Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayflowers or May Flowers???

+8
ladydy
tweetie462
eileen bauer
PolloLoco75
nursejessicadavis
Kim
MichelleL
mythreesons
12 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Mayflowers or May Flowers??? - Page 7 Empty Re: Mayflowers or May Flowers???

Post by ladydy Tue May 19, 2009 3:04 pm

Amy, awesome you have the rest of the week off, enjoy it! Aubrey can NOT stay awake in the car..last week when she had dr appts thurs/fri both days we never even made it out of the parking garage and she was crashed.

Kim, i know this sounds terrible but i can't remember how long the surgery will take. we were so thinking we would do them together that i can't remember how long his portion would take. i do know they said hospital stay could be 7-10 days. everything has to start working again and she has to be eating.
i have questions about a PICC line and pain management afterwards so the dr or nurse prac is supposed to be calling me, i thought yesterday but they haven't yet. if i don't hear from them by tomorrow i will call back on friday and ask all those questions. i know he's in surgery on thursdays.

AFM:we are going to check out the new sitter friday morn before dh's procedure. she said she will hold a spot for aubrey until july for no charge.
it's 80 degrees here today so aubrey and i are going to the park for a free concert tonight while dh is at school. it's a doobie brothers knock off band so it should be fun. i bought her a cool do-rag at BRU this weekend so she'll fit right in...haha.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue May 19, 2009 3:34 pm

Diana - good luck to your DH! When my DH had it done, he was really sore afterwards and the next day. Then, each day he was a bit better. After a week he was so done with the jock strap! Smile And now he's been declared sterile! Smile And I hope that this surgery helps Aubrey! Smile She's one tough cookie!

Amy - have a fun vaca from work!

Michelle - glad things look ok - I know you'll be at complete ease once the test results come back!

Hi everyone!

AFM: luckily, we hadn't gotten rid of the convertible car seats from Rayna, so are using that for Logan - plus we have a spare because we had one for each car!

Not much else is going on - we're probably going to schedule an OT eval for Rayna at the children's hospital since we know the ins will cover it. DH called the ins company asking about the developmental one and they wanted more info as to what it entailed, so DH called the hospital and was told that the exam would be by a development pedi who is booked until Dec but they're going to be hiring more people, so Aug would be the earliest they would be able to possibly get her an appt. Hence, the reason we're opting to at least get the OT eval done. If we insist on one thru the school, they can take 45 days to schedule it, and with the school year almost over......And if there are issues found at a private one, we can use that to make them give her the help she needs thru the school system!

Logan's being a fussy-fuss at night lately. Hopefully it's just teething and/or weather issues! It was in the 60's on Sunday and yesterday, dropped to the 30s overnight last night, and is in the 70s today and will be climbing into the 80s for the rest of the week! Grrr!! I have a love/hate relationship with New England weather! Actually, with any weather! Smile LOL

DH is still on the hunt...I tell people I'll start getting really concerned come Nov/Dec, but to be perfectly honest, I'm scared now! What if he doesn't find another job before the severance runs out!?!? Our mortgage payment is almost one full paycheck for him now! (He gets paid every 2 weeks) We've been talking about what we can cut out, and there's not a lot that we haven't already cut down on! The kids summer programs are paid for with their birthday/hannukah money so that's not affected, but that doesn't pay the other bills! I'm just scared....more than I'm letting on! He's applied for more jobs than I can count and nothing pans out! When is he (and we) going to catch a break? As much as I'd hate to walk away from his severance package, I'd leave it in a heartbeat for him to find a full-time job right now! Ok - vent/ramble done once again!

Thanks for listening! You guys are the best!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Tue May 19, 2009 5:54 pm

I’ve seen Nurse Jessica’s posts on MySpace about the new baby 
Joy if you take it to a safe kid’s coalition thing they will provide you a new car seat as long as you have the old one and tell them its six years old.. Otherwise wic will help you get one for like 25 bucks but plastic is brittle and after four years it is not considered safe in most situations as a protection device.. http://www.safekids.org/ is there website and it’s a pretty nice car seat that they provide.
Nurse Jessica under start accessories, accessibility, magnifier that magnifier you can place on your screen over what you want to see also ctrl button and up wheel up will enlarge the text on your screen without actually enlarging your output font. Yeah I hate it when he is away but after the first few days I kind of like it. I get into a rhythm and enjoy it … besides when he’s home he’s not really home he’s off with the guys or going for a run or doing this or doing that. He’s helpful when he’s home but nothing is ever set in stone about when he’s home. It’s just nice to have the solid knowing what’s next when he’s gone..
Congrats on the baby! Sorry I didn’t say it before

Shannon
Yeah I totally get that DH came home from a four day weekend drinking hanging out grilling breakfast at 3 am (really dinner they had just got home) and all sorts of stuff to tell me he’s “pooped” and “just needs to sleep it off” I’m going wtf man I’ve been waking up six am nurse feed baby cereal, and bananas
Scrap the bananas and cheerios off baby and, go to gym where I play peek a boo for 45 min while I attempt to get the “unattractive weight” off. Come home nurse then feed the baby cheerios cereal and squash scrap him off again usually change clothes is required. Put him down for a nap at which point I have two hours to do dishes laundry and start dinner. He wakes up I nurse him play with him finish dinner eat feed him, total bath lotion jammys nurse bed and then I get a shower for the first time I get to do dishes oh yhay and its bed time..
Course DH just got a call and ran off to play Frisbee with some guy friends and I’m left after four days of none stop baby holding a baby again feeling pretty overwhelmed but only a few more hours till bed time right?
That’s as far as I can go kits screaming and I’ll come back later to read stuff and there well be about 5k more posts to read lol
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Tue May 19, 2009 7:13 pm

diana- that is a hard decision to make good for you. keep us posted on teh surgery and how it goes adn so on.

jessi-sorry your hubby is being so insensitive he needs to give you a break!

AFM my birthday is may 24th this sunday, my daughters is may 31 next sunday we have a party on the 30th at build a bear daniel has cut his 3rd tooth thank goodness after chewing up everything, and david my unpotty trained three yr old had a good day the best ever of potty trainning!!! so good day

I finished my math final today i am done with math forever no more math classes for my degree, i have to write a 1500 word paper on my sexuality (not hard) and then i am done this week adn start my last class abnormal psychology next week for 9 weeks then i have my associates. then a month off and i start my criminal justice bachelors work and that will be done in sept 2011. but i feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders with this math class. ug who would of thought mth after a 10 year break would be so hard?!?!?!?!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Tue May 19, 2009 8:48 pm

Diana- Just wanted to let you know that I had a PICC line while I was preggo and had my pneumonia last summer...Any questions I can answer about it let me know...My thoughts and prayers will be with you and Aubrey...How did you convince your DH to get the big V?

Eileen-Woohoo!!! Way to go! Almost there! You're in the homestretch!

Jessi- Yea seriously! Men drive me nuts sometimes! I went down to pick up ODS at school and when we pulled in the driveway I could hear Lucas screaming at the top of his lungs.I ran in the house and DH was sitting in the chair asleep with Lucas sitting on the floor screaming like not even a foot away.Seriously?!How do you not hear that?!

Elise- I'm right there with you wondering about when my own DH is going to get a job...We've cut down almost everything..We've even hung a clothes line to cut out using the dryer to save on electricity...We have applied for food stamps, WIC and heap...sigh...

Amy- Go Nate go!!! Now lets keep those little ears healthy for a few days! Poor kid, my cousin had alot of ear infections but eventually outgrew them, maybe he's outgrowing his, will keep my fingers crossed. So what fun and wonderful things will you be doing on the rest of your wek off?

MichelleL- Hey woman how're you doing today?

AFM: Not much new here...Still getting resumes out and thats about it...
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed May 20, 2009 10:13 am

Good morning,

Elise, I almost forgot about the strap....and I bet DH has too. He's going to have to dig his out or go buy a new one.
I know the job thing is scary. I too am trying to figure out what we can cut out. Right now DH is still getting severence for another 2 months but his new job is just something to carry him over while he finishes school 12 more months. It pays almost $10/hr LESS than the job he lost but it was a job and they were willing to give him the experience he needs in industrial maintenance before being certified.
It's very hard to not let it consume you. I KNOW this is easier said than done but TRY to remember that you have to stay healthy and sane for your family and you can't make yourself sick physically or mentally over something you have no control.
What field is your husband in?
I'll stop rambling now!!! You can tell me to shut up anytime.

Jessi, Take a deep breath but you have every right to be upset.
I am fortunate that my Dh will help with anything but many times I have to ask and I don't want to ask I want him to take the initiative himself. I feel bad b/c he works f/t and goes to school 4 nights a week and I work p/t but then I think WAIT....I have a 24/7 job going on here why the H do I feel guilty. It's the momma thing, we just take on everything including DH's.

Shannon, I really didn't have to do any convincing. He had heard himself that it's much easier on the man so he was more than willing. For him to know he can walk in the office and walk out and go back to work on Monday was about all it took.
Good luck on the job search. Something will come.

Eileen, In case I forget Thurs or Fr...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! That's awesome that a summer class and you'll have your associates. I had just started to work on mine when I found out I was prego so I went spring/summer 2008 but I haven't gone back b/c DH needed to right now. I will eventually or at least work on getting my generals finished online. My last class was my fav, human sexuality, it was a summer online crash 6 wk course and I so wish I wouldn't have taken it in the classroom b/c it was so interesting.
Good luck with your paper.

AFM:not much new since yesterday.....just wanted to pop in before I really started working this morn but i better get to it.

hey to all mommas.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Wed May 20, 2009 11:14 am

Hey Ladies,
It's been hectic lately! Maddie's christening is this weekend and there are about 80 people coming! We have big families and only invited fam. and close friends. We did not expect so many people to say yes b/c of Memorial Day weekend. So, I've been running around trying to tie loose ends while working full time. It's been rough! Dh has been focusing on paving the sand part of our driveway and it is consuming him right now. I'm so freakin tired! We're having a picnic at our house and some of my cousins have not seen the house yet so I'm trying to make sure everything looks perfect!

Elise- I'm keeping your family in my prayers that Dh finds a job!

Diana- I bet you'll feel so much better when this first surgery is done! Aubrey will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Eileen- Yay for almost done with your Associates! That is awesome! Happy Birthday in case I'm not on again in the next couple of days! Thanks for the prayers for my grandpa!

Shannon- I'm praying for your family too, I hope a job comes soon!

Jessi- Sorry Dh isn't thinking about your needs lately! Sometimes guys need a good kick in the you know what to get them thinking!

Michelle- I can't remember if I've posted or not but I'm so glad that things looked good and I'll keep you in my prayers for the rest! Hope you're feeling better.

Whew! That's a lot of praying! Don't worry ladies, things will work out. I've been praying a lot for my grandpa, so I'll be sure to add you all in there!
Have a great day!
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Wed May 20, 2009 1:04 pm

Diana - That is great that the sitter will hold a spot for Aubrey for no charge. You dont find that often. Did you guys have fun at the outdoor concert? Pictures in the do-rag? Here's to everything going flawlessly for your DH on Friday.

Elise - Hang in there girl. I hope something comes for your DH really soon. It's so hard out there right now. We are cutting as much as we can too. I am glad your kids summer activities are taken care of. I hope everything comes together soon.

Jessi - I am so sorry you are going through all of that with your DH. I must say you are way more patient than I am.

Eileen - Happy Birthday! I probably wont be on after today until Monday or Tuesday so I didnt want to miss it. Yeah for no more Math! Congrats on getting that much closer to your degree.

Shannon - Seriously? Your DH was sleeping with the baby screaming? Let the ass whoopin commence! LOL!
We are headed to San Antonio for the weekend. It will be our first car trip with Nate. DH, my mom and I are taking Nate to meet his Great Grandmother for the first time. It should be a fun (hopefully) weekend. We are also stopping Austin to say hi to my brother since it is on the way.

Kristen - It sounds like you have a big weekened ahead! I am sure everything will be great. Try not to panic or run yourself ragged. Party On!

MichelleL - How are you Mamma?

I hope everyone else is doing well.

AFM - Well today is my last day of work before going on vacation. We have so much to do. Tomorrow we will take Nate to daycare and then cart the doggies off to camp and come back and pack everything in the house into my car. Wink I am so swamped here at work today. I have to get all my loose ends tied up before leaving. There are so many of them! This is pretty much my lunch I ate a piece of pizza from monday's meeting and wrote this. Then I will be back to it. We have been walking every evening and it has been great. Its like I am starting to feel my old self again. DH and Nate are loving it too. I took a picture of Nate last night and I will have to post it. He is so cute and gets tickled when we walk out the door and he is in his stroller. He giggles with delight. I guess that is about it for now. If I am unable to get back on I hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend. Think of me stuck in traffic on 35 between Dallas and San Antonio on Friday and again on Monday!

Oh I forgot to mention that the tree in my front yard died. It is a huge 15-20 ft tall ash tree with a 3-4ft diameter trunk. It is massive. We have to have it removed before it falls during the next big storm or something. So its going to cost us $800 to have it cut down and removed and then $180 for them to grind the stump down. I WAS NOT PREPARED FOR THIS EXPENSE! Anyone just have an extra $1000 laying around? Good Grief! Then since it is the only tree we have we are going to have to plant another one when we can afford to. We just cant plant it on the same side of the yard becuase the root system was so extensive on this tree it took up the whole side yard. Grrrr....
Ok Complaining over.

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Wed May 20, 2009 4:10 pm

Holy Moly! I miss a few days and look what happens.....the board is popping with news! Bare with me as I attempt personals!

Diana - June 4th sounds like a perfect day to get things "flowing" for little Miss Aubrey! I am sorry her procedures can not be performed simutaneously but I am happy her malrotation surgery is so soon! This will change her life! I don't remember if I told you that we opted for a central line and pain pump. No needles and no waiting for pain meds. Anyway, your little girl is never far from my thoughts and I know with all of my heart she is going to sail thru this.

Amy - $800???? Holy Shit. Who would have thought a dang tree could cause so much of a hassle??!! On a better note...HAVE A GREAT VACATION! Nate will probably sleep the entire way! :-)

Kristen - Sounds like you have an action packed weekend! Make sure to post pics of Maddie in her precious little dress!

Shannon - I hope your DH finds a job soon. Luckily this is a busy time of year in his line of work....hopefully something will come soon. He could always teach classes on how to grow tomatoes if all else fails... LOL!

Eileen - Yeah on NO MORE math class! I love math but not math class! LOL! One more step closer to your degree....congrats!!

Jesse - That man of yours needs a serious nut kick. What really sucks is it's not even worth trying to teach him a lesson because it sounds like he will only cooperate for a few days and then you'll be back at square one. Yep.....a nut kick is in order.

Elise - It sounds like your weather is crazier than ours....which is unbelievable! LOL! I keep thinking that the reason your DH hasn't gotten a good offer yet is because the job he is meant to have is still out there...wavering in the wind. My prayer is that the perfect job falls from the sky in the next couple of weeks. You need some pressure off....and I'm sure he does too.

Kim - your post isn't on this page so I am at a blank! But I know you are working and running around. Didn't ya'll hit the zoo recently? I've been a bad friend and haven't voted for your girls every day....I am so sorry. I do hope they win! They are so freakin' cute!

Joy - I don't see your post either. Atleast not on this page. I hope all is well with you.

Jessica - Did you say Chloe is crawling?? I swear I read that....or dreamed I read it....or something.

AFM - Monday was my whirlwind day, Tuesday I did catering and then took Dawson out of school at noon and met a friend at Chick-fil-a so our kids could play and we could relax. It was a nice afternoon and a shock to Dawson! He was so happy and excited! LOL! Brenden was flirting with one of the 20 something girls that worked there....he even kissed her...well....more like licked her cheek. It was hilarious! He even wanted her to pick him up. She was a cutie and so sweet! She kept refilling my tea for me! Today was another day of catering and now I have to catch up on house cleaning and laundry. I usually do that on Monday but I was pretty worthless that day. My woohoo hurt well into the night. As a matter of fact I am still spotting and cramping just a little. DH and Dawson have diamond club seats at the Astros game tonight. If any of ya'll get a chance to turn the channel they are going to be behind homeplate just to the left. Very visable to the cameras. I am recording it so Dawson can see himself. Last time they had diamond club seats he came home sicker than a dog.....he had like 3 things of cotton candy, a couple bags of peanuts and I don't even wanna know how many hotdogs. I hope he learned his lesson cause I am in no mood to clean vomit! LOL! Anyway, he got a commended score on his TAKS math testing (you know the state testing all the school districts require)and he is so proud! I was thrilled for him when he told me yesterday! I've got to come up with something special for him. This was his first year taking the TAKS test and they really put a lot of pressure on these little kids....even 3rd graders. Well, I'm off to switch the laundry! Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers during this time in my life. I'm not as anxious as I was but still have the little voice in the back of my head that keeps the word cancer alive. I'd just love to knock that little fucker out.... Have a wonderful Wednesday ladies!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by nursejessicadavis Wed May 20, 2009 8:34 pm

Evening Ladies. I have been slacking for a couple of days. I will try and catch up.

Diana- I hope all goes well with her surgery. My DS’s intestines twisted twice before he was 6 months old and have to have the surgery. We were in the hospital 6 days the first time and 5 days the second time. He was in a lot of pain. They had regular Ivs in him the first time that kept blowing and they ended up putting on in his head. I have pictures that I need to find and I can post some for ya. Especially of his scar that they said wouldn’t scar. The second time he had a central line in his chest that worked so much better. His pain was managed better and everything was just better the second time around.
He had to be able to have a bowel movement and take the bottle before he got to go home. So that’s great if they are all ready talking about a PICC line or some kind of better access.
Yay for the DH getting surgery. Get him to talk my DH into it after the next one!!

Elise- I hope your DH has good luck with the job hunting.

Jessi- I’m sorry your DH is being a jacka**. I will try to enlarge my screen in a moment. I need to make the appt to get my glasses, I just don’t want to shell out the money.

Eileen- happy birthday early! Because I know I will forget before then! Lol

Michelle- Yeah she’s crawling. Only a small ways then she falls back down to the army crawl she has been doing for a month now. She gets frustrated real easily. YAY for the great baseball seats. I still have you in my prayers!!

AFM- I have been so sick today. I am hurting in my upper abdomen and its awful. It hurts worse if I am sitting up or standing. The pain goes away when I lay down. It hurts so bad it makes me nauseous. I haven’t ate hardly anything cause I hurt so much. If I am still hurting tomorrow I will call the doctor. I don’t know if its where she’s settling into my ribs or I am getting eclampsia. I really hope it’s not the last one because it’s way to early for that. I usually only get that way in late pregnancy.

As I was talking to Diana in this post about DS’s surgery, I realized how much I actually miss being a nurse. I mean staying at home with the kids is great, I just can’t wait until I have this baby and go back to work!!!!

Funny moment of the day. Chloe was in her walker bumping into the couch as I laid on it, Elmo came on sesame street she flipped the walker around and went running up to the tv. She “talked” to the tv the whole time he was on there. It was so funny.
nursejessicadavis
nursejessicadavis

http://www.myspace.com/fairybitch4life

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Thu May 21, 2009 8:50 am

Michelle, you did tell me or I would have never even considering asking about it.
Wow, you didn't miss a beat after that procedure, did u??? Take care of yourself.

Shannon, Aubrey had a PICC line when she was in the NICU b/c she was such a hard stick and it blew within 48hrs and they had shaved the side of her head!!!

Kristen, thanks for the prayers!! We'll take them all. I hope all goes well with the christening this weekend.

Amy, I know I probably missed u but I hope u have a great vacation.

Jessica, I hope u'r feeling better.

AFM: RANT WARNING....
I have 2 very close friends. We've all worked together for 20+ years. The one and I were really close, u didn't see one w/o the other. Even after I met Steve, he worked nights so we did all our running around. When she got married, to a guy we work with, they made her quit her job b/c she was h/r. B/c of her personality me and the other BF figured she would distance herself and we always said if I get prego she would. She's just not a kid person. She has one daughter who's actually prego now but she wasn't much of a nuturer. When I got prego she was all over me, we were shocked. She was at the hospital when Aubrey was born and visited her several times in the NICU. Well, I haven't seen her and barely spoke to her since December. She's only seen Aubrey 1x since she's been home (6months) and that was b/c I invited both of the BF's over before we went out for our Christmas celebration. I would email pictures, never an acknowledgment, so I stopped. When Aubrey's surgery was scheduled I included her on the email b/c I just couldn't not tell her and now she's all over me again. She instantly IM'd me saying 'I HAD NO IDEA' and I wanted to say 'NO SHIT'...but i didn't, of course. Now she wants to visit Aubrey and is coming today to my house and I have absolutely no desire to make the effort for her. I know she will want to come to the hospital and act like the doting BF in front of my family and I just don't have the energy. I don't even know what we'll talk about today we've been so distant.
Anyway, that's my dilema for today.....hope u ladies all have a great day!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari7779 Thu May 21, 2009 2:24 pm

hi everyone, it took me forever to find this site since i didnt have it saved on my home computer only on the computer at my last work place. But i finally found you ladies. Well i started me new job and it has been ok, just in and out of trainings. the job itself is so basic and i cant wait till my probation is over so ican apply for another position. the best part is it is part time.

nothing new for us just planning on a camping trip this weekend with the twins. well sorry for making this short but haev to get lunch ready for the babies before i leave for work.

have a great weekend everyone
Mari7779
Mari7779

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Thu May 21, 2009 3:52 pm

Jessica - I hope you are feeling better. Please post how it's going today.

Diana- It's just amazing how many "friends" come out of the woodwork to make themselves look good and how many hide like crazy so they don't have to "do anything". I encountered that when Dawson was born and again when I opened my shop. It's called DELETE.....sometimes you just have to DELETE people from your life. Friendship is suppose to enhance your life not make it harder.

Maribel - Good to see you! The twins look great in your profile pic! Glad you found us again! Hope you get to check in more often.

AFM - Today was the last day of catering this week. Thank God. Brenden is working on getting his eye teeth in and he's had enough. Poor guy. I made spaghetti and meatballs for the cater today....Brenden has never seen spaghetti and meatballs and he nearly flipped out of his high chair when I was transferring them to the foil pans! Anyway, I saved him some and when we got back I gave him a bowl with finely chopped spaghetti (very little sauce) and mashed meatballs. You would think I had given him crack. He was so happy and screaming with delight! He ate ALL of it then passed out cold. He's been asleep almost 3 hours. LOL! Tony and Dawson had a great time at the game last night but at 9:30 the back door opened and here the come walking in. I kept checking the game so I could see them and I thought they had been away from their seats awhile...well...guess what? They BOTH ate so much they had stomach aches and had to leave. When I asked Tony what they had he's like "not that much". Cheese enchilades, fajitas, chicken quesadillas, sausages, a couple hot dogs, cotton candy (which Dawson walked in with two bags of), peanuts, popcorn and starburst. And then he goes "I guess that sounds like alot"......I'm like "ya' think??". Geesh! And they wonder why they got sick. Anyway, I must get back to cleaning my house. I didn't have enough time to finish yesterday. All I have left is dusting and mop the kitchen floor. And 2 loads of laundry. Not too much. I hope ya'll have a great weekend. Dawson's has field day at school tomorrow so I will be gone most of the day! Later emomma's.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Fri May 22, 2009 4:12 am

Don't have much time here at work but:

MichelleL glad to hear the test went okay and that Brendan likes meatballs...lol

Nurse Jessica- I missed work of course now I am hating it again but ohwell it is a love hate thing.

Maribel- can't believe you want to go camping you are much braver then I!

Diana- sounds like your friend might just be busy? Who knows see how it goes and then you can distance yourself if you choose. Good luck!

AFM things are status quo I guess. Trucking along and same issues still there not worse or better so can’t complain. my birthday is sunday and thank you for the well wishes! hopefully me adn hubby will go otu to dinner with out kiddos that will be nice. hope everyone ahs a great ngiht and morning!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Fri May 22, 2009 8:36 am

Morning ladies,

Michelle, OMG!!!! I think my stomach hurt just hearing all of it.
That is funny Brenden likes spaghetti. Aubrey is becoming so curious about everything we're eating. I try to give her a taste of anything I can...I just wish she had a couple teeth.

Hi Maribel, glad things are going well.

Eileen, thanks for being optomistic, sometimes it's hard when u'r on the receiving end. Have a great day Sunday!!!

Hey to all the other emomma's.

Well, the visit was fine. It just bugs me b/c everything has always been on her terms and it didn't bother me when it was silly things but I don't have the time for that now. And, she's 50, grow up!

I'm sure I'll be checking in b/c we won't be doing much with DH laid up.
I'm off to feed Aubrey her breakfast, we are going to see the new sitter today and then to DH's appt.

Have a great/safe holiday weekend!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Fri May 22, 2009 8:50 am

Hey there ladies, I was on my days off so that is why I was MIA the last couple of days.

Diana- that would drive me insane, I think what Michelle said was spot on though. I am glad you had a nice visit.

Maribel- so great to see the kids, have fun camping this weekend!!!!

Amy- I hope you have a great weekend.

AFM- I will be working all weekend! Yea for me...not! Today is my double day and I have a feeling it is really going to suck as it is the start of tourist season around here. So we don't really have plans for this weekend...we may go to the parade on Monday but that is about it.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by nursejessicadavis Fri May 22, 2009 1:38 pm

Hi Ladies.

Michelle- I'm doing ok. Just sore. I have no clue what was going on. I mean that was some awful pain. But now it's just really sore like I have been doing crunches for two days straight! My docs have me so paranoid about my b/p and eclampsia. I don't know why they worry b/c my b/p doesn't really shoot up until the last two weeks of pregnancy.
I thought she might be settling into my ribs like Chloe did,but she's still kinda in the middle and kicks the bottom of my belly ALL the time!!! It's like someone is playing soccer in there constantly. She needs to turn her butt around before the due date, or we are pushing feet first!!

That's all from this end ladies, I am off the lay down. Chloe is taking a nap and I am taking advantage of it!!! Hope ya'll have a great and SAFE weekend!
nursejessicadavis
nursejessicadavis

http://www.myspace.com/fairybitch4life

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Fri May 22, 2009 1:40 pm

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Memorial Day weekend! Hope everyone has a great time!

I'd post more, but I'm just not in a very good place right now.....hopefully things will get better soon.....
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Sat May 23, 2009 1:36 pm

Kim - I hope you get some rest!

Jessica - I was sore like that a lot when I was preggers with Dawson. He was really active and I think he bruised me at times. Hopefully you won't experience that pain again....

Elise - I hope whatever has got you down turns around! Maybe you'll have some fabulous weather and a good weekend! ;-)

AFM - Field Day was a blast but very tiring! Brenden slept the ENTIRE time and then came home and slept for 2 hours. Guess he was tired from waking up so much at night the little turd. We went this morning and bought a convertible car seat. He is sitting in the living room watching tennis in it right now. LOL! He must like it! LOL! He looks far more comfortable! I am going for lazer hair removal this afternoon. I am soooooooo excited and scared! A friend of mine works at a lazer place and when I told her I suffer from PCOS she knew all about the unwanted facial hair and offered to do this for me for a HUGE discount. Today would normally cost about $400 but I am getting it for $68! I'll have to have it done every 4 to 5 weeks until it quits growing but it's better than having to deal with it on a daily basis. Unwanted facial hair is so embarressing. My husband has not touched my face in years.....if he tried I'd yell at him. I've been dealing with this since I was 19....nearly 1/2 my life! I can't believe my friend does this for a living and offered to help me out! I am certain this will change my life! I wanted to ask ya'll if anyone else is still having a problem with hair loss. You know after you give birth and go off the vitamins you can have substantial hair loss....well the hair on my head (the hair I want! LOL!) is falling out like crazy! I have to sweep the floor after I do my hair in the morning! I'm got some vitamins and I'm going to get it cut much shorter this week but I don't know if maybe there is something else I can do before I look like an old man. I'm off to my appointment....GOOD BYE FACIAL HAIR!!!!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Sat May 23, 2009 2:51 pm

Elise- Hope things turn around for you and get better for you!

MichelleL- Later facial hair!! Always wanted to have it done...Never had the money...Let me know how it goes...Just got some tomatoes, avoiding miracle grow...lol

AFM: Have a headache, found an ex on facebook, ODS has strep throat and Lucas is cutting his second tooth. Thats how my week has been...
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Sat May 23, 2009 2:52 pm

Oh yea but Happy Memorial Day!!! Be Safe!!!!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sun May 24, 2009 2:10 am

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Sun May 24, 2009 5:47 am

Happy Birthday Eileen!

Michelle-what a nice thing to be able to get done for yourself, and what a great discount. I only have a tad over my lip and I get it waxed off...hurts like a bitch.

AFM- I cam in to work for 5am this morning and have to work till 3pm, one of the guys I work with called out last night on a holiday weekend, nice hunh, and the other kid got held for the shift so I came in a couple of hours early for him...he has to come back in at three pm to relieve me and honestly I didn't want him calling out on me so it was easier to just come in and help him out...but I am so freaking tired! Today is the last day to vote for the kiddo's at www.thewesterlysun.com so get your votes in.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Sun May 24, 2009 9:01 am

Happy Birthday Eileen!!!!

Kim - It sucks when people call in! Sorry you're at work....

Shannon - Good choice on the Miracle Grow....you'll never forget what it really does to tomatoes! LOL!

AFM - Got my lazer hair removal done yesterday. It didn't take long at all especially considering how much area she had to cover. Okay....I've waxed my eyebrows and upper lip for YEARS and as Kim said, it hurts like a bitch but can I just say lazer removal hurts WORSE!!!! My face swelled up and got little bumps everywhere and she had to put witch hazel and cold packs on me! I was thinking "this is fantastic....I am not walking out of here like this" but it went down in a few minutes and once I applied my makeup it just looked like a sunburn....went nicely with the one on my neck from Field Day! LOL! PCOS does many nasty things to your body but, for me, the facial hair is the worst and most embarressing. So now I have to wait for these dead hairs to actually fall out and then she's going to do treatments every 4 weeks atleast 6 times and hopefully it will be gone. She said I might have to come in every 4 - 6 months because the PCOS is just going to keep creating male hair growth patterns but much of what I have will not be coming back! I am soooooooooooooo excited! Okay, enough about nasty facial hair! I just don't have anyone to share this with. Can't talk to DH about it (too embarressed) and no one besides my mom knows that I have had to deal with this. Thanks for sharing my enthusiasm!!!!!!! Hope ya'll have a great rest of the weekend! I'm off to make waffles and bacon and then we are gettin' in the pool!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Sun May 24, 2009 9:47 pm

Eileen- Happy Birthday!!! Hope you had a great day!Hey do you know anything about civil officers? And do you have to take the civil service exam before you apply for the job or after?Not sure how the whole thing works...But am looking into the criminal justice field right now...

MichelleL- So I re-planted my tomatoes and DH and I had a comical moment...I was down in the garage looking for something and when I was walking back up I saw him sprinkling Miracle Grow on them...I started running and sreaming "NO!!!!" and he just stared at me and dropped the hose...Sigh we shall see if they survive...LOL

AFM: Well Lucas is working on his second tooth now..He also is trying to imitate everything...He's soooo close to crawling!!! So far everyone here is healthy(KNOCK ON WOOD!!!!) and I hope it stays that way...Am finally getting my first AF after having Lucas, so that's lots of fun..Had a barbeque with some friends today..It was fun until everyone started talking about taking vacations and Mary reminded me about this get together next weekend that's going to cost $30. Well it started to depress me ALOT!!! I know we won't be in this situation forever but right now things are pretty crappy..I try to put on a happy face because my oldest has been asking if me or DH got a job or if we were going to be homeless...It broke my heart...So anyway thats all for now....Later e-mommas! Have a good day tomorrow!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum