Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayflowers or May Flowers???

+8
ladydy
tweetie462
eileen bauer
PolloLoco75
nursejessicadavis
Kim
MichelleL
mythreesons
12 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Mayflowers or May Flowers??? - Page 9 Empty Re: Mayflowers or May Flowers???

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2009 2:06 am

Michelle- Yay!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy it came back negative!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sat May 30, 2009 4:26 am

MichelleL- YEAH!!! and may that nurse have thousands of itches she can't reach!...lol
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Sat May 30, 2009 10:22 am

Morning Ladies!

I dont have a lot of time but I wanted to stop by and say

WAHOOOO! MICHELLE THAT IS SO AWESOME! I LOVE A GOOD NEGATIVE! Have fun today. Have you stopped happy dancing yet? I am sure you are enjoying every minute.

Now we will focus our positive energies to you procedure next week and to Aubrey and Elijah"s procedures.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Sun May 31, 2009 8:49 am

Michelle- I'm so happy for you! I'm so glad the results came back the way we all hoped for!!
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by nursejessicadavis Sun May 31, 2009 3:31 pm

Hey Ladies.

I have been such a slacker this week. Every morning Chloe has been waking up with a mild fever…like less than 101. Her teething has gotten worse. She is so miserable. Of course I take her to our idiot doctor and he tells me she has a stomach virus. She has one bowel movement a day, that’s usually a small ball…so how does she have a stomach virus??? So then Friday, she breaks out in a rash from head to butt. It looks like an awful case of eczema. I called her doctors office, they don’t seem concerned, they said it could wait until Monday, so we are going tomorrow. It was really itchy at first now its just there. The Aveeno lotion really helps. Fever free for 2 days now. I don’t know what’s up with her. So at the docs she only weighed 15pounds, that was FULLY clothed. She has only gained 1 pound since March. The doctor just says its no big deal, that her length is great, she is healthy, god knows she eats all the time. She’s just going to be small like her daddy.

I tried to put her in size 3 diapers and they swallowed her. You could watch the pee shoot out the sides. So we are back to size 2. I am also alternating stage 2 and 3 foods with her. She doesn’t have teeth but she can crush food with her gums. She eats those crunchies and you can hear them crunching!!! We went out to eat yesterday and I ordered her applesauce and French fries. She loved it. She was all into those French fries!! She uses her gums to pull them apart and eat them. So cute.

Michelle---WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!

That’s all from this end! Hope ya’ll are having a good weekend. It’s actually not raining this weekend!!!
nursejessicadavis
nursejessicadavis

http://www.myspace.com/fairybitch4life

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Sun May 31, 2009 3:35 pm

MichelleL- WooHoo!!!! Stupid Nurse but WOOHOO!!!!
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Sun May 31, 2009 10:54 pm

Michelle - so glad that the test was negative!! (don't remember if i said it before)

Hi everyone!

AFM: This weekend was okay - last night was little league night at the Rock Cats, so we went to the game. Jeremy got to be on the field during the intro songs so that was cool.

Today was a lot of running around, and now DH is working on a pre-employment assessment test for a possible job in Chicago. They like his resume, but he has to do this test that takes almost 2 hours before they'll even do a phone screen. Nothing like a little pressure! And it has nothing to do with his actual job - it's a personality test and memory recall and stuff like that. He's onto the Math Word Problems, so I had to leave so I didn't help him! Hopefully he'll do well enough that he'll move onto the next level.

Not much else happening here...I can't believe June is tomorrow! And there's only a couple more weeks of school.....

I think I'm going to have to call the pedi for Rayna because nothing I do will get her to poop in the potty! I just don't know what to do! I've tried giving her more control over other things, but it doesn't seem to matter. I'm wondering if there's something else going on.......

Hope everyone has a great week! DH is off to NJ tomorrow night Sad but just for the night - he has to be in the NJ office on Tuesday, but it still makes a very long night/day for me! But, that's the way life goes! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:47 am

Well same ol same ol here....But on an awesome note Jeremiah started crawling at About 2 hours ago... I was so excited about that!!! He has also learned to say mama within the last week and his newest word is Yeah. So he knows how to say dada, mama, baba, and yeah...Hes also in the beginning stages of wanting to pull himself up to stuff dh caught him in that act earlier today..

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:47 am

Thank you to everyone for the well wishes! I am sooooo glad last week is over and a new one has begun!

Amy - Positive thoughts sure go A LONG WAY! I really love your new hair do! The color looks fantastic and the way the layers lay looks really really nice!

Kristen - I'm glad your Grandpa is doing better.

Diana - I've been thinking about Aubrey all weekend. What time is her procedure Thursday?

Jessica - Your doctor DOES sound like an idiot. And far to layed back to be taking care of people who can't voice their pain except for crying. Sorry. Anyway, size 2???? Size 2???? Brenden is now in size 5.

Kim- Congrats to little Miss McKenna! Did her place get a plaque or anything?

Shannon - I hope you are doing okay.

Elise - My youngest brother had a problem pooping in the toilet until he was 8 or so. He was diagnosed with some kind of gigantic bowel or something. It turned out it was easier for him to go while standing and walking helped to. It was a nasty mess. I didn't live at home at the time and I'm not sure how the dr's helped him get thru it but they did. I feel for you having the hubby go out of town! Mine leaves on the 14th for two weeks and I am scared to death I'm not going to get any sleep! LOL!

Joy - Awwww that's awesome about Jeremiah! Pretty soon these kiddos are gonna be running around!

AFM - I have my pre-op appointment this morning and the cleaning service is coming at noon. I was suppose to sit down last night and figure out the week in terms of food, shopping, laundry ect since I will be out of commission atleast 3 days after the procedure. I can't believe how far behind 3 lousy days can get me! Geesh! Anyway, I took the boys to the pool yesterday while DH was working a few extra hours! OMG! We had soooooooo much fun! Brenden was in his floating and kicking....he was actually moving the floaty like he was swimming! He also sat on his blanket in the grass to dry off and was perfectly content. It was really a nice afternoon! Dawson and I spend many hours at the pool in the summer and I'm so releaved to know that Brenden likes it! Our subdivision has a really nice, big pool with slides ect. It's nice to see our neighbors and Dawson gets to hang with kids from school. I am so ready for summer to officially be here. I can't believe they are in school until Friday. I'm off to make breakfast for my guys. Tony is working is wierd shift this week so he doesn't go in until 9 and he doesn't get home unitl 6 or so. I like him coming home at his usual 4pm so much better! Ya'll have a great Monday!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:12 am

Morning ladies,

We have pre-op blood work today, anytime, but I think after breakfast we're going to get there and get it over with. Last time she had to have blood drawn I made DH go in the room. I'm outta luck today, he's at work.

Michelle, I'm not sure yet the time I just know it will be morning. The don't finalize their schedule until the day before. I guess being at the Children's hospital they have too many new babies coming all the time to set anything too far in advance.
I know they do outpatient first and then youngest to oldest...she's not outpatient but still should be in the morning.
I'm with ya on trying to prepare. I started a list for Aubrey's bag and my bag. Thankfully my sisters are making food for DH to have at the house or that was going to be my tomorrow night.

Hopefully I'll have some time later to catch up on personals. Hope everyone has a good day.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:23 am

Diana- how long will she have to stay in the hospital for...you might have said before but my memory is non existent.

Elise- I wish your hubby lots and lots of luck...you have family in the chicago area right? I hope you can get some help or at least advise with what to do with Rayna.

Amy- I agree, your hair looks fabulous.

Jessica- try some hydrocortizone cream or oinment on her. My oldest has excezma and we have a prescription strength hydro cream we put on her for flare ups and it does wonders...rash is gone with in a day. Eucerin lotion is also the best to put on her daily and after bathing it really helps keep the skin moist.

AFM- I am seriously just dragging butt...I have been sick with a cold all weekend, even called out from work on Sat, then I am off Sun, Mon, Tue...luckily my mom came over to watch the girls for a bit Sat morning so I could sleep and get some rest. Then Landree was really really constipated, the poor girl was in so much pain for two days, luckily after giving her a suppository she seems to be back to normal today. Then McKenna peed through her pull up and didn't like the fact that her bed was wet so she woke Landree and I up at 5:30 this morning...which is going to make for a seriously long day. Good thing there wasn't much on the agenda except laundry and giving my brother a hair cut.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:19 am

Kim, I hope u'r feeling better soon..
They told me they allot 2 hrs for the procedure and then 7-10 days is the average. It's a long time. Her intestines have to 'wake up' and everything has to start working/digesting again.
So, I'm trying to figure out what to take and if I should take my own car and leave it parked in the garage. It probably would be better then I can just leave some of my stuff in the car. Poor DH will be going to work then straight to the hospital, he can shower & change in the family room there and then he'll have 1 1/2-2 hrs everyday to visit then he has to go to school. I know I'm going to be wiped out mentally but he's just going to be physically drained. I feel so bad for him.
My family mom/sisters are wonderful and they will take my dirty clothes home and wash and bring back and bring food. They're cooking for DH so he'll have lunches for work. I could do my laundry at the hospital but some of those services I hate to use when there are people that live far away waiting for them.

I've been, I hate to say looking forward to it, but kind of looking forward to getting this over but as the day nears I'm getting more nervous. I know she'll do great and all will be fine I just feel so bad that she has to go thru it. I just dread seeing her pain.

Ok, gotta go now or I'll be having a pity party....
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:02 pm

Diana - Just a few suggestions (I am always full of suggestions): Mylicon for when her intestines start to wake up...that is the worst part of the surgery IMO. They gave Dawson Reglan to relax his gut a little when the "waking up" first started which seemed to help but I had to specifically ask for it. Also, long sleeve one piece outfits that zip or snap up the front. It's hard to get IV tubing around anything that goes over the head and she isn't going to be able to bend well....rolling to zip and snap will be much easier for Aubrey. Another suggestion is the Johnson and Johnson lavender soothing wash and lotion. I would gently rub Dawson down a couple of times a day....like a massage. It really helped him relax and I know his muscles got tired from not moving much. I also took his little stereo (no iPods in 2001 LOL!) to drown out some of the hospital noise so he could sleep better. The hospital he was in (OU Children's) had wagons to wheel the kids around in...it was fantastic. About 5 days post-op I put blankets in the wagon and wheeled him around the unit to get him out of that darn bed. It was very very very hard for him to start getting around again just as it would be for an adult or anyone else after such a surgery. But when it's time to get moving a bit your gonna have to compassionately make her do it. It's really hard but it's going to hurt her worse to let her not do anything. The only other thing I can think of at this moment is to believe in yourself as Aubrey's mother....follow your gut. A nurse can be a fabulous asset but if she's not on the same page as you are then the situation can be a bad nightmare. Don't let someone make you second guess yourself.

Use my unsolicitated advice at your own discretion and if you need anything I am only a phone call away. I am thinking and praying for your family and that precious baby girl!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum