are playing Wii in my room...It's snowing like crazy here right now and I'm loving it. until DH has to drive in it...Gotta run and make dinner before I fall asleep...LOL

Shannon

Hope everyone had a restful weekend...
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:24 pm

CONGRATS BEKAH!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ALL ABOUT IT!!!!

HUGS!!!!!! Luv ya girl!!!

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:02 pm

CONGRATULATIONS BEKAH!!! take pictures for us! between us I got married at the JP also much cheaper!...lol
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:47 pm

Bekah - CONGRATS!! I can't wait to hear (read) all about it!

Shannon - glad you have a nice, clean fridge now!

AFM: today has been busy, but okay. Now is the meltdown hour, so upstairs to pajamas we go.....
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:13 am

Congrats Bekah!!!!! I wish I lived closer...I'd make you a wedding cake! Have a great day tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:48 am

aww a wedding cake. you're so sweet. ^_^
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:16 pm

Congrats Bekah!! Take lots of pictures! And I'm so glad your mom is going to be able to make it.. YAY!
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:12 pm

Bekah- SOOOOOO?????Did ya get hitched?LOL!!!Hope you remember your vows!I was so nervous that I kept trying to put DH's wedding band on the wrong hand(he gave me the wrong hand to begin with but I was so nervous I didn't notice)and I barely remember anything I said!

Elise- Thanks!I'm an easy pleaser Very Happy

AFM- Got my mirena-see mommy's appts.Came home curled up in my fleece jammies and watched Wall-e with middle ds...Getting a new sink put in tomorrow I hope...other than that nothing new...I had a hard time sleeping yesterday after I read that SIDS post...I kept checking on Luc and he'd get irritated with me and wake up and cry...But he cried and that's all that matters!

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:16 pm

Shannon - I know what you mean, I was being sort of that way with Joseph. I wasn't crazy with it, but I did ask DH if I should check to see if he's breathing a few times. Nope, woke up and ate around 5 this morning. ^_^ yay!

AFM- Okay! It's official. I am no longer Rebekah Patterson! I'm Rebekah Ward! woohoo! My mom was able to make it and she held Joseph while we said our vows. I cried because it was just so meaningful to me. I don't care that it was in some random tiny courtroom. I was happy that I was getting married finally and that I was saying my vows to the man I plan to be with for the rest of my life. I saw our future in that moment. He and I as old people and still being in love and our kid(s)(hopefully someday lol) grown up and having families of their own. It felt right and my body just couldn't contain the happiness, so I cried. We don't have our rings yet, but we will hopefully have them soon. I am so excited, I could leap for joy! ^_^ So we are waiting for my mom to get home and then we are going to decorate the tree. Then my mom's boyfriend and is coming over at 645 and we are all going to Nakamoto (sushi, which I haven't had in forever b/c of the pregnancy lol) while my friends Daniel and Sarah and my cousin Staci watch the baby. Then we are coming home and having a little party. ^_^ I guess my mom is going over to her BF's house tonight because there WILL be drinking lol. so... I am really happy! hooray!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:35 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy for you chica!!! Have a great night! You deserve it!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:56 pm

Congrats Bekah!!!!

AFM- sorry I haven't posted much it has been crazy hectic. I had that training I had to go away to last thur and fri. when I got home my toddler cried and told me to leave...LOL, how is that for unconditional love. At least Landree smiled for me. Then I had DH's 30th birthday bash Sat. night...that was just a crazy crazy night of fun...first time I ever saw my Dh get sick from drinking. Then yesterday we went and did the girls Christmas pictures...now I have to work on my christmas cards and make some cookies for my family holiday party that is on friday.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:47 pm

Congrats Bekah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Kim - So he puked, huh?? LOL! Hope you life gets less hectic soon!

Shannon - So you got the Mirena also? I had an ectopic preg in 1996 so I am not a candidate for it. I don't know what we are going to do. DH refuses to get snipped and I know he's scared to death to do it because I told him he'd never get "any" again if he didn't and he turned green and said "if that's the way it has to be"! LMAO I can't really do BCP because of my polycystic ovarian syndrome...it makes my symptoms worse. I've never had to worry about BC my ENTIRE life...until Brenden came along! Now what??

AFM - I posted our portraits in the pic thread but they are crazy small. I'm such a computer moron! Today has been a weird day. Brenden slept well last night! He watched Desperate Housewives from his pak-n-play (LOL) and then fell asleep on his own until 2am. DH got up and fed him then he was up at 5am and crying like crazy...then he loaded a diaper with the worst smelling poo so far! So he cried back to sleep only to wake at 6am and poo again. He was up until 8am and just kept crying so I gave him some mylicon and put him in his swing....out he went..until11am. I had to go to the grocery so we were gone until 1:30 and he slept the entire time. We got home he ate and wanted his swing again...he just woke up and it's nearly 6pm! I hope he's not getting sick....
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next