Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayflowers or May Flowers???

+8
ladydy
tweetie462
eileen bauer
PolloLoco75
nursejessicadavis
Kim
MichelleL
mythreesons
12 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Mayflowers or May Flowers??? - Page 4 Empty Re: Mayflowers or May Flowers???

Post by MichelleL Mon May 11, 2009 8:02 am

Eileen - I have no advice for BF. Honestly, I have never wanted to do it....I know to some it might sound crazy, but I just never had any desire. I hope you hubby comes around about the cleaning service....once he sees how great it is he'll probably be glad he saw the light! LOL!

Elise - I hope you got your chores done the other day!!! Funny when men get on the computer and back up the day but heaven forbid if we do.... LOL!

Shannon - Not much going on yet with the "medical stuff". I have an endimetrial biopsy next Monday. I am hoping she can look at the sample right then and there but I don't know. I looked up the signs of endemetrial cancer and I fit all the signs except one. If all they have to do is take out my uterus and right ovary and tube I'm good. I have lots of breathing taking pain on the right side as it is..... It was good talking with you the other day too! Just wait until you go to the store and see all the tomatoes sitting there! You'll think twice about which ones you're gonna buy! LOLOLOL!

Amy - Yes! I will be in Dallas for 2 days in July! The 23rd and 24th! We definately have to hook up! I hope work slows down for you so you can take a breath! Also, we've put the bouncy up also....Brenden made it lay completely flat because he's so heavy. We are about to put the swing up too. It doesn't even move with him in it....

Jessica - I hate waking in the middle of the night like that....It's so hard to get back to sleep!

Kim - Definately voting today for your girls! Sometimes I wish I had a girl....

Kristen - Voting for Maddie too!!! How exciting!

Joy - We have never had any problems with these neighbors! DH and I suspect the dad wasn't home. He has lived in that house for about 10 years but got married 3 years ago to a lady with 4 kids ranging from teenager to 2 year old twin boys that they had together. Angelo has always been a GREAT neighbor even when he throws parties! We've NEVER had this happen! It's totally against the by-laws in our home owner's association. I'm going over there today when he gets off work and talking to him. His wife drove past my house while I was sitting outside yesterday and flipped me off! *shock* Her teenage daughter was with her.....what a great lesson to teach a child....have a loud party where the cops have to be called, keep turning up the music and disturbing all of the neighbors (several which are elderly and one with cancer), and then flip off the neighbor for being upset her kids couldn't sleep.....what a bitch. Sorry to hear Elijah might have to have surgery, but atleast they can correct the issue and he will sleep so much better! Poor Kiddo!

AFM - This is another late week for DH. Luckily I don't have any catering....I'm tired! Brenden's top teeth have broke thru the gums, all they have to do now is move down and he'll have four teeth! I must say the top two were far worse than the bottom two that came in.....he's taken a lot of motrin over the last week! Not doing much today except picking up and spot cleaning and probably a few loads of laundry. Brenden's sleeping schedule is way off so I've got to get that back on track. Anyone else experience a non-napping baby every weekend? Maybe he's just glad everyone is home and doesn't wanna miss everything..... even though we do absolutely NOTHING when he is asleep! LOL! Anyway, we went to Olive Garden for lunch yesterday, SO GOOD, and then just hung out at home. I watched the movie Fireproof....a little corny acting but a fantastic meaning! Hope ya'll have a wonderful Monday!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon May 11, 2009 9:25 am

Morning Ladies!

MichelleL - yeah, we did finally get some stuff done, but never enough! Hopefully everything will go okay at your dr appt! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Joy - If Elijah has to have his tonsils out, I know how you'll feel. Rayna had surgery last year and had her adnoids and tonsils removed and tubes put in her ears. It was a rough week, but so worth it!

Shannon - screw them! if people are going to be nosey and get in your business, and then not like the answers they are given, that's their problem! You guys are doing what you feel is the right thing to do for your family and that is all that matters!

hi everyone else!

AFM: ok - thought i would get this all done before Logan peeped - nope! so this will be very short.....i so wish Logan would go back to sleeping decently at night! I'm hoping it's just teething, but he's been up for the past few nights and only going back to sleep after about an hour of being up! I'm sooooo tired!!! Ok - now i have to go because he's up from his short snooze!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Mon May 11, 2009 10:28 am

I forgot to ask......has anyone elses LO decided to skip the morning nap? I thought the morning nap took place for atleast the first year?????
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon May 11, 2009 11:03 am

Landree still takes her morning nap...McKenna cut it out at about 10mos or so. Landree usually sleeps for an hour from 8-9 and then a 2 hour or more nap at lunch...and occasionaly a 20min cat nap in the evening...they go down for bed for good between 7:30-8pm and sleep until 6am
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon May 11, 2009 11:39 am

Kim - lucky! Jeremy was a horrible napper until the age of 2 (when he started pre-school) and then consistently took a good afternoon nap until Rayna was born. Rayna was in and out the car a lot for her first year so she didn't consistently nap in the morning until she was about a year and a half and then gave that up and went to an afternoon nap when she started pre-school (a month before she was 2). We stopped napping her when Logan was born, but she will still conk out if tired enough. But if she naps during the afternoon, she tends to be up later at night so I try to keep her up and let her go to bed earlier. Logan is a fussy napper. Mostly because he's in and out of the car the entire day! But he's also a horrible night sleeper - right now I think it's because he's teething. He cat naps during the day, unfortunately. Sad

Ok -didn't mean to write a book there, but it happened! Smile

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day. We went for a nice brunch with my parents and my grandmother, then stopped at the grocery store on the way home, and then just hung out at home. It was nice to not be running constantly for a change! And the weather was beautiful! We would have taken the kids outside to play, but I didn't want Rayna to push it - she actually was trying to walk with her foot completely down on Saturday! And I got her these gel inserts and put one in her shoe today, and she was walking with her foot down a bit when I took her to school, so we'll see come this afternoon! Hopefully we're on our way! She goes back to the ortho dr on wed for a recheck. It would nice for her to be putting her foot down! Tomorrow morning I have my wound care appt so they can check my incision....it's actually starting to heal! Whoo hoo! And on Monday I go see the dermatologist, and i'm sure he'll put me on some good meds to help the HS which will help the incision close! Oh - and DH got good news at his checkup - no more kiddos for us! And if there are, lawsuit! Smile

Hope everyone has a great day! Sorry for rambling!! Wink
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon May 11, 2009 12:05 pm

Elise- glad to hear you got a break and were able to just enjoy the day! Oh and I didn't mention in my post that McKenna still naps too...about 1 1/2-2hours each afternoon at the same time Landree does...and when I am home we all nap! LOL
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon May 11, 2009 12:31 pm

Hi Everyone!

Jessica - I am sorry I hate it when I cant sleep. I hope you finally got some.

Kim - I voted today!

MichelleL - We tried to go to the Olive Garden too but it was WAY too packed at 11:30 AM. It was like a 2 hour wait. So we went next door to the Outback and it was only a 30 min wait. What a bummer about the party. I swear when Nate gets to sleep I will kill whatever makes noise LOL! Even if it is me dropping something. I kill me. LOL!
Not regular noises but loud ones - you know what I mean... Ok stopping the ramble ......... NOW.

Shannon - Geesh! That cousin of yours can stick her nose where the sun dont shine. Much better than in your bidness. I have never understood why some people act the way they do. I am sorry to hear your kiddos are getting sick again. Let us know how it goes if you end up (or not) going to the doctor.

Joy - I hope the Dr is able to take care of Elija quickly. The sooner the better from the sounds of it.

Elise - I am so glad you had a nice Mother's day. Nate does still take about 2 naps a day. If its a weekday and he is at day care there is one in the morning for about an 1/2 -1 hour and one in the afternoon for somewhere between 1/2 hour and 2 hours. If he is at home he will take a 2 hour morning nap and a 2-3 hour afternoon nap. I think its to catch up because its noisy at daycare. I am glad Rayna seems to be feeling better with her foot. Here is keeping my fingers crossed for her Doctors appointment and she can put her foo down again!

All other Mammas - Hi I hope you had a great Mother's Day.

AFM - Mother's Day was great even though DH and I accidentally made Nate throw up 3 count em 3 times. Gosh we felt like the worst parents in the world. He isnt even sick! Ok the first time I was opening my gift and it was in a bag with a lot of tissue paper on the top so I threw the tissue in the air over his head and let it fall on him and he laughed and thought it was great. So he took a bite of one of the sheets and I had to reach into his mouth to get the paper out and my finger barely got into his mouth and he threw up everywhere! I felt so bad - but I did get the paper out. Then DH was trying to feed him and fed him too much too fast ( I think this his 2nd time feeding him) and he puked. Then just before bed DH forgot to give him his Zyrtec so I went and got it in a syringe and the taste made him gag and he thew up everywhere. Good times! Normally he takes the Zyrtec in his bottle so he cant really taste it.

Other than that we had a great day and a great weekend eventhought it was really busy. I guess I should go and get to work.

Take Care Ladies!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon May 11, 2009 1:26 pm

Amy - at some point or another, we all feel like the worst parents in the world! but somehow, our kids manage to survive and we learn from our mistakes! and make new ones! Smile LOL At least he wasn't puking because he was sick! Smile Glad you had a great first mother's day!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Mon May 11, 2009 5:14 pm

Hi girls!

Shannon, I don't know this from experience but a GF of mine said that the pay back bankruptcy did not help with the credit. It showed as a bankruptcy and her credit was affected just the same.

Joy, that was a very nice gift, you will cherish forever.

Kim, I'll definitely register and start voting. I can't wait to see the pics.

Elise, I hope Rayna's foot is still better this afternoon. Good luck at your Dr appts.

Michelle, EWWW, neighbors. We live in a very quiet subdivision, I always joke that DH an I lowered the average age to about 70 when we moved in b/c there are so many original owners and it's just now starting to turn around. We have a neighbor next door he's about 25 and he's a DJ on the side. I get so p'd at him and we've had to say something a few times. It's like once a year he has to be reminded to be considerate. He's very polite when he talks to you but he's a rich kid that I think momma bought a house for and you can tell it.

Amy, it's so hard not to feel bad, but try not to. Aubrey has an unbelievably sensative gag reflex and I've made her puke several times and I feel like sh*t. It too is either giving medicine or feeding her.

Hi to anyone I missed...hope u'r day is going good.

AFM:The weekend was ok. Sat morn I did get a dozen roses delivered from Aubrey and DH, that was a nice surprise. The food turned out fine and the party was nice. Yesterday we ran around like crazy so today Aubrey and I were LAZY!!!!! My house is a disaster area and I didn't do one single thing to it today and I don't even care.
I told DH I didn't feel like I had a mother's day b/c we were running and doing stuff for everyone else so this weekend we are laying low, chilling and want to find something the 3 of us can do.

So, i work in the office 2 days a week and my mom babysits one day and DH's the other. I'm seriously considering sending Aubrey to a sitter one day a week and letting the g'mas do an every other week thing. My SIL has a great sitter that she knows personally so Aubrey's twin cousins go there and then the sitter has a lil girl 3 weeks younger than Aubrey. When I see Aubrey with the twins I just feel like she needs the interaction with the other kids, she loves to watch them and touch them.....I know my mom will be crushed but I think it's best for Aubrey.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by nursejessicadavis Mon May 11, 2009 7:57 pm

Hi ladies. I am going to try and hit a few personals. My glasses got broke on Friday and they can’t fix them! So while I wait to save up to buy more, I am almost blind! Lol. It’s not that bad, I just have to sit on top of the monitor and hope for the best!

Shannon- I am sorry you are going through to much right now. You need to shut out those bad people from your life. You have enough going on!

Michelle- I would have reacted the same way with the neighbors. I flip out on people that call the house and wake us up! Lol. We live in the country so I don’t have to worry about people partying too loud. Just noisy ass neighbors who think they own the whole town because of their last name…I could write a book on those people! I haven’t been sleeping worth a flip. I don’t know what’s going on with it. My dh stays up with me, so that’s pretty good I guess. But then we both aren’t worth a dang the next day.
Chloe doesn’t get out of the bed until like 10-11 so that eliminates the morning nap. She does nap around 3-4pm.

Amy- Thanks. I think I have slept about 5 hours total in 3 days. I guess I’m going crazy. I think I would have gone crazy with a puking baby three times in one day.

Anyone else I missed, I’m sorry, the eyes are blurring!

AFM- well let’s see on my lovely Mother’s Day, my ds thought he was a race car driver and was spinning circles in the yard with her go-kart and knocked into his gas can and gas flew all in his helmet and in his eyes. So that was fun washing his eyes out all last night!
We got home today from the doctor and I laid miss chloe down on the floor. I forgot DH & DS had an oreo pack down there they were eating on last night and I hadn’t had the time to get it up! So, Chloe finds it and just helps herself to one! I just let her have it. So now she’s good and wide open!
Here’s a few pics of her enjoying the oreo! Lol

https://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e220/jesscena/2009%20Chloe/

Then we had our repeat ultrasound today and everything measured great. Baby is still a girl and cooperated this time!! So baby is healthy and looks great. If you wanna check out some ultrasound pics I have included them.

https://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e220/jesscena/baby%203%20ultrasounds/

That’s all folks.
nursejessicadavis
nursejessicadavis

http://www.myspace.com/fairybitch4life

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue May 12, 2009 3:16 pm

Hi Everyone,

Ok so I came here this morning to post and I did personals and the whole bit and the sight couldnt post my stuff and so it got erased. Then I tried to post something else and that was also erased so I gave up. Now I am back and going to try again hopefully this works...

Diana - Your mom might be a little hurt but the socialization for Aubrey will be great. It can also help physically as well as socially. Babies love babies and kids love kids. I say go for it and see how it goes.

Jessica - I so would have freaked out with the gasoline in the eyes. Being a nurse seems to be a great vocation for a mom with boys! LOL! I am going to have to get me some skills! Chloe looks like she enjoyed her oreo! Did she go crazy on a sugar high? Oh and your sono pics are great!

All you other busy Mommas out there I hope you are doing great.

AFM - Well Nate seems to be back to sleeping through the night. Knocking on all the wood in my office as we speak! His tooth broke through and seems to made its way in to where it isnt killing him any more. We have had 2 full nights of sleep. Here is hoping we have a couple more before the next tooth comes in.
Tonight DH and I are going out to see the Star Trek movie. He is so geeked out and cant wait to go. My mom is comming over for some Grammie time tonight and her and Nate are going to party hardy.
Our big party we were going to this weekend out of town was cancelled due to weather so my mom is still going to come and baby sit but DH and I are going out on a date night. Dinner, drinks something else - the whole works. I am really excited.
Oh and I have a question. I have been trying to buy a couple shirts for summer for the past few weeks. Where are all the cute clothes? I have gone to LB, Avenue, Kohls, Target you name it and NOTHING. It is killing me cuz last year we were pregnant and in maternity clothes during the summer. So if you all know where a girl can find something that doesnt either make her look like a hoochie mamma or an 85 year old floridian retiree let me know!

I guess that is it for now and I should get back to work.

Take Care Ladies!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue May 12, 2009 4:00 pm

Amy - my DH would be so jealous! He is a big-time Star Trek fan and I don't like those movies! But I told him if he had ever found a babysitter (other than my parents), I would have gone with him just to be with him! He thought he would be able to talk me into him going by himself to a showing of it...I was like "NO WAY are you leaving me home with all 3 kids just to go to a movie!"

Shannon - how is everyone and everything?

Jessica - hope you can get your glasses fixed soon!

Hi to everyone else!

AFM: I had my Wound care appt today - it's not worse, but not better. So, since I'm not nursing anymore she put me on some antibotics, so hopefully that will help close this stupid thing already!

Tomorrow Rayna goes to the orthopedist, for hopefully the last time! She's walking, sort of, so I think he'll be happy with her progress, however.........

Ok - children are calling and/or too quiet.....never a good sign.....hope everyone has a great afternoon!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Tue May 12, 2009 6:46 pm

wow so much going on!

michelle sorry about the neighbors!

Elise how is rayna's foot doing?

Kim- i wish i could sleep with all of them!!!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue May 12, 2009 10:03 pm

Eileen - it appears to be better.....she's walking on it at times, but she'll still tell you it hurts. I foresee a trip to a PT in our future....I'll know for sure tomorrow - she goes back to the orthopedist.....
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Wed May 13, 2009 9:21 am

Morning Everyone!

Elise - I hope the Antibiotics do the trick! This sure is a long time to have your incision open. I am glad Rayna is feeling a bit better. Let us know how it goes at the orthopedist today.

AFM - Well I guess I spoke too soon yesterday and didnt knock on enough wood. It was my night last night and Nate got up 6 times! It was like once every hour starting at like 1:30 AM. It was driving me crazy. It was like I could get him back to sleep by rocking then lay him down get in bed fall asleep and he would wake up again. Needless to say I am an exhausted mess today. I dont think he is teething and he is feeling good. I really dont know what was going on with him other than being hungry (I fed him once during that time). I dont know I just hope its not going to happen tonight.
Star Trek was good. With the very small bit of Star Trek knowledge that I have I was able t follow along just fine and actually enjoyed it. A few parts were even really funny. DH is now excited for them to come out with the next one so I guess its good all around.

Thats it for now I am gonig to go and get some more coffee and try to concintrate on numbers all day. Sleep OOps sorry. I fell asleep just thinking about it.

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Wed May 13, 2009 12:03 pm

Amy - It must be in the air because Brenden was up 5 times last night. It was DH's night but I felt so bad I got up with him the last 2 times at 4am and 5am. He, too, was easy to get back to sleep with just a little rocking but he just wouldn't stay there! His top teeth have broke thru, he took a great nap yesterday, and seems to be feeling fine so I don't know what's up! Now there is a freakin' bird flying around in my fireplace and I am so tired..... Hope it gets better all the way around! LOL!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed May 13, 2009 12:08 pm

EWWW, now I'm more annoyed than ever.

Sorry, morning ladies!

I had this big rant written and it blew it away, now I have to get all worked up again.
Yesterday I had a couple checks to write out for a new banister we ordered for our outside steps and a graduation gift so I didn't transfer any money from saving b/c DH was supposed to get direct deposit his last unemployment check today. Well, what do u know, in one of the 50 questions he has to answer to get that big @ss $345 check he must have made a mistake so now he has to write an appeal letter to get his last WHOPPING check. I'm so annoyed with the government....all of them...I don't care donkey or elephant. Now all the news on how SS and Medicare is running out (which we all knew would happen eventually) BUT quit giving u'r money to F-n crooks and bailout the people that have worked their @sses off their whole lives to fund u'r programs.

Sorry.....I can't help myself! Don't mean to offend anyone I'm just having a moment. I'll get over it MAYBE!!

Amy, definitely in the air...Aubrey was up 3 times...2 for nothing that I could figure out 1 to eat.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Wed May 13, 2009 12:35 pm

Hey Ladies,
Only have a minute or two so I thought I'd check in.

Amy and Michelle- Maddie must have talked to Brendan and Nate! She has been waking up again lately and we're so tired we've been bringing her into bed with us. I don't want it to become a habit but there just comes a time when I remember I have 17 kids to look after all day and know I'm going to be wiped, so I give in. Then she sleeps great!!

Diana-I'm so so sorry about the mess up! That really sucks, I don't know why they have to make everything so freakin hard! Also, I don't blame you about the babysitter, socialization will be so nice and good for her! Plus when she gets older, you won't have to worry about her feeling uncomfortable around other adults. Instead of her just be used to being with your mom and you, she'll feel more comfortable around other adults. Hopefully I'm making sense!

Well- I know it's been a few days but I haven't been able to make time to write. So my first Mother's Day was really nice, really busy, but nice. Dh had Maddie give me a card then when I was reading it she had a box in her hand which she didn't want to let go of. It was a pandora bracelet with a heart charm that has her birthstone. Then we went to breakfast, a picnic for lunch, quick stop at the grocery store, and a birthday party. We were wiped out after! Plus we've been beat because my parents have been on a cruise, they don't get back until this Sunday. My MIL is helpful but my mom has a crib and monitor and usually takes Maddie Sat. nights for a sleepover for the last month. My parents love it and Madidie loves her time with them.

Well, I guess I should go teach now!
Talk to you soon!
Hi to the mammas I missed!
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed May 13, 2009 6:35 pm

Kristen-Glad to hear you had a nice Mothers Day! Mine was busy as well but not for fun reasons...

Diana- Don't feel bad for ranting! I'd be upset too! DH can't get unemployment because of his part time job...I hope he gets the money quickly!

MichelleL- Did the bird eat the tomatoes and that's why its flying around in your fireplace?LOL just kidding...Lucas is MISERABLE!!! He's snatching everything and anything he can get ahold of and in the mouth it goes to be furiously gnawed on...

AFM: So I did end up taking Lucas to the doctor and of course its like taking a car in to the mechanic.He was all smiles and no fever and happy as a clam.He weighed in at 19lbs15oz...Now his cough has gotten worse and he's still running off and on fevers but no runny nose whatsoever.It's weird..Poor kid this is really his first true "cold" since all he's had until this point is major illnesses...He's sitting pretty well now and only when he gets distracted does he topple over...Not crawling yet but he can seem to get around pretty well.We have hardwood floors so its tough for him to maneuver anyway...I asked the doctor if since Im looking for work and don't know about a whole lot of pumping if I should start him on formula and still nurse at night.She said nope and to go ahead and start him on whole milk...Seems kinda young to me...Oh yeah is anyones LO's using sippy cups yet? Lucas loves is playtex insulated sippy's.They barely leak even when thrown and the rubber insides don't fall out of the holes!I used them for my older kids so it was convenient to save them....On to the other stuff.We met with the lawyer again and have most of out stuff together to file. There's now a requirement to take a pre-filing class(which can be done online)and we each have to take it.I did it this morning so as soon as DH does his then we will be all set...The problem is that we need his pension right now to survive on and get the stuff we're keeping caught up but if we liquidate it then the creditors and freeze his accounts...Such a mess this all is...I will be glad when its all over....No prospects yet either on the job front...
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by nursejessicadavis Wed May 13, 2009 9:22 pm

Good Evening Ladies.

Still no glasses yet. So bear with me on any typo errors. I’m good to be on here! Lol

Amy- I hope the Star Trek movie was good. My dad is a huge fan and I watched it with him growing up. He was really hurting and I was so freaked out. I just kept washing the poor boy’s eye out for like 20 mins. Chloe was a little wide open with the cookie but not bad. She slept really well that night! Sorry you are so tired!!!! I hope you get some sleep soon!

Elise- I hope Rayna’s foot is feeling better.

Diana- I understand what you are going through. Sometimes they don’t even deposit my unemployment checks until two days after it’s due. They just do it when they feel like it!

Shannon- I hope things getting easier for you and your family. Hopefully once all of this goes through ya’ll can get settled in again! Wow I thought that was early for real milk too.
Chloe has been using her sippy cup for almost two months now. She uses it with meals and during the day. When she wants a nap or it’s bed time she likes the bottle. She never took a pacifier but a few times so I guess that’s how she gets her sucking need out. Austin never took a pacifier either. I wasn’t trying to be one of those moms with a toddler running around with a pacifier in their mouth. She likes to be in control of things, so the sippy cup gives her that control. She uses some Elmo ones I picked up at the dollar store. They don’t have the sippy valve in them so that makes her happy. She has crawled some. She gets frustrated and plops back down. So then she rolls around whenever she needs to go. She has started pulling up on things, like when she's on the couch she uses the cushion to pull up. She would rather be in her walker like right now, she is chasing Austin through the house in it. She’s heading down the hallway after him hollering “buba buba” and “hey!” That’s her new favorite word. Its “HEY” every time she wants something! She is so full of attitude. I don't know if it's the difference between boys and girls, b/c Austin was not like this at all. If she doesn't get her way she will stomp her feet and almost growl, and then babble out something that I'm sure traslates into something really bad. lol

Just a side note... I was laying in the bed with Chloe this morning and she pulled up on my belly and laid her head down so her ear was on it. The lil girl inside of me starting kicking away and Chloe just turned and looked at me with her mouth wide open, like she couldn't believe what just happened. I have found out whenever I am holding Chloe or we are "talking" to each other, the baby starts moving so much more. I just find it really sweet.
nursejessicadavis
nursejessicadavis

http://www.myspace.com/fairybitch4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Thu May 14, 2009 8:54 am

Shannon- My dr. was going to start some milk but Maddie is on soy formula because she was getting congested on the regular formula. So he said we'd wait a little longer. He also told me by 9 months she'd be on all table foods! It seemed so early to me, so I've been really trying to introduce any foods that are mushy that she can eat. I bought a sippy cup but I'm not sure what to put in it. Do you put formula in it or juice? Maddie's never had juice. I'm not sure if she can have the baby apple juice or not. I tried the sippy with formula one day and she did not like it.

Jessica-That is so sweet!

Well I think Maddie was wiped out still from the weekend. She goes to a friend's house on Wed. and my friend said she slept almost 3 hours in the morning. She didn't have an afternoon nap but instead went to bed an hour earlier at 7 (which is a nice time for bed!) and slept through the night! So hopefully she'll be back to sleeping through the night. Fingers crossed!!!

I have a headache and the kids are starting to pile in. So, have a great day ladies!
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Thu May 14, 2009 9:24 am

Morning Everyone,

Well I think I figured out Nate's sleeping problem. Yes it is a tooth coming in. Its one just to the right (his right) of the bottom 2 middle teeth. You can see it just under the gums. This will be tooth #7. i hope after these next 2 get through that we are done with teeth for a couple of weeks. Its like teeth and ear infections - we never get a break. So last night he slept better but still had a few fussy episodes. DH got up and checked on him but he went back to sleep on his own after fussing for a minute.

Shannon / Kristen - We are working on introducing the sippy cup to Nate. We have 2 different kinds. One is an Avent learning sippy cup and the other I think is a Gerber one. My mom got it for him as a gift. He is kind of getting the hang of it but not quite. We put the Gerber Baby Juice in it 1/2 & 1/2 water. We dont ever have to put very much in because he doesnt really drink it just chews on the mouth spout more. Its working a bit better these days because he has started wanting whatever we are eating and drinking so insert cup and he goes to town. Oh and that and it makes a great banging sound when you beat stuff with it.

Shannon - Wow it does sound early for milk. We were told no milk or milk products until Nate is at least a year old. It would probably be sooner if he didnt have the bad digestive issues, but it still seems early to me.

Jessica - The Star Trek movie was good. I am not a huge Trek fan but I thought it was good. DH LOVED it and is chomping at the bit for the next one to come out. That is so sweet about Chloe and the baby. Too cute. Oh and Nate has his first words too! They are "Hi" and "Hey". We are still working for Mama and Dada. Those are taking a little more time.

Hi all you other Mammas. Everyone must be really busy these days.

Oh and Nate thougth it would be good fun to spit up all over me as I was walking out the door this morning. So I had to run and change clothes. That is not as easy as it sounds as I have NO clothes. I did finally order some yesterday and I cant wait for them to show up. It was so hard finding another outfit this morning. Nate, however, stayed perfectly clean. Missed himself totally. Love it!

I guess I should go and get to work.

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Thu May 14, 2009 1:39 pm

Amy, doesn't that figure...I'm with you on the clothes, there are a select few and after that I'll be checking for spots or naked....eww, scary.

Jessi, that is so cute Chloe getting excited about the baby. hopefully she'll feel the same once her lil sister is here.

Shannon/Kristen, i have been trying the sippy cup with Aubrey for months. at first it was with formula just to try to get her to drink more but it didn't work. now i put apple juice in it. i also give her her own spoon when i'm feeding her and i put mine in and she follows usually gagging herself.

Kristen, you may feel more comfy buying kids juice but IMO i think it's just watered down regular juice. i bought regular mott's apple juice (i made sure it was just apple juice, nothing added) and then i put a little bit of water in it. A large bottle of regular was about 50 cents more than a tiny bottle of gerber juice.

Hey to all the other mommas...hope u'r day is going well...

AFM:I think I'm over my temper tantrum from yesterday, still aggravated but calmed down.
We're getting ready for Aubrey's NICU follow-up, it's at children's hosp today at 2:30 then we have to be back there tomorrow morn at 11 for her follow-up with the urologist. i swear the guards know us when we walk in, they don't even ask if we're there to visit or an appt b/c they make sure they know where everyone is going that walks into the hospital.
So as a treat this afternoon I'm giving Aubrey some yo-baby yogurt, has anyone tried that yet? I know it has sugar so i was kind of iffy but she SO needs some calories and if i can get her to eat it i think it will be worth it.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Thu May 14, 2009 2:19 pm

I'm so freaking tired...we have just been go go go for the last few days and it doesn't seem like there is any end in sight...this is the busiest week ever!!! I have to go shopping for a baby shower tomorrow and I think I will pick a couple of training cups up for Landree then. I feel like I am so behind compared to you guys with her. She is still only eating one jar of stage food twice a day, any more than that she will refuse her bottle and I know she needs the nutrients from the formula more. She really doesn't eat table food yet either. and still no teeth in sight, is she the only one left with no teeth?

Kristen- you can try just water too, if you don't want to do juice. McKenna would only drink water and still prefers that over everything else...I'm not knocking it.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Thu May 14, 2009 2:36 pm

Thanks for the info. ladies! I'll try her with apple juice tonight!

Amy- I so know what you mean about clothes. Maddie's baptism is coming up and I have nothing to wear! I feel like I wear the same outfits to work every week but I refuse to buy more because I really want to lose weight!!!

Diana- Maddie eats the yo-baby yogurt sometimes. She likes the banana one the best! Thanks for the advice on the apple juice I'll be getting the big one and watering it down too. Makes more sense!!

Kim- I was worried about the same thing. I just picked up a sippy cup a week or so ago but I tried it with formula and it didn't go so well. Maddie still doesn't have any teeth either. The dr. said to give her cheerios, but I'm just so nervous to do so. She is def. teething though!

I feel like it should be Friday! On a good note, I'm going to get my hair done tonight. I haven't highlighted it since Sept. and cut it since Nov. I'm so excited. My eyebrows are excited too! They no longer look like eyebrows!
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum