Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayflowers or May Flowers???

+8
ladydy
tweetie462
eileen bauer
PolloLoco75
nursejessicadavis
Kim
MichelleL
mythreesons
12 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Mayflowers or May Flowers??? - Page 8 Empty Re: Mayflowers or May Flowers???

Post by tweetie462 Sun May 24, 2009 10:59 pm

Shannon - I so understand! We told ODS about the whole job situation so now he's worried about where we might be moving to, if we move, and when.....

Eileen - Hope you had a great b-day!!

MichelleL - glad you're taking the time to do something for yourself! i wish i had the time and money to do something for myself!

AFM: feeling a bit better - got out of the house yesterday without DH or kids for a little bit, which is always nice. my mom also came over and helped me with some weeding and planting flowers so the yard looks eh instead of blech. tomorrow we're off to the parade where jeremy is marching and then to my parents for a bbq. and then back home to finish everything that we didn't do yesterday or today.

hope everyone has (and had) a great holiday weekend! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue May 26, 2009 8:53 am

Morning ladies,

I hope you all had a great weekend. DH's procedure went amazingly fast and uneventful. He felt great all weekend just slightly tender on Saturday.
Aubrey woke up with 101.5 fever on Saturday, so blew any plans for that day and she's been running low grade off and on all weekend. She's been throwing up more than normal and waking up screaming at night. I put orajel on her gums and it seems to help but she's also pulling at her hair around her ears. I just want to call the dr this morning b/c I want to make sure nothing is up that will hold off her procedure next week.

I'll have to come back to do personals later. I need to get ready to either go to the Dr or to work. I won't know til I can call at 8:30.

Have a great day and I'll chat at ya's later!!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue May 26, 2009 11:32 am

Diana - sounds like ear infection, maybe! hope not! let us know what the dr says

AFM: the parade was nice and then we spent the afternoon at my parents house which was nice too.

now my new back door is being installed!! Smile so it's loud, but worth it! hope everyone had a great Memorial day and is able to easily get back to the day-to-day stuff! Grr....
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue May 26, 2009 5:28 pm

HI Everyone!

Diana - It does sound like a possible ear infection. I hope Aubrey starts to feeling better soon and it doesnt hod anything up.

Michelle - I am so Jealous of the laser hair removal. I have been asking for it forever from DH for birthday or Christmas gift. I never get it. Sad I cant really talk to DH about it either. Stupid facial hair! Mine is genetic. Thanks mom!

Jessica - I hope you are feeling better and your abdomen stopped hurting.

Shannon - That is so exciting that Lucas is almost crawling. Nate is so close too. He is going backwards and gets frustrated and falls over. Hopefully forwards is right around the corner.
Even more exciting - Everyone is healthy! I am knocking on wood for you too! Knock some for me Nate has held up a whole week without antibiotics!

Elise - I am jealous of your front door! I asked for a new front door for Mother's day. That is how bad I want one. Ours is cracked and you can see the sunshine throught the cracks in the door. HELLO! Time for a new door. I just have to pick one out and have it put in.

Hi to all the other Emommas!

AFM- Well we had a good trip to SA. Nate did wonderful in the car. He only got fussy on the way back when we were about 10 minutes from home. He was then officially done. He had my grandmother wrapped around his little finger. We didnt get to go swimming because it rained a bunch while we were there. We didnt go to the zoo either. It was a weekend of doing nothing and I cant tell you how tired I am. I even took a nap this morning for a couple hours and am still exhausted. Family can take it out of you. I love em but it was exhausting. We went and picked up the doggies today. They are passed out on the floor asleep. They are usually worn out for a couple of days after going to camp. So we are doing laundry and everything trying to get ready for work tomorrow. Yeah for only being a 3 day work week! I guess that is it for now. We are about to go and pick up Nate from daycare. We took him in today so we could pick up the dogs. There just isnt enough room in our car for both baby and puppies.

Take Care Ladeis - I am glad to hear you all had a good Memorial Day Weekend!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2009 11:29 pm

Wow I have been gone for a week exactly and there were so many posts I have no clue what each was about. I ended up going to my sisters for Memorial Day and I took the 3 kids with me dh stayed home because he was hoping he would get a phone call for a job but no such luck. I hope he is able to find something pretty soon because we are way behind on all our bill, car payments and rent.. I don't want to move to my mil and she is a bit peeved at me right now because I won't let her take my kids off on her own and stuff but I really do not feel safe nor comfy with that whole idea. My dh seems a bit upset with that but my mommy gut says no... We had a great timeat my sisters house I got to see my little brother who is off at a boot camp/academy ran by the national guard...its in Battle Creek. He looks so grown up now. they are letting him try and pass his GED testing there also.. He has only been there since Jan but he has grown so much since then.I also was able to see my little sister whom I let go of my guardianship of in Dec. She is doing really well and has grown since then.. she is taller than me now. I guess that family she has been with is planning on adopting her before the end of this year...My other sister who had the Gastric Bypass has lost alot of weight she is down 76lbs so she is about my size I am taking it...thats what it looks like anyways.. Me I am just awaiting the days for Elijah's surgery... Other than all that not much has changed here. Jeremiah is still working on trying to crawl forwards...he love those cheese and veggie dip curls made by gerber...He is also teething again and the top two on either side of his middle teeth are right below the surface getting ready to come in...Alright well I will try and get on here again tomorrow and do personals on what is posted then..but this time around there was too much to comment on..I hope all you ladies are doing well though and your little ones are doing good also..

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Wed May 27, 2009 5:38 am

Shannon- to be a constable who does the civil service yes you need a peace officers license, however there are all sorts of private companies that do civil service meaning they deliver the papers and you don't need a peace officer license. It depends on your state. In texas you have to be a peace officer. Check with your local county governments web site and go from there it should have all the information for you or atleast a number to call. criminal justice is booming right now let me tell you! There are all sorts of non sworn meaning non officer jobs that go into criminal justice good luck!!!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed May 27, 2009 10:37 am

Morning ladies,

Amy, glad u had a good trip and Nate was such a great traveler. It makes it so much more enjoyable. I agree family can be exhausting.

Elise, isn't it always so nice to have things done to your house. It's a never ending process I think but fun. DH has done so much work on ours, knocking out walls to open the floor plan and refinishing floors, remodeling baths, but we still have so much. My kitchen is still from 1964, but workable and we've done nothing to our outside landscape.

Michelle, awesome on the hair removal. I've never considered it b/c I'm too cheap to spend the money on it but I could definitely use it. If I let my eyebrows go for more than a week I'm talking catepillars, any longer they grow into a long one from hairline to hairline.

Joy, glad to hear your family is all doing well and you enjoyed u'r trip. I understand counting the days til the surgery, I'm right there with you. When is the surgery?

Shannon...{{{hugs}}} I feel for you. I can't imagine having to handle the kids in that situation. That would have crushed me too.....
I understand totally how things can look bleak but try to stay positive, as hard as that is, things will change.

Kim, hope u didn't end up working too much over the weekend.

Hey Eileen, Kristen, Jessica (s)...and anyone else I may have missed, sorry.

AFM: took Aubrey to the dr yesterday and they didn't see anything in her ears or mouth but she's not acting like a UTI and since Sat her temp has not been out of the 99's. the pedi said it could be a bug or even teeth sometimes u see nothing til they pop thru. she had a 99.9 last night and thru up morning cereal, a little after her next bottle and then her dinner yesterday. this morning no temp and no pukin...she's home with g'ma so i'll have to check on her in a bit. hopefully just a bug that's gone now.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed May 27, 2009 9:45 pm

Amy- Yea to Nate off antibiotics!!! Go Nate Go!!! Hey how many teeth does he have now?

Joy- My cousin was in the marines and he came back after boot camp and there was a HUGE difference in him...Not just the haircut but the maturity and physical changes were amazing...He served in desert storm and that did alot to him mentally though...

Eileen- here's a direct link to the info for the civil officer position...tell me what you think...http://www.ongov.net/Sheriff/employciv.html...I will be calling the number tomorrow to get more info and then will let you know what I find out...There's been 2 fields that I've always found fascinating and have leaned towards in school..Criminal Justice and Nursing...But I've come to realize that I'm a bit of a germaphobe so don't think Nursing may be the way to go... I know to be an animal cruelty investigator here you have to be a peace officer and I looked into that. the course is offered at the local college and it's like 3 months(ish) and between $4200 to $4500 depending on if you need weapons training or not...At least I know I'd have job security Very Happy

Diana- Poor little Aubrey!! All of my boys have run fevers before cutting a tooth...Lucas was runnung higher than I was comfortable with so we think he had a nasty cold at the same time.Problem is that sometimes teething symptoms can appear to be cold symptoms as well....Who knows?

AFM: Well there's nothing really new for me to report...I've been handing out resumes left and right...DH well he doesn't seem to get that his resume won't magically appear in the different HR's mail boxes...Truly frustrated with him right now...The amazing thing though is that since he's been home we have actually been getting along better than before...Well mommas...Gotta get ready for bed...
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2009 1:20 am

Diana- Elijah's surgery is on June 9th and the way his snoring and breathing is that day cannot come soon enough for me.

Shannon- My brother is toying with the idea of possibly going into the Marines after this. I have a bit of nervousness and fear with that( You know the feeling a mom gets when her young is in danger of being hurt,yeah that one). I just hope he ends up finding some type of job around his home area and forgets the marines all together.. I know that sounds messed up but hes my little brother and I don't want anything to happen to him. It would be an awesome experience for him but so much could end up going for the worst in that type of work....

AFM- I have awesome news!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DH called unemployment this morning had to sit on the phone gave some info they had to fax it to their supervisor then he had to call back anyways long story short they are allowing him 20 more weeks of benefits...they said they will back pay him from when they cut him off so that means we can pay our bills and rent and do not have to move to his mothers.... I am so overly joyed about that part the most. I was so dreading moving with her right now her and I are not good with each other because she is ticked off that I think her home is a pig sty and that with the ways she raised her 3 kids and things I heard that happened that she has no idea of even now because she was not watching them, I will not allow her to take my kids for a few hours to do whatever with them... I feel in my gut that I should not and I cannot feel at peace with that idea and so she is upset with me about it.. But I do not give a care in the world what she thinks they are MY kids..my hubby is a but peeved with me being like that but the way she lives and the way he ended up being raised up in that is what makes him think it is ok and there is no problem with the way she is.. I mean he used to be out smoking cigs and making out in bushes with little girls at 5 yrs old and was out having sex with them a few years later....albeit in her home with out her even knowing because she never paid attn to that kind of stuff..then a few things I have noticed since having kids and becoming more alert on this type of stuff....is her house is disgusting and unsafe as far as I am concerned..there was one time we went there when it was just Elijah we had and there was aspirin or some type of pills someone dropped and decided they did not feel like picking it up so had I not been there watching Elijah could have gotten it and it was right in there living room in plain sight..another thing they have a dog in the house who poops in their laundry room thats the designated spot...mind you it is right off from their dining room....they leave knives and silverware laying around all over they are too lazy to take care of the stuff....her floors are nasty and even one time Elijah made a comment to her about her toilet needing to be cleaned because it was dirty and at the time he was only 2 1/2-3yr old..it was so dirty he was scared to pee in it..another instance he made a comment at his birthday party how it smelled like dog poop and they needed to clean it...( mind you this came all out of his mouth on his own with me not saying a word to him ever about it)But afterwards she asked dh did I put Elijah up to say that stuff.......He told her no but what he should have said is No its just your house is filthy compared to ours and you are just so immune to it to realize it....so her and are a bit distant at the moment..which I do not care about in the least... Sorry for a big ol rant but it was on my mind so figured I would talk about it....

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Thu May 28, 2009 3:55 am

Joy- Yeah!!! Congratulations and good luck hope he finds something soon!!!

Shannon- go for it I can't tell if they will trina you or not but go for it. Once you get your foot in teh door wiht a sheriff's department you are in you jsut have to get your foot in the door. I started out as a receptionist then did 9-1-1 dispatching and then now a corrections officer. If you want to be a cop or especially do animal cruelty then call and talk to your local sheriffs' department see if they will take you on a contoigency you complete the course. they may pay for some fo your trainning. The thing to consider is you might have to be a cop on teh street to egt into the animal stuff...you could alwasy be a constable that is the job i mentioned earlier. Or you coudl do security but if you ahve the peace officer license then why not be a cop I say.
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Thu May 28, 2009 7:53 am

Just stopping by to check in. I've read everything but only have a few minutes. I'm still waiting on my biopsy results and it has been really hard the last two days. If the dr doesn't call by this afternoon then I am calling them. Brenden has started crawling.....backwards...on all fours. He looks so funny! But he is one fast booger! LOL! Dawson doesn't get out of school until next Friday. I am so ready for summer vacation to be here! DH is leaving for Savannah for yearly maintanence school June 14th for 2 weeks. I'm really getting nervous about taking care of both kids by myself for so long. Dawson is easy but the baby is still STTN only once in a while. I have got to find activities that the three of us can do....I can't sit in this house for two weeks! Anyway, I'm nervous which is very unlike me. Hope ya'll have a good Wednesday!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Thu May 28, 2009 8:45 am

hey there gals, it seems like everyone had a nice holiday weekend. I worked Fri, Sat and Sun and we were quite busy. I was then off for Mon, Tue and Wed. Monday we went to the parade and then just spent some quality time with the family...yesterday was housework and grocery shopping...and cooking all afternoon to get ready for my double day today. McKenna has gotten a cold and I think Landree is starting one too. Both are sneezy with runny noses and McKenna has a cough...oh joy.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Thu May 28, 2009 9:36 am

Good Morning Ladies,

Joy - That is great news! I am sure you are breathing just a bit easier. Now to focus your energy on Elija and his surgery. When is it again? I will be thinking of you and your family.

Diana - I will keep my fingers crossed that Aubrey just had a bug and it is gone now. Her surgery is next week right? I will also be thinking of y'all. I am putting so much positivity out there for our mammas and their babies!

Shannon - That sounds really cool a career in Criminal Justice. I hear you on being a Nurse. I think I would like to be one if stuff didnt gross me out. LOL! I hope it works out for you because if you can get on with a city government then you can have great benifits and retirement packages. Oh and Nate still has only 6 teeth. He is working really hard on the other 2. They are just taking a bit longer than the others did.

MichelleL - I would be calling the doctor's office too! I swear its like they dont realize that they have people's lives in their hands and that people are waiting on pins and needles. We are here for you girl and I hope you find out today. Let us know how it goes.

Kim - You sure have been a busy bee! I hope your girls get to feeling better and thier sniffles dont turn into anything more.

To all our other emammas out there - I hope you are having a good day.

AFM: Well we are just getting back into the swing of things. Nate is back on schedule and is sleeping through the night again. I am keeping my fingers crossed that its just not a fluke. He is still REALLY CLINGY. Since we went out of town and everyone wanted to hold him and love on him all the time - he still wants that. I love that boy to death but I cant hold him 24/7. So we are going through a little readjustment period. Has anyone noticed hand dominance yet? I dont know if you can start telling what hand they will be by what they use most yet or if it is still up in the air. The only reason I say this is because Nate uses his left hand for everything. So we may have a lefty! He would be the first lefty in the family. Oh the fun of looking for special scissors, standing on the other side of home plate to bat, novelty coffee mugs... I guess we shall see. That is really about it for now. I guess I should get to work. I am getting right back into the thick of it. I am so glad we are busy again. I will try to come back later.

Take care Mammas!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Thu May 28, 2009 10:34 am

so the contest winners were posted on the westerly sun's website...and sadly neither Landree or Maddie placed in the 0-12 month category. McKenna came in third for the 2-3year olds...but I think only the first place winners get a prize. Oh well...there is always next year! Thanks to everyone that voted.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Thu May 28, 2009 12:12 pm

Kim, 3rd's not bad at all there were alot of kids. Babyzone sent me an email for thecutekid.com baby contest. ihaven't submitted anything yet but have considered it.

Amy, we are noticing left hand with Aubrey too. she uses both (mostly only one at a time though, it cracks us up) but if you put something out there she almost always goes for it first with her left hand....and we have no lefties either.

Michelle, how F-n rude to make u wait so long....they have to have those results by now. i agree with Amy it's like they don't even consider your turmoil. i'll be waiting to hear but remember no news is good news.

Joy, that's awesome news, so happy for you.

Shannon, It sounds like a great career choice, it will always be in demand.
I'm such a wuss/crybaby I would be bawling all the time as a animal cop. I love to watch the shows but it also breaks my heart.

Hey to all the mommas I'm missing.....hope u'r having a wonderful day.

AFM:Came to work for a few hours today to try to make up for not coming in on Tuesday but I'm ready to blow this joint. I'll talk to you chicas later!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Thu May 28, 2009 7:07 pm

Hi everyone! I've been reading, just not posting. Things here are really crazy (like they weren't before!). My dad had hernia surgery a couple of weeks ago, and now is going in for prostate surgery in a couple of weeks, so I now have that worry added on to everything else!

DH is still looking for a job, Rayna still won't poop in the potty, Logan at least is now sleeping thru the night (although now that I've typed it, he'll probably stop). It took a couple of days of letting him cry and going in at 5 to 10 min intervals to check on him, but it worked! Thank goodness! But, now that I'm getting sleep, I wake up even more tired than when I wasn't sleeping thru the night! Go figure! My guess is I have too much going on in my brain to rest comfortably.

The only thing anyone can come up with as to why Rayna won't poop in the potty anymore is control. She didn't have control over the whole foot thing or the hospital stay or the medicine she had to take, but pooping in the potty she can control, and is choosing not to. even though i have made her promises if she does (she'll get the wonder pets dvd that is sitting on the counter, she can wear underwear to school again, she can go swimming), she still won't. she'll tell you that she'll get these things if she poops in the potty, but she won't poop there! if you catch her starting to go, she'll go into the bathroom and sit on the potty, but won't finish (if she started) or push it out while she's sitting. i'm about to pull her out of camp because how can i send my 4 year to a pre-k camp class who is still in pull ups because she won't poop in the potty, when we all know she can! it is so frustrating!! i've tried taking the "i don't care" approach, we've tried telling her how upset we are, nothing phases her!

Don't remember if I mentioned, but we decided not to send her to kindergarten next year. She'll do a true pre-K year and then go to kindergarten the following year. Hopefully we'll also figure what else is going with her and get her whatever help (if any) she needs.

Ok - here are some personals....

Joy - I know you're counting down - I remember doing the same thing last year before Rayna's surgery and then afterwards, we'd constantly be peeking in her room because she was so quiet! Smile

Shannon - good luck with the job hunt - civil service is probably the safest jobs right now!

Kim - sorry the girls didn't win, but congrats to McKenna for getting 3rd place! that's pretty cool!

Diana - I'm sure you're on your countdown as well! I'm glad Aubrey didn't have an ear infection!

Michelle - hopefully you'll hear soon on the test results! maybe it's a "no news is good news" situation!

Hi to everyone that I missed! Smile

Ok - off to get Rayna snack and Logan's bedtime bottle ready and hope Alex and Jeremy get home before bedtime so I don't have to deal with the 2 of them at once! Smile I'll be so happy when Little League season is over! I'm so over these 2x a week practices!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2009 2:56 am

Elise- I so hope Rayne gives up the stubborness with pt I totally know what you are going through Faith did the same thing for quite awhile...its not fun esp when you know they can but just won't..

Amy- His surgury is June 9th...so his last day of school will be on the 8th because after surgery he won't be able to go back the 9th-11th because he will be so sore..the 11th is technically the last day though...

Michelle- I hope if you were able to find out today er um yesterday that it was good news and you just got caught up in celebration thats why you did not post back yesterday..Let us know what you found out when you get a chance to..

Kim- Well yeah it does kinda stink your LO'S did not place higher but you know what it is very cool that Mckenna got 3rd because lots of parents enter their children in those contests...

All other Momma's I cannot remember for the life of me who else posted so sorry if I forgot but have a great day mommas....

AFM- Not really much going on here we have to go tomorrow to trade in the outdated( well soon to be it expires june 23rd) convertible carseat I was going to( If I had to) use for Jeremiah to a safekids carseat check thing later on today. I spoke with the lady and she said they have some available and that for me to bring the old one and she would give me a new one free of charge and make sure it gets installed correctly..So that is a load off of my mind because I was really getting nervous that I would have to put him in an older one due to no money to afford a newer one.

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Fri May 29, 2009 5:31 am

Elise- I am so with you my 3 1/2 year old still won't go potty all the time in the potty. we haven't even breeched the pooping in the potty because we just can't get the peeing down to start with. It is so frustrating!!! I mean seriously I am worried my kid will be 5 and still not pottying in the potty!

MichelleL- Let us konw what they say I have been praying for you!!!

Kim- So sorry your girls didn't win they should have! How hard was it when you put your girls together? I want to put my boys together but am concerned about the 3 yr old being too rough and trying to crawl into the crib.

AFM Good news remember how CPS was investiating me for a lie my daughter told them back in feb well they finally ruled it out! so that is over thank goodness. been working a different building at the jail and loving it the supervisor requested me tonight which made me feel good. If someone requests me specificly then they must like me nad hte job I do. So that is cool. Where I am is just well I don't feel confident and it seems there is so many little things and so on I can't possibly get it all right. but here I am great. So it is nice to know I haven't lost my touch.

Issues with hubby are back too he is frustrated with me about my work schedule and him ahving to do all the work but well I can't change htat right now and he gets resentful of me for having to deal with everythign without me. just holding my breath until november or december hopfully sooner!

Daniel is doing great in his crib in his room and has 3 teeth now. 3 yr old is struggling with potty trainning,. and my daughter turns 9 on sunday. we have a build a bear party on saturday which I have to work friday and saturday night so that sucks! but ohwell. if i missed anyone i am sorry!!!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Fri May 29, 2009 8:18 am

Eileen- that must be such a relief!!! And I put the girls in the same room at Christmas...I just did it, for some reason McKenna doesn't think to mess with her when she is in her crib. When Landree is out, McKenna will on ocassion climb in it, but never while she is in it...the most she does is yell to us when sissy is making noise and it is time to sleep.

Elise- sorry to hear that you are still struggling so much with the potty training...but I truly think you hit the nail on the head with the control factor.

Joy- I wish Elijah luck with his surgery

Michelle- still no word on any results?

AFM- I am working...and have the cold that the girls have, it sucks...I have a cough and a sore and scratchy throat...ugh
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Fri May 29, 2009 11:00 am

I finally got a call back this morning! Grrrr...the nurse acted like it was no big deal....whatever. I got really pissed! Anyway, THE RESULTS WERE NEGATIVE!!!!! I spent half the night thanking God! I am having the ablation and getting my tubes tied next week. It is getting worked out with the surgery center as we speak! I can not tell ya'll how relieved I am! I didn't think I was gonna get past the past ALMOST TWO WEEKS! I want to thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for all of your prayers and concern. It has been really really hard. All of this has changed my life forever in many different ways. I am so thankful I don't have to put my family thru such an illness. And I am more thankful that I don't have to explain anything to my kids about cancer. I will have to talk with Dawson about what will happen next week but it's not a big deal and so I can tell him that and actually be telling him the truth! Praise God! I'll be on later. I've got to get Brenden up from the morning nap I forced him to take. LOL! Talk soon!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Fri May 29, 2009 11:26 am

Michelle- that is just such wonderful news!!! I am so happy for you...I hope you recover from your procedure quickly!
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Fri May 29, 2009 12:48 pm

Hey Ladies,
Sorry I haven't been on in a while. Maddie had her baptism on Sunday, I'll post pics. later and then we had to rush off to Michigan because we didn't know if my grandpa was going to make it. So, I got back into town and we're beat from the drive. But I wanted to give you a little update. My grandpa has been slowly getting worse with a leaky valve in his heart. On top of this his kidneys haven't been working well and his body has been filling with excess fluid. On Sunday night my mom called to check on my grandpa and found out there was an ambulance on the way because he had been extremely tired all day and then became unresponsive. My aunt said it didn't look good, so we all began to pack. But then a little while later we got a call saying he was responsive again- it had been an allergic reaction to a medicine he was on and it had been really touch and go for a while. But he was better and they told us to wait to come out. My mom and brother decided they would go then and we would meet up with them later in the week if all was well. Well on Monday my aunt called and said to come he was taking long naps and very deep sleeps. He was extremely weak and tired and they weren't sure if we could make it there before he didn't wake back up again. So we rushed up there. He wasn't good at first and the drs. said there was nothing else they could do. The next day one doctor suggested dialysis as a last resort to see if they could relieve some of the fluid from his body. He began treatments on Tues. Since then they took 15 plus pounds of excess fluid from him (sorry if that sounds gross). The treatments were working! He has been since building some strength and is looking so much better. He def. isn't be back to his old self, but it looks like we have some more time with him! So although he's not completely better, he looked much better than when I first got there. Seeing us all brought his spirits up and he even cried when we walked into the room he was so happy to see us! So I am so glad I went and was able to see him. I was really scared as was the rest of the family and can't believe what a few days of dialysis have done for him!

Kim- I saw that McKenna won third place, congrats! Although she should have been 1st! Too bad for Landree and Maddie, although I think they should have been on that list:)

Talk to you soon ladies, I'm beat!
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Fri May 29, 2009 12:54 pm

Kristen- Thanks...those big families in Westerly did us in...LOL. Sorry to hear about your grandfather but happy to hear that he is doing better. What part of MI is your family from? I have family there too...so many odd coincidences between you and I...seriously! And we really need to meet...since we live like 15 minutes apart.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Fri May 29, 2009 3:45 pm

Kim- Exactly right about those darn big fams in Westerly! My grandparents live in Delton, and two uncles I think both are in Battlecreek. Then my aunts are in Fort Wayne, IN. What about your fam? You are too right! There are sooo many similarities, we REALLY do need to get together!!!
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Fri May 29, 2009 10:39 pm

Michelle, WOOHOO, HAPPY DANCE!!! bounce Great news!!! So happy for you.

Kristen, sorry to hear that your grandpa is having a rough time, glad the dialysis is making him feel better. Dh was on dialysis for 6 months before his last transplant and it was amazing the difference it made in him.

Eileen, I'm glad the CPS thing is over for you. That's wonderful

Hey to all mommas. I hope you all have a great weekend.

AFM:We have tons of running to do this weekend. 2 parties on Sat, 1 on Sun so I'll talk to all of you on Monday I'm sure.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum